shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk ok, so that''s the plan if you guys sell the house...to move with the ILS? yeah, definitely not my cup if tea either! haha. do you mean october of next year at the earliest? i was thinking october of this year and that seemed really fast! how was the grocery shopping with T tonight? i ventured out to dinner with B tonight with my cousin, and it was quite the adventure to say the least. why can''t they ever sit still??? i hope T was a lot more cooperative than B was!!

tgal that''s so great that amelia''s teeth are being used now! haha. hope you had a great massage and dinner!

bobo little B is just so darn cute!! i can totally imagine him getting on all 4s and doing a dance, it brings a smile to my face. i''m sure the house project will be done before you know it and all that hard work and shopping will have paid off and you''ll be enjoying your new home.

lili poor J and the weaning process. some kids wean easier than others, but hopefully she''ll catch on soon. what a great picture of you and J at the beach!! i really love that picture! how cute that J hides her food!! she is such a funny character.

mrsS glad to hear that jake''s skin is doing better even with dairy! jake and your dog sounds exactly like over here at our house. B tosses everything to the dog, even his snacks. then he''ll try to snatch it right back out of the dog''s mouth. how is the packing coming along?

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
lili, I definitly have moments of "that feels very familiar"
so funny J hide the toys and food.
5.gif

I love the pix your DH took, what a sweet moment.
What''s J''s dance move?
Thanks MrsS, can''t wait to see what the house will look like.

Burk, I posted some pics over at the house thread.

DH is giving little B a bath, got it go get ready for bed. night all!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~T's hair is longer in the back than the front so I'm considering a trim. She only gets to watch TV with her breathing treatment and she sits very still for it so I may do it while DH gives her the treatment. That's the only time she EVER sits still. I think I'm going to try getting T down to one nap this summer while I'm home with her. Do you do lunch right before A's nap? How long does she typically sleep? Is she going to bed at 6 still? Hope A's foot gets better and you and Tguy had a great date night!

Bobo~I do deserve rewards for making it through alive when I take T in public!
3.gif
October of this year would be the absolute earliest...but most likely November. I went over and checked our your pics!! Great progress so far!

lili~Things are going well so far...but we're still in the early stages. T was fine at daycare. She just loves her friends. I've been asking her on the way there "who are we going to see at your school" and she starts to list all of their names. Too funny. What an adorable pic of you and J!!!

mrss~Thanks! We're very excited.

puffy~DH's plan is to move in with the ILs
20.gif
MY plan is to get an apartment. We'll see if we have to use one of our plans. October 2009...as in 5 months from now. Most likely November, though. Just depends on how things go. This is prime building time. T actually did alright last night. Sitting still isn't her strong suit so I take what I can get. I feel your pain....going out to dinner isn't even fun anymore. It's work. Even when she's good, it's work.

Crazy busy stressful day today. Trying to get an ad in the paper for our house since we're not using a realtor yet. $240!!! Yuck. Yearbooks go out today and because I'm yearbook adviser I'm pretty much in charge of everything.
6.gif

ETA~And add to that after the day is over I can play with T for a little while
36.gif
but then I have to go to a bachelorette party. I love this friend and want to go for HER but I don't really dig bacheloretty parties.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk WOW...this year!!! that''s super awesome!! it''s funny when i take B out to dinner, i put him in his chair for and he does great, talking to people, waving to people, and the minute someone comes over and tries to get his attention, then it''s all down hill. so weird!!! but going out to dinner is definitely work, and yes even if he is on his best behavior, it is still work. DH is so lucky that he is working all the time. then of course when i tell him what a nightmare it was going out to dinner, he totally doesn''t believe me cause he has NEVER had to experience taking B out on his own. hope you have a great day at the bachelorette party and enjoy the time you have with T!!

