shape
carat
color
clarity

PS''ers with big diamonds... DSS?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have a diamond over 2cts do you still get DSS? It seems that a diamond that size would be huge but I am now worried that it will hit me.. if I ever get a huge diamond of course.
31.gif
Where does it end?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My stone is 2.36, and have never gotten DSS. It still looks big to me.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
now that I have over 2 carats, I can say that I am satisfied and very happy with the stone and don''t want to change it. I can''t imagine having another stone and would be heartbroken if I lost or damaged it and and had to find another one just like it as it was kind of hard to find it to begin with.

There are not that many stones with ideal cut proportions and finding this particular stone was like a needle in a haystack as it had all my requirements and didn''t cost me a fortune to upgrade and I could get it through WF to begin with.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does my 2.01 ct cushion count as over 2cts?

If so, yes, I have some DSS. When DH said he wanted to purchase a 2 ct diamond for my ering I thought it was enormous. I still adore it, love it, can''t get enough of it, but it definitely doesn''t look enormous to me anymore!

Not sure I''ll ever upgrade, but I find myself feeling surprised when people comment on the size of my ring because it just doesn''t look that big to me.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 7:46:07 PM
Author:Maisie
If you have a diamond over 2cts do you still get DSS? It seems that a diamond that size would be huge but I am now worried that it will hit me.. if I ever get a huge diamond of course.
31.gif
Where does it end?

I have not yet found where it ends so I am not sure that it does! My stones look small to average to me [6.39 and 6.89 carats!] when I wear them. They look big but not huge to me when others try them on. Go figure!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
Where does it end?
It stopped with me. Not sure if I ever had it though
1.gif
But I also like simple and nothing so out there that it''s going to constantly draw attention. Above 3ct isn''t realistic for my lifestyle and would make me very self conscious.

I''m working on rather large eternity band project right now that''s going to satisfy any DSS I may ever get. After that, I''m done.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
31.gif
Where does it end?
when the husband files for divorce.that''s when the woman knows she had gone pass the size limit.
2.gif

Reactions: 2B2

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I have an over 2 carat stone...and when I first got it, it was huge...but over time my shock and awe has adjusted to contentment with the stone. Is it still huge to me? No. And sometimes I get the desire for a new one...and my DH has been nothing but supportive...but when I get ready to pull the trigger, I get nostaglic and that holds me back.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 2.2 G VS2 ACA and I love it! I sometimes worry that it is too big, but that thought quickly leaves my mind
1.gif
I am the sentimental type and will never upgrade the diamond... My band is being made and it will be a special order Jeff Cooper 2.4ctw eternity and I can't wait!! I just wish that the insurance was not so much
23.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My center stone is 2.52 cts. It was huge to me when I first got it. Now it''s large but not overwhelming. I wouldn''t want anything larger though.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.12 ct, and while it is gorgeous and a great size, I think DSS has definitely set in. It doesn''t look "huge" to me at all anymore.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3.22 pear, 2.48 RB and 2.2 radiant - with the pear, I don't feel any DSS but with the RB and radiant, YES - I can go bigger.

Now, the babies that I tried on at MS Rau - I don't think I'll be experiencing any DSS with them!

See the thread below for perspective. My ring finger is 5.5 so I'm guessing my centre finger is a size 6-ish.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-fun-at-ms-rau.111164/

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:47:55 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

31.gif
Where does it end?
when the husband files for divorce.that''s when the woman knows she had gone pass the size limit.
2.gif
very funny!...and true.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welllllllll I have a 1.96 so it's not over 2ct, AND it's an asscher so it faces up smaller than an RB (or most cuts, really), and I've never ever had DSS (unless I'm reading a thread like this, and then I second-guess my satisfaction). Quite the opposite actually, the only size-related thought that pops into my head is to wonder if it's too big for me... even living in west LA where the rocks get pretty darn gigantic.

Though I've only been wearing it for 2 years, so I suppose I should check back in after 10 or so when I'm feeling more 'grown up' than I currently do, and have been looking at it for awhile
3.gif

For whatever that's worth
28.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:20:18 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

31.gif
Where does it end?

