shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple Goodness: Setting Help

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Hello, All ~

I just received these from Gary today. They are nicely saturated but oh-so-lively as well: one of my favorite combos! I originally ordered these sapphires with the idea of setting them as earrings; however, my mom saw them, really likes them and made the comment (twice!) that with the "right yellow center stone, those would make a gorgeous three stone ring." I have two slots scheduled with JKT later this year, so this has me thinking....

A call of help to all brave PSers, who are more than adept at combining CS.., what, pray-tell, is "the right yellow center stone"? Or is yellow-purple just a horrendous idea? What combinations can you see working? Styles? Gold?

Thank you VERY MUCH, in advance! I am very open to suggestion, so please feel free to speak up.

~ faegrace

GB%20Ceylon%20Purple%20Sapphire%20Pair%202.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
yellow-purple screams LAKERS to me... and i'm an LA gal who hates them. So i vote no. I love how crisp purple looks with apple green.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yellow & purple does not turn me on either. Apple green's a good idea or pinkish-red.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
or even a saturated aqua or med blue sapphire~

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Kitty and JF ~

Thank you for your ideas. =) I am considering a peridot green or some sort of teal stone.... I love deep aqua/light teal and purple together. Zircon maybe?

I just noticed the Benjamin Moore paint fan deck on my desk (we're remodeling) and I think I may try colors against each other that way. Nuts? LOL (You guys should see our walls. Hey, it's the only way to tell in different lighting.)

Anyway, thank you again and if you have any alloy suggestions or setting ideas, please share those too.

~ faegrace

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color turquoise w/ purple. If you wanted to do a really bold and unusual ring, you could set those babies with a gorgeous Persian turquoise center stone (oval or round cab) in a bold, yellow gold 3 stone setting - very 1960's.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Sphenequeen ~

I just tried the purple (it flashes violet) next to a shade of turquoise. Gorgeous! Also adventurous next to my Fanta spess....

~ faegrace

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of a blue-green or orange center stone. I think purple and orange look great together. Pretty sapphires!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Burberrygirl! They are very lovely IRL. I may actually be developing some talent in choosing online. :appl:
I am always a little wary, mixed with the excitement, when a gem package arrives.

Any thoughts on gold?

~ faegrace

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
faegrace said:
Thank you, Burberrygirl! They are very lovely IRL. I may actually be developing some talent in choosing online. :appl:
I am always a little wary, mixed with the excitement, when a gem package arrives.

Any thoughts on gold?

It's always a fun day when I get gems in the mail! It makes me instantly happy. :))

JKT does some really beautiful two tone designs. I have a project with her at the end of the year and I think its going to be Argentium silver and yellow gold. Do you prefer white or yellow gold? A lot depends on the color of the center stone you pick. I think white gold with yellow or rose gold accents might be nice.

T

talamasca

Ooo they're very pretty and I'd probably go with a teal coloured stone set in white gold - not sure about design ideas though as I have very plain tastes.

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
BBGirl and Talamasca ~

Thank you for the suggestions. Now, I have to hunt for a teal gem. Barry had perfect candidates last night but there was just no way I could get to it fast enough.

If you see anything, please let me know. I may end up contacting Jeff.

I hope you're having a great day. :wavey:

~ faegrace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results