shape
carat
color
clarity

Question re Selling Stones

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you find the perfect consignment vendor who can sell your stones. Not requiring a quick sale is important as I have had potential buyers contact me over a year after I posted a listing asking to buy a stone or ring. It would not hurt to post a link with your consignment listing on LT or DB if allowed. From memory DB has 1400 independent views a day.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
What do you think is the % of sales you get from your consignment partner?
If you have really good gems, I assume you do from the 12 thousand messages you have put down here, I imagine any high-end seller would be happy to have yours in his inventory. Sellers are legion, but fine gems are not. Take your pick from those who are trusted here and have the highest retail prices. Or you could start your own FB-shop?

vik84

Rough_Rock
So I'm a bit embarrassed to post this, as I feel like a traitor to the colored stone team, but here goes...

Over the years, I've collected some beautiful and high end stones. Now I want to sell them but would like to do it on consignment so as not to have to deal with the logistics. The only places I can think of are Jewels by Grace and Bonhams (I adore Athenaworth, Gilded Lane, and would love to give her my business, but last time we spoke, she doesn't feel like her market is exactly the right one). When I looked up Bonham's auctions, I was surprised to see that their clientele seems interested in 1) HUGE but not necessarily super high quality; 2) exquisite, beautiful, set jewelry/works of art; or 3) lower end stones, neither particularly well cut nor particularly rare or high quality (almost stones that around here, we would consider learner stones). Grace really doesn't seem to specialize in colored stones.

So any brilliant ideas? I know it's silly for me to even be asking such a question. I should know better, but I don't! I bought with the idea of setting them and dripping so hard :lol: The reality is that I don't like big rings and big stones on me - in fact, I almost never wear the rings I have any more (earrings otoh, are a completely different matter, and plan on finally making some dangly ones with the pairs I've hoarded over the years). I am open to suggestions. I've sold a number of stones on LT but am not interested in selling there now, just cuz it feels way too daunting to manage it.

I'm trying to avoid providing details on precisely what, as this is not any kind of solicitation, this is not the right forum for sales, and it might take me a while to actually act. Suffice it to say that the stones I have are considered large and excellent quality for their kind, have top lab reports, and are the typical sought after suspects here. I sure would like a silver bullet!

Ideas, anyone? Thanks all for peaking in and for any suggestions you offer.

If you're interested, I'm happy to connect you to a broker friend of mine, Gabriel Matttice. She worked for Pala for over 20 years and regularly deals with consignments. Let me know if this helps, good luck !

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Actually I was thinking of King’s Jewelers in Walnut Creek.

Apropos of nothing but my first introduction to le as being anything about diamonds was back in 1999 with Mr. McConnell. They were the best, I never set foot in a mall jewelry store again.

Anne111

Shiny_Rock
I never set foot in a mall jewelry store again.
I guess that is true for all of us who have ever seen REAL gemstones. Even expensive mall shops only get on my nerves. They know nothing and when they come across arrogant I must stop myself from getting abusive.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many are there? I would list a few of them for you for free if you want, I list my own things on LT, Etsy and IG. If you list some yourself, I'd probably recommend LT (yes I know it can be painful with scammers and hagglers) because you will save a bunch of fees auction houses are the worst (unless it's something big, rare, or eye catching) they over promise, under deliver and change you a lot of fees. If you don't want to deal with the money exchange use someone like David Atlas as a middleman.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results