shape
carat
color
clarity

Purchases Slowing Down??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, stonelover!
love.gif

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
lovely rings. I want them all!!!!!!! Great pics.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I was never a fan of vatche settings with 3 stones, but as a solitaire - I LOVE IT! Very classy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet we will see more posts and nervous males floating in as we near the holiday season. Read something somewhere that noted that Xmas and V-Day are the two most common proposal times....get more imaginative men!
2.gif
How about the longest day of summer or something REALLY cool!
9.gif

BBQ_Clams

Rough_Rock
Sorry to cause so much trouble with my name. It is a long story but I did grow fond of BBQ Oysters in Australia and they do serve them here in the bay area.

I am going to attempt to post my pics from GOG.

I still don't have a date yet but perhaps some of you can help. Those of you in the bay area, i was think of asking her on treasure island. It is not the most romantic place, but there is a vista point that on a clear night (not that common in SF) you can see the entire cityscape of SF. Not many people go out there except tourist but which would be nice. I just don't have an excuse or legit reaosn to stop by there witour seeming obvious. any advise would be appreciated!

thanks

BBQ

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring BBQ.

I'm in the Bay though I don't know much about Treasure Island..we pass it all the time on the Bay Bridge!
1.gif
What about doing something on one of those boat cruise things with Hornblower? It floats around the Bay and also goes near TI I think...anyway its alot of fun, we have done it before.

What is on Treasure Island? You could say you heard that 'X' (fill in the blank) is really cool and you'd like to check it out..and grab dinner beforehand or something. It depends on how often you guys do things like that. My fiance loves to drive around and see 'sights' and things like that...so he is always dragging me to someplace new around the BayArea...I don't think anything of it...but if you don't really do things like that very often...she may be suspicious. What about Alcatraz? Now that would be kind of fun and definitely different.

Also Sausalito is very cute...we often drive there and have dinner and then walk along the water..the views are very good from that vantage point and there are often not that many people walking around...there are some places that are kind of secluded..there is also this really cute inn right on the water..I don't recall the name but Sausalito is not that big so you could probably find info on the inn online. You could stay overnight after the proposal and surprise her with the stayover or something. Do the rosepetals on the bed thing.

My ideas!
1.gif
Good luck!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/26/2003 1:43:52 PM Mara wrote:

----------------

Am I the only one who thinks this rose petal on the bed thing is just GOOFY? I'm not being old here - always thought it dopey. Plus, I'm a bit alergic to flowers
9.gif
Not picking on you Mara - seems many think this is a nice touch. I'll shut up if I am in the minority.

That off my chest. What's that tower (lighthouse?) w/ all the WPA paintings? It's pretty cool there.

Does you to be share your love of BBQ oysters? There's a place as you drive along the Pacific Coast Highway from San Fran - will have to recall the name - a shack from the outside - but great BBQ oysters. Then drive to The Chapel at Sea Ranch. That tiny chapel (non denominational - almost secular)is a masterpiece. Granted strange looking - but beautiful craftsmanship. Hummingbirds are always flying about and very quiet.

bling

Shiny_Rock
Although its not SF, there are some other coastal spots that can be nice...there is Monterey and Carmel..thats a little south of SF...you can take the "17 Mile" drive..on a nice day, that can be very romantic...or you can go the other direction of SF, north and head to Napa..
all can be nice!
love.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 8/26/2003 3:39:57 PM fire&ice wrote:

Do the rosepetals on the bed thing.

Am I the only one who thinks this rose petal on the bed thing is just GOOFY? I'm not being old here - always thought it dopey. Plus, I'm a bit alergic to flowers
------------------

Of course it's dopey...it's a proposal! Though I am not super romantic..I always thought that something very simple like the rose petals on the bed convey alot, esp after a proposal. I'm not talking streamers or anything...just a nice inn room with some rose petals strewn on the bed. Kind of conjures up those soap operas where they then fall on the bed and . . .

2.gif

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------

9.gif
Not picking on you Mara - seems many think this is a nice touch. I'll shut up if I am in the minority.

----------------

I used it once (not for a proposal, just a romantic gesture). It worked.

9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/26/2003 6
6.gif
3:57 PM LawGem wrote:

----------------

9.gif"

----------------

I used it once (not for a proposal, just a romantic gesture). It worked.
9.gif

----------------

Ha! Ha! Mara. Perhaps I've watched All My Children for too many Erica romances!

Lawgem, I rest my case. TOOOOOO obvious.

But then, I am a complicated women. Hubby grabbed my digtal camera. ???????? That night, he said "I picked you something". He photographed a Ladies Slipper (endangered wild flower) w/ his hand pretending to pick it & "handed it" to me. I'm really into wild flowers.

Melt my heart! It was quite a night. Be creative!!! & personal!

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/26/2003 6:45
6.gif
4 PM fire&ice wrote:
Lawgem, I rest my case. TOOOOOO obvious.

Be creative!!! & personal!
----------------

Oh, but I was. It wasn't just rose petals--it was a trail of rose petals and Reese's peanut-butter cups (her absolute favorite) leading from the door to the master bathtub.

9.gif

nbrock

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 8/26/2003 12:59:36 PM Mara wrote:

I bet we will see more posts and nervous males floating in as we near the holiday season. Read something somewhere that noted that Xmas and V-Day are the two most common proposal times....get more imaginative men!
2.gif
How about the longest day of summer or something REALLY cool!
9.gif

----------------

or the closest approach to mars in 60,000 years ... ?

how about a holiday like hallowe'en. someone suggested that i should dress up in a giant diamond costume and propose that way!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 8/26/2003 6:55:30 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:
I like the old cramming the rose petals down the bra thing.

Conan----------------
Drag them around by their hair too?
2.gif

----------------

LawGem wrote:

It worked.

----------------

I don't even want to know.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 8/26/2003 6:58:50 PM Mara wrote:
LawGem wrote:

It worked.

----------------

I don't even want to know.

----------------

Hey--I meant it worked in being a touching and appreciated gesture. What did you think I meant?

2.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
----------------
it was a trail of rose petals and Reese's peanut-butter cups
----------------
Is she by any chance a fan of E.T.?
2.gif
Though I guess those were Reese's Pieces...

LOL @ Richard

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results