shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, reread a bit of your posts and yikes...can''t believe it''s already so cold there. But Co looks so cute bundled up, it can''t be all a bad thing!
30.gif

MrsM, I don''t blame you. I''d be shaken too.

Janine, when I lost my dad last year, I realized that no one else knows the sorrow and grief you are going through quite like a sibling. No one else knows how we grew up, or all the weird things my dad put us through. My brother is the perfect husband...always is by his wife''s side, but when my dad breathed his last breath and I broke down, he left her and came over to my side of my father''s deathbed and just held me. In that moment I really understood how family stands together. It''s not a good reason to have another, but I do wonder when TGuy and I leave this earth, Amelia won''t have anyone to reminisce with about our family and how she grew up.

So I haven''t closed the door on it yet. But time is ticking so 2010 will be the time to really think this through. If my body doesn''t want to cooperate, I''ll be happy to accept my fate there as well.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! My application seems to be fixed. Unfortunately it says that it was completed 8 days after the deadline but hopefully it will be okay.

I think it is so funny how a two year old can click more with one child than another. She had a playdate today and they are like two peas in a pod. They have the same personality so they laugh hysterically, chase each other, help each other. Copy each other. It is so cute.

MrsS, I will not know for sure until March/April. I hate waiting.
7.gif
If for some reason I do not get in (it is a competitive program) I might take a few post-bac classes.

Puffy, Happy second birthday to B! You have to find us on FB so we can see pics! I am so excited for you! Dec is a busy month for the men in your family.

Janine, C seems pretty spirited
2.gif
That is funny how she wants your attention.

Q, I am feeling good. Luckily I think it was just a random cold. T''s nose is still runny. I think it is called "raising a spirited child" but I will have to double check. I haven''t gotten very far b/c I got distracted with a chick lit
12.gif
but it is interesting and hopefully will give me good insight b/c I am not a spirited person.

Bobo, there are B''s cheeks (in your new AV). He is so cute. Yay for mini conversations. Our convos are still pretty basic but I am not worried.

Jas12, I will freak out when T stops napping.
38.gif
Sorry your DH is working such crazy hours. When will the house be done? Co sounds so funny.

MrsM, T has repeated a few bad words. I hardly ever swear but somehow they know the things they shouldn''t repeat. Luckily she never seems to remember then.

TGal, there is a chance T will be an only so A will be in good company
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Bobo
That’s great that little B speaks in both languages.
You should record little B dancing.  I want to see.  Must be so cute. 

Puffy
Hang in there.  Fingers crossed that the baby cooperates and come next week or after Christmas. 
Christmas in the park sounds fun.  There isn’t much going on in our neighbor, as far as community events/fair.

Jas12
Glad I am not the only who’s not skimping on Christmas gifts for the LO.  I think she has too much toys as it is, and she is much interested in the non-toy items nowadays anyways. 
Yay for regular nap routine.
Wow I can’t believe you dug and push your car out.  I agree that you shouldn’t do it again. 

Mrs Mitchell
That’s hilarious. 

Tacori
Glad the application got somewhat straightened out.
It must’ve been so cute watching T and her playdate play together.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori--
Whoa, that must have been a huge scare for you regarding your online application.
Glad everything is ok.....bummer about the long wait though, but I''m sure T will be keeping you busy.
That is too cute that T and this other little girl clicked.
J is more into the bigger kids.
This past holiday when her cousins where at our place (they were 2 yrs, 5 yrs, 13yrs and 16 yrs).
She hardly played with the younger ones, but was constantly calling to the 2 older ones.
It''s been a week since they left and she still remembers where they slept when they were over. "(jan now) sleep over here and (jen net) sleep over there" or "where is j and j?"

T sounds so cute singing.
You still owe us video of your sassy girl in action
2.gif

Bobo--
Wow, B is so big now.
Definitely doesn''t look like a baby...but still have those pinchable cheeks.
My nephew''s ped didn''t give him booster shots as well...so maybe it is different w/ different Drs.
That''s great B talks in both English and Mandarine.
It''s so cute when they speak multiple languages.
And I agree w/ the others about taping B w/ his moves!

