shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about Tiffany around the world

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carebearz

Rough_Rock
I''m currently in Tokyo and visited Tiffany yesterday and was blowed away by their classic setting pieces. I own a Tiffany which I got it in Singapore and I saw one with the exact same specifications in Tokyo. It cost around S$1200 more than what I got mine for but that piece sat in the showcase looking really bling, and I do mean some major bling.

In fact, all their pieces were really brillant, sitting in the showcase. You can literally see the ''sparkle'' emitting from the diamonds. You know how some photographers touch up their photographers and add ''fake bursts of lights'' emitting from lights or diamonds? You can really see the burst the lights from their diamond pieces.

The store''s lighting is the same as in Singapore as the both the stores did not undergo any renovation. My own ring looked blah against it and I worn it for like only 3 times.

So I wonder does Tiffany Japan have better quality control as I''ve heard stories that they''re really strict on the pieces they take in. They send any piece not up to standard back to NY.
Or do they have some polishing technique?

I wouldn''t have mind paying the extra S$1200 (US$500) for that piece, it was really brillant!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
I suspect that properly cleaned and put in the case at the right angle your piece would have sparkled exactly like the other one.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The light has to do alot with the brilliance of the pizes, beside that the stones were totally clean at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results