shape
carat
color
clarity

Question about 5 stone band 2.25ct to 2.50ct

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Will this be too wide for a size 5 1/2 finger? Anyone have a 5 stone or eternity with .45 to .50ct stones? Thanks....
I received 3 diamonds for my 50th birthday yesterday...now am contemplating adding two more to make a 5 stone ring instead of the original plan for a 3 stone. :wink2: :Up_to_something:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Try to find one in a jewelry store to try on. Five 0.5 ct stones might feel a bit uncomfortable on a 5 1/2 finger. The stones start to angle in to the other finders. This bothers some people, but not everyone. My fingers are bony and the five stone rings I've tried on my 5 3/4 finger were not comfortable at 2.5 ct.

It should end up being a beautiful ring!! Please show us when it's done.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BLING! :sun: :appl:

I tried on a 5stone w/ 50pointers at Tiffs and it looked delicious on my sz4 finger - but too much for regular wear, I'm afraid! The end-stones poked into the other fingers, that would get old fast. Definitely agree with swingirl re. trying some on - I imagine the setting makes a big difference in how it feels and looks too, something with the diamonds set closer together might work well whereas something with the diamonds spread further apart might not.. FancyDiamond talks about the differences between her trellis and Uprong 5stone styles in this thread [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-perfect-5-stone-trellis-design-from-whiteflash.154045/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-perfect-5-stone-trellis-design-from-whiteflash.154045/[/URL]

Butterfly's 35pointers on sz5.25 [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-bgd-five-stone-trellis-band-is-here.141870/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/brian-gavin-bgd-five-stone-trellis-band-is-here.141870/[/URL]
There are a bunch of 5stone threads if you do a google search - "pricescope" "5stone" should work. Might have to open a couple of tabs to find posters' finger sizes though!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a 2.00 carat Memoire band on a 5.5 finger - each stone .40. It fits well and is comfortable. I'm sure I could have squeezed in .45 stones but after that - depending on how the band is made - I think the stones would have started going in between my other fingers and that would have been uncomfortable.

Have you tried on bands in the size range you are thinking about? I would definitely suggest you do that before you order something custom.

Attachments

• five stone ring.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 430

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1309305979|2957435 said:
This is a 2.00 carat Memoire band on a 5.5 finger - each stone .40. It fits well and is comfortable. I'm sure I could have squeezed in .45 stones but after that - depending on how the band is made - I think the stones would have started going in between my other fingers and that would have been uncomfortable.

Have you tried on bands in the size range you are thinking about? I would definitely suggest you do that before you order something custom.
MissGotRocks...that is a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L ring...thanks for sharing and your suggestions. I actually was originally planning to do a 3 stone ring with the 3 1/2 carat stones....then I had the thought.... :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: to do a 5 stone instead. My fingers are pretty boney, so I may end up with the 3 stone, or perhaps do a 5 stone with the 3 1/2carat stones and add a smaller one on each end....
I was hoping for the 5 stone to represent my 50th birthday. my anniversary next month is 32 years. 3 + 2 = 5, and i have 3 kids so with myself, dh and 3 kids= 5.....so I guess I just have 5 on the brain!!! LOL

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a five stone band would be wonderful - I certainly have enjoyed mine. You just have to make sure you get the proportions right for your finger so that it is both beautiful and comfortable. I had tried on a 1.50 carat band before I bought the 1.50 band and then with some gentle persuasion from my husband and son, I decided to quickly upgrade to the 2.00 size. I was a bit concerned about the stones being too large for my finger but was pleasantly surprised to find that the five .40 stones were just perfect. The make of the ring is very low profile so I think that helps too in terms of comfort. We've seen some lovely trellis, u shaped, and higher mounting rings that are all very beautiful but I don't think they would have been as comfortable on my finger. Just some things to keep in mind when deciding on what type setting and how big you want the stones to be.

If you do a search for five stone rings, I'm sure you'll find lots of examples!

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks|1309307319|2957453 said:
I think a five stone band would be wonderful - I certainly have enjoyed mine. You just have to make sure you get the proportions right for your finger so that it is both beautiful and comfortable. I had tried on a 1.50 carat band before I bought the 1.50 band and then with some gentle persuasion from my husband and son, I decided to quickly upgrade to the 2.00 size. I was a bit concerned about the stones being too large for my finger but was pleasantly surprised to find that the five .40 stones were just perfect. The make of the ring is very low profile so I think that helps too in terms of comfort. We've seen some lovely trellis, u shaped, and higher mounting rings that are all very beautiful but I don't think they would have been as comfortable on my finger. Just some things to keep in mind when deciding on what type setting and how big you want the stones to be.

If you do a search for five stone rings, I'm sure you'll find lots of examples!

Do you happen to have a profile picture of your 5 stone? You are right, the five stone threads are BEAUTIES.....
:twirl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results