shape
carat
color
clarity

Question from a guy: how to deal with GF''s engagement fever when you are planning to propose soon a

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vindicator2002

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 5:00:08 PM
Author: flopkins
what dawn said.

tell her straight up, 'I love you, I am planning on proposing SOON, by ______(name month) Let me have some space to plan something special and surprise you. '

When does she have to decider her residency? Does she have any idea you are ring shopping?
Actually, we went ring shopping together a while ago. She didn't even know what kind of ring she wanted at the time and, for that matter, generally thought that the 4 Cs stood for "Crazy big, Crazy sparkly, Crazy nice, and Crazy expensive". (Okay, I am exaggerating about the latter, but not by much. We had multiple trips and looked at a large number of stones to decide what she liked and which parameters were the most important to her and which were not so important.) In the end, after having gone through solitaires, 3-stones, and 5-stones, she picked up a ring that had a baguette and three small round stones on either side of where the large main stone is supposed to go, loved it very much (as did I), and hasn't seen anything she liked better since. (She has not formally told me that this is the ring she wants, but that's implicitly understood.) I bought that setting a month or so ago and am now getting the stone (from Blue Nile, most likely).

As an unintended consequence of me telling her that she'll have her ring before she has her diploma, she got the renewed urge to go ring shopping again (not knowing that I already bought the ring). I jokingly brushed it off by saying that now that I told her the timeline, she is not allowed to ask anything else on the subject or the surprise will be ruined. She obliged, although she did devilishly ask me, "You haven't bought it already, have you?!" (which I of course denied with the vigor of a politician asked about a scandal that just might be true.) I am an awful liar, by the way.

Sooooo. If all goes well, the stone should be in my possession by Friday and set by sometime next week. At that point, I will be ready to have a nice chat with her mom, and assuming that she doesn't say something other than "Finally already!!", it's on to operation sneak-into-the-fiancee's-hotel-room-across-the-country. :)

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
wow! sounds like a great idea for a proposal!!

Good luck -- and make sure to post the all important pictures once you have the "hardware" complete!!

36.gif
36.gif

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
how romantic!
36.gif

i wish my bf did the same thing, too. after 5.5 years, he still thinks that i need to be patient whenever the subject comes up. i''m afraid i''m getting to a level that i may have to re-evaluate the whole relationship overall. it seems like he is not getting impatient or enthusiastic for joining his life with me, that makes me think that maybe i''m just not the right person for him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results