QT--
Have you ordered from Diapers.com?
If not, you can get a $10 off on your first purchase.
You can order a box of diapers and the straws and they''ll come out to be more than $49 to qualify for free shipping.

MrsS--
Hehe, Lily does look like she''s got the "had to be moving" personality.
That''s what I thought too about Jake being more like C base on the pictures.

Puffy--
Happy bday to B and your hubby.
Hope you get the prints soon before you go into labor.
Are you feeling any change so far?
Thanks...I hope so too. Fingers crossed that this journey won''t be like the last.

janine--
haha...too cute that C wants to be in on the conversation.
You''ve got a chatterbox on your hand.
And I agree w/ Qt about "there" counting as a word, as well as animal sounds.
The way they did the evalution at J''s daycare is counting how many different sounds the children make.

QT--
haha, we do that too when we talk.
We mix english, chinese and vietnamese as well.
J is doing good, but is so bad lately.
She''s testing her limits everyday and is perfecting her fake cry.
Just yesterday she was playing w/ the shower door and I warned her about her fingers getting caught in the glass door (since it is one of those frameless heavy glass).
She heard me screamed and went into her fake cry with tears and all and held her finger.
But we caught her when we asked her which finger that hurt and she pointed to the wrong hand.
Sometimes she doesn''t even bother w/ her facial expression when she thought that we weren''t looking.
She''ll just make her whiny cry but her face was looking at something
20.gif

M will be talking soon.
She looks like one who have lots to say.
Since there are so many languages and dialects spoken around her, she''s got more work categorizing all the different sounds before she starts saying herself.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
OMG, I can''t believe you did that....
but more surprised that no-one stop to help out.
Like others have said, don''t do that again!

Co is too cute.
Isn''t it amazing what things they pick up?
Sometimes I think I''m too verbose w/ jadie, but she seems to absorb it like a sponge.
Being that it''s cold season, her nose is plugged up with mucous and booger (both words I''ve used).
I used booger when it was something that we had to dig it out and mucous when it is runny.
So today when her nose when dripping, I said that I need to get the booger out of her nose and she said "moocus"
9.gif

And it is funny what they choose to pick up.
I think if it''s a word they like the sound of it, they''ll filed it in their head.

I would speak chinese around J if my chinese was any good.
Also, it is not your mainstream dialect like mandarine or cantonese, so I doubt it will be useful.
The only good thing out of it is that we can have a secret conversation about daddy in front of him :D
But I guess it is good to expose her to all different type of sounds at this age.

MrsM--
LOL....that''s too funny.
Too bad you didn''t have a recorder at hand to tape it for hubby to see.

Janine--
Same here. #2 is for J.
Both DH and I are not young. We are 42 and 37.5. I''m probably a few days older than you since my bday is toward the end of may.
I know 40 is do-able.....but since I''m not the fittest person in the world, I doubt my body can handle a pregnancy at 40.
If I was better at keeping in shape...maybe.

TGal--
DH is a 3-generation Japanese American, so he knows just about as much Japanese as I do, which is zilch.
Even his dad spoke mainly in English even when he was growing up.
As for my chinese, it is very broken and is not your mainstream mandarine or cantonese that would be useful.

Ha, glad to hear that the door on TTC#2 is not completely shut yet.
We''ll work on your next year then
2.gif

Maybe A will need to work on you.....when she starts wanting a sibling to play with or something
2.gif

Tacori--
What is this about T may be an only child? (where''s the emoticon w/ the bat that Linda used before?)

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Hey there mommy friends! Holy busy thread! We had our 3rd snow day today (never had this many in a row EVER). Tayva is doing much better so the past two days were really fun.

Tacori~So glad you got everything figured out with your application. Weird that happened! The doc never called it foot and mouth disease but I wonder if it''s the same thing? So miserable. She still has the sores in her mouth but there are fewer and they must hurt less because she''s been way happier and sleeping much better.

Janine~T has a Vtech laptop that she loves. It has a lot of games to help learn the alphabet that we play together and she loves to just pretend like she''s using it like DH and I do. So cute.

Puffy~Yay for being done with Christmas stuff. Ready for baby to arrive. I hope for B''s sake it''s not a Christmas baby. Do you have a name picked out? T is much better thanks so much for asking.

