shape
carat
color
clarity

purple finewater sapphire and Stuller ring

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am taking them to the jeweller tonight. The sapphire is 1.71 ct, unheated, and shifts from purple with blue flashes to purple with pink flashes. I have waited a long time for them to go together and am excited!
I had a nailpolish accident! Please ignore that!

20150921_2.jpg

20150921_3.jpg

20150921_4.jpg

20150921_163135.jpg

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
It's really pretty. I love the setting too!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous! Love that stuller mount too-they are a great combo together and look wonderful on your hand. Congrats on a great new piece!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats! :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like those two together!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone (that colour is my soft spot) and wow, Stuller has really come a long way with their setting design and quality.

S

SparkliesLuver

What a wonderful pairing. :) Congrats!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
perfect match!
:love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color and what a beautiful setting. You have chosen a great match!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! A beautiful ring that is meant to be! :love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Charmedone, lovedogs, Rockinruby, Iknvr4, gloria27, Sparklies, and lovesvintage for the happy posts! I dropped it off today and am waiting.... Here are pics I snapped at the jewellers!

Chrono - Thanks! This colour is my soft spot too and I have been looking for it for a long time.

Acimom - Thanks for thr support! I was nervous about the match because it was my first time picking out a setting from a catalogue. I was unsure of my decision for a while. It looked like it was meant to be like Lovesvintage said, and we shall see!

20150922_141408.jpg

20150922_141424.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors of your spinel are beautiful and the setting is so pretty. :)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful color!!!! and I love how it looks in the setting-great job!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lisa and Pink! The sapphire is not actually in the setting yet - Friday!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful gem! :love:
I think that stone and setting go beautifully together. Quite the stunning ring!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1443013243|3930810 said:
Thanks Lisa and Pink! The sapphire is not actually in the setting yet - Friday!!!

Looking forward to seeing more pics on Friday! Also- apologies for calling your sapphire a spinel- my error.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
So funny, I have a sapphire that looks SO similar in cut, size, color - but yours is unheated (nice bonus!!). I really love it, it's beautiful, looks so lovely on your hand. I'm also looking forward to seeing more pics! The setting is so pretty and I also love that you went with E/W style for it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and setting, can't wait for more hand shots!!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous sapphire and ring! I can't wait to see pictures after the sapphire is set. It's funny, I'm not a purple lover but every once in a while I see a gemstone that makes me change my mind, and yours makes me swoon :love: .

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Katharath, TL, Elle and Poodles!
The ring is here and I need help from you all. The prongs look too prominent to me. It was a recommended small jewelry store and was my first time going there. I paid under $20. I think I will take it to my usual place. Do you think they will have to retip the prongs? I am looking for a barely there look but not flat as if the metal was just folded over the stone. I told this to the jeweler's wife and she said they could not change the prongs because they were alreasy preshaped by Stuller. I will be letting her know that I was expecting something a bit different! I still adore the ring and stone and know this will be fixed.

20150924_181849.jpg

20150924_181217.jpg

20150924_181334.jpg

20150924_181430.jpg

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Your sapphire is such a gorgeous color! I really like your setting as well. I can see what you're talking about with the prongs. I think it looks nice, but I personally would prefer more delicate prongs. I think if you're not 100% on them, you should wear it for a week or so and see how you feel. You should love everything about your brand new ring.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Picante, I am definitely taking this to a jeweler tomorrow to fix.There is no way I could look at those prongs for a week! The question is whether retipping will be necessary or not.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1443140125|3931479 said:
Yes Picante, I am definitely taking this to a jeweler tomorrow to fix.There is no way I could look at those prongs for a week! The question is whether retipping will be necessary or not.

First I LOVE how the stone looks mounted! amazing! But I do agree that the prongs should be more delicate. Not sure about the re-tipping, but just wanted to chime in and say congrats on an amazing piece, but I see why you'd want them to be less prominent. And I agree you should love everything about your piece by the end, because it's amazing! :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also agree about the prongs and hope you can get them just right. I really love your ring. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a look inside their showroom and observe all the prong work that their bench has done. Is it delicate? Is it pointy? Is it stubby? Is it flat? Not every bench is good at making the prong type that we like on PS and I would not push the issue if the bench isn't comfortable doing it. I'd rather have big prongs than a chipped CS.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are going to rebuild the prongs. I talked to the metalsmith himself who is actually a metalurgist who loves gemstones. I made a mistake in not waiting for my usual jeweler who was going on vacation. I hope it will be ok and the metalurgist/jeweller knows I am very concerned and assured me it would be done right. I called my regular jeweler and he actually yelled at me and told me not to bring in other people's messes to fix. He is right but the way it was delivered was not nice and was hurtful. :blackeye: Of course he prefaced it by saying I was a very nice person but...!

picante27

Shiny_Rock
It is good to hear you are getting the prongs that you really want! I am sorry that your jeweler was rude to you, that was not necessary! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics with the new prongs? What kind did you decide on?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1443196963|3931717 said:
They are going to rebuild the prongs. I talked to the metalsmith himself who is actually a metalurgist who loves gemstones. I made a mistake in not waiting for my usual jeweler who was going on vacation. I hope it will be ok and the metalurgist/jeweller knows I am very concerned and assured me it would be done right. I called my regular jeweler and he actually yelled at me and told me not to bring in other people's messes to fix. He is right but the way it was delivered was not nice and was hurtful. :blackeye: Of course he prefaced it by saying I was a very nice person but...!

aww, it doesn't matter if he was right, the fact that he was hurtful and mean about it is always wrong! I'm angry for you :angry fire:

Although I understand that he probably wished you waited for him, it doesn't mean he can be mean about it. I hope it gets done right and looks perfect to you after this next round!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just adore the color of your sapphire! :love: I know you will get the prongs redone on the ring, but it still is a very pretty ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results