Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

question about flourescence on grading report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma1lyc

Rough_Rock
I read that flourescence usually comes in blue, and then the next possible is yellow. I''m planning to purchase a diamond that states SB on the GIA grading report on my E color diamond. Would GIA state inthe grading report if it is a yellow flourescence instead? like MY (medium yellow) or SY(strong yellow)? or maybe a blue flor with a hint of yellow? Is this a dumb question? lol just wondering

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB means strong blue on the grading report. I am not 100% sure, but I would think the lab would state if the fluorescence was another colour too. It is rare to come across yellow it seems, it is usually blue.

ma1lyc

Rough_Rock
does that include the color of the flourescence as well? So if it happens to be a yellow flour.. would it be "faint yellow? "strong yellow" etc...? or is it only for blue flor? I was just wondering since i hear that yellow is the next possible flour, and have never really seen an example of a GIA report where it indicated yellow.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
IF you really want to be sure, you need to call the vendor and ask them if it''s blue. Don''t be afraid :) *nudge*

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 1:00:18 AM
Author: curiopotter
IF you really want to be sure, you need to call the vendor and ask them if it''s blue. Don''t be afraid :) *nudge*
yeah, just call and ask!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2007 12:42:47 AM
Author: ma1lyc
does that include the color of the flourescence as well? So if it happens to be a yellow flour.. would it be ''faint yellow? ''strong yellow'' etc...? or is it only for blue flor? I was just wondering since i hear that yellow is the next possible flour, and have never really seen an example of a GIA report where it indicated yellow.
Yes, the hue of color would be reported on any stone having medium fluorescence or greater.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Three-stone engagement ring upgrade
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.