I have not yet found where it ends so I am not sure that it does! My stones look small to average to me [6.39 and 6.89 carats!] when I wear them. They look big but not huge to me when others try them on. Go figure!
I agree....my 2.54 round brilliant looks smaller then it used to....but when i see it on another hand it looks bigger then on me...i would like a 4 carat round brilliant some day.Ive had the oppertunity to trade up in the past,but have passed because of price.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is 2.35 and I don''t think it looks too small or too big, it is just right. The only time I think I feel a little DSS is when I find out someone else I know is engaged. I will admit this is probably based on my age and immaturity- but I am always quickly thinking and hoping that mine is bigger than theirs. To be totally honest, this is usually just with girls I don''t like and recently a bunch have gotten engaged. Again, being a brat, I then don''t feel DSS since mine so far has been bigger
9.gif
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No Bruddah.
9.gif
Mine has not shrunk.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 9:20:18 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

31.gif
Where does it end?

TRUST me, they''re huge.
3.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Mine is over 2 carats now that it's set in a halo!
28.gif

I wouldn't go any larger..it takes up alot of my finger and appears much larger than it did when it was set as a soliaire.
31.gif
(Obviously a halo will do that)
No DSS here!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif
Where does it end?
Are you saying you already have it with this new one?

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My largest pear is 3.54, give or take a couple of points. DSS comes and goes - some days the stone looks quite healthy, sometimes it looks like a pipsqueak.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 8:05:08 AM
Author: Ellen

31.gif
Where does it end?
Are you saying you already have it with this new one?
I don''t have dss as such but from when I first received this diamond to now it doesn''t look as huge as it first did. I will probably upgrade again but not yet.

I enjoy upgrading. I like the process of searching for a stone then saving up for it.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 9:16:34 AM
Author: Maisie

I don''t have dss as such but from when I first received this diamond to now it doesn''t look as huge as it first did. I will probably upgrade again but not yet.

I enjoy upgrading. I like the process of searching for a stone then saving up for it.
1.gif
I see. Well, it sure is loverly. Enjoy for now!
bat%20eyes3.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In short, no. In fact, I would downsize.

cheers--Sharon

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My stone is a 2.01 ct RB, and I still think that it''s a big stone, and I''ve had it for a year and a half. Maybe in 20 years or something I would think about upgrading to a 3 ct, but honestly, I''m not even sure that I would want to then, because I think that the 2 ct is a perfect size for my size 5 finger. I was less happy with my 2.25 ct asscher, because it only sized up like a 1.3 ct RB, so I was always thinking that it should look bigger. Now that I have an RB though, I think that it looks very sparkly and large.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2009 9:40:40 PM
Author: elle_chris

31.gif
Where does it end?
It stopped with me. Not sure if I ever had it though
1.gif
But I also like simple and nothing so out there that it''s going to constantly draw attention. Above 3ct isn''t realistic for my lifestyle and would make me very self conscious.

I''m working on rather large eternity band project right now that''s going to satisfy any DSS I may ever get. After that, I''m done.
Uhhhh, what eternity band project may i ask?????? I want to see!!!!!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Hey Violet
35.gif

I''m turning my 5 stone into one. Slowly accumulating the stones. It''s going to take a bit of time but it''s a fun project
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 4:52:26 PM
Hey Violet
35.gif

I''m turning my 5 stone into one. Slowly accumulating the stones. It''s going to take a bit of time but it''s a fun project
1.gif

OMG that''s going to be a KILLER eternity
23.gif

Unfortunately I can''t chime in since I don''t have anything close to a 2ct stone, but I''d love to some day. However, I think DSS won''t be a huge problem for me - I have very small hands overall, and so anything bigger than about 2.5 cts or so looks odd on them, like a child playing dress up
3.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
We were in our mid-late twenties when I got my 2.73 RB and I wasn't into diamonds yet! I thought it was big and sparkly but then I got the dream setting itch. I think I felt a little DSS for a while and DH said I could upgrade in a few years if I wanted to... until I got my reset and that changed my mind entirely. It turns out all I wanted was a blingier setting.
18.gif

If I were to ever get a bigger stone, I'd use it as a RHR. For now, with the halo and eternity band, I couldn't be happier or more content with it. I don't think I'll ever upgrade my ER or trade it in anymore. It's US! More diamonds, now that's a different question! I'm always going to buy more diamonds!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 5:52:49 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 4/11/2009 4:52:26 PM
Hey Violet
35.gif

1.gif

OMG that''s going to be a KILLER eternity
23.gif

Unfortunately I can''t chime in since I don''t have anything close to a 2ct stone, but I''d love to some day. However, I think DSS won''t be a huge problem for me - I have very small hands overall, and so anything bigger than about 2.5 cts or so looks odd on them, like a child playing dress up
3.gif
If it ever gets done!
1.gif

umm, there''s a 5 stone thread going on in SMTR. Post yours woman! (hijacking over.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results