shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about August Vintage

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@muesli I really think that when that diamond arrives you are going to see nothing but sparkle. It is beautiful!! There is an incredible difference between what we see in these enormous images compared to what we see in real life.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HPHT Diamonds in comparison often have a blue (to most people undesireable tint).
Do we have empirical evidence for that or just Ada Diamonds' word? ;))

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Looks perfekt! And the graininess is really not an issue with your diamond!

Woohoo! I can't wait to get to wear it! Thank you:).

@muesli I really think that when that diamond arrives you are going to see nothing but sparkle. It is beautiful!! There is an incredible difference between what we see in these enormous images compared to what we see in real life.

Thank you too! I think I'm in for a shock :kiss2: .

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Do we have empirical evidence for that or just Ada Diamonds' word? ;))

Well a few GIA research papers have said the same thing. And I’ve found a few HPHT Diamonds with blue nuance in the cert.?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well a few GIA research papers have said the same thing. And I’ve found a few HPHT Diamonds with blue nuance in the cert.?

But is it 'undesirable'? ;-) :tongue:

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
But is it 'undesirable'? ;-) :tongue:

The average consumer wants a diamond. They want it to look like a diamond. A normal diamond. A diamond with a slight blue tint is not what most people are looking for. So they should be aware. My point was to illustrate that both CVD and HPHT have their „problems“.

AEM27

Rough_Rock
Interesting, do the sellers like AV vet for this since it's not on the grading report?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@muesli that stone is gorgeous and you have nothing to worry about. Its going to be amazing in person!

m1918

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

The thing is that I bought a AVR lab diamond (its getting set now, have not seen it irl) and it has some graininess in the video, not much, but its present.
I asked Jonathan about it and he told me that my diamond is fine. That feels good to hear, and the cut is stunning, but I can't seem to shake my "stria concerns" off....I'm just so scared that it will be anticlimactic when it gets here (I'm in Europe) and this is my engagement ring that I don't plan to upgrade, so I do feel a bit stressed to be honest (my fiance aswell, he just wants me to be happy).

Jonathan has been awesome, super friendly and approachable, and I went with him because of how many members here who were happy with his stones.

Maybe I'll just write him again, stating my concerns, but I don't really know what to do.

Thanks for reading.

It looks beautiful! Please update us when you receive it!

CBPearllover

Shiny_Rock
I'm so happy you created this thread, @m1918! I've been following August Vintage for a while (now Distinctive Gem?). My future sister-in-law is interested in MMD, and I know Jonathan's reputation in this industry is impeccable. BUT, I did notice the same hazy stria on videos lately. My SIL isn't an "upgrade" kind of girl, so I want to get this right the first try. Following these discussions closely ;)2

m1918

Shiny_Rock
I'm so happy you created this thread, @m1918! I've been following August Vintage for a while (now Distinctive Gem?). My future sister-in-law is interested in MMD, and I know Jonathan's reputation in this industry is impeccable. BUT, I did notice the same hazy stria on videos lately. My SIL isn't an "upgrade" kind of girl, so I want to get this right the first try. Following these discussions closely ;)2

I hope we can find out more and that more people will post their MMDs from him! I haven’t reached out to him yet but will update if/when I do.

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
High pressure sales... felt uncomfortable was able to find a better diamond at less cost with DNEA... our experience was just too ‘salesy’ made us uncomfortable and lost confidence in the diamond

. I bought the first Vintage Emerald Cut lab diamond that Jonathan offered. I returned it because it was just a bit smaller than I wanted and I knew the dreaded “ shrinkage syndrome” would happen sooner rather than later. The diamond was gorgeous, beautifully cut and I never noticed any graininess. There was absolutely no pressure from Jonathan to keep this diamond, nor even a hint of reluctance from either Jonathan or Vicki to accept it for a full refund. I would not hesitate to buy from August Vintage or to recommend them to anyone I know.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The average consumer wants a diamond. They want it to look like a diamond. A normal diamond. A diamond with a slight blue tint is not what most people are looking for. So they should be aware. My point was to illustrate that both CVD and HPHT have their „problems“.

Greetings Lessics,

Just posted a video yesterday that I think you would find beneficial showing two examples of different types of internal graining/stria and a worse case scenario (at least that I've found so far) of what we would see in the 2 most popular lighting environments where it would and wouldn't be seen and to what degree. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I'm popping this here :D , will update with more pictures in a while.
Hope you're all safe.

20200326_144213.jpg

Is that the lab diamond?
That diamond is a knockout!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks lovely! :))

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beauty! The cut is divine please take some videos of your beautiful ring.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Brightens my day to see it!

m1918

Shiny_Rock
Hope you're all safe.

20200326_144213.jpg

Stunning! And look at those itty bitty claws! *drool*

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! And look at those itty bitty claws! *drool*

Thank you! I've posted a thread about the ring too(more pics), if you're interested:).

DevonRex

Rough_Rock
Hope you're all safe.

20200326_144213.jpg

So Stunning !! He knows his diamonds and how to pick the perfect one!
I'm working with Jon (Rhino) right now, my Ering is an oval can't wait for end design .

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I'm working with Jon (Rhino) right now, my Ering is an oval can't wait for end design .

He sure does! The stone just continues to amaze me!
Soooooo excited for you! Please post pictures when it has arrived :).

m1918

Shiny_Rock

Nice! Lab or natural? Regardless please post pics when it’s done!

DevonRex

Rough_Rock
Hi, its a gorgeous lab diamond. Please check out his youtube channel ,the detail and beauty of his stones are are amazing. Will post hoping for no delays !:appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results