shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: PLEASE post your ring size!!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
1,723
I know a lot of people come to this forum to get a sense of how different diamond sizes/shank widths would look nice on them. It would be very helpful if people would include their ring size more consistently! The millimeter dimensions of your diamonds, especially for non-RBs like emeralds, cushions and pears, would also be very helpful!
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
27,338
Definitly agree that finger size would be a big help.
 

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
2,216
This would be tremendously helpful for people looking at coverage!
 

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
6,873
I couldn't agree more! I'd also ask that people include the mm width of their bands along with their finger size. Sometimes it's hard to picture the difference between a 2mm and 2.5 mm band....
 

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
1,723
It seems like we could probably put together a database of ring sizes and mm diamond dimensions if we wanted to. We have a lot of data points floating around here!
 
Joined
Mar 23, 2008
Messages
5,384
In addition to ring size... it really depends on how high the stone is set. If you take a picture straight on, and the diamond is higher, it's going to appear bigger than normal.
 

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
1,723
bean|1313263457|2990173 said:
In addition to ring size... it really depends on how high the stone is set. If you take a picture straight on, and the diamond is higher, it's going to appear bigger than normal.
I did think about this, but most people post profile shots so you know when it might be deceptively large-looking
 

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
1,723
bean|1313263457|2990173 said:
In addition to ring size... it really depends on how high the stone is set. If you take a picture straight on, and the diamond is higher, it's going to appear bigger than normal.
I did think about this, but most people post profile shots so you know when it might be deceptively large-looking
 

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
671
Excellent idea ! I would love to see mm band widths !!! I think there must be something wrong with me because I can hardly see the difference between a 2.2 and a 2.5 mm band when ive tried them on in person :( .
 

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
2,216
MissStepcut|1313249214|2990013 said:
It seems like we could probably put together a database of ring sizes and mm diamond dimensions if we wanted to. We have a lot of data points floating around here!

I love this idea!! We could include the hand shots so people can get a sense of coverage.
 

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
11,676
Yes, ring size and mm width of the setting are both nice to know.
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
centralsquare|1313288824|2990371 said:
MissStepcut|1313249214|2990013 said:
It seems like we could probably put together a database of ring sizes and mm diamond dimensions if we wanted to. We have a lot of data points floating around here!

I love this idea!! We could include the hand shots so people can get a sense of coverage.


It would essentially be a SMTR folder but with all ring sizes and mm in it. Alot of the posts there have ring sizes, but handshots and mm band widths are less commonly posted in people's threads.

Problem with pictures is that distancevfrom camera and camera angel can make things look bigger or smaller. A "real life perspective" thread like the one listed in the helpful threads archive would most accurate in terms of relating size- and that thread already has handshots- maybe expanding it and having everyone add the info who already posted.
 

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
1,723
Amys Bling|1313351368|2990714 said:
centralsquare|1313288824|2990371 said:
MissStepcut|1313249214|2990013 said:
It seems like we could probably put together a database of ring sizes and mm diamond dimensions if we wanted to. We have a lot of data points floating around here!

I love this idea!! We could include the hand shots so people can get a sense of coverage.


It would essentially be a SMTR folder but with all ring sizes and mm in it. Alot of the posts there have ring sizes, but handshots and mm band widths are less commonly posted in people's threads.

Problem with pictures is that distancevfrom camera and camera angel can make things look bigger or smaller. A "real life perspective" thread like the one listed in the helpful threads archive would most accurate in terms of relating size- and that thread already has handshots- maybe expanding it and having everyone add the info who already posted.
We would probably need to make a new thread for every ring size though. It could get a bit cluttered.
 

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
11,025
MissStepcut|1313351577|2990717 said:
Amys Bling|1313351368|2990714 said:
centralsquare|1313288824|2990371 said:
MissStepcut|1313249214|2990013 said:
It seems like we could probably put together a database of ring sizes and mm diamond dimensions if we wanted to. We have a lot of data points floating around here!

I love this idea!! We could include the hand shots so people can get a sense of coverage.


It would essentially be a SMTR folder but with all ring sizes and mm in it. Alot of the posts there have ring sizes, but handshots and mm band widths are less commonly posted in people's threads.

Problem with pictures is that distancevfrom camera and camera angel can make things look bigger or smaller. A "real life perspective" thread like the one listed in the helpful threads archive would most accurate in terms of relating size- and that thread already has handshots- maybe expanding it and having everyone add the info who already posted.
We would probably need to make a new thread for every ring size though. It could get a bit cluttered.



Yes. Creating a thread for each ring size to include mm band width and stone size/dimensions is a great idea.
 
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results
Top