shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for a newbe to gemstones...looking for a halo ring

azints

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! I am new here, although I did read a bit of this site back when I got engaged and it was most helpful! Now, I am married, and all of you lovely ladies have caught my eye with some Beautiful colored rings in the eye candy folder! I am having trouble finding places to look to purchase however. I could go through our jeweler that made my engagement ring, but in my experience you generally pay a premium for custom. So do any of you know of websites that are good for looking at gemstone rings? It seems much of what is posted on here is sites for loose stones, and though I've found some beautiful ones, I'd love to find the "whole package" if possible!! I am flexible on stone type as I don't think I know much yet. I'm looking for a orange/pink color stone or yellow stone on a white gold ring with perhaps a halo and split shank. I am flexible on design though if I love it! I would like to find a square cut though (radiant or cushion) rather than round. IF anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Question for a newbe to gemstones...looking for a halo r

Well, first off, what is your budget? There are lots of halo rings, but there are all different kinds of quality and price points. :))

Welcome to Pricescope by the way. :wavey:

azints

Rough_Rock

Oh gosh! That's an obvious question, sorry I didn't put that! I'd love to stay around 1000? I could be a bit flexible with that. But somewhere below that would be my goal. Thanks! :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

azints|1306468840|2931461 said:
Oh gosh! That's an obvious question, sorry I didn't put that! I'd love to stay around 1000? I could be a bit flexible with that. But somewhere below that would be my goal. Thanks! :)

Is that for the ring and the stone, or just the ring?

azints

Rough_Rock

I was thinking that is all inclusive? If I can find something that I like in this range....do you think that is a possibility?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock

Definitely possible. What kind of center stone do you want?

azints

Rough_Rock

That's the problem, I don't think I totally know what centerstone to get. I originally was interested in perhaps an aquamarine, yellow sapphire or the padparadscha color, but I've seen so many beautiful options that I'm not sure now! I would really love to find something in either a lighter yellow color or the padparadscha color. Do you have any other suggestions of stones to look at?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock

Honestly I think you are much better buying the stone and having it set. It doesn't have to mean custom settings - I've had stones set in settings picked out of the Stuller catalogue, you just need to be careful about the size of the stone.

What kind of size centre stone are you after? How often do you want to wear the ring - is it an occasional piece or an everyday piece as this will influence the best choice of species.

Anything that is padmaraga coloured is going to carry a big premium I'm afraid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results