shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

geri

Shiny_Rock
Hi mummas

I hope it’s not too late to say Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break. I wrote a long post before Christmas and lost it and have only just found time to catch up after the holidays.

Noel – Happy belated second birthday to Skye. She looks so beautiful in those photos.

Pupp – N sounds so cute with his talking! I also love the language development. I would love to get inside their little minds to see what they are thinking sometimes!

Kunzite – Spam away with pics of your twins! They are adorable. I can’t believe they are over 6 months old already!

PT – Ava looks like such a little character!

Freke – A is such a pretty little thing. Don’t worry, she will go from walking to running in no time flat and you will be wondering how to keep her still!

Ello – that Nemo cake is amazing. Well done. And congratulations on one year. Quite the milestone.

LV – I wish I could help with the grobags but we have the same problem. C still just fits into her 6-18 month one but we have one the next size up and it is huge. For winter, I also had an Ergo Cocoon and a Woolbabe sleeping bag, both of which fitted her better than the larger size grobag. I think we need to see some pics of S swimming please!

Since you asked, I thought I would share some funny comments from C:

“Yuk, I don’t like anything”. Closely followed by “Delicious mummy”
“Mummy hurt her rainbow (elbow). Claudie kiss it better”.
“That’s hard work”
“That’s my favourite” or “the best ever” (usually about icecream)
“I need it” or in extreme cases “I very need it”
A whole lot of phrases she has clearly picked up from us “Never mind” (usually used after she has made a big mess), “Fair enough”, “That’s no good” or “That’s terrible”, “I’ve got an idea”, “No, not yet. Soon.”
She can sing a few nursery rhymes and her favourite song is Frere Jacques (although her pronunciation is hilarious - Frere Yarka, dommay boo). She makes up her own little songs to the tune and now also whinges to the tune, which is really annoying after a while.

It’s not all cuteness though. She is very bossy, very quick to tell me she doesn’t like or want something, very quick to throw massive tantrums when she doesn’t get her way and has entered a new clingy/whingey phase. She is also fighting her day sleeps and now screams blue murder if we don’t stay in the room with her to go to sleep (“mummy hold your hand, mummy rub your back, where’s mummy gone”). It usually takes at least half an hour to get her to sleep as she tells us all about her day and sings songs till she conks out. Our attempts to use the “big girls do x” are also already useless. When I said this the other day when she didn’t want to walk somewhere she said “C not a bit girl, C just a little girl”.

Skippy – Your boys are just the cutest! That kitchen looks amazing and the boys obviously love it.

We are slowly starting toilet training with C. It is summer here so it is easy to do nappy free time. C has done a few poos in the potty (mainly because I have caught it in time and put her on the potty) and yesterday did a wee in the potty by herself. We only realised when she came over with the potty filled with wee and asked to flush it down the toilet! But we have had lots of accidents too – thank goodness for wooden floors. We will see how we go for a little while longer but if she doesn’t respond well we will drop it for a little while longer.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ello, That cake is amazing! It looks quite tasty too!! And, what adorable photos!! Happy First Birthday to your little one!! :appl:

Freke, Yay for walking!!

Geri, I always love reading your updates!! Remind me, is C in daycare during the day? I am totally amazed at her language!! I don't think any of the kids in S's room at daycare talk as much as she does! Oh.my.gosh, she is hillarious!! I totally laughed out loud at: “C not a bit girl, C just a little girl”!! Haha! Totally makes me look forward to when S is more conversational.

Grrr those sleepsacks! We've resigned, and they really are just fine, even though long. I got a french one too, name escapes me at the moment. And, it's the cutest thing ever, with a farm scene on the front, but because it's a veloury type fabric, I think she has a harder time moving around in it. And she does move!! She still moves into a horizontal position (in her little toddler bed), where I am happy to report she has slept for 6 nights in a row now. It's our goal to get to 2 weeks, and then I think she will be good to go in there and maybe not need so much help in getting to sleep. Right now, one of us has to sit next to her for her to fall asleep.

