shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about uploading photos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Hi
I know this is the wrong place for this msg, but...
I just received an ammy from diamondexpert.com. And it is LOVELY. I am going to put it with a sunstone and a pink tourmaline and send it to Julia at etsy to make a pendant with the three stones. I have a couple of pics that I would love to share, but I can t upload them. It keeps telling me to reduce the size of the photo. I have cropped it as much as poss, but don t know how to further reduce it. I have a mac. Any advice?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Mousey, welcome! Can't wait to see the ammy!

Pricescope has a gallery that automatically resizes photos no matter what the original size, and the pics you add will always stay in your Gallery Images for quick reference.

Click this link: http://com.pricescope.com/photos/stones/category1005.aspx

Click "add picture" and browse for the jpg you have saved and upload it. Make sure you name it something unique. The Gallery auto uploads it for you, automatically resizing it to fit within PS parameters.

Then click on the uploaded pic until the address of the photo's address shows up in the address bar. Copy that link, and paste it into the "Insert Image" icon(mountains and sun) in the edit post box.

Hope that helps.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Lauren. OK, I think I have it.... I ll give it a whirl!

mousey

Shiny_Rock
gaaah!!! how do I rename the files? I am so stoopid!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2009 4:59:09 PM
Author: mousey
gaaah!!! how do I rename the files? I am so stoopid!
Right click on the icon (or however you right click on a Mac
2.gif
) and highlight the name, and just start typing a new name over the existing - don''t forget the .jpg!

Are you sure they won''t upload named the way they are straight off of your memory card dump onto the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results