shape
carat
color
clarity

Pulled the trigger... now I’m holding my breath!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
So I did a thing... I ordered this from Vrai. I got it loose. It’s a 1.68 I Ideal VS1. The video looks great to me. The angles work out in the cut estimator for being GIA EX and AGS. I had run out of free HCA scores, but the proportions look right. Vrai /Diamond Foundry states that they use solar or hydro power to generate energy for making their stones, which is important to me. They’re also US based. Plus, the price point was right; the best I could find for these specs.

There is a 30 day return policy, so if it’s awful, back it goes. I realize that the in house cert raises a flag, but it’s guaranteed grade these specs or better with no time limit. I’ll come back with pictures once I get the stone. If it’s a good one, this will replace the center stone in my ering.

Attachments

• 9CDE8097-63D1-4F42-98BC-E6E5EF37D298.jpeg
    9CDE8097-63D1-4F42-98BC-E6E5EF37D298.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 43
  • E16E760B-CF4E-4BDC-AE19-5D5B36E6A065.jpeg
    E16E760B-CF4E-4BDC-AE19-5D5B36E6A065.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 20

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks good! Angles should work just fine in HCA, as you say :)

Will be interested to hear your feedback - check for stria issue and any weirdness and let us know if you like it! :)

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be watching for when you get it to hear what you think.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
Vrai /Diamond Foundry states that they use solar or hydro power to generate energy for making their stones, which is important to me. They’re also US based.

Just filing this away for the next time someone comes along to argue that lab diamonds are not more environmentally friendly or ethical than mined.

I absolutely love my diamond foundry stone and I’m hoping you do too! I made sure to look at mine in every conceivable light because I wanted to make sure there was no brown or blueish tint.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
My emerald cut stone is from Vrai, and I love it to bits. They've been great customer service wise as well.

It does have their signature pink-brown tint, but I prefer warm stones and it's set in yellow gold :razz:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Angles look great! Can’t wait to see pics when you get it!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all...it’s due to arrive tomorrow. Pictures to follow!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Here it is! My pictures aren’t fabulous, so take them with a grain of salt. It looks smashing to my eyes! It arrived with the IGI report that confirmed specifications. I’m taking it to the jeweler for an expert opinion. Here are pictures next to my Lightbox stone, and my C&C F1 GHI moissy for comparison.

FD8F2765-A4F1-4250-9CC0-F997BEAD6B30.jpeg 95F9DD3C-9B96-4E02-B86B-D3FBAC13FC16.jpeg 090BA931-F8C3-4A54-8C36-26E078D01E1C.jpeg A26A1F0F-097E-4DE2-B8FD-C93636BECC03.jpeg 668EBBBE-85B9-46BA-9940-A4F8CA312BD1.jpeg CBEB73B7-F101-4D79-A8FE-D8D2246EC21D.jpeg 5168B0E4-ADF7-496D-9B0A-FF95C84674CC.jpeg 3FE70BA6-49CA-4FAB-90D6-3EB7EE8AAE3C.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
@mrsthirdcharms Do you find it has any tint? I received my round 2.38 ideal H diamond in their knife edge setting and in some lightings the tint is almost ‘champagne’ which I’m not a fan of.. i have them keeping an eye out for one without a tint so I can return mine and order new. But I’m very skeptical that they’ll be able to find one. Have you looked at yours in every light? Do you notice anything like a tint?

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
@mrsthirdcharms Do you find it has any tint? I received my round 2.38 ideal H diamond in their knife edge setting and in some lightings the tint is almost ‘champagne’ which I’m not a fan of.. i have them keeping an eye out for one without a tint so I can return mine and order new. But I’m very skeptical that they’ll be able to find one. Have you looked at yours in every light? Do you notice anything like a tint?

No, though I haven’t taken it outside or into florescent light. It faces up very white.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
No, though I haven’t taken it outside or into florescent light. It faces up very white.