QT~So cute that M wants to kiss your belly. T is so excited for baby Kade now, but I am still worried how she''ll be once he gets here. We have quite a bit of neutral newborn stuff as well...I was actually quite surprised when I started going through it. I have also bought some stuff at Gap and Old Navy and that''s about it. Although I do have a problem with shoes and have already bought him a few pairs of shoes.
3.gif
I have 2 really good friends who are preggo right now and hope at least one of them has a girl so they can borrow T''s clothes. Too cute to not be used again!!

Bobo~Luckily she has been drinking a ton of milk and finally starting to eat more. She even drank some orange juice today (asked for it and I was a little nervous to give it to her since I figured it would hurt the sores). Love the new avi!

Jas12~Too funny. That is totally something I would do to get out of the house!! We haven''t been able to leave much since T was contagious (and crabby from feeling unwell) I didn''t want to risk it. We did go to the grocery store and she was so happy to be out of the house (as was I)!! I baked 2 loaves of banana bread and T was a good little helper. Like you, I let her pour after I measure. I let her stir, too, and that''s usually a mess but she did exceptionally well yesterday. Poor Charlie working on the house such long hours. When do you think you''ll be in?

MrsMitchell~OMG that is hilarious!! Good work getting to the other room before you started laughing!!

I think I''m missing someone but DH is breathing down my neck for me to look at these pictures of cars he wants to buy!
20.gif
Be back later....

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori glad that the application is ok. dec is definitely a busy busy month. DH and i agreed that IF we do have another, no more Dec babies!! before we had kids, Dh was a dec bday in his family all by himself. everyone else was june or july, now there are 3 dec bdays. T might be an only child?

qt had an appt today and NOTHING!!! the kid does not want out! so now i''m hoping that he will come the week of his due date. my Ob did say she will induce on my due date if everything is ok, so that''s all i have to look forward to now. SAD!! how are you feeling? how is M?

mrsM that is so FUNNY!!! hahha!!

tgal amelia may have a sibling??

jas12 how are you feeling? any more m/s? hope you''re doing ok. i can''t believe that i''m going to have a newborn in 2 more weeks!! the time flew by, but it is just dragging on and on now. haha.

lili thanks. no change....still nothing. haha. how is J? you never know how TTC will go, so i''ll just think happy thoughts for you guys.

burk so glad to hear that T is doing better. i''m am totally hoping that baby comes after christmas. i''ve even got B rubbing my belly and telling his little brother to wait until after he gets to open presents. haha. we''ve narrowed the names down to 2, so we''re just going to wait and see. how are you feeling?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Janine~T has a Vtech laptop that she loves. It has a lot of games to help learn the alphabet that we play together and she loves to just pretend like she's using it like DH and I do. So cute.

BURK: can I ask which vtech laptop it was? The baby ones seem too baby, but the older ones say choking hazard. I'm leaning towards the older versions b/c she already attacks my laptop which obviously isn't babyproof either.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Puffy~Did you have B early? Hope the new little guy continues to like it in there and hangs out until after Christmas!
9.gif
I feel pretty good. I can still play on the floor with Tayva so I consider that a success.
3.gif
I have my 31 week appt today.

Janine~She has one very similar to this one. Couldn''t find the exact one, but this is close. It''s only $20 and she seems to like it.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Rain Gears:
Which website or where should I get them?
And any idea on what size I should get since J doesn''t clothe sizes are all over the place.
Thx.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
janine B has a similar laptop to the one that burk posted, and he absolutely LOVES it to death!! and it keeps him occupied which is very important. haha

burk B was 4 days early, but i was walking around 2-3 cm dilated with B for weeks. and at my appt yesterday at 37w3d, NOTHING, as closed as a clam! kinda depressing, but it gives me hope that he''ll hold on until after the holidays. that''s awesome that you can still play with T like that. it''s so funny, when B sees that i dropped something, he''ll come running to help me pick it up. haha. i mean, i can get it myself, but why deprive B of being my little helper. hope the appt goes well!!!

lili i just got B a bunch of north face gear for toddlers. toddler sizes are pretty hard to find, but there is a local sporting goods store by us that carries 3T so i went ahead and got B a few coats and fleece jackets. it''s so hard with clothing sizes since all companies are different. is there a store you guys can go to to try some on?

