shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re: wearing multiple CGS colors rings at the same time...

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Hello All.
I could use some advice about right hand rings and if it's okay to wear different color gemstone rings at the same time. Would it be gauche? Should gemstone colors compliment each other? :confused:

What I'm trying to figure out is, would it look strange to wear a purplish-pink garnet ring on my middle finger and a totally different color gemstone on my pinky finger?

Suggestions are highly appreciated!! =)2

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Welp, this is what this honeybadger thinks.
Nobody puts CSbaby in the corner! :lol:

@Neptune I hope this is okay to show our snap from earlier today, but it's a fantastic example of beautiful colors.

I mean, look at it, tell me every color isn't beautiful together. Go on!
There is but one rule: Wear what makes you happy.

Courtesy of Neptune and her baubles :love::
9330.jpg

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
would it look strange to wear a purplish-pink garnet ring on my middle finger and a totally different color gemstone on my pinky finger?

Not to me.

But my opinion doesn't count. I'm not wearing those rings. You are.

So what do you think? Would you be comfortable with such a look? Does it look good to your eye? If yes, just wear what you enjoy. If not, wear only one of these things you enjoy at a time because your comfort with your bling is the top priority. Not the opinion of the side observers.

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Not to me.

But my opinion doesn't count. I'm not wearing those rings. You are.

So what do you think? Would you be comfortable with such a look? Does it look good to your eye? If yes, just wear what you enjoy. If not, wear only one of these things you enjoy at a time because your comfort with your bling is the top priority. Not the opinion of the side observers.

Thank you for your feedback Ladies... I appreciate it!!! My problem is in my mind color should coordinate, even with gemstones I guess...

Did I mention that I'm a little OCD. ;)2

To All: Anyone else wants to chime in, I'd love your guidance!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your feedback Ladies... I appreciate it!!! My problem is in my mind color should coordinate, even with gemstones I guess...

It just needs practice and a bit of fun experimenting and some confidence to rock these colours

Remenber they are your fingers and no one else's

It does not matter what anyone else thinks

i think by their very nature of bring right in front of us coloured gemstone rings are worn for the pleasure of the wearer

Last edited:
I'm in total agreement with everyone else... absolutely no rules! Sometimes I like to wear just one ring, to sort of showcase it, and sometimes I'll load it up. It's so much fun to play!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Wear what you are comfortable with. If too many colors bothers you, then one at a time. Or with diamonds. I tend to find that minimalist rings like @Neptune tend to play well together. If you have complicated designs/halos/color combination then maybe the ring may look better on its own. Also depends on the outfit you wear as well.

Typically I’m quite minimalist when it comes to clothes and I’ve some rings that I think to think as being more wearable with other rings, and others that I think needs to be on their own. If it goes well together on the hand, then go ahead and wear it. Whatever makes you happy!

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Wear what you are comfortable with. If too many colors bothers you, then one at a time. Or with diamonds. I tend to find that minimalist rings like @Neptune tend to play well together. If you have complicated designs/halos/color combination then maybe the ring may look better on its own. Also depends on the outfit you wear as well.

Typically I’m quite minimalist when it comes to clothes and I’ve some rings that I think to think as being more wearable with other rings, and others that I think needs to be on their own. If it goes well together on the hand, then go ahead and wear it. Whatever makes you happy!

My sentiments exactly!! My husband doesn't want me to look like Mr. T!!! So he's one reason I am unsure.

Concurrently, I have worn a few rings on my right hand before... What can I say, maybe it's an Italian thing!! :geek2:

Thank you Ladies!!!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could use some advice about right hand rings and if it's okay to wear different color gemstone rings at the same time.

I am surprised that this is a question here. Who wants to wear multiple rings that are all the same color? I mean if you really want to coordinate, I guess you could have a padparadscha and a morganite and a tourmaline and a kunzite and a... [help me out here] -- but then what's the point?

It's not like two different shoes. :P2 Have fun!

(My DD wears a half-dozen small, colorful rings with prices that vary > 3 orders of magnitude. And that's saying something when you realize that the "expensive" one is not very expensive. :mrgreen2:)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Well… Depending on my mood I wear cocktail rings with big halos all the time. To work. To the market. To run errands. It makes me happy. Do people judge me for my bling? Maybe. But life is too short to worry so much. (And thankfully it is very safe where I live).

