shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Yennyfire!

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I ran across an old post on octagonal vs round bezel set rings and saw the photo yennyfire posted way back in 2014 of a gorgeous 5 stone ring. Wondering if anyone can provide any details on who made the ring- I love how delicate the metalwork around the stones looks and am thinking about getting something similar (but smaller) as my wedding band.

Would also love any advice/suggestions for stone size. Currently thinking somewhere between 7 stone to 1/2 eternity. My engagement ring is a round solitaire at just under 1 carat and finger size 3.75. I ended up with a thin vatche band that's around 1.8-2mm if I recall correctly and having mismatched/differing widths for the bands of the e-ring and wedding band.

Hope she doesn't mind that I copied her gorgeous photo into this thread! Thanks in advance!

Sherry

img_13557.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can do a search for "Yennyfire bezel" and see what happens.

We have a very good search function.

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks Gypsy! I had tried to search through all of Yennyfire's posts and was having a hard time but the search function worked perfectly.

Any recommendation on stone size? I would love OECs- where would you recommend I look to find stones?

Thanks again

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is your budget?

What size and color were you hoping for?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, in the future if you are looking for someone's personal items, usually they would have started the thread themselves. So instead of looking through the posts, look through that persons topics. That is a much more manageable way of looking for a person's personal pieces.

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
My budget is around $2500. The ring at love affair diamonds is what I'm looking for, but I think I prefer one that doesn't taper and uses the same size stones. I realize my post wasn't clear- I meant that I don't mind if the width of my wedding band is not the same as the width of my engagement ring, but would like to use the same size stones for my wedding band. Also- I feel that the beading/milgrain on Yennyfire's is much more delicate/less prominent and prefer that.

My engagement ring is a WF expert selection I/SI1 so I would like to stay in the same range so that the color difference isn't noticeable. What range do you think would be best for OECS? Thanks again! Your advice, and that if other PSers is invaluable!

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny's ring was made by Singlestone, but since then, their prices have gone up a lot. The best option for a bezeled octagonal band is CVB Inspired Design, in my opinion. I am working on my third project with her now. She has made many and has different styles to offer. She can source the stones, too, if you want. I am going to post some pics for you of different ones she has made. The first is lower and easier to wear as a wedding band, and the two after that are more standalone. The last pic just shows a stack with a platinum octagonal band.

cvbbezelband.jpg

_38580.jpg

_38581.jpg

cvbbandsplat.jpg

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
Fantastic, thank you! I've reached out to her and hopefully will be able to discuss the project with her soon.

Do you have any opinion on the size stones might look nice? I don't want to overwhelm my engagement ring but will also likely wear my wedding band alone while working.

Thanks!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chiming in late. I actually copied TGal'a ring with her blessing. DS is correct, it was made by Singlestone and yes, their prices have increased significantly. I've never seen Caysie's work in person, but from photos, I do think she could copy this style ring and do an amazing job.

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
Thanks for chiming in, Yennyfire! Any tips/things you learned having the ring made that I should consider? It's a gorgeous ring!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A picture is worth 1000 words! It's much easier to have a convo with someone about what you want when referencing a photo. That, and be as specific as possible! Please post photos once it's on your finger!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a wedding band worn with a 1 ct diamond e-ring, I would personally want no wider than 3mm. You can show her the shape of the octagonal bezels that you prefer and the width you want, and she'd figure out the size of the diamonds. She can do a half eternity with a plain shank the rest of the way around (or it could be engraved). She also recent did a ring I just love and think it could be done with octagonal bezels and adjusted in design.

cvb5stoneband.jpg

sherryberrybear

Rough_Rock
wow, how GORGEOUS! thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely bring this design up and see how it can be altered. I'm not set on an eternity band so this may be a better fit for my lifestyle. Thanks!! :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sherryberrybear|1479094023|4098039 said:
wow, how GORGEOUS! thanks for the suggestion! Will definitely bring this design up and see how it can be altered. I'm not set on an eternity band so this may be a better fit for my lifestyle. Thanks!! :wavey:

You are welcome! Caysie is a great designer and I am certain she can come up with something that is just right for you! I actually want to have that last ring made for myself one of these days!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results