bobo i meant to comment on your pics in Burk''s thread, but things look like they are coming along..nice work!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not like going out to dinner at all when kids are this age. Last night I totally did not feel like cooking and I had coupons for free Pizza Hut pizza''s from my daughter''s reading achievement program at her school. So, silly me decided to take all 3 of my kids out to dinner by myself
6.gif
Now, it''s hard taking them all out when I have my husbands help, but solo
32.gif
. The girls are pretty good if they don''t sit by each other and jake is strapped in so he can''t go anywhere but between my 7 year old wanting to get up and get crackers from the salad bar and my 5 year old dropping crayons on the floor (accidently) and jake pretty much tossing anything I gave him on the floor it was just painful. I don''t know why I have such a short term memory that I think somehow magically it''s going to actually be "fun." They really are pretty well behaved, it''s just so stressful and work, oh and since I don''t think 7 or 5 is old enough to go to the restroom alone, guess what happens when one of them has to go?? yep, we all have to get up and go....i still wonder what I was thinking
41.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks puffy, it''s looking better each day. Your B is such a good boy,
little B will scream on top his lungs and everyone will just turn and look at us
which is very embarrassing.

Thanks Burk, it''s a hassle taking little B out too.
He just won''t sit still, screaming on top of his lungs in the restaurant if he don''t get his way.
Just want to get out of his seat and walk around. so usually we take turn eating
our meal when we''re out
New house before Thanksgiving will just be so wonderful.
How cute of Tayva naming her friends.little B don''t have friends yet
so he just names Elmo, me and DH, MIL, aunt''s and cousins.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Yes, November will be here before we know it. Another reason why we can start trying for baby number two...will be settled into the new house by the time the new one arrives. T does well in the chair out to eat if she can people watch but same thing with her if I have to keep her attention or if someone comes over she wants out to play! My DH is the same way-never believes me about how much work it is. He''s never tried anything without me though!
2.gif

mrss~Oh my. I can''t even imagine. Here I am complaining about how hard it is to take my one crazy kid out. Back-up is needed for these adventures. Glad you made it out alive!
2.gif
9.gif

Bobo~Yep, this is a fun age to bring them in public. What is sitting still? T doesn''t know. I am hoping to host Christmas next year for sure but Thanksgiving too if we''re settled and have everything on the walls, ect. Tayva loves Elmo. It sounds more like "melmo" when she says it which is cute. Does B say Elmo correctly? I think it''s a hard word but maybe just hard for T?
21.gif
T also recites her cousins when I ask her. I love this stage!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha burk, me too. my sister called me while I was driving home and she was worried I was having a nervous breakdown
9.gif
when i pulled in our garage my girls jumped out of the car and ran across the street to the neighbors. I took the diaper bag and leftover pizza into the house and when I opened the door to the house and my dog ran outside and disappeared. she is not one to run away but evenings are busy in our neighborhood with tons of people out walking etc. and I just don't let her out off leash at that time. Jake was crying b/c he was still in the carseat so I got jake out of the seat and went looking for my dog and heard noise in the back yard so I went back to check on the kids who had moved back to our house. My 2 girls, 3 neighbor kids and my dog were all jumping on our trampoline
6.gif
I wish I would of taken a picture b/c it was pretty funny. I was so worried about my dog and she's bouncing away with the kids. the kids all played outside the rest of the evening and it was warm enough for the hose so they had a blast getting wet etc. they were wiped out by bedtime...so was I..lol. never a dull moment for mrss...hehe...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~He he about the nervous breakdown!
9.gif
Sounds like a busy night. Glad your dog didn''t go far. It always stresses me out if my dog wanders off (which he rarely does which makes it all that more worrisome). Will you see your DH this weekend since it''s a long weekend?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 2:06:55 PM
Author: Burk
Will you see your DH this weekend since it''s a long weekend?

yes!!! he will be here in about an hour
36.gif
my 5 year old will be going back to TN with him on tuesday because she is now out of pre-school, so I''ll only have 2 kids to take care of for the remainder of my time here which should lighten my load a bit. moving truck is coming next weekend. I can''t believe it''s getting so close.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 2:12:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 5/22/2009 2:06:55 PM