have a wonderful weekend mommies!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lili, T has a raincoat from gymboree that is really cute. Their sizes run big so I think it is 18-24 months but still fits her. They have a lot of applications to get through so I understand the wait. I don''t like it but I understand it. Haha. T''s friend is actually a little boy. She only has one girl friend b/c apparently all my friends breed (multiple) boys. It is funny how kids are ALWAYS drawn to older kids. So funny how they remember the details huh? I know I owe you a video. I am SO bad about that kinda stuff. Plus not sure how to edit it since TGal''s software is only for PCs so it might be kinda long. Haha. As for T being an only child the vote is still out. She is a difficult child and I want to go to school. Plus my marriage is not what one would describe as rock solid so it might not be a good idea. We''ll see though.

QT, the application is straightened out apparently. I am kinda untrusting though.
2.gif

Burk, I know. Not sure what happened but the admissions lady said it would not reflect negatively on me. Nothing I can do about it. It sounds really familiar with what my friend''s son had. He had mouth sores too. Glad she is feeling better. Are you guys getting a new car?

Puffy, You need a June baby to even things out
3.gif
She might be an only child, she might not. I am youngish so I am not stressed yet. I have to get a lot of stuff in order before I would be ready to have another. Hope the baby comes before or after x-mas.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
lili
No I had never ordered from Diapers.com, but I like to get diapers from BRU to get the free box of diapers. Maybe I’ll see if there’s anything else on there that I want.
LOL on the fake cries. M is doing that too, and kind of stomps her feet.
I saw some raincoats at Nordstroms. They had a Hello Kitty one, but I didn’t get it since it hardly rain here and we most likely won’t take M out in the rain. It’s different for you since you have to take J to daycare.

Burk
Haha. Kade already has a shoes collection. How cute.
Glad T is feeling better.

Puffy
Was B early? Late? Well I hope you get to spend Christmas with B.
I am feeling ok, have a hard time bending over and things like that. But that’s normal.
M is doing well. She still have runny nose on and off.

Tacori
I was thinking that since you are young, you have some time to decide if you want another kid. I hope everything is ok in your marriage.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
I was thinking hands, foot, mouth too.
Symptoms sound like it.
Anyway, glad to hear that MsT is getting better and back to her happier self.
How funny that you''ve already got a collection of shoes for Kade.
I am so bad when it comes to shopping for J. I usually leave it up to my younger sister for that.
Never did like shopping..and I just don''t have a good eye for what is cute.
That''s great that you are still able to sit on the floor and play.
At what point is it when it gets harder?

How cute and you and Jas12 were able to bake w/ the kids.
I''m afraid to even toy with the idea w/ J.
I just know the kitchen would be a white powdery mess afterwards.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Puffy--
That boy of yours is just super sweet and caring.
He's going to be one super mama's little helper when his brother gets here.
Sorry you are still close as a clam...but there's still 1.5 wks left.
I was only finger tip and still long when my dr did my internal and I delivered 3 days later.
Just goes to show that your cervix can change just like that.
Besides, since B was early, this one is most likely early too, no?
Hmm...but MrsS's Jake was actually the most baked out of her 3....so I guess that belief goes out the door.

Hehe....your comment about your next baby being in June made me laugh because I was thinking that perhaps you are like one of my sister's friend
who was super fertile during one particular month of the year. Through no planning of her own, 3 of her daughters all born in the same month.
It would be interesting to see if you get another December baby....especially since this second one wasn't planned :D

Thanks for the tip on rain gear...but I wasn't planning on getting something that expensive
23.gif
to get trashed at daycare.
Can't believe how expensive rain gears are...especially for toddlers.

Tacori--
Like QT, I'm thinking you are young and have plenty of time to think about number 2.
And T is not a difficult child, she's just determined and independent :razz:
What do you video tape w/? Is it one of those video clip feature on a camera?
If so, you can use this free photoeditor to edit your clip -- that's what I used.

About the rain gear....I did check out the gymboree website.
Unfortunately the cheap ones are all gone and the ones left are about the same price as other rain gears I see, so I may just order the other ones since they have a wider selection.

QT--
Uh oh, feet stomping too?
23.gif

Hope it doesn't escalate to throwing herself on the floor.
I bought diapers from BRU too, but just found out that my card was never registered.
So the 8 boxes that I've bought were not credited
29.gif

Diapers.com sometimes have sales on the diapers and that will bring the price down a bit...
plus you get a $10 off if it is your first purchase...so it works out alot cheaper.
Of course you can see if there are other things you can get.
I was surprised too by how much amazon charges for those straws. Geez...you can get 2 new cups for that price.

Thanks for the Nordstorm tip.
I'll go check it out if I ever go shopping in the mall :D
Normally, I would not want to get raingear for J, but they do take them out and let them play in the rain at daycare, so it becomes a must for her.
Figure I get something sturdy that will last.
But then again, I hate to get something expensive that she'll just wear for a few days.

Janine--
Hehe, I was thinking if C would be content w/ the toy laptop.
If she's like J, she'll only wants the real thing.
3.gif

Hope everyone have a great weekend.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks puffy, hope the baby come after christmas.Your B is such a sweet boy!

Jas12, the part of Co looking at you like your insane really cracks me up. Please don''t ever push a car again while you are preggo, you got me worried too. Sorry to hear about your DH''s working schedule.

MrsM, little B picked up his first bad word yesterday. I dropped a piece of lego that DH had been putting together and I said "sh*t" and little B repeated that word thru out the rest of the night.

20.gif

Tacori, hope your application will be ok.

QT, let me see if i can find the clip and will post on FB.

lili, thanks for the booster info.

Thanks Burk, wonder if eating ice cream will help ease the sores? Can''t believe your are 31 weeks already.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all -- since my 1st year of classes is all but over, I''m able to spend more than 3 seconds catching up...

Still waiting to hear the all-important "Mama" from either of my two stinkers. "Dada" they have down. As well as "cheese" and "light" and "George" (the dog) and "Goldfish" and half of the periodic table of elements. Have been taking them to weekly music classes. Little Logan is the teacher''s pet, Mr. Charm and Personality. Jackson is Mr. Cling to Mama until it''s Bubble Time. Man, bubbles are magic.

We may be moving to the burbs next month, which is just the kind of fun activity I look forward to doing with two mobile and mildly insane toddlers.

I cannot wait to post more regularly.

Sorry to be me-centered...I''m gonna catch up now! I''m a few days behind.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi all, just a quick check in after a crazy day. I had 14 people who stayed at my house last night. my SIL and her family came to town, my MIL is here and my dad called me yesterday saying he was making a surprise trip down. It''s Lily''s B-day tomorrow and he party was this morning. On top of that I had 8 additional 5 year olds come over for a "spa" party which included mini-mani''s and pedi''s, pizza, cake and lots of presents including a brand new bike from my dad to Lily. She was over the moon excited. Then she had to leave her own party and head to a rehearsal at church for a Christmas play she''s in. I also have one of her friends here for the weekend b/c I thought we didn''t have much going on. i finally have 3 out of 4 kids asleep and am online trying to get a few last minute gifts.

anyway, I hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

puffy, you''re in the final stretch..won''t be much longer now, one way or the other

lili-I always hate buying coats/rain gear for my kids b/c they hardly wear them. But, we do have occasional days where it''s super cold and they have too. I always buy one size up in hopes I can get 2 years out of it.

burk-3 snow days, wow! how is T doing?

Jas, eek, moving with two toddlers so not fun. Do you have someone that can help just watch the boys? we moved twice in 9 months, once when jake was 3 months and then again when he was 14 months. I used to beg someone to just come over and be a "jake holder" it was the only way I could get anything done.

sorry if I missed anyone..will try to catch up more tomorrow.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Maybe this baby realizes how important Christmas is to his brother!
16.gif
And, you never know, you may have him tomorrow. Hope it all works out. So cute that B picks stuff up for you. So does T. It''s way easier than me having to bend over.

Tacori~That''s good that they said the glitch with the app won''t reflect on you since it was not your fault! As for the car, um yes, my husband is crazy. I have quit trying to even have an opinion because he wants a new car like every year. We''re looking to get something bigger so maybe a Tahoe or an Escalade. We shall see.

QT~There are some cute boy shoes out there and I try and justify it because I haven''t bought much for clothes. Silly.

lili~The doc may have said it was and we weren''t paying good enough attention since it was 5am?
9.gif
At least she seems to be doing better. So funny that your sister does the shopping for J! As for playing on the floor...not sure how much longer that will last. It is not as comfortable as it used to be but not miserable yet and I''m 31 weeks? Oh, and with the baking, do it expecting a mess and its not as upsetting when it takes you an hour to clean up afterward!
41.gif

Bobo~We even tried to offer ice cream and Popsicles when it was really bad and she must have been in a lot of pain and refused BOTH!! I can''t believe I''m 31 weeks either. Time flies.

jas~hey there! Moving! Aside from the fact that you''ll have to move with the boys as your "helpers" are you excited about the new space?

mrss~Holy smokes you''ve had one busy weekend!! 3 snow days was absolutely crazy and awesome since we only have this week of school before holiday break. yay!!

Tayva''s doing a lot better during the day (still not eating much, though) but night is still a little iffy. Last night she was pretty much up from 2:30am -4:30. It''s like she wakes up out of discomfort and then gets annoyed when she can''t fall back asleep and then starts yelling for us. When I go into her room she''s wide awake and wants to talk and hang out. Argh..... So then, I''ll rock with her for a few minutes and tell her it''s time to go back to sleep and put her back down. She''ll wrestle around for another 30 minutes or so and when she can''t get back to sleep gets pissed again and starts crying and yelling for me again. And repeat. The worst part is I can''t fall back asleep in between because DH snores and I know she''ll very likely never fall back asleep and call for me again so I''m up. Oh, and if DH goes in there he''s such a push over he lets her talk him into coming to our bed or going downstairs and laying on the couch so he''s not much help!! Hope tonight is better because I''m exhausted!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Good morning all. Little new to report other than the boys have figured out how to have one of them crawl into the one cabinet we haven''t baby secured (it only has stuff like boxes of macaroni and cheese or rice pilaf in it) and the other close the door on him. Good times, good times. They find it hysterical, even the one stuck in the cabinet...so funny, in fact, that they do it 10000 times a day. I have to jury rig a bungee cord or something on there because (a) I''m tired of extracating a child from my jumbalaya mix and (b) well, I''m just tired of extracting kids from jumbalaya mix. I don''t need a second reason.

They crack me up.

Mrs. Salvo -- how you managed to have what seemed to be a small village staying at your house and not go insane is beyond me. You are a super woman! That party sounds like fun. I would like a mani-pedi party for my next birthday, when I will be 38! I will figure something out with the moving, probably have my parents watch the kids. They''re just at that "into everything" phase, so I expect to accidentally pack them a couple of times. I''ll just listen carefully to make sure there is no cooing coming from inside a box before I load it in the car/truck.

Burk -- oh, poor little T. This is quite a period for her (and you!) I don''t know how you are finding the energy either. I am not really excited about moving for a variety of reasons, but we need to get the boys into a good school district and we were able to nab a foreclosure at a ridiculous price. I have to make the best of it, but let''s just say I''m going to be 15 minutes from my parents and literally 1.5 minutes from my inlaws and both of those ideas are making me a little tense.

Hi everyone else. I''m carving out a few moments of "me" time every day to come back and re-unite with my long-lost mommy friends.

All right, off to terrorize other threads.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Jas, I can totally see your boys climbing into the cabinets etc. Jake does the same thing. I can only imagine the mischief they would get into if Jake was there too! Jake somehow managed to climb up the side and then stand onto of a wine rack that is in my kitchen. I removed all the wine glasses and wine months ago but still, monkey boy must learn to not climb on everything in sight. i''m glad you''re taking some mommy time and will be around here a bit more. we miss you when your gone. The party was crazy but it really was fun. I love having family around so although it was crowded and loud it was so nice just all being together.

burk, are you guys back at school today? it''s 60 degrees here today...i don''t think we have any chance for a white christmas. did you get all your shopping done?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
jas~Am I imagining it or have you mentioned this forclosure house before? Did you have to do some renovations before moving in? I can see why you''d "lack excitement" to move so close to your inlaws based on some of your past stories. I hope it all goes smoothly!

mrss~I sooo wish it was even close to 60 here!! We''re back to school but it''s only 10 degrees and we had over 15 inches of snow in the past week so driving conditions are no fun. I have most of my shopping done...still need to finish up a few of my IL''s.
14.gif
Are you all done with yours?

Good sleep news....T slept without waking last night. Thank goodness. I am not sure I would have been functioning today on another night''s sleep like the past few!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori haha, that''s what DH said...we need to have a baby in another month. i was thinking more like a month that we don''t have birthdays to celebrate. but we''ll see. i really might consider being done after this one. how are you doing? how is T? hope you guys are doing well.

qt hope M is doing better. how far along are you? you look great BTW!! B was only a few days early. but i''m really hoping now that this one will hold off until his due date.

lili haha, i was telling DH that i might only be fertile in march/april. he got a good laugh out of it. but boy i hope that isn''t true. we definitely don''t need any more things going on in december if we have another. how is J doing? were you able to find rain gear for her?

bobo i smile every time i see your little B..so cute!! hope he is doing ok.

jas moving with 2 doesn''t sound fun at all, but with your sense of humor, i''m sure it''ll be quite the adventure.

burk glad that T had a good night''s sleep. i hope that means that you did too. saw your comment in the preggo thread...i''m sure you look wonderful and you''re growing a healthy baby so that''s all that matters!! i try to remind myself of that every day when i roll out of bed. haha. hope T''s sleeping is back on track!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
tacori: hope your application makes it through! Good for you for waiting till things are right before #2. That''s the great part about being a young mom..

qt: C is doing the tantrums too. Not horrible ones but threw some good ones while trying to take Xmas shots last night. She does the fake cry too. She fell on her knees and was fine, but I still said "ohhhh, are you okk???" in a concerned voice and she squeezed her eyes real tight and did a fake cry!

burk: hope T is feeling better poor thing. Yay for good sleep night though. How''s the house going? And thanks for the VTech feedback--picked a pink one up.

mrssalvo: you''re quite the host, I could never do that!

lili: isnt''t the fake cry funny (but annoying!). Maybe J is hitting the tantrum phase. She looks so innocent in all her photos though! And I did end up getting C a baby laptop, let''s see if she gets fooled. My laptop has taken quite a beating from her. And my camera..and phone...but the laptop is for my work, so I needed to get her something fast!

jas: how old are your boys--hope they say mama soon! C says mamama but not to me! I point at a photo of me and say "who''s that?" Blank stare. If I say it without a photo she will point at me, but that''s as close as it gets. She says dada when I point at a photo of DH. ah well! She calls every animal squirrel meanwhile.

bobo: B is so cute.. a little man now, with bad words and all (hehe). Amazing how quickly they pick up things. How''s he eating these days?

puffy: B is a cutie and you are sooo close, I''m excited for you! We got the laptop for C, thanks for the feedback!

No other news from our front. C has discovered the dishwasher and it is not good. She pulls it open and takes knives out and then decides to leave the room. So I have to take all the dirty knives out and put them somewhere else..not very convenient! She''s doing cute things now like squatting to look for her toys under the table, lots of talking with arms waving but still baby babble. A few diva moments too, guess full on toddler is not far away.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Healthy baby is all that matters. My appt. was just a major downer....I''m over it now.
16.gif
I am looking forward to Christmas break (over 2 weeks off) so I can wear yoga pants every day. I HATE dress pants right now and skirts/dresses are NOT an option since it''s only been like 10 degrees lately.
20.gif

janine~Hope C likes the laptop. T clearly knows the difference but likes her laptop non the less. We ended up not purchasing that forclosure and are just waiting to break ground on our house we''re building. The weather has been terrible and COLD so we''re probably looking at late January at the earliest.

Question for moms who have DH''s who aren''t around a lot....do you ever have problems with your LO asking for daddy and actually getting upset when he''s not around? T has just started to be VERY effected by the fact that DH isn''t around a lot. He was out of town most of last week and the days he was around he only saw her for a half hour or so and she has been so weird about it. Last night she woke around midnight screaming for him and when I went in there she wouldn''t even let me pick her up...only wanted her daddy. My feelings aren''t hurt (I know she loves me) I just am sad for her that she misses him so much that it''s effecting her this way. Do you think this is normal?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk, i think it is totally normal. my husband is actually around a lot and there are days/times that they only want daddy. jake does it all them time and won''t let me take him out of his car seat or put him in his chair for dinner. he says "no mama, dada" and my hubby will have to get him. I wouldn''t worry about it at all.