Mine does too- faces up to white in certain lighting. When I’m in my kitchen and in moderate lighting outside is when it looks most brown.. here’s a million lighting situations.. the last one being the most brown I’ve seen it.. I’m curious if yours has one because maybe I need stop paying so much attention to the color grade for a lab diamond and start just asking if there’s a noticeable tint. I do love the stone in half the lighting scenarios as it does face up nice and white in some lighting conditions.. DABD62DB-27D3-42BD-919C-7FB32C95F669.jpeg 943F0168-EAF5-4C2E-A42E-8A482F0F8514.jpeg 638E206B-657C-43AD-9C8B-5C89427B11BB.jpeg 359E5CD4-3304-414D-A4AD-86585B116A8B.jpeg 60ACD4D8-7679-411D-A560-16A1F836FE8A.jpeg 190A6AE3-10AD-40DD-951E-E0D9DD954E1F.jpeg 92C26812-7056-4D0F-8E5F-FB0E3F34E5BD.jpeg

FB0C06F2-2F27-490B-BA0B-01045398C7C2.jpeg 23CD405D-99EA-4D93-8312-434A0EC06596.jpeg

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I sort of see what you’re saying... your stone doesn’t look that bad to me, honestly. But I prefer some warmth. I had a DEF moissanite that was so icy white, it was almost blue. It drove me crazy, I didn’t like it. When I switched to the near colorless, I liked it a lot better, and thought it was so much more realistic.

I will continue to assess the stone in different light. I have 14 days to decide.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I sort of see what you’re saying... your stone doesn’t look that bad to me, honestly. But I prefer some warmth. I had a DEF moissanite that was so icy white, it was almost blue. It drove me crazy, I didn’t like it. When I switched to the near colorless, I liked it a lot better, and thought it was so much more realistic.

I will continue to assess the stone in different light. I have 14 days to decide.

I had a moissanite At one point too and felt the same way! I love your stone.. to me it looks whiter then mine.. I do love my ring.. The warmth is nice in certain lighting it’s just the times it looks brown. I love their settings too! I can’t wait to see yours set!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond looks great! It looks like it has some wonderful visual depth; I agree it’s not icy white, but it looks like it faces up pleasantly white, and the icy white look isn’t for everyone.
Congrats! I was questioning the I color when you initially posted, however your pictures show you got a truly beautiful diamond.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I had a moissanite At one point too and felt the same way! I love your stone.. to me it looks whiter then mine.. I do love my ring.. The warmth is nice in certain lighting it’s just the times it looks brown. I love their settings too! I can’t wait to see yours set!

Thanks! I took it to the jeweler yesterday. I’m attached to my ER setting, so I’m having it modified with a new head for the diamond, and will have the old stone set into a bezel pendant slider.

Your ring looks beautiful to me. I see the warmth in some pictures, but sometimes they can pick up reflections from the environment too. I think it’s beautiful.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Your diamond looks great! It looks like it has some wonderful visual depth; I agree it’s not icy white, but it looks like it faces up pleasantly white, and the icy white look isn’t for everyone.
Congrats! I was questioning the I color when you initially posted, however your pictures show you got a truly beautiful diamond.

Thanks! Here’s a few more shots in outside lighting. Ignore my gross dry hands- sanitizer is murder on skin. I’m getting it set. I think it’s a keeper.

97A8323B-4D13-41AB-8197-8FB8FCB1B3A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 40277B98-85F8-480D-9F4A-9D32D91A09FC.jpeg
    40277B98-85F8-480D-9F4A-9D32D91A09FC.jpeg
    177 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Here’s a few more shots in outside lighting. Ignore my gross dry hands- sanitizer is modern on skin. I’m getting it set. I think it’s a keeper.

97A8323B-4D13-41AB-8197-8FB8FCB1B3A5.jpeg

Very pretty! I see a little more warm outside but I don’t think it’s any less beautiful for it ❤️

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, it looks nice! :))

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent! :))

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments and kind words! I’m beyond happy with my choice. This is my primary set, but I do have other smaller, lower key rings that I swap out and wear when the mood strikes. Having a substantially sized, well-cut round diamond has been a dream of mine fo years, and this technology has made it affordable and beautiful. Lab diamond and other created gems like moissanite make my jewelry wardrobe possible.