F4A9725D-F1D5-4257-BA94-C67C01628A3A.jpeg

OneKuhlChic

Shiny_Rock
Well… Depending on my mood I wear cocktail rings with big halos all the time. To work. To the market. To run errands. It makes me happy. Do people judge me for my bling? Maybe. But life is too short to worry so much. (And thankfully it is very safe where I live).

OMG, I love it!! Which reminds me, of while in kindergarten, the house next to my school had a pretty little garden with a bunch of spring flowers in bloom. One day while walking home, I saw some pretty tulips decided to pick a bunch for my Mom. Well, I didn't want to be greedy so I decided to leave a few (hoping no one would notice)...

As soon as I got home I handed a large bouquet of tulips to my Mom. She thanked me and tried not to laugh, but told me that although she loved her present, it's not nice to go around picking other people's flowers!!! :roll2:
I still remember that like it happened yesterday...!!! :P2

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

Okay story time. I just heard of this yesterday from my MIL.

Last weekend, one of her neighbor was attacked doing his morning jog. He usually jogged around our safe neighborhood but for some reason took a new route that morning. He came across 2 men in front of a shady apartment who stopped him. they attempted to remove his gold wedding band from his finger but after a few unsuccessful pulls (the ring is good as stuck on his finger for over 40 years!), they let him go. He was terrified.

I now think twice about wearing what when I go somewhere.

:eek2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, I love it!! Which reminds me, of while in kindergarten, the house next to my school had a pretty little garden with a bunch of spring flowers in bloom. One day while walking home, I saw some pretty tulips decided to pick a bunch for my Mom. Well, I didn't want to be greedy so I decided to leave a few (hoping no one would notice)...

As soon as I got home I handed a large bouquet of tulips to my Mom. She thanked me and tried not to laugh, but told me that although she loved her present, it's not nice to go around picking other people's flowers!!! :roll2:
I still remember that like it happened yesterday...!!! :P2

I remember picking every daffodil in mum's garden, all snapped off at a one inch stem
Definatly no laughing
I never did it again

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I would not wear more than one colour of jewellery except for my Nomination charm bracelet and 3 CS rings with more than 1 colour (diamonds etc. being white are discounted as a colour in that sense).

The 3 CS rings with more than 1 colour are:

1. A small red Spinel surrounded by Tsavorite melees
2. A white Zircon with pale blue Sapphires
3. An Amethyst with sky blue Topaz side stones

Soon they will be joined by a fourth - a pale Aquamarine with pale pink Morganite trap sides.

I seldom wear No. 1 on this list as I feel the mix of bold colours is too much against my colour Jams World Hawaiian shirts which are what I wear in the summer.

Hence I shan't have anymore CS rings made with bold contrasting colours, except for two sets of CSs waiting to be set - a pair of mis-matched pears in pink Tourmaline and Aquamarine, and a pair of mis-match sugar loaves in Amethyst (square) and Tourmaline (rectangular).

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I think it depends on jewellery/setting style, setting size and metal, not just the colour of the stone.

If we assume they are the same style, or all solitaires and just consider the colour, some combinations are probably easier to pull off than others, e.g. green and blue, purple and pink, purple and red etc.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
It seems that tudor/renaisance/elizabethan royalty and aristocracy were into the mulitple gem set rings look too (men included) - I've referred to them in the past for inspiration.

The index finger + ring finger combination seemed to be common.

1652128119159.png

1652128160617.png

1652128243905.png

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Also love the way Peggy Gottlieb from Christie's jewellery department wears her emerald on one hand and sapphire on the other. The similar setting style, shape and size stones, the pared down setting and the combination of blue and green makes it easier to coordinate.

Love also how her cs rings are coordinated with her overall look - blue and green ring stones, bright red glasses, lipstick and nails, and the 3 colours pulled together in her tutti frutti style earrings featuring blue, green and red stones, and all worn with 50s/60s vintage style clothing.

But I gues this isn't an example of two CS on the same hand.

1652128844276.png
1652128932545.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results