Question: When does your toddler get up? Nap? Go to sleep? I guess it really varies by the kid, so not sure there's even any point in my asking, haha. We have found that S needs a good 6 hours of awake time, so if she naps late, she goes to bed really late, like 9:30. Hmmm, have I asked this question here before? :loopy:

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy|1356177773|3337953 said:
Happy Holidays!!!! Hope it is great for everyone! We bought the boys a little kitchen but I hear it takes 4 hours to put together so santas elves will be busy. hugs to all of you!!!

Pup, I still love the story on N leaving from watching tv to go after the dog. lol

NOEL, that is great! My boys, only say one word, ball, lights, block, banana, shoes. I can't wait for 2 words.

Kunzite, I think when you have twins it flies since they keep a momma busy!!!!! hehe I can't believe mine with be two in 4 months! time flies but it is loads of fun. how are the boys sleeping? Mine didn't sttn until 9 mos. I bet O is a great big brother!

LV, did you get a kitchen or did you make one. I love the ones you posted to make! I wish we made ours as those were such cute ideas!

GERI, how are you???

DCGATOR, are you around???

Well hey there Miss Skippy! :wavey: Apparently my ears must have been burning, b/c I just popped in to say hi and I see you were looking for me ;)) I am glad to hear that you and the boys are doing well. I haven't been able to go back to far, but it sounds like they are in daycare now. Does that mean you are working too, or just trying to give them some social experiences?

Noel - Glad to hear you all are doing well too! That's great that your job is going well and that your DH has gotten a job too. Skye is getting so big and what a little fish she has become, hehe.

LV, Geri, Parrot, Lliang, Kunzite - It's great to see you all are doing well and I look forward to catching up properly with you all.

AFM - So sorry for my long stead. Needless to say there is no excuse for ghosting on you all, but between moving, hubby starting grad school, both us of traveling all the time for work and personal stuff, life has been a bit nuts! :rodent: That being said, I will definitely try to make an effort to be around more in the new year. Quick update, Sophia is doing really well. She is 17 months old this week and is growing like a weed. She has two speeds, sleeping or running, and can't enough of her Disney movies and characters (has anyone else watched Nemo over 100 times lately, lol). She seems to be learning more words everyday, though her favorite word is still "no" right now. Despite her ear tubes put in Feb, she struggled a bit towards the end of the year with colds and more ear infections, so she had her agnoids (sp) taken out just before Christmas. She seems to be doing better now, especially with sleeping, so we hope this will keep some of the sicknesses away. Otherwise, DH and I are doing well and I am finally getting back to my normal body weight, only 3 half marathons and 16 months later, LOL. All I can say about that is I am going to be a bit nuts with not gaining more than 20 lbs with my next pregnancy (God willing), when we start later in the summer.

Anywho, I will leave you all with a picture of my little crazy girl about to go to school and I look forward to sharing more with you soon!

s_at_school.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DC, wow 3 1/2 marathons! that is amazing. My boys like Yo Gabba Gabba, we started watching it because it was the Only way I could get them to sit still so I could clip fingernails. Awww, she is darling!!! 17 months already!? I feel like you and I and the others were just preggo! No I am not back to work, I have a couple of years before that happens but I do need a break from time to time, like 2x a month so they go to daycare.

FREKE, wohooo for walking!!! so exciting!

LV, my boys go to bed at 6:30 pm or 7pm and wake about 6:30 am or 7 am. Then they nap at about 11 or noon for about an hour to an hour and a half. My nephew (my sisters son) use to nap 3 hours!

GERI, yay, so good to see you; awww I love all her little saying, too cute for words!!! My boys are just saying 1 words here and there. They do remember what things are, like book, block, please, thank you. keep us posted how the potty training goes. Evan doesn't like to be pooped so he is aware that he needs a changing; I heard that helps with getting them ready for pt! best of luck! I hear girls are easy to train than boys?

The boys are well, just talking and climbing. One climbed out of his crib but now we don't allow the big stuffed animals in the crib and no more climbing out has happened. If it happens again it is toddler beds (I hope it doesn't happen again).

geri

Shiny_Rock
LV - Yay for S sleeping in her toddler bed 6 nights in a row. That's great!

In terms of sleep, C’s routine seems to be shifting again at the moment. We try to put C into bed by 7.30, and she used to go out like a light, but now it is at least half an hour before she goes to sleep so she probably sleeps from about 8-8.15 to about 6-6.30am. So about 10 to 10 and a half hours a night. I wish it were more but we have tried an earlier bedtime and she just wakes up earlier. She was having a 1 and a half to 2 hour sleep at about midday pretty consistently but that has also been a struggle lately. I suspect that, like S, her awake time now needs to be about 6 hours and we haven't quite got it right. We may need to start limiting her day nap to a shorter sleep soon I think.

We also have to sit with C to get her to go to sleep at the moment, which we haven't had to do since she was about 8 weeks old, but I think it's because she can't wind down well at the moment. She talks for about half an hour before going to sleep. It isn't so bad having to sit with her because the commentary is hilarious - I will have to start recording it. Last night's high point was "C going on adventure for medicine. C has her back pack. Mummy has her back pack. Off we go. Going to the cafe. Going to get coffee." All of this is related to things that she does but it amazes me how she puts all these things together.

C is with a nanny during the day. I work 4 days and she has 2 days on her own with the nanny and we nanny share with another little girl the same age the other 2 days (with the same nanny). We are very lucky as our nanny is fabulous and the girls adore each other. The other little girl talks even more than C so I don’t know whether that has been an influence on her development.

DCG – Wow to 3 half marathons! Well done. I still have a couple of baby kilos to go too and C is nearly 2! That is my own fault though since I have done practically no exercise, other than walking the pram, since she was born. S is a little cutie pie. Is it just the photo or is S quite tall? Sorry to hear about her colds and ear infections. I hope having her adenoids out helps.

Skippy – I hope the boys stay in their cots for you for a little while longer! By all accounts some kids adjust well to the move to the big bed while others are a nightmare.

Re potty training - I hate to jinx myself but it is going well so far. We have only had one accident in 3 days and the cynic in me says that was deliberate because mummy was on the phone and not paying full attention. We have just let her run around at home nappy free and move the potty around with her so it is visible. We ask her regularly if she needs to go but we have stopped trying to make her sit on the potty at regular intervals because this seemed to annoy her. She seems to know when she needs to go and proudly gets everyone to come and look at her business after it’s done! She is still in nappies for sleeps and when we go out, so she still has a safety net. Next challenge will be putting her in undies and getting her to pull them up and down herself because she can’t run around naked all the time! I wish we had worked on the pulling the pants up and down thing first but this has all happened quite quickly and we didn’t really have a strategy in place when we started so hopefully it will work out. If not, I’m relaxed about letting it drop for a while and coming back to it in a couple of months.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Happy New Year, Mommies!

We had a wonderful 2-week vacation in South Africa and Skye had the best time in her life. She loves animals and my SIL has so many, so S was just in heaven. Otherwise, all going well. S drinks out of cup, finally. She can count, but I doubt she understands what numbers mean. We went to a presentation at her school today, and they told us the curriculum for the whole year (topics like animals, weather, safety, etc). Pretty heavy stuff for a 2-year-old, but at least she has fun at school.

And here some pics from our holidays, doing what she loves most.

Horse-riding

and swimming

noelwr12113.jpg

noelwr121131.jpg

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ladies,

I hope you all are enjoying your new year's so far.

Noel - Wow, that's amazing that S can ride a horse already, she looks like such a big girl up there :bigsmile: Glad to hear you had a nice vacation.

Geri - It's lovely to hear from you. It sounds like you have got a lot going on with the sleeping and potty training right now, but it sounds like C is well on her way. Good luck with both of those and please do share your potty training secrets, as that is next on my list for S...Oh, and to answer your question, yes, S is a tall little girl. Daddy is about 6'2, so I think she will be taller than most. I think she was 33 or 34 inches at her last appt, so about 99% for height.

Skippy - We haven't ventured to the Yo Gabba Gabba yet, but I'm sure we will get there eventually. As for the daycare, I think that is great that you can at least get a little time for yourself. Good for you, as I'm sure with two of them, you REALLY need it, lol. As for time flying by, yes, I feel like it to. I can't imagine going through the whole pregnancy and baby thing all over again, but I better get ready for it b/c we are going to take the leap in a few months...

Well, I am back to work now, but I hope everyone has a nice weekend and talk to you soon!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
dcgator - it's a misleading photo. she actually slides off the pony when it moves, so DH was holding her up the whole time. he quickly stepped away for that photo. pony was standing still. ooh, exciting times this year for you in trying to expand your family!

Skippy - ha, that's so funny about the boys climbing out of their cribs, and quite clever. I wonder if that's mainly a boy thing.

LV - our S has been on the same schedule since she was 1... go to bed at 8pm, wake up somewhere between 5-7am, nap for 1-2 hours around 12:30pm. I saw another mom in our condo with her 18 month-old last night and she said her kid doesn't go to sleep til 9:30pm! I couldn't handle that. I think I'd just put S in bed at 8pm, regardless, and let her figure it out. right now we are leaving her in her crib with a couple of Dr Seuss books which she "reads" and then when we peak in half-an-hour later, she is fast asleep.

geri - I am greatly impressed by C's speaking kills. isn't it cute when they sing (not the whining part)? S's version of Row Your Boat is "Row, Row, Row... boat... REEM... Mary, Mary, Mary... REEM".

Freke - yay for A's clean bill of health! I love those pretty blue shoes. does she like them, too? we always have difficult introducing new shoes.

ello - your artistic baking skills are amazing! is that moist dark chocolate inside? yum!

well, we are going to buy S one of those push bikes today.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
GERI, how is the potty training going? I hear the nekid potty training is best! great job momma!

NOEL, no, my friend with twin girls just told me her girls are climbing out of their cribs too. Maybe boys are more adventurous, but sounds like both do it? Great pics!!! Is she pretty good at swimming? Yay for a bike! what kind?

DCGATOR, yay for trying for a 2nd soon!!! Wow your little one is tall!

LV and KUNZITE how are the kiddos doing? HAPPY BIRTHDAY LV to S :appl:

LAINE and BLISS, happy birthday to your littles, 2 years already?!?! How is M and A???

Nothing too exciting here. The boys are repeating lots of words, they love to say "HI" in the most cheerful happy sounding sweet little voice. They will hide and then pop up and say HIY!!! They are eating like horses too, I made a pork shoulder and they ate so much of it. The love blueberries and raspberries too! They grew a lot too; I guess hence "all the eating." Evan loves salmon, nom nom. They are also soooooo sweet to each other, and have a fun little thing where they will share food together, if someone wants something the other little one has they will pass it over. :love:

Re: Climbing out of Cribs. I got a lot of advice regarding that. The majority said to switch them to toddler beds but we are not ready for that. If we do that then they need their own rooms. Miles was using a big stuffed animal as a stepping stool, but now he gets only a small stuffed animal. The advice I got was to turn the crib so the high side faces our and the low side is against the wall. Another friend said put them in the sleep sacks, so they can't hike up their legs (my twin momma friend did this and it worked). Someone told me they used vaseline but that sounds messy to put on the crib bars. I guess whatever works for you but I thought I would put this out there in case it happens to anyone else. If it keeps happening (which it hasn't) then I would of moved them to a toddler bed as I would hate any broken bones. It seems like a one time thing for each of the boys, phew!!! wipes brow. :cheeky:

geri

Shiny_Rock
Noel - Wow to S sitting on the horse. I know you said DH was holding her but still! She obviously loves her outdoor activities.

Skippy - Your boys just sound like such a delight - sharing everything! So sweet. I'm glad you have found a way to keep them in their cribs! Hopefully it will stayy that way until you are ready to move them to beds! C's toilet training is going really well - she is nappy free other than for sleeps now. It took a little while to brave taking her our without a nappy but she has been great - I am so proud of her for how she has handled this change.

And she turned two today! She had such a blast at her party. She was desperate for cake but she said "we have to wait for everyone to come". And she said to my mum "would you like some fizzy water, nana?" :love: I am so proud to be her mummy.

Here are a couple of recent pics - one from a recent holiday in Hawaii and one from her birthday today

p1040005.jpg

p1040205.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geri, Happy Birthday to C!!! Wow, she is so pretty!! Yay for a proud momma! Her hair is so long! Have you ever had it cut? So pretty with the little curls, and yay for birthday princess dresses!! Love it! I still can't believe how much she talks!! And, wow to Hawaii! How long did you go for? How did she do with all of the changes? You know, I impress myself when I take S out to lunch by myself. I could not imagine traveling so far with her. I bet C had a great time!! I would love to take S on trips, but it's not even something we are thinking about right now.

Noel, Super-impressed with all of your world travels too! So nice to see the photos of S exploring the world! That horse photo made me want to sign Samantha up for horse riding lessons right away, haha. I guess we still have time for that. That is so great that S will go to sleep like that on her own. I am feeling like we messed up on the sleep front a little bit right now. I have no idea why she goes to sleep so late, but I must have a lot of sleep enablers in my life. I'll mention it to people, like her teachers, and they'll be like, oh, that's totally normal, lol!

DCG, So happy to hear from you! I wondered how you were doing! Look at little S - so big already!

Skippy, :wavey:

S is two!! We had a little party for her at home. A little tea set is by far her favorite gift. We are all having like 20 cups of "tea" a day here now. In other news, she super-defiantly said "No!" when we both asked her to pick up something she threw on the floor yesterday. DH and I looked at each other like this: :-o . She's said no before, of course, but never defiantly like that!! She's moving up to a new classroom at school, so she's with older kids now, which I think will be good for her. Her teachers report that she really enjoys playing with the older kids (they are all in the 2's, but not yet 3). I guess the older kids all love her because she's younger than them, so they see her as a little baby! It's very cute, and I like her new teachers a lot. Thinking of sending her 3X a week soon. Not sure when we will start that.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
GERI, aww thanks, I pinch myself daily because they are such good little guys and so incredibly sweet to each other. They do have their moments but for the95% of the time they are good little guys! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your GORGEOUS Princess! :love: :love: She is a doll and yay for going to Hawaii, how did she do on the plane? Which island did you go to? I have been dying to take the boys to Hawaii; Colorado was our test trip but the boys failed that so we will take them when they get older! Great pics!!!

LV, lol, I am sure my boys will be telling us no soon too. Yay for her 2nd bday!!!! :wavey:

AFus, We went out to eat and found out the boys are allergic to tahini, they both had hives on top of hives. I guess tahini is super concentrated sesame and we just gave them benadryl and a second dose per the Allergist recommendation. That worked, but I was ready with the Epi pens since they have a peanut allergy too, just in case. I am glad we didn't need the epi's though.

We took the boys to the park yesterday and they did so well. We take them to this other park that is bigger but the one by my house actually is perfect for us; they had the best time. I am thinking we might get a jungle gym? Anyone have one? The boys love going up and down the slide and climbing up the jungle gym! Happy New Week!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
It makes me sad I can never update in here properly! I love all of these little toddlers!

LV & Geri, happy 2nd birthday!! :appl: :appl: Oliver's due date was a few weeks ago so I have a proper 2 year old now and no more age adjusting!! What a relief that is!

re: sleep - We've been trying to get O's schedule to the right place too, his sounds a lot like C's. 7:30/8-6ish, around 10 hours, with about a 1.5 hour nap. The nap has been tricky and I've had to start putting him down earlier because it was starting to have an affect on bedtime. Now he goes into his room at 11:30 and is normally asleep around 12:15-12:30. He seems to need about 6.5 hours of awake time before his nap and 5.5/6 after. If he isn't asleep by 1:15ish, no nap. Night sleep is twice as important as day sleep and he falls asleep late (nearly 9) if he naps too late. Then he has a sleep debt and starts having early wake ups. One day he was up before 5! This was really helpful for me to figure out where I was going wrong: http://community.babycenter.com/post/a32289565/going_through_the_1-0_lets_get_together..

I had all sorts of language stuff I wanted to ramble on about, but M is waking up! Don't these babies know I need a few minutes to myself?! So I'll just leave everyone with some of my favorite Ollie-isms.

dinosaur - dap-E-doo
bicycle - dad-icle
triangle - nun-uh- gul
I love you - ah-ME-ow (not to be confused with Cat in the Hat which is uh-ME-ow)

What's even funnier is that he can say the most random words absolutely perfect. Termite, tadpole, ferret, yellow. :lol:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite, O sounds like my twins. They can say Banana, blueberries, perfectly but
block = Bo-op! lol Of course I love hearing Bo-op!
Also, Baby is babeeeeeee with lots of eeeee's
Thank you, is tank you, please is peeeeas :D

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy - We have a slide/swing set/wall climb thing. It came with the house. S used to use the infant/bucket swing all.the.time. I think she'll use the slide more this year. It was a little big for her last summer.

That's terrible about the tahini and their reaction!!! I didn't realize they both had a peanut allergy. :(( Tahini is in most hummus too.

Kunzite - Cute words there! I will check the sleep link. S did not take her nap until after 2 today! She is supposed to start at 1, but I tried at like 12:40 because she was falling asleep in the car at noon. DH wants to wake her at 4. What do you think? I know you're busy, but that's 52 mins from now, can you get back to me, haha?!? Seriously, I feel like when we wake her from a nap early, it doesn't make that much of a difference re: when she goes to sleep at night.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy, thank you for O is tito. He started by telling the cat, "no no Tito!!" So for the longest time we just thought he had renamed the cat :)

LV, what time does she wake up in the morning? If it's a normalish time I would say 4 is way too late. We let O nap until 2:15 latest. Remember that any sleep changes take about 3 days to notice a difference.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, I hope S's sleep gets better. I can't remember when the boys had there peanut allergic reaction but it was sometime this summer maybe? Evan had to go to the ER and both boys tested positive for peanuts and now they carry epi pens around. Food allergies run in my family but I was hoping they wouldn't get it. I guess sesame seed allergy is on the rise? Anyway, after my 2 anaphylactic reactions I had, I make sure we all have our epi pens. thanks for your sweet words! I want to hear all the cute words S says!!!

Kunzite, lol to renaming the cat!!! I am loving having toddlers and all the funny words they say!!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite|1359405061|3365721 said:
Skippy, thank you for O is tito. He started by telling the cat, "no no Tito!!" So for the longest time we just thought he had renamed the cat :)

LV, what time does she wake up in the morning? If it's a normalish time I would say 4 is way too late. We let O nap until 2:15 latest. Remember that any sleep changes take about 3 days to notice a difference.

She will often wake at 7:-7:30, or sometimes a little later. On occasion, she will be up at 6-6:30, but we can usually get her back to sleep, but sometimes no.

The problem is that daycare nap time is 1pm, pretty much the whole school, so we've been sticking with that schedule. If she sleeps later in the morning, then of course, it is harder to get her to sleep at nap time.

DH just woke her up. 4:15 here. She would have easily slept til 5! Not always, but she's been running a mild temp, so naps have been longer.

Skippy, It will be hard for me to remember! She has been calling Jasper (the greyhound) "Baba" forever. Peaches are PP. Paco the cat is Caco! Pweez and Tank You!!

What about things like sunflower seeds? Are they off limits too? Do you wait until a certain age to try?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, aww that is so cute what she calls your pets. lol, she and my boys almost say please and thank you the same :bigsmile: too cute!!! I hope she feels better soon! :halo:

Well, the Allergist did Peanut testing only which now annoys me and my husband (they did back then but we thought maybe peanuts would be the only allergy). Now the Allergist wants us to bring them both in to do more testing and I want more testing too and won't leave the office until they check other foods because this is pretty scary awful to go through, thank goodness we have epi pens worst case scenario. Each time they eat something they are allergic to, the worst the allergy progresses (closer to anaphylactic/life threatening) so I rather know. I do know sometimes some of those tests produce false positives/ I have had false positives for myself and eaten a food fine but it is always something to be aware of and make sure to have the epi close just in case.

oh and another thing I thought about, was what if they used pb in the hummus the boys ate and it didn't have tahini? just another thought so testing will be good to find out for sure.

In 2 weeks we will find out if there are other foods we need to watch for. I think sunflower seeds might be okay before this happened to them (never had them try it but kept in the house instead of pb) but now I am holding off, to check what all they might be allergic to.

Oh and on age, some kids outgrow allergies and they retest in yearly, but peanut is one of those allergies many don't out grow; I forgot the Percent but maybe 10% -20% (don't quote me on that)? I guess lots of schools are nut free because of the risk to kids so that is a plus if they don't outgrow. I am just crossing my fingers they outgrow these food allergies since nuts are shared with so many factories and they are required to label that, which is good but lots of label reading I do. Sorry for such a long post!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy - Can you call the restaurant just to be sure what ingredients they use? Might be good to know even to have that info to tell the dr. I didn't realize kids can outgrow allergies. I know very little about allergies, so that's interesting to know. It is really scary to have to deal with. Our preschool is nut free, but I never knew if the sun butters would be ok, so never sent that in.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Happy 2nd Birthday to geri's C and LV's S!

Skippy - haha, for the longest time, please was also "peeeeeeeeeees?" here. we got S a Snoopy tricycle that has a push pole at the back so I can push and steer. she doesn't understand the pedals so usually she just puts her feet up in the air.

LV - well, consider yourself lucky that it's taken this long to hear defiant nos. we've been dealing with this for months. not that we listen, of course. where are the birthday pics?

geri - aw, C in her pretty dress. getting my S to wear a dress is like pulling teeth. she picks out her own clothes and it's always t-shirt and shorts. to get her to wear a dress, I have to bribe her.

- - -

We have started proper potty training. She already had the poo-poo part down; she just needs to learn to pee on the toilet. We had a couple of accidents during the week, but I think she was just confused because she was wearing a diaper at school. So now she wears panties. Hopefully she'll get it down soon. Next weekend we are going to Thailand so I'll have to bring extra clothes on the plane because you never know what will happen. She is also not used to peeing in any toilet other than at home or at school. Last night, I forgot to change her panties to a diaper. This morning, my maid asked if I did that on purpose. I said, "Oh no! I forgot! Did she pee in bed?" But no, she had not peed the 12 hours she was in bed. Hope it continues that way.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a Heads up Mommas, regarding a new ruling for the Latch system in the car and your carseats. http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/perfi/basics/story/2012-06-06/child-safety-seat-latch/55452346/1

LV, it turns out they are allergic to Sesame seeds and Peanuts; I had it confirmed yesterday, the Allergist also is doing a RAST blood test to see if Miles is allergic to other things. We will check Evan later. How is S feeling? I hope everyone is feeling 100% now! How is the sleeping?

NOEL, aw, that is cute she said peeeeas for so long. When my boys want a snack, peas peas peas. gah, the cuteness is killer! lol aw that is cute about her putting her little feet up! yay for potty training; I hear the poop part is the hard part, great job that she has that part down.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I just read that yesterday about the LATCH too. Our seat is around 25 pounds and RFs to 40 pounds, so we essentially have to seatbelt install when we switch to FF.

Skippy, sorry to hear about the allergies!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WTF re: the latch system. That was a total selling point to me because it makes it SO easy to get the carseat in and out. And I feel like I can get the carseat in tighter. So we basically paid more for a feature we can't use. :angryfire: Guess I'll squeeze my fat a$$ into DS's carseat so I can pull that seatbelt nice and tight!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Aww pupp, that stinks! Honda LATCH limit is 40 pounds anyways, so it's a wash for us. DH hates seatbelt installs too. That was why the Pilot having a center LATCH was huge for us.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish DH could install a carseat. The man has a mental block on the carseat. He'll proudly install it then I come check it and it's all wobbly! My least favorite part is weaving the seatbealt into that little metal thingy the keeps it tight. In fact, I'm pretty sure our seats didn't come with that since they're latch ready. DS is 32 lbs so I better hop to! Is the latch limit in your owner's manual? My carseat's limit for the latch system is 48lbs but I can't tell what my car's limit is.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
pupp, they put out a LATCH manual every year that gives car specific limits. You could call a car seat tech and have them look it up for your car. I'm actually still conflicted over this since Radians have Super LATCH that is tested to 80 pounds, regardless of the car model, yet the LATCH manual has 40 pounds for Honda (which I've read Honda doesn't commit to, they just needed to print something in the manual so chose the lowest limit).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies!

All of this talk about car seats has me considering getting a new car. Right now I drive a Honda Prelude, which is basically a 2 seater that has a backseat for show. Anyway, the two door thing compounded with the non-existant backseat is a real problem for RFing carseats, because it just won't fit in there. So I drive our Honda CRV when I need to take her somewhere, which is not practical because it's the car my husband drives. Sigh.

A has been going to physical therapy still and now that she's walking, her therapist wants her to double up on appointments so she can finally be discharged from physical therapy permanently! She's been in physical therapy since she was 2-3 months old, so this is huge for us and her! So now we go once a week instead of every two weeks.

She has been CRANKY the past few days, with a slightly elevated temp (99.5ish), and I'm leaning towards the idea that it must be teething. My happy sweet baby has been miserable for the past few days, and I'm hoping it's over soon.

Do you guys have any tips or tricks on how to start the potty training process? Any indications as to how to tell when they might be ready? I don't think she is yet, but I want to be prepared when she is!

A's newest trick is to harass one of our dogs, Nicky. I wish I could post a cute video I took! She's also fascinated by balls and water, so we've been having some fun with those.

img_2366.jpg

img_2245.jpg

img_1728.png

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Pupp my friend helps me with my sons carseats(I think I'm a weakling). She puts her knee or knees into the seat and pushes her weight into it, lets the seatbelt be as tight as it can, then little by little lets it feed back in- I'm still a beginner but I thought that description might help? My mdx has latch on 3 seats but i couldn't find the second latch in the middle seat (I swear its hiding from me ;-). ) so we are usi g the seatbelt.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to pop in for a quick update...the situation at B's school went from bad to worse to unsafe. We worked with the other parents to really push for change and I think some things will change there, but not enough, so we decided that we couldn't leave B at that school anymore. We contacted principals at several other schools and got a spot at one of the top public prek's in Manhattan.

The difference is like night and day!

B started today and when we asked him how his day was, instead of saying "scary" or "too big" he said..."it was fun" and he smiled!!!!!!

We are hoping that he can stay at this school for the rest of elementary school (NYC DOE preK doesn't guarantee admission for kindergarten but once you are in kindergarten you are in that school for the rest of elem. school) and/or at a similar school in our neighborhood...either way, we are so relieved that he is done with his old school!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results