shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for Coloured Gem Crew . . .?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BB does some pretty amazing work, yeah?

And please tell me about your stuff from GemSelect!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 2:59:20 PM
Author: FrekeChild
BB does some pretty amazing work, yeah?

And please tell me about your stuff from GemSelect!
I didn''t have a nice amethyst, and I found a pretty large cushion that I liked. I also found a 7.5 mm pink tourmaline, and it''s this lovely pale pink that will look lovely in a pendant, or maybe in a setting. I also have an octagonal apetite that''s going to just be added to my collection.

My favourite piece that''s coming is a very Legacy-esque looking pinkish-purple 7.2 mm cushion that is just TDF in the pics! I just hope the gems are true to pictures. I wish I had grabbed the pics from their site before I pulled the trigger.
6.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, that sucks that it disappears as soon as it''s bought-I did that too.

I can''t wait to see your new stuff--it all sounds pretty awesome!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 3:50:32 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yeah, that sucks that it disappears as soon as it''s bought-I did that too.

I can''t wait to see your new stuff--it all sounds pretty awesome!
I wish I had known that . . . but, now I know for next time!
2.gif

So, I think I''m going to drop in on your spinel hunt . . .
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, I dropped it off with my jeweler this afternoon. I''m making some changes to the setting since the stone is a bit smaller than the setting allows for. We''re moving the prongs to the inside of the bezel, and then I''m asking him to miligrain the edge of the inner bezel to give it some interest. Single claw prongs and it should be done by Friday!
31.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 7:23:42 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
So, I dropped it off with my jeweler this afternoon. I''m making some changes to the setting since the stone is a bit smaller than the setting allows for. We''re moving the prongs to the inside of the bezel, and then I''m asking him to miligrain the edge of the inner bezel to give it some interest. Single claw prongs and it should be done by Friday!
31.gif
Sounds awesome Lauren! Your jewellers sound like they''re really flexible and confident - I wish I had someone like that here!
7.gif

Thankyou so much for the contact info. I can''t wait to see what the changes to the setting look like!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey lauren,
I hope you don''t mind, I wanted to ask you another question about the cushion mount, as I have just bought one too!
1.gif

I will most likely have mine done in yellow gold, I just wanted to ask if in your opinion it is worth the extra to upgrade to 18k ? My reasoning behind this is I''m hoping his 18k will look a bit richer than the 14k, and also then it may last longer - giving the potential for changing out the stone in the future, etc..?

I think it will cost ~$50 - what do you think? Sorry for all the Q''s, I can''t wait to see how yours turns out!
5.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 10:03:42 PM
Author: arjunajane
Hey lauren,
I hope you don't mind, I wanted to ask you another question about the cushion mount, as I have just bought one too!
1.gif

I will most likely have mine done in yellow gold, I just wanted to ask if in your opinion it is worth the extra to upgrade to 18k ? My reasoning behind this is I'm hoping his 18k will look a bit richer than the 14k, and also then it may last longer - giving the potential for changing out the stone in the future, etc..?

I think it will cost ~$50 - what do you think? Sorry for all the Q's, I can't wait to see how yours turns out!
5.gif
Yay! I can't wait to see yours when it's done! Yes, I think I would definitely upgrade to 18k if I had to do it over again. The diamonds I would actually leave alone because I'm happy with mine.
2.gif

Mine should be done this afternoon, so I'll probably have a photoshoot tomorrow or sometime this weekend.
36.gif

Did I also mention I bought 2 more settings from him?
11.gif
I'm done now - but the price of one was just soooo tempting, I couldn't help but buy the other!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:03:05 PM
11.gif

Hey lauren,
I hope you don''t mind, I wanted to ask you another question about the cushion mount, as I have just bought one too!
1.gif

I will most likely have mine done in yellow gold, I just wanted to ask if in your opinion it is worth the extra to upgrade to 18k ? My reasoning behind this is I''m hoping his 18k will look a bit richer than the 14k, and also then it may last longer - giving the potential for changing out the stone in the future, etc..?

I think it will cost ~$50 - what do you think? Sorry for all the Q''s, I can''t wait to see how yours turns out!
5.gif
Yay! I can''t wait to see yours when it''s done! Yes, I think I would definitely upgrade to 18k if I had to do it over again. The diamonds I would actually leave alone because I''m happy with mine.
2.gif

Mine should be done this afternoon, so I''ll probably have a photoshoot tomorrow or sometime this weekend.
36.gif

Did I also mention I bought 2 more settings from him? I''m done now - but the price of one was just soooo tempting, I couldn''t help but buy the other!
Are you kidding? How absolutely fabulous!