Will you see your DH this weekend since it''s a long weekend?

yes!!! he will be here in about an hour
36.gif
my 5 year old will be going back to TN with him on tuesday because she is now out of pre-school, so I''ll only have 2 kids to take care of for the remainder of my time here which should lighten my load a bit. moving truck is coming next weekend. I can''t believe it''s getting so close.
That''s great!! I may have missed this, but did you buy a new house back home? So exciting that you''ll be moving next weekend!!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 2:21:57 PM
[
That''s great!! I may have missed this, but did you buy a new house back home? So exciting that you''ll be moving next weekend!!
36.gif

not yet, we''re going to be staying with my sister and may just rent something until we find something we want to buy. I just don''t want to rush and didn''t have time to go house hunting while still living here. should be fun to do this summer though.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Burk, I think "Elmo" is the only word he says clearly beside "mom and dad". He is now learning to say "sponge Bob".

MrsS, You are one superwoman!! You deserve a cape. Will your DH survive alone with you guy''s 5 year old? You might need to go rescue him
2.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
That will be a fun summer project! You''ll have to post pics in the house thread!
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, our gym is pricey so it does motivate me. Plus sometimes it is the only time I have to myself (how sad). My one lip crack is still painful. I have never had cold sores and feel bad for those who do! They are so annoying. Taking T out is difficult too. I hate it. Have you thought about doing a flat fee listing? Around here you can get one for $600 and it is worth it since they put it on the MLS for you. THAT not the paper is what will sell your house. Good luck! If Nov. is here before we know it I will have a 2 year old! Ahh!

Bobo, it is an Rx cream. I guess no one notices the discoloring but it bothers me.
40.gif
Tessa is so into singing and dancing too. She loves hip hop and shakes her shoulders and wiggles her hips. She also shakes her fists in the air and tries to sing along to EVERYTHING. Your house is going to look amazing when it is done! Hang in there!

Puffy, I hope she does not over dose on Motrin. I have been giving it to her multiple times a day. The molars and K9s are by far the worst! Her other teeth barely phased her. One corner feels normal but my right side is still really chapped. Won''t make that mistake again!
20.gif
B''s dance sounds ADORABLE. How are you feeling?

TGal, I am SICK of mouth pain! If you have melasma I bet this cream would work. I have only been using it for 4 weeks and results are around 8 weeks I guess. So far it doesn''t look much different but the skin is flaking (sorry for the gross image). So obviously it is doing something besides burning the corners of my mouth. I am an idiot. How was your date night? So jealous! I bet you feel great after your massage. Hope there is nothing wrong with her foot.

MrsS, I will let you know too. It worked for my neighbor. She was the one who talked me into it. My skin tans easily too. The Derm said I should use 70 spf
23.gif
If it works though no reason not for you and TGal to get rid of those spots! I have a roundabout too. Not sure why they always seem to be overlooked. Yay to be down to 2 kids for awhile. Can''t wait for you to come back south!

Lili, LOVE the pics of you too! SO CUTE! You need to frame it. Vasline has helped a ton! T is with the toddler "class" now.

DH and I took T to the "Water Park" today. She loved it. Of course she "stole" this kid''s car and they were nice enough to let T play with it. I am a bad mommy and never thought about bringing toys
20.gif
The mom was like "wow she is not afraid of the water at all is she?" She was all over the place. She slipped under water a few times. Came up (or I should say we pulled her up) and she looked shocked but didn''t cry or anything. Also they have this part where the water shots up from the ground which she loved. She is obsessed with shoes though and was picking up random people''s shoes and bringing them to me. Little freak.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
puffy
Yeah August. Though it seems like that might be out of the window.
2.gif
I want at least 2 and at most 4 kids. DH wants 2 kids if the next one is a boy; if not, then he might think about a third. I actually think 3 is a good number, probably b/c I am 1 of 3 kids in my family.
Jan 4th is the EDD huh? you might have a New Year baby. Yay for heartbeats!!!
Love your description of B''s fave dance. So hilarious.

