shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute cake Miracles! Congrats!!!

Burk, yay for binky free! They're all growing up so fast.

China, agree with Burk it's a phase. Amelia went through the same thing and goes back to it from time to time (the clinginess). However, I DID make the decision to only have one child, so what does that tell you? ;))

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Awe China! I bet he looks awesome. Have you posted pics? S desperately needs a haircut. I don't know what to do with her hair anymore. I'm holding out because I can finally comb it back into a ponytail but she has a bunch of flyaways so it ends up looking really messy.

Agreed it's a phase. LOL@ being pregnant. I was thinking maybe you were secretagent ;))

ETA: I'll be gone for a week. We leave Sunday and return on Friday. I'm bummed because we usually have a direct flight and leave overnight. That wouldn't be too bad because I can put S to bed. This time around we leave at 1:30pm and have a 6 hour layover in Atlanta :nono: The whole day, gone.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Burk- Congrats on being binky free!

Fiery- Wait are you guys taking a proper vacation????? :appl: And I haven't taken pictures yet, I can't find my camera. :nono: Well we took pics of the haircut happening with DH's camera but you can't really tell. I will though. If I had a girl I wouldn't have cut it at all! I like his long surfer hair, but my mom convinced me to trim it for the baptism this weekend.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I wish it were a vacation. Then I'd skip the skype and tell Sophia good luck :tongue:

My Director has to go to Madrid to do some work there and wants me to go with her to help translate and work on some projects I have scheduled later on in the year. I'm really excited about going. I'm hoping skype works though so I can say hi to S every day 8)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Fiery - I use Skype so it is honestly simple! My laptop has a built-in microphone and webcam (though I don't use the video option) which makes things easier. You can also use it like a messaging thing which is useful when you are trying to work out who can/can't hear who at the beginning. Let me know via FB if you want to try testing it on me :bigsmile:

Sounds like Sophia has loads of words. I don't think they need to be 'correct' to count. Daisy talks about 'Dot dot' for chocolate but it is VERY obvious what she means. 'Plis' is please, 'dom' is dog etc. I think some of them are cute and use them back so the poor kid will never learn - for example there's a hideous kids programme over here called 'In The Night Garden' which has characters called Upsy Daisy and Makka Pakka amongst others. Daisy has plastic figurines of them all (thanks SMIL...) which are known as Upsa Daiz and Makka Mak - weirdly she can say Daisy fine but not when it's to do with 'Upsa Daiz'.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Tao - of course you would say that! Haha. Today I'm feeling relieved, but then again today I took a look at our bank account balance after repairs on two vehicles, an emergency vet bill, and more Lowes runs than we should have made last week. Yikes. And then George was a little terror tonight, on top of it.

Pave - welcome back! We've been planning on trying next spring or summer.
The Philippines! Wow. Hearing your experiences does help. George's still going to the same daycare so I think that's helped to provide him with some consistency.

Fiery - that's a lot of words for 15 months! I don't think you need to worry.

Question, if you ladies don't mind. Birthday gift ideas for a 3 year old girl? She loves Tinkerbell and airplanes.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it amazes me how much I learn being on PS!!

I hate to break it to y'all, but I'm loving the fact that we're talking about your kids!! Seriously!! Your Kids!!!! Some of you PluraI!!!! I mean...I loved all of you anyway, but it's just so much more rewarding to have this expansion of miraculous-ness. <-------my new word.

It's no secret I love kids. I tend to watch and predict which kid is gonna be more f'ed up (I do my best to prevent), or stronger (I do my best to empower)....because of or in spite of their environment (parenting). :praise: And trust me....I am no damn angel. I did some awful things as a parent....probably more awful to myself than my kid....but whatever....I digress.

Not that it's worth spit, but I am really proud of the PS Moms in here.

You are as supportive now as you were in the engagement process and the wedding planning...and the dress drama's.....and all that foreplay. ;))

Your children are so very lucky to have you for their Mom.

p.s. Pictures of Veda in my WhosWho....

