shape
carat
color
clarity

PS'ers help an out an ole pal in finding blue

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys..long time no see. I apologize for not being around to participate in all the fun discussions(paraiba..cha..cha..cha :nono: ), the great purchases I have missed(did I see someone with a cuprian and hauyne accent stones...say what!!!!),
and to stack crap on that "m76Steve" guy who kept getting those appraisals and thought his ebay stone buys were worth 5000%..LOL
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/alexandrites-in-nyc.150913/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/alexandrites-in-nyc.150913/[/URL]

Hope all is well with everyone and merry x-mas/happy holidays. :angel:

I need to be steered in the general direction of a PS'er approved seller. :read: :clap:
I am needing an easy request...under or around a $100 or so.....blue stone(s).....either earrings or necklace.
I realize this most likely means blue topaz or small off color tanzy's but any blue stone would do, I guess.

If you have a recommendation or can point me in the general direction I would be much obliged. As some of you know, I don't ever really mess with finished pieces of jewelry, just spec., rough, and loose.
Please help an ole PS CS'er out!

Jason(amguy)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
in the meantime, while I wait for someone to help me out :ugeek:
I will show a couple things I have been up to since I last saw my PS friends...
got my hands on some of that cobalt spinel from Luc yen that we all love on here.... :))

a524_-_20160325_0.jpg

_38720.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
also a couple of my Paraiba tourmalines you may or may not have seen before

pink_core_blue_rind_paraiba.jpg

paraiba_tourmaline_brazil.png

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
a couple more to fill out my first thread in quite a while..LOL
Small one on matrix, but still good color nonetheless..

_38721.jpg

_38722.jpg

_38723.jpg

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! Thanks HG. I will go check it out now. :))

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Wow Barrett! I love your collection and especially those cobalt spinels!! That color is amazing. So i take it you collect mostly specimens? Do you have pictures of your whole collection anywhere? It's unusual to see specimens on PS so its pretty interesting when they come about :)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey Austin...if you knew me like other old school PSer's do, then you would see a few specimens, but most often cutting rough from me, on a regular basis. When the stones become rare and pricey then you will see me with less cutting rough and more specimens..LOL!
I can't imagine what a 4ct cuttable Luc yen spinel would cost. I bet Palagems knows... :errrr:
The paraibas were most often specimens and non cuttable material....as you already know I am sure, anything cuttable, that is from Batalha Mine, Brazil, and worthy of the name "paraiba" with strong a blue sat. gets snapped up by the Japanese and foreign buyers as soon as it comes out the ground. I tried often to buy facet rough... 6-8 years ago...but even back then the cutters were few and far between. The specimens and crystals were still nice and gemmy/glassy and were good cab grade but that was it.
I used to mess with the gemstones more...especially back when I faceted myself, but I took a long hiatus from the trade/hobby.
I love CS on PS!
I learned the nuts and bolts, raw data, and facts on another forum, but on PS here....I learned the artistic aspects of gems...the connoisseurship that gems invoke with people....I learned that their is more meaning in gems and the passion of the stone!(Hey, great movie title right there!!) The stones have moods, ya know, and get finicky in different situations.
At the office under those horrible cool fluorescent lights they get moody and dull.... or in the den, next to the desk lamp, the rubellite from Nigeria, seems to take on a muddy brown that looks sad.

Boy, I miss coming here every day and talking stones. I first came here when the moderator and owners were different. I was a jackass with headstrong opinions and matter-of-fact attitude...LOL....these dang women on here shut me down fast!!! I had to mind my tongue and manners for a change. The Moderator(Ali??), and the website in general, was horrible with it's rules and strict policies! It was like the Gestapo crossed with a Soviet Gulag ....jeez....the rules were so crazy and extremely strict and enforced.
I kept getting booted off for one thing or another.....
I had no idea you couldn't link this specific site, or mention that particular one, or that you had to register as a tradesperson, even though you sold one thing, the first thing you ever sold, to some family friend, and you happened to mention it offhand in a post.....BAM...shutdown. That old moderator, Ali, was the Goebbels or Himmler of online forums...sheesh!
I like Ella much better. Is she still around? We always had a good understanding and she was very easy going and understanding if an issue ever arose. ;-)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy...thanks for the link. I will check it out now

I trust my PS/CS ladies to get me to a good place with gemstones on the retail side of things. This is why I asked. thanks everyone for you help

I talked to the etsy lady, Angie, who the first posted linked me to, and she has two items that I am slightly interested in but I will wait to see if anyone else has any advice

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results