Burk
Yeah maybe she can just gives M some cereal or toast with fruits for breakfast, so it''s not something she has to make.
How''s the showing going? Any interested party?

Bobo
That''s interesting about your dream and the house. I, sometimes, get these deja vu feelings like I''ve been some places before, but not like a sixth sense thing. But maybe the dream did mean something. I''ll let you guys.
So how''s it going with the house?
So cute that little B is entertaining his grandma and great aunts.

Janine
M escapes her blankets sometimes too, and ends up horizontal on the bed. I should really get her some of those wearable blanket.
Maybe you can offer C small pieces of what you guys are eating (if it''s something appropriate for baby).

lili
LOL. Whatever the reason she asked. I think her DH is more concerned with her supply than her.
I guess I can do that, but he probably won''t be surprised. He is hard to surprised.
I don''t think she has a recipe, basically what Bobo said. She just put the rice, meat and veggies with water or broth in a slow cooker and let it do the work. It''s not hard to make at all. The meat are cooked in big pieces, and I break it up in small pieces when I feed M. Veggies are cooked in bite-size pieces.
The pic of you and J is so sweet. You should frame it.

Tgal
Yay for Amelia biting.
I totally forgot you went on a trip to Oz. How was it?
Did you have a good date night? The couple massage sounded awesome.

Tacori
Wow T had a blast at the water park.
The girl like shoes, can''t blame her. LOL.
How''s everything? Sounds like gym is back in full force for you.

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
That''s good to know that she''ll drink more once weaned.
I''m not looking for her to drink too much milk anyway since she is getting her source of calcium from cheese and yogurt.
Also, I''ll be giving her OJ fortified w/ calcium, so that''s the third serving there.
Wow, you are supermom to bring 3 kids out in public by yourself.
DH and I couldn''t even handle J. Like Bobo, we had to take turn eating.
She just refused to sit still. She used to like to people watch, but now she likes to get up and personal to them -- ie walk right up close and see what they are talking about
40.gif

Hehe, that is too cute w/ the dog being on the trampoline w/ the kids.
Too bad you weren''t able to capture it on film.

I''m surprised your Lily is okay about leaving w/o her sister and little brother.
That''s probably a huge load of you since now you don''t have to worry about the two girls fighting
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, it was kinda embarrassing when she grabbed this other lady''s foot. Not sure WHAT that was all about. *sigh* My girl is NOT shy. I forgot to mention my DH did have a scare. He turned around for one second and when he turned back there were two kids there. One underwater and a little boy. He grabbed the kid under water and it was Tessa. She wasn''t under for long but it shocked her. No tears. My girl is tough. There were a few other times she tripped or whatever and went under. But it didn''t really upset her once she got over the surprise. Things are better but it was a wake-up call that life is unpredictable. Since I do not have a crystal ball (wish I did) I just have to learn not to worry about things out of my control. Changing my thinking has helped a TON. Thanks for asking. How is M doing?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
PUFFY, yay for a heartbeat!

LILI, love the beach pictures!

TGAL, yay for biting! Hope you had a great date night. Sounds fabulous!

MRSS, yay for moving! So excited for you and your family!

TACORI, hope your mouth feels better soon.

QT, do you have some news to share!?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
snlee i was so relieved to see the little bean and the heartbeat. how is D doing? he is in such a fun stage right now, i am sure you are enjoying every bit of it, but it only gets better!!

bobo haha, good boy and B don''t really belong in the same sentence. just kidding, he is pretty well behaved MOST of the time, but io swear he knows when to act up and get attention. DH and i have had to take turns eating plenty of times as well. but honesty, when i take B out alone, he is pretty good most of the time. do you guys have an estimated date to move in?