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Pandora-I am sooooo going to test it out on you :bigsmile: I'll let you know when we get it all set up. I just realized I don't have a webcam built in to my work laptop so I need to go out and get one.

Blen-I think TRU sells a couple of dress up tinkerbell stuff that she may really like. Although I'm not sure if the mom will appreciate a bag of fairy dust being thrown all over the house lol.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
pavelover said:
Blenheim
I hope its ok to ask you this as I havent been here for a while- Have a 21 m.o. and baby no 2 decision is one of the things that brought me back here- that and the cute kids here! Im having pangs for no2 but also am scared cause of the work and the fact that dh works alot. What was your original timeline if you don't mind me asking?

Pave welcome back! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering where you were.

I am not Blen, but Hunter is the same age as your LP. We are planning to TTC is about 2-3 months, aiming for a 2.5 - 3 year age difference depending on how long things take. It is scary because things are so great in the family now and our routine so set, interrupting it seems crazy, and there is never a good time for #2 with work it seems. But I think we will stick to our plan.

Blen MOVE IT UP! :bigsmile: I also had a strange month last cycle where I was later and I thought I could be pg and was sad that I was not.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
China A phase for sure! All I can say is DON"T reinforce the screech! As in, don't pickhim up when he does it, instead say "Say please" or "more" of the sign he uses when he wants something, and THEN pick him up. We did this with Hunter when he goes through that and it helps curb the screcching and whining. Of course, when he feels needy I still carry him or give wheat he needs, just not when he acts like a howler monkey.

Fiery Yup, that's plenty of words for her age. It will explode soon I bet. One day, she will just start saying 10 a day or something. I think HUnter is over 50 or up to even 100 now. We cannot count, he can basically say whatever word now. And he did not even say "mama" until 14 months.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, we use skype all the time (Jacks and Des just skyped with me and Robbie the other day), and I don't have a webcame built in to my computer either, so we had to get an external one, but it's still simple! If you need any help, just ask!

China, we're dealing with the same thing over here. Jacks has these periods where he is just all about me, and he runs to me whining, literally clings to me as I try to do something like make dinner, etc. I've found it's actually worse if I go somewhere for a little while then come back unfortunately. Some days I seriously feel like I'm losing my mind (like after stepping on him because he came up behind me when I was at the fridge getting something and not realizing it, so then he's screaming because I stepped on him and knocked him over as well as me tripping, etc.), so hopefully it's a short lived phase.

Blen, move it up! I want to live vicariously through as many pregnant people as I can =)

I'm currently reading Happiest Toddler on the Block, and I do find it interesting. It makes sense, although I think I'd feel weird using the 'toddlerese' in public. But basically the book is only about how to diffuse tantrums. I'm sure that I will need that in the future, but I'm still looking for a more general parenting toddler book. But for those of you who are dealing with out of control tantrums currently, it might be a good read.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Dreamer for the warm welcome. tyler is doing great. things are at a really fun stage now and I agree with you. I wonder if I am crazy messing up what already is working? It's a tough decision for me and I know we will make the right one for us. Its awfully hard to sort out those biological baby pangs from rational thought of cost, stress, less time divided by two kids instead of one blah blahblah.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Happy happiest birthday to Janinegirly's daughter, who is TWO today! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And happiest anniversary wishes to Janinegirly and MR. Janinegirly!

Sept 29 must be your day! :cheeky:

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
ChinaCat said:
Happy happiest birthday to Janinegirly's daughter, who is TWO today! :appl: :appl: :appl:

And happiest anniversary wishes to Janinegirly and MR. Janinegirly!

Sept 29 must be your day! :cheeky:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :appl: :appl: :appl:

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I am SO jealous. We are still working on PTing so I am waiting on the binky removable. NOT looking forward to that. If T still sleeps on a crib how does she go potty in the middle of the night.

Janine, hope you had a great day! How cool she