shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Diamondseeker2006!

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker! Ive been looking around pricescope for a while now and have never posted anything. I saw another post that your daughter has the Caroline, Vatche. Do you have any additional pictures and hand shots? Also I'd love to be able to see some profile shots and the e-ring with some bands. Would really really appreciate it!!!

Thanks!!!

:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, ltk! I posted a thread when she got her ring and I will post that for you. And I posted again when she got her wedding band. I am sorry the pictures aren't better. She didn't exactly understand the need to spend an hour taking a zillion photos to get some good ones! ;))

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamondseekers-daughters-vatche-caroline-e-ring.152494/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamondseekers-daughters-vatche-caroline-e-ring.152494/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/maytal-hannah-milgrain-engraved-wedding-band.155420/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/maytal-hannah-milgrain-engraved-wedding-band.155420/[/URL]

She still loves her rings and I do think they are beautiful! Let me know if you have any other questions!

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the reply with links!! I love seeing the ring next to a band! So pretty! But would definitly love to see a profile shot to see the side pave basket whenever time permits! :love:

Also, One more question, did you have the width of the e-ring modified? On white flash, I believe it says it's 2.3mm and in the thread you said it was less than 2mm, does WF charge extra to make it thinner? I think I might like it in a 2mm but I'm guessing 2 vs 2.3 isn't a HUGE difference...what do you think?

Thanks!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash doesn't actually make that ring, Vatche does. I think they make the size of the shank proportional to the stone. They did not request it to be thinner than usual. Her diamond was something like 1.15 cts., and the shank was no more than 2mm because you can see it is thinner than her wedding band which is 2.5mm. So I would be fine just ordering the ring as it normally comes. From the samples I have seen, the Caroline is thinner than the Royal Crown.

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Hello - thanks for the answer again, I really appreciate it because I really love this setting in pictures but it's really difficult to tell what rings will look like in real life and get a real feel for the proportions without just seeing it in person since all of the pictures are so zoomed in. I think it is awesome that Vatche scales the ring to the diamond...just like Tiffany's does!

I had another question, do you know how high the diamond sits (I'm guessing Vatche also scales the height though)? I noticed you said it was fairly low to medium in another post. I am scared it will be super tall, which I dont like at all on my hand. We went and looked at rings in a B&M store and the sales associate measured a cathedral (from top of the diamond to the bottom) and it was 8.3mm, which I thought was obnoxiously tall looking (on my hand).

Also, does the basket head basically cover most of the side of the diamond in real life? I really love the look of a classic solitaire, but I feel like the Caroline head gives a solitaire a little something special, I just dont want it to be too overpowering! Enough with my rant, I really appreciate your advice and opinions!! Thank you!!!!

Also, we are looking at a 1.7 ACA and I am a size 5 or 5 1/4.

Thank you thank you!!

LKT

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamond does not sit high at all. It is what I consider low to medium. Mine is super low, and I actually think her height is more complimentary to the diamond. My diamond is closer to the size you are considering (7.6mm), and I think the Caroline would be the perfect height and definitely not too high. Her ring size is 5 1/2 (a little loose), just so you have perspective. As far as the sides go, the diamonds are teeny tiny and just add a bit of sparkle, so the side bars don't cover the whole side of the diamond. I'd guess they are similar in size to my plain ones on my Leon setting. But you don't ever get a full side view with a basket setting. The finish is nice on the ring and the prong tips are just perfect.

You are very welcome! I'll see if I can get a profile picture if I see her this weekend.

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Sounds great, thanks again for the additional info. Sounds like it won't be "too high". Have a great holiday weekend...and if extra pics arent an inconvienience, that would be awesome! :appl:

Thanks
LKT

lkt08

Rough_Rock
PS if you DO get a chance to take a few pics, a couple with yours and your daughters would be awesome as well to get an idea of a "low" vs a "Low/medium"

thank you - LKT

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing about very low settings is that the wedding band will invariably rub against the prongs of the e-ring sometimes. I was very careful to get a low set wedding band, but there are times it can hit the prongs. Her diamond is actually a little lower than she expected, but she likes it. If I were to be completely honest, I'd have to say that I like her setting better than mine. But when I told her that, she said I'd better not copy her rings! :lol:

I am going to try to post two pictures that will show you how super low mine is.

leontiffany3.jpg

leontiffany2.jpg

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Those pics are a great visual. I think you've eased my mind and I am going to let my bf know that the Caroline is THE one :) :) (If you couldn't alraedy tell, I have had a REALLY hard time trying to pick a setting online, I'm the type of person that has to see things in person and cannot make online purchases for ANYTHING unless I've seen it and know exactly what I am buying). I LOVE the photos of the Caroline though, so it's got to be better in person right?! So happy I posted this blog to get some feedback from someone who has seen it first hand! Yayy!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
lkt08|1315114428|3009466 said:
Those pics are a great visual. I think you've eased my mind and I am going to let my bf know that the Caroline is THE one :) :) (If you couldn't alraedy tell, I have had a REALLY hard time trying to pick a setting online, I'm the type of person that has to see things in person and cannot make online purchases for ANYTHING unless I've seen it and know exactly what I am buying). I LOVE the photos of the Caroline though, so it's got to be better in person right?! So happy I posted this blog to get some feedback from someone who has seen it first hand! Yayy!

lkt maybe you could see if there are any vatche dealers in your area and try it on? although I don't think you will be disappointed...it is a beautiful setting :)

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Hi slg .... I checked for vendors but unfortunately, not one in the whole state of AZ! The closest one is probably 7hrs away in Cali :(( As i mentioned, im a terrible online shopper when it comes to ANYTHING i buy but based on the pictures alone, I absolutely love the setting so worst case scenario when I see it and I think it's too high (which I don't think it will be anymore after talking to diamondseeker), I could always see if vatche could try and set it lower. I think it will be perfect though :) I love that it's a simple solitaire that looks traditional and classic but has a bit of uniqueness and extra sparkle to it. I wish more people had it on pricescope so I could see more pics!! either way now I guess it will just be a waiting game!! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I promise it won't be too low assuming they make it like my daughter's ring. As you can see, mine is a little too low. It just needs to be a tiny bit higher. The Caroline is low, but not as low as mine. I know I have said the same thing about 3 times, but I just want you to be at ease about it not being a high setting! I think it is proportioned perfectly. The little diamonds on the basket are tiny. You can hardly see them other than a little sparkle from the side. But I think it is very tasteful the way it is done.

Good luck and I hope you will come back with pictures of your ring once you are officially engaged!!! I will really love seeing a stone close to the size of mine in that setting!

lkt08

Rough_Rock
Diamondseeker - I really appreciate your comments, because they DO make me feel better! I definitely will post some pics when the time comes :) I have seriously been trying to find a setting online forever now, I've found a couple that I like but none have felt right until I found the Caroline. So I feel like it just HAS to be the one!!!
Thanks a ton!! Take Care! I will definitely be back with pictures ... hopefully soon haha :love:

LKT

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results