burk haha, i swear i tell DH to be my guest to take B out to a restaurant by himself and see how it goes then come back and tell me that it''s not that hard! i''m so excited for you guys for baby #2 and it would be great timing. B also loves Elmo to pieces. sometimes i''ll ask him who he loves, and half the time he will say Elmo first then mommy, but at least he does mention me. haha. and he does the whole Elmo song, it is the funniest thing.

mrsS you are my hero!!! taking all 3 kids out alone?!?! i hope you have a wonderful weekend with your hubby and family!!

tacori T sounds so cute with her dancing!! have any of the k9s broke through yet? that poor girl. glad to hear that one side feels better and hopefully the other side will get there very soon!! sound like she had a blast at the water park!! YIKES for the scare though!! that''s really cute that she is such a shoe gal already at such a young age...guess you gotta start young.

qt if the little bean turns out to be a boy, i''m ok with it, but i would love to have a little girl, so it might be 3 kids for us. but if i''m having a little girl, then honestly, i think i am done. i always knew that being a SAHM was tough, but i seriously didn''t think it was going to be this tough, and B is a pretty easy and most of the time well behaved kid. you have regular periods now even though you are still BFing? if you do, then august could happen!! is M''s sleeping back on track?

hope everyone has a great long weekend!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
puffy
haha, glad to know that I''m not the only one w/ a kid who refused to sit still.
I get so envious of those parents whose kids just sit in their high chair and eat their meal.

Bobo
That is hilarious dance B has.
Nothing fancy for J.
She just do the head banging thing -- stand w/ legs apart and start bowing like a maniac. :D
I had to laugh about B at the restaurant cuz J is the exact same.
Like you, we had to eat in shifts
40.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Am I the only one w/ a kid who doesn''t sit still even for a TV?
I''m thinking of trimming J''s back too so that the front evens out w/ the back.
Somehow, I just know that that will never happen. The girl is impossible to handle these days.
How cute T can name all her friends and cousins.
I agree, this is a fun stage to take them out in public :razz:
I have to say though that it is kinda cute seeing them just walking from table to table checking other people out.

Tacori
That''s the attitude. Glad to hear that you are seeing things differently.
Yay for water park days. So we should see some cute pictures of Miss T in her spiffy swimsuit?
She is a tough girl for not being phased with the water dunk.
Haha, too funny about her liking shoes. J is the same.
We were at the beach and she just walked right up to someone else''s camp to check out their water shoes and tubes.
There''s something about shoes that just fascinate them.

QT
Thanks for the porridge instruction.
I''ll give it a try and see how J likes it.
Ooo....interesting....definitely keep us posted about that dream of yours.
5.gif

---------
Thanks everyone for the comment on the picture. I will definitely have that frame (one of these days when I do get around to printing out the pictures :)

lili

Ideal_Rock
snlee
How are you and D doing?
Miss seeing that cutie pie.
Is he shuffling about now?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure what is going on with Miss T. she woke up around 9 and was so fussy, clingy, needy I got fed up and put her back to bed at 10. I think she fell asleep!
23.gif
She must be growing or her teething. I don''t think the K9s have broken skin but they are there. So here is a cute Tessa story. She loves her baby Stella doll (must be the magnetic binky) and yesterday she was kissing her and then tapping her belly saying "tickle tickle!" Haha. It was pretty adorable.

Q, forgot to say I am back at the gym 4x (4 hours) a week. Feels good to be in a routine again.

Snlee, my mouth does feel better today. Hopefully I don''t do anything else to hurt myself!
20.gif
How is D?

Puffy, she loves to dance and sing. She loves grabbing our shoes and she says "shoos!" and hands them to me. If they are her shoes she will sit on my lap b/c she wants me to put them on.

Lili, I forgot to take my camera yesterday. Next time! She is tough. I would have been freaked and she just shook it off. J and T would get into so much trouble together!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Bobo~I find it so interesting what words are more difficult for T to say. She has friends named Stella and Eli at school and when she says their names it is all tongue and it''s so cute.

