shape
carat
color
clarity

Question on GIA ExExEx

It is sometimes hard to read these because lighting can be so different. White is leakage. Pink is partial light return. Even H&A stones have some purposeful white areas! I think it looks good! But what is most important is, do you think the stone looks beautiful in all the lighting environments you've seen it in? I am sure there aren't many 4 ct. GIA XXX stones available, and you have probably found one of the better ones. But only keep it if you love the stone! (as in...read my tagline!)

Look at the way the stone is resting in the divot in the light - does it protrude like below? If you're using the ideal light provided that's probably the case - SC's comments about the stone being too far into the scope earlier -

Untitled.png

Yssie,

When using the light that comes with the IS, the stone looks like the right image. My husband raised the scope to look at it and take the picture. What is your suggestion about reading the image?

She's saying the stone is too far up into the scope. That is affecting the way the images look. It probably doesn't work well to raise the scope up because then you're letting light in from the bottom (?)

I understand that part, but how do you get the image and take photos of it otherwise?

I think those IS images look great for a large stone, it is frankly most likely TOO DARN BIG to take a proper IS image!

Honestly, at this point you ignore all that and go with your gut. It passes all the necessary selection criteria: Good report, good HCA, good IS.

Now all that matter is...

Do you LOOOOOOVE it???

And indeed, read DS's tag line.

It is beautiful. There is no question about that. :love: :love:

:oops: Pardon my ignorance: where can I find the taglines? :oops:

Look at the very bottom of the reply box. Not everyone has a tagline. Mine just applies frequently on this particular forum! ;))

As far as the stone and idealscope situation, I haven't ever tried to take a picture through and IS!!! So I think your husband is doing great! You'd have to stick the stone down into something, I suppose, to have it at that level and still allow the scope to sit flat on the surface. Jeweler have trays with little holes that the stones sit in and I guess that is how they manage it!

I'll be anxious to hear your final decision, but I think it sounds like you really love the stone! :appl:

DS,right now there is no tagline on your reply box. I've seen them on other responses, but tonight, yours isn't showing for some odd reason. :?

That being said, tomorrow is Double D (Diamond) (Decision) Day. I am sleeping on it, and will post my decision tomorrow.
:appl: :appl:

I was still having email server problems with the SMTB photos today. Our server was off line for hours today...and got a hundred emails as soon as it went back up....Go figure. No clients could get to me, and I couldn't get to them either. :roll:

I see her tagline, how odd?

But to remove the mystery -- WHEN IN DOUBT... DON'T! :bigsmile:

Owies...you may have something checked on your settings where it doesn't display taglines. I had that for a while (without realizing it!)

anyway, I would spend some more time with the stone, and if you love it...then KEEP it :) :) :)

The decision is in...(drum roll.............................................................)

We kept it! :love: Yay! :appl:

Now the real fun begins.... Time to try on settings. :D

Yay!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

That is great news! It will be fun to see the final product!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Can't WAIT to see what you choose, and your pics!!! Feel free to post another few (dozen) of it loose, too :sun:

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP