shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Aww pupp, I missed that N wasn't feeling well, glad he's on the mend! Funny about the snack. O still won't eat sweats, he refused his birthday cupcake for a second year in a row! :-o He begs us for pows (pouches) instead. Can you believe my kid still loves veggie and fruit pouches? Pretty soon he's going to have to share!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww they are so cute!!! how old are they now Kunzite?

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I put sweats! I hope he doesn't want to eat sweats!

Skippy, they're just over 6 months, almost 5 adjusted. How did that happen?!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait for Skye to start speaking as well as pupp's N. right now it's mostly two words and a lot of commanding: "Mommy, come! Mommy, sit! Mommy, sing! Mommy, stand!" etc, but similarly to kunzite's O, it's mostly words only DH and I can understand.

kunzite - aw, the twins are so cute. I don't know the name of the one on the right, but he looks a lot like O. S is also still not into cakes, but she does like cookies. I remember when O didn't want to eat much other than Cheerios & crackers. look how far he's come!

LV - ok, I know what grobags are now. S used to sleep in them since about 6 months (after we stopped using the swaddle bag - I just had to google to find "swaddle" because I forgot what it was called!) until we moved to Singapore and it's too hot here. I thought when we stopped using it that she would start climbing out of her crib, but she still doesn't do that. I know what you mean about them hating to go to sleep. when we tell S it's time to brush her teeth, she runs away, shouting "No no no!" but she lets me read her a book and put her in bed and doesn't put up much else of a fight. regarding adoption, I discussed it with DH and he wasn't totally against it, but we'd have to make sure we are doing it for the right reasons, so we will wait a couple years until S is older and we live somewhere bigger and then we can decide if we still want to do it. getting S into local school will be hard (you have to volunteer at the school before you can even apply) and international schools have an average annual fee of $20k. if we have 2 kids to put through school, we'll be broke!

this morning we were looking at Christmas tree ornaments and I pointed to a candy cane and asked S if she knew what that was. she started singing "Happy... to you!" I guess she thought it was a candle. I then told her that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. She then pointed at Santa and said, "Jesus!"

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noel, N is so bossy too! He's constantly barking at us. Every now and again he'll end his demands with "please" but geez!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Holidays!!!! Hope it is great for everyone! We bought the boys a little kitchen but I hear it takes 4 hours to put together so santas elves will be busy. hugs to all of you!!!

Pup, I still love the story on N leaving from watching tv to go after the dog. lol

NOEL, that is great! My boys, only say one word, ball, lights, block, banana, shoes. I can't wait for 2 words.

Kunzite, I think when you have twins it flies since they keep a momma busy!!!!! hehe I can't believe mine with be two in 4 months! time flies but it is loads of fun. how are the boys sleeping? Mine didn't sttn until 9 mos. I bet O is a great big brother!

LV, did you get a kitchen or did you make one. I love the ones you posted to make! I wish we made ours as those were such cute ideas!

GERI, how are you???

DCGATOR, are you around???

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Happy holidays mommies!

My awesome niece made me this hilarious card. I swear my husband actually has a chin and a neck in real life :lol:

_2585.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite - That is really really too hilarious!! hahahahahaha!! Brilliant, really! How old is she? Love your shoes, hahaha!!

Skippy - No kitchen here. Never really got around to it, though I have some of the components. May try to make it for her second birthday. We'll see! Have fun putting yours together!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
LV, oh that will be a cool 2nd bday gift!!! How was your Christmas? Hope it was beautiful, is there snow out there?

KUNZITE, oh I remember those days well; my hubby use to call from work asking what he could bring home! I bet you are super busy. Cute pic!!!! She is very talented!

Parrot Tulips!!!! Hi, how is Ava? Just thinking of you; I hope you pop in this thread sometime!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, that card is hilarious! Nice how a child thinks they can sum up your life in one drawing. My favorite part is that you're dressed like an elf! :lol:

Hope all you mamas had a wonderful holiday. N was sick but a little advil and nebulizer allowed us to enjoy the day. I seriously could have killed my sister though. We had a family get together on Saturday and I found out after that 2 of her 3 children had fevers and bad coughs. Why didn't she just stay home? :angryfire: 48 hours later N and my 3 year old nephew both had it.

N LOVED opening presents. He would barely tear through one and just shout, "More presents, please!". :lol: But, we opened this gift from Mom-mom last and he never looked back. He seriously just circled this table with his trains for HOURS.

http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Deluxe-Canyon-Train-Track/dp/B000AM03TQ

Virtually every smallish vehicle he has fits on it. It's perfect.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that is funny about more presents. Sounds like he loved unwrapping them! My sons took like 10 mins to just open one!!!! Then dad started helping them. lol ugh, that is awful he is sick; hope he feels better soon! We had to postpone Christmas to this Friday (with our family) because Miles is still sick, dang daycare germs. I guess the good thing is they build stronger immune systems now?

here is a pic of the fun they had w/the wrapping paper and boxes! I could of just gave them paper and boxes. They did play all day with their little kitchen we got them. Hopefully they are awesome Cooks like their Dad! :bigsmile:

dscf4384.jpg

dscf4341.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
The boys are still going strong with their little kitchen. They enjoy putting toys in the cabinets and taking them out. My sister gave them a play birthday cake today and they have ice cream so they can do cake and ice cream. lol

They are also starting to say more words which is fun and remembering the word for the item! They now want to sit at the table with us and color when we are doing things at the table so I put the crayons out so they can pull up a seat with us. I love how they enjoy doing things like bringing us a book to read to them. We also got a lot of Awesome Richard Scarry books and we can look at the pictures and talk about those for awhile! Those books are great; I never had one as kid!!!

My husband and I discussed potty training but I don't think the boys are ready yet. Now when we change them we talk about being wet, pooped and being dry. After they are changed we tell them they are dry so now they are more aware (hoping it helps with pt). Anyone potty training??

anyway, life with twins is a Lot of fun!!!! They are best pals and I love that! If one is sad the other will go pat their back. ;( :bigsmile: :halo: (so sweet)!

Hope everyone has a great NY!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, Awww! What cute photos! I love the action shots! Glad they love their kitchen, hee-hee!! There was a little snow on the ground at Christmas, but it's really snowing now. I think we are getting only 3 inches, but they are big fluffy flakes right now. I'm on the sofa with a cat snuggled up to me, and my avatar doggie in front of the fireplace! Baby will be up from her nap soon. She got her first real doll from santa, and she loves her. Hugged her as soon as she came out of the box. Sweet! Sometimes she doesn't want to be bothered with her though, and will just toss her aside if I give her to her when she's doing something more important. Haha! I asked her to go check her diaper earlier today. She went in her room, and came back with three different cloth diapers and one of her shirts. :lol: Eee-eee-eee! I love it!!!!!

Happy New Year Toddler Mamas!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1356811570|3342363 said:
Skippy, Awww! What cute photos! I love the action shots! Glad they love their kitchen, hee-hee!! There was a little snow on the ground at Christmas, but it's really snowing now. I think we are getting only 3 inches, but they are big fluffy flakes right now. I'm on the sofa with a cat snuggled up to me, and my avatar doggie in front of the fireplace! Baby will be up from her nap soon. She got her first real doll from santa, and she loves her. Hugged her as soon as she came out of the box. Sweet! Sometimes she doesn't want to be bothered with her though, and will just toss her aside if I give her to her when she's doing something more important. Haha! I asked her to go check her diaper earlier today. She went in her room, and came back with three different cloth diapers and one of her shirts. :lol: Eee-eee-eee! I love it!!!!!

thanks about the boys! I love action shots too; it gives you a feel for their energy and Happiness! Yay for snow; I bet it is so beautiful out there. Oh your description makes me want to grab a book and some hot chocolate. hehe Your dog is darling; I bet S loves both pets.

aww, I would love to see a pic of S and her new dolly! lol to to bringing out a few diapers and a shirt! What a sweet little momma in the making, just like her sweet mom! Happy NY!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves Vintage|1356811570|3342363 said:

thanks about the boys! I love action shots too; it gives you a feel for their energy and Happiness! Yay for snow; I bet it is so beautiful out there. Oh your description makes me want to grab a book and some hot chocolate. hehe Your dog is darling; I bet S loves both pets.

aww, I would love to see a pic of S and her new dolly! lol to to bringing out a few diapers and a shirt! What a sweet little momma in the making, just like her sweet mom! Happy NY!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, your pics always make me wish A had been twins. Love them and their kitchen!

A was walking around a bit (7 steps being the record), but then she had kind of a hard fall and has been afraid to do it by herself since. We walk her around holding her hands a ton, and she's great at that, but refuses to take steps by herself, even just one or two. Do you guys think there is anything we can do to help her get over it, or just let her forget on her own time? She also seems to dislike that she's slow when she walks, especially when she crawls super fast. So that doesn't help either.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1356930825|3343324 said:
Skippy, your pics always make me wish A had been twins. Love them and their kitchen!

A was walking around a bit (7 steps being the record), but then she had kind of a hard fall and has been afraid to do it by herself since. We walk her around holding her hands a ton, and she's great at that, but refuses to take steps by herself, even just one or two. Do you guys think there is anything we can do to help her get over it, or just let her forget on her own time? She also seems to dislike that she's slow when she walks, especially when she crawls super fast. So that doesn't help either.

aw thanks, twins are fun.

I am glad you came over to this thread; happy birthday to A!!! Does she cruise? My boys were afraid of falling too but I think they get busy playing and then start walking without realizing they are walking, that happened when they were cruising. does she have a push toy? I noticed the push toys helped too, with walking

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Thanks for the hello! Between Ava's (November) birthday, and the holidays (which included traveling to Kansas), I've posted far less than I've been reading. I love the picture of the boys! Where did you find that awesome kitchen?

AFU - Ava turned 1 at the beginning of November. For a baby who had a relatively dramatic beginning, being born early and spending 6 weeks in the NICU, our first year has been blessedly uneventful. No colds/flu/ear infections, no dramatic accidents, and a relatively easy going, happy personality. She was/is a fussy eater, waited until 13 months to start crawling, and still wakes 1-2x per night (over a 13 hour period). But with those being our biggest parenting challenges so far, I consider us lucky in the baby/toddler department. I love her smiles and her laugh, I love how full of personality she is, and I love how social she seems so far.

Here are a few pics of my favorite face she makes (it looks like she's being a diva, but she's just animated sometimes):
img_0124.jpg
img_0153.jpg
img_0163.jpg

With Ava loving people so much, it never occurred to us that she might be afraid of Santa...
santa_baby.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
PT, Love the pictures of little A. So cute she's scared of Santa, but y'know the big red suit and the beard could be scary for her. I'm glad things have been humming along. So funny that she's finally crawling. Methinks she's going to graduate to walking very quickly :)

Freke, We're a bit behind you, so Ethan's not quite walking yet, but Skippy's suggestion of walker toys (push along ones) might help her get more comfortable with being on two feet. Hooray Miss A is (was) walking!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, she cruises like a champ, barely holds on, more mental than physical I think. Usually just finger tips or just a hand testing on the couch, coffee table, whatever. She has a push toy and loves using it.

I was walking with her, her holding onto my fingers, I let go, and she fell forward, pretty hard, but we were on the carpet, and she just crawled away just fine.

Stands up better than I do (I feel old lately), cruises, walks just fine-so long as she's holding onto something/someone. She stands up without holding onto anything too. I think it must be a confidence thing?

Just took a pic of her while I was typing. She decided to sit in her new (Christmas) chair and read a book (video game booklet).

_2705.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
PT, Ava has come so far, that is great she is so healthy and she is a total beauty!!! She is a strong little girl! I love the pics!!!

FC, I think it just takes time, yay for a few steps though, she will get it in no time. cute chair.

Happy New Year's mommas!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
PT, I got our kitchen from Costco but you can find them on Amazon, it is a Kid Kraft Espresso kitchen. Kid Kraft has lots of fun different kitchens, in white, red, and many more colors!! I hope Ava is sttn soon!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It's official people, we are 1 yrs old!

_2730.jpg

_2731.jpg

_2732.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I made a Nemo cake...now let me just say that I'm no baker...sprinkles & icing sugar was on the floor, cabinets, my slippers and I just found some on top of the microwave but it was so much fun! I was up until 5am working on my masterpiece - Ha ha! Next year I'm going the easy route, it was madness!!! :)

_2733.jpg

_2734.jpg

_2735.jpg

_2736.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy your boys must have grown at least 2 inches since the last time I logged in! Adorable!!! Very impressive gifts from Santa. I want you as a mommy (hee hee!) Our little man is getting a puppy named Henry for Christmas. We pick up Henry this coming Saturday. I can't wait!!!

Parrot Tulips baby Ava is so sweet. I just love her big smile and sassy hairdo. When my baby was in the NICU we were next to a baby named Ava. I wonder if it was you!?

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy - Thanks for the info on the kitchen! I'm thinking it might make a good 2nd birthday gift...

Ello - Love the birthday photos! And the Nemo cake is quite impressive. Even more so since you say you're not a baker. Ava is such a popular name, I'm not surprised there was one in your NICU. It would have been a neat coincidence if we did cross each other's paths, though. You don't happen to be from California...?

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Sadly no, I'm from Toronto - Canada! As you can tell I'm not thrilled with the weather...

_2745.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ELLO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I have been thinking of you and your little one! I am so happy to log in and see your post. I love the cake, fabulous job! awww, he couldn't be more adorable?!

PT, I bet Ava would love a kitchen for her 2nd bday!!!!

I just realized, we have all the NICU/Preemie super stars in this thread! Hugs to you mommas, your baby/babies are rock stars!!! Kunzite, PT, and Ella, am I missing anyone else?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I got to come on here more often to see the toddler pics. They are all super cute.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
A spent a few days in the NICU, but that's nothing like all of these other rockstar babies!

She's walking! Not a lot and it's totally a confidence thing, but we're working on it! Went to physical therapy today and the therapist showed us some things to do with her so we can help build her confidence. It's awesome to see how excited she is about actually walking a few steps.

A couple pics of A. I have no idea what she was so mad about but I loved the pic. And then we were at the ped's for a ear infection follow up. Clean bill of health!

img_0573.jpg

img_431.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results