Tacori~I don''t get cold sores, either, but I have a friend who gets them bad and I feel so sorry for her. Hope your lip feels better soon. I love that T is so social but it also makes for an interesting time when in public. Sounds like Tessa had fun at the water park. We have an agency in our area that does the flat fee listing but it''s $2500 and they don''t really have a great reputation for various reasons (one being that a lot of the times the houses aren''t even on the MLS). The paper that we put it in has a deal with a real estate website so it will be on that, too. Our city is kind of weird. We''re going to list it with our agent if it doesn''t sell in a month. Don''t mean to scare you about November being here soon. No it won''t
12.gif

QT~One house showing was a no show, the other I think we just wanting to see it-not really interested in buying it.
20.gif
We are having another open house Sunday. We''re going to try a few more weeks to sell it on our own before we use an agent.

puffy~Elmo is def. a crowd favorite!! Lately when I ask T if she wants to watch Elmo or "Yo Gabba Gabba" during her breathing treatment she''s been choosing Elmo every night. I hope that the baby #2 thing works out for us. I still have a fear that it will take forever to get preggo this time or I''ll miscarry. I''m trying to be more relaxed about it, but it''s hard sometimes.

lili~Um no, you are not the only one whose kid doesn''t sit still for tv. T only sits still for her breathing treatment. She screamed through that treatment the first few times and it took DH and I both to hold her down to keep the mask on her face. She learned that she had no choice but to sit still. We turn the TV on during the treatment to distract her. The second her treatment is done-she''s off and running! I''ve been meaning to tell you I got that same swimsuit J had on at Target the other day-couldn''t pass it up for $6 and it looked so stinking cute on J!! Even though this stage is hard to take the kiddos in public I think it''s my favorite because of all the talking and socializing.
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
anyone have any of the baby genius music cds?

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
lili haha, i can totally imagine J running all over the place when you guys are out. she seems to be a handful!! i know i really shouldn''t complain about B cause i know that he is one of the better behaved kids that i know, but sometimes it is just frustrating, esp when i know all he wants is attention and the people feed right into it then turn around and look at me like i have a monster when they give him the attention and then all he wants is to come down and play with them. how is J these days?

burk i hear ya on the getting preggo. if i hadn''t gotten preggo and we were actually going to try this summer, something in me thought it was actually going to take until next year. and then if course i got preggo and the doc scared the crap out of me so i thought i had already miscarried. but everything worked out, and i am sure everything will work out for you guys as well. is your DH actually going to be around these next few cycles when you are supposed to O? how is T doing? she''s still on the breathing treatments?

tacori heehee, that T story is so cute!! B loves to get his shoes for me to cause that means that we are going out. haha. he now knows the difference between shoes (tennis shoes) and flip flops and nice shoes (my ballet type flats). i''ll ask him to get me my flip flops and he''ll get the flip flops and same with the other shoes. it''s pretty funny. we do have the baby genius music cds which B likes, not loves.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
puffy, do you suggest a better one? I can always return it.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies, I can''t hold it in anymore. I need to tell someone. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and got a BFP. Based on my last period, I am 4 weeks pregnancy. Even though it''s my 2nd pregnancy, I am still very nervous about m/c. I was going to wait until my appointment to tell you guys, but I really need to tell someone. We are quite surprised since it took us so long to conceive M. I am also a bit nervous about nursing during pregnancy (at least the first part). We are super excited.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2009 2:05:43 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Ok ladies, I can''t hold it in anymore. I need to tell someone. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and got a BFP. Based on my last period, I am 4 weeks pregnancy. Even though it''s my 2nd pregnancy, I am still very nervous about m/c. I was going to wait until my appointment to tell you guys, but I really need to tell someone. We are quite surprised since it took us so long to conceive M. I am also a bit nervous about nursing during pregnancy (at least the first part). We are super excited.

Oh wow, great news QT!!
That''s wonderful.
Hehe....and you said there wasn''t anything in that dream.
Hm....I wonder if it is twin.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results