shape
carat
color
clarity

question for experts - 1.09 Ideal cut VS1 E

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thrill08

Rough_Rock
I just purchased an engagement ring with the following specs and price. My main concern was that the date of the GIA certificate is October 2000. Should I be concerned about this? I'd appreciate any feedbacks on this. Thank you.

1.09 carat (round)
Ideal cut
VS1
E color
table=55%
depth=62.1%
Symmetry=excellent
Polish=excellent
no flourescence
GIA certificate (GIA laser inscribed)
$8290
$300 for platinum ring
$9320 total (with tax and ring) I bought it from a jeweler in San Francisco.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As long as the diamond matches the certificate, there is nothing wrong with a diamond with a GIA certificate that is a few years old.
The only thing wrong is you paid a little high for your diamond. If you had purchased your diamond from one of the Pricescope online vendors, you could have an AGS Ideal one carat D VS1 for about the same price.
Have a nice day!

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Just have it looked at to make sure it matches the inscription and that there has been no extra abuse in those few years since the last evaluation. Just make a quick check, really no big deal
1.gif

thrill08

Rough_Rock
Dimonbob and Iceman,

Thank you for your candid feedback. Appreciate it!

thrill08

Rough_Rock
Dimonbob (Whiteflash)

Can you recommend several appraisers in the San Francisco area? I saw on a earlier post that you recommended appraisers for Los Angeles.

Thank you.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to Nancy Stacy in Walnut Creek. There is one other independent appraiser in SF, but I don't know the name. Nancy told us she would recommend him..so you may want to give her a ring and ask who it is if you want to stay local to SF...or if you want to take a little 45 min trek to WC...visit with her. She's great, very knowledgeable and teaches GIA appraisal classes so she definitely knows her stuff.

Other than those two, there isn't really anyone else in the BayArea that I have heard of or found....surprising isn't it?

Good luck!!
1.gif

thrill08

Rough_Rock
Great thanks for the referral.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results