Well, I think that is the best stamp of approval the fact you are a double-repeat customer, right?
Can you share pics of which ones you got? I too have my eye on a couple others - some look like they need a lil more polishing etc, but I *think* I have a local jeweller now, so that stuff isn''t worrying me as much..

I can''t wait to see your photos, I''m really excited
36.gif

If I were you I would ask for discount - I have had at least 3 other people on PS ask for the link already..All thanks to you, lol!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:13:27 PM

11.gif

Hey lauren,
I hope you don't mind, I wanted to ask you another question about the cushion mount, as I have just bought one too!
1.gif

I will most likely have mine done in yellow gold, I just wanted to ask if in your opinion it is worth the extra to upgrade to 18k ? My reasoning behind this is I'm hoping his 18k will look a bit richer than the 14k, and also then it may last longer - giving the potential for changing out the stone in the future, etc..?

I think it will cost ~$50 - what do you think? Sorry for all the Q's, I can't wait to see how yours turns out!
5.gif
Yay! I can't wait to see yours when it's done! Yes, I think I would definitely upgrade to 18k if I had to do it over again. The diamonds I would actually leave alone because I'm happy with mine.
2.gif

Mine should be done this afternoon, so I'll probably have a photoshoot tomorrow or sometime this weekend.
36.gif

Did I also mention I bought 2 more settings from him? I'm done now - but the price of one was just soooo tempting, I couldn't help but buy the other!

Well, I think that is the best stamp of approval the fact you are a double-repeat customer, right?
Can you share pics of which ones you got? I too have my eye on a couple others - some look like they need a lil more polishing etc, but I *think* I have a local jeweller now, so that stuff isn't worrying me as much..

I can't wait to see your photos, I'm really excited
36.gif

If I were you I would ask for discount - I have had at least 3 other people on PS ask for the link already..All thanks to you, lol!
Oops, double post!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:13:27 PM

11.gif

Hey lauren,
1.gif

5.gif
Yay! I can''t wait to see yours when it''s done! Yes, I think I would definitely upgrade to 18k if I had to do it over again. The diamonds I would actually leave alone because I''m happy with mine.
2.gif

Mine should be done this afternoon, so I''ll probably have a photoshoot tomorrow or sometime this weekend.
36.gif

Did I also mention I bought 2 more settings from him? I''m done now - but the price of one was just soooo tempting, I couldn''t help but buy the other!

Can you share pics of which ones you got? I too have my eye on a couple others - some look like they need a lil more polishing etc, but I *think* I have a local jeweller now, so that stuff isn''t worrying me as much..

I can''t wait to see your photos, I''m really excited
36.gif

No, not kidding! I''m a confirmed addict!

Here is one I bought for my yellow sapphire EC. Definitely needs polishing, but my jeweler is doing that for me as we speak.

003aLTP.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here''s one I bought for a pink tourmaline I have.

043b.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Ha! I was considering that emerald one aswell !

Congrats on your new purchases Lauren, can't wait to see the results..

And thankyou for the lead
5.gif
Honestly, this guy is going to get soo much business from PS don't you think?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2008 12:39:34 PM
Ha! I was considering that emerald one aswell !

Congrats on your new purchases Lauren, can''t wait to see the results..

And thankyou for the lead
5.gif
Honestly, this guy is going to get soo much business from PS don''t you think?
Absolutely - I told him to expect an onslaught of knowledgeable PS members to show up!

I still can''t believe how inexpensive these settings are in relation to other places I''ve looked. But, as I mentioned before, with Clearance sales by Knox and other PS vendors, I''ve gotten just as sweet of a deal, IMO.
9.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for pointing me to this thread... I had seen them on ebay like 3 or 4 months ago, but wasnt sure of the quality, and was just really nervous about purchasing.. I love the first setting you got, I was looking at it today( I love how it kinda looks like the Legacy!!)

now I gotta save up to buy the setting...and hmm what kinda stone should I buy.. :) maybe an aqua or a blue topaz!! hehe

Cant wait to see the finished product!!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I got it! My jeweler is a Freakin'' GENIUS!!!!

New thread to come in a second!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
HURRY UP SOME OF US HAVE NO *LIFE*!
9.gif

LS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results