So, finally recovering after the crazy weekend with another one coming up. more rehearsals for the kids tomorrow and thursday and 4 performances on sunday. crazy!! I think I need a nanny just to help me get the kids where they need to be and make sure they have everything they need with them. Jake is doing great. His absolute favorite thing to do right now is color. he will sit for 30 minutes and take out a marker, color, put the lid on, put it back...repeat. It''s hilarious b/c he has such and intense focused look on his face when he does it. He still loves playing with balls and the basketball hoop too. He has been waking up thought at 4:30 in the morning, wide eyed and ready to go. I have no idea b/c his routine has not change and bed time is the same. Today he slept in until 5:30 but all this crazy early stuff is wearing me out
24.gif

puffy-how many days away are you now?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~Thanks for the input. I'm happy to know it happens with dads who are around more too! I just feel so heartbroken for her when DH leaves (again) and she gets so upset. She's even gotten to the point where she gets mad at him and won't give him a goodbye hug and kiss! She has serious attitude.... So cute that Jake is so upset with coloring. T LOVES markers too.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Burk, I think it''s normal and it actually sounds quite cute--she really misses daddy. It sounds like another version of separation anxiety since she realizes when daddy leaves it might be for an extended period. Is there a way he can talk to her on the phone on days he''s away from home (or are is she still young for that)? Skyping? (I don''t even know what that is but hear people talk about it, haha). I actually look forward to the time C gets super attached to her daddy, right now she only wants me and pushes him off. I feel back b/c he tries so hard! C''s got some ''tude too, maybe it''s a lil'' girl thing!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
janine i hope C will love the laptop. yup, getting close, but not close enough. haha. C sounds adorable, well with the exception of the knives. YIKES!

mrsS wow, 430!?!? i would die! sounds hectic with everything going on over there!! 13 days and counting haha. i guess i''m just anxious cause these last few weeks of being preggo are kicking my butt, but i''m still loving all the time i get with just B. jake sounds like he''s going great, as usual.

burk i''ve mainly lives in yoga pants from the start til now, with the exception of some jeans and cords here and there. i love being super comfy. heck, i would go out in my pjs if B didn''t tell me to hurry up and change so we can go out. totally think what T is going through is normal. B is pretty close with DH and DH is not around much at all, but when he is around, he''ll hang out with B as much as he can. but B will still ask for him a lot and when i tell him he''s at work or something, B will just be like ok, he''s making money to buy me toys. haha. but there are times when nothing will do the trick and all he wants is daddy.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Just a quick me-centric drive by! Wanted to give the update on our trip. It was great!! Well, other than the crappy weather in LA, DH and I had a wonderful time just being on our own. We went out for drinks and dinners and socialized with other adults! We spent time just hanging out and being alone together. It was definitely needed!!

Back at the ranch, the girls had a BLAST!!!! They went to my in-laws'' country house in upstate NY and my parents also went up for the weekend to help out. They had the greatest time. Didn''t miss us at all, which is actually great to hear. I''m so glad we now know that we can leave them overnight and it will be ok on all ends. DH and I missed them but not enough to not enjoy ourselves. We would call to check in and they were so busy that they didn''t want to talk to us! Lily said hi and I love you one day and Lucy said hi every day we called but that''s about it!!! The funny thing is that they have no idea that we were away. I guess they just assume we were at home and they were on vacation! When they got back, we were already there and they were kind of nonchalant until I fed them some pasta (MIL is a horrible cook!) and then they were thrilled to be back with their stuff and us. They both seemed much more grown up and mature. My spirited child Lily was apparently an angel the entire time and Lucy was her typical happy go lucky self. I truly think they act much better when their parents aren''t around! They got constant attention and had so much fun.

Anyway, it was a good time all around and we''re happy to be back but of course now we''re ready to plan another trip!!!
3.gif
Hope everyone''s doing well. I''lll try to catch up soon!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results