shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about ebay sellers

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What @ForteKitty said, you need to file that claim STAT!

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I need help again! @YadaYadaYada
I sent 3 messages with no response.
Apparently this seller is a scammer. Suddenly a bunch of bad reviews have shown up in his feedback. People saying their items were never shipped.

Also, The delivery date keeps getting pushed up.
First it was Oct 1, then a few days later it said Oct 9. and just now it says Oct 13!
Can the seller be doing this so that if 45 days expire I cant get a refund?

That's terrible! I'm so sorry this is happening

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @stracci2000 I was really hoping it would be one of those that just shows up, and all is okay. Yes, this sounds like a scammer. File the report asap. I'm sorry, this kind of thing is always a bummer.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all your replies!
I always check feedback before I buy anything! The seller had 100% positive ratings.
It's mysterious that 8 negative reviews are just now showing up on this guy! I've been buying on Ebay since 2001, and this is the first time this has happened to me!

Ebay wouldn't let me file yesterday because technically the original delivery date had not passed. The original delivery date is today, 10/1.
So I guess I can't file till tomorrow.

My question is:
The original due date is 10/1, but subsequential info is saying
"the seller has updated this listing" and then later due dates are showing.
So can the seller change the delivery dates, or is Ebay doing this?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd go directly through paypal and get your money back, would not go through ebay at this point. Evident that seller is not shipping the item you paid for, Enough complaints will end up getting their paypal account closed and you will be out of money.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm at work now, I can't do anything till I get home.
So frustrating.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I'd go directly through paypal and get your money back, would not go through ebay at this point. Evident that seller is not shipping the item you paid for, Enough complaints will end up getting their paypal account closed and you will be out of money.

Yep, straight to Paypal. I don't bother with ebay. If the seller had perfect feedback, it's possible someone hacked it. Prior to this cluster of sales, did they have a lull with no feedback? Scammers usually pick accounts where there's no activity for 6+ months, then list a bunch of random stuff.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, straight to Paypal. I don't bother with ebay. If the seller had perfect feedback, it's possible someone hacked it. Prior to this cluster of sales, did they have a lull with no feedback? Scammers usually pick accounts where there's no activity for 6+ months, then list a bunch of random stuff.

@ForteKitty @YadaYadaYada @Arcadian @rainydaze
I just filed a report with PayPal.
I initially tried Ebay but kinda got the run-around on their "ask for a refund" page.
Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I feel a little better now.
And this wasn't even about jewelry! You see, my purchase was a Game of Thrones Box Set for my DH.
We were looking forward to watching it.

A pox on that seller. And karma is a b!tch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results