shape
carat
color
clarity

Question and looking for pics about diamond sizes for larger fingers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SBee

Rough_Rock
here she be:

rbwDSCN09162.jpg

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 5:16:11 PM
Author: FireGoddess
ring 7.5, 1.5 ct pear in halo
FireGoddess, I was just thinking a pear shaped stone in a halo would complement a large ring size nicely.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 2:10:11 AM
Author: curiopotter
I have a size 7.25 finger and I feel like sometimes this board skews reality, because my fingers aren''t huge or chubby.

Thank you!!! I feel the need to echo this...I''m 5''8" and wear a size 7, and people always remark about how long and slender my fingers are (1ct actually feels almost too big for me). Granted, I do have slightly big knuckles, such that a 7 slides over the knuckle but sort of rolls around as it sits on my finger. But this board is starting to make me feel fat!

Moral of the story: Size 7.5 is NOT at all big! Candlelite80, you should get whatever stone and setting you love most, because it will look fabulous on your fabulous fingers!

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I wear a size 8.5 ring and have a 1.09 ct RB with a halo and 2mm shank. Matching wedding band, all from James Allen (Danhov E1). I think with larger fingers the halo definitely helps a ton, and I thought I'd need to go with a chunky ring but I think the more delicate setting actually makes my hands seem daintier.

ChiFli.jpg

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 3:39:02 PM
Author: SBee
here she be:
SBee,

Is that a picture of your hand? If it is, you have a beautiful hand! I also love the setting on your hand... How pretty. That CZ looks very sparkly! I am sure the ring will look even better with your diamond once it is set! Congratulations!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
I''m jealous of all these long elegant fingers! I''m 5''8" (165lb) with elegant size 8 feet, but size 5 short stumpy fingers!
14.gif

Forget finger lipo - anyone invented finger stretching??

Long nails are just not going to cut it on a construction site!!
38.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 6:34:55 PM
Author: chickflick
I wear a size 8.5 ring and have a 1.09 ct RB with a halo and 2mm shank. Matching wedding band, all from James Allen (Danhov E1). I think with larger fingers the halo definitely helps a ton, and I thought I''d need to go with a chunky ring but I think the more delicate setting actually makes my hands seem daintier.

ChiFli.jpg
this picture has the band too right? I think this looks very good! When I''ve tried on rings that are super thin I always felt like the thin band actually made my finger look bigger. A proportional thing. I do agree on the halos though. They are growing on me :)

SBee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 7:34:02 PM
Author: kohdy

here she be:

SBee,

Is that a picture of your hand? If it is, you have a beautiful hand! I also love the setting on your hand... How pretty. That CZ looks very sparkly! I am sure the ring will look even better with your diamond once it is set! Congratulations!

Yup, that''s my hand! Thank you for the compliments!! I only wish my size 11.5 feet were that pretty
29.gif
I can''t wait for the ring to be finished!!!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 1:51:16 AM
Author:candlelite80
Just wondering for those of you with large fingers (think at least a 7.5) like mine what size and shape is your engagement ring diamond? I feel like sometimes here on Pricescope things are a bit off, it seems like all the diamonds are on the large size and all the fingers are on the small size. I get why the diamonds are big, if you are here then you most likely are a diamond lover and it makes sense to see bigger diamonds but what is with the small fingers? I never thought my fingers were small by any means but I never thought they were HUGE either and in comparison to everyone else I feel like they are very big. So, I would love to get your opinions, and pics if you have them, of larger fingers and what diamond sizes look like on them.
2.gif
I didn''t answer this before because my diamond is on the large size but my fingers are too! I''m having my ring done at 8.25. My size fluctuates WILDLY!! If I''m lower in weight, it is december, and I''m in the middle of my cycle it could be as low as a 7! If it is summer, i''m on my period, and I just ate two pounds of chocolate and a bag of chips it could be a 9! I''m not kidding LOL So I''m used to my rings being tight AND loose and just dealing with it. My wedding band is an 8.25 and it seems to be kinda average so that''s what I went with. The ring I''m doing is going to be a bit wider though so I just won''t eat the second pound of chocolate ;-)

Anyway... the reason I decided to post is that I was just talking about this with my designer yesterday... I''ve told her that it doesn''t matter to me if the prongs are on the thick side - I would like them to be so so the setting is beyond sturdy, but there''s the question of too big and I told her that my diamond is big, my band is big, my fingers are big, my hand is big... none of this is going to look out of proportion on MY hand. not any different than a 1 carat diamond in regular prongs on a size 5 finger anyway! So rather than using all of the typical methods of making our diamonds look bigger or our hands smaller, I decided to just supersize the entire package. Anyone looking at my hand will see a ring that fits MY hand. But if someone else put it on it would be HUGE!! In every way.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
here she be:
gorgeous ring!!

SBee

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 2:34:21 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

here she be:

gorgeous ring!!

Thank you!! My hunny just sent me a couple more hand pictures to post. Proportions were really important to us...I don''t care what my ring would look like on someone else just as long as it suits MY hand! :)

rDSCN0873.jpg

SBee

Rough_Rock
last one!

rDSCN0899.jpg

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 2:38:56 PM
last one!
My gosh SBee.... you really do have the prettiest hands!!! Wow... You see, my problem is the big knuckles! Well, it is actually more than that...
7.gif
I have really big hands and bigger knuckles! If it weren''t for the length of my fingers, I would have been totally doomed.
14.gif

Anyway, I love the ring on your finger. It is a perfect size for you! You''re right about the proportions! And the setting is absolutely stunning! You did an excellent job. Please share more photos once you get your ring back! Congratulations!
36.gif

cnkav

Shiny_Rock
My finger size is 6.5-7, the first ring is approx 1/3 ct, and another one is 1ct.

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 1:55:40 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 4/6/2007 6:34:55 PM
Author: chickflick
I wear a size 8.5 ring and have a 1.09 ct RB with a halo and 2mm shank. Matching wedding band, all from James Allen (Danhov E1). I think with larger fingers the halo definitely helps a ton, and I thought I''d need to go with a chunky ring but I think the more delicate setting actually makes my hands seem daintier.

ChiFli.jpg
this picture has the band too right? I think this looks very good! When I''ve tried on rings that are super thin I always felt like the thin band actually made my finger look bigger. A proportional thing. I do agree on the halos though. They are growing on me :)
It does include the band. My rings are a bit loosewhich helps when you have big fingers, too. The problem I had was I couldn''t try on any rings because the samples were all much too small, so I basically just picked a setting I liked from a website and hoped for the best. I love the way the thin bands make my diamond seem larger, which helps, too. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results