For those who are curious- I mentioned this in another thread, but thought it’s important for those considering Vrai/Diamond Foundry- they post their in-house grading reports online. My diamond and other Round Brilliants I searched also had IGI reports linked. My stone shipped with the hard copy IGI certificate. They’ve got a return policy for 15 days on loose diamonds, and a lifetime buyback program for trade-ins. All of this, combined with their sourcing energy from renewable sources (solar & hydro power) to generate the diamond rough, made me comfortable with the purchase.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for your comments and kind words! I’m beyond happy with my choice. This is my primary set, but I do have other smaller, lower key rings that I swap out and wear when the mood strikes. Having a substantially sized, well-cut round diamond has been a dream of mine fo years, and this technology has made it affordable and beautiful. Lab diamond and other created gems like moissanite make my jewelry wardrobe possible.

For those who are curious- I mentioned this in another thread, but thought it’s important for those considering Vrai/Diamond Foundry- they post their in-house grading reports online. My diamond and other Round Brilliants I searched also had IGI reports linked. My stone shipped with the hard copy IGI certificate. They’ve got a return policy for 15 days on loose diamonds, and a lifetime buyback program for trade-ins. All of this, combined with their sourcing energy from renewable sources (solar & hydro power) to generate the diamond rough, made me comfortable with the purchase.

Many thanks for the pictures and the info on Vrai - it is useful to have some buyer feedback! :))

fdc89

Rough_Rock

Wow thanks to you I've learned about a new MMD vendor, I always care about carbon footprint and I'm so glad that I found Vrai thanks to Pricescope and its wonderful members like you!
Congratulations, your set is stunning, the diamond looks warm but white to me!
Do you see any inclusions in your stone? I had a quick look in some of their VS1 round diamonds but the inclusions are very visible, of course, it's on the magnified scale but I'm wondering how they perform IRL. I live in Europe, shipping and tax are already expensive so I would like to avoid returning which would be too complicated.
Wish they had round diamonds in G-VVS range!!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Wow thanks to you I've learned about a new MMD vendor, I always care about carbon footprint and I'm so glad that I found Vrai thanks to Pricescope and its wonderful members like you!
Congratulations, your set is stunning, the diamond looks warm but white to me!
Do you see any inclusions in your stone? I had a quick look in some of their VS1 round diamonds but the inclusions are very visible, of course, it's on the magnified scale but I'm wondering how they perform IRL. I live in Europe, shipping and tax are already expensive so I would like to avoid returning which would be too complicated.
Wish they had round diamonds in G-VVS range!!

Hi there, thanks for looking! Glad that this is helpful.

Re: inclusions- I don’t see any at all. Not with my eyes, or with my 30x loupe. Of course, I’m not an expert. It took me a while to find the laser hallmark in my Lightbox stone with the loupe. The Vrai stone is very clean.

I haven’t taken video yet. When I went into the store with fluorescent lights, my ring was so sparkly it nearly blinded me. Lots of rainbow and white sparkles. Many of the still pictures are taken in my car during overcast, rainy weather. I can see my blue shirt reflecting in it.

Folks on here get beautiful SI1 diamonds. Mine is a VS1. You have to remember those videos are very magnified. Just avoid obvious inclusions on the table. Take a look at Rare Carat, but also search individual vendor sites themselves. Good luck to you!

6CB63136-4889-43C1-B69C-23E3FC25BA82.jpeg C62B0BE2-53E6-4AE4-AF03-54624C802FA6.jpeg

Last edited:

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I did a thing... I ordered this from Vrai. I got it loose. It’s a 1.68 I Ideal VS1. The video looks great to me. The angles work out in the cut estimator for being GIA EX and AGS. I had run out of free HCA scores, but the proportions look right. Vrai /Diamond Foundry states that they use solar or hydro power to generate energy for making their stones, which is important to me. They’re also US based. Plus, the price point was right; the best I could find for these specs.

There is a 30 day return policy, so if it’s awful, back it goes. I realize that the in house cert raises a flag, but it’s guaranteed grade these specs or better with no time limit. I’ll come back with pictures once I get the stone. If it’s a good one, this will replace the center stone in my ering.

It's gorgeous and that's a screaming deal!! Very nice.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous and that's a screaming deal!! Very nice.

I forgot to mention, I had my jeweler reset the previous stone from my ring into a bezel slider pendant, which is also lovely! I’ve always wanted one.

0BD17CFA-80E6-4052-A8AD-16E2E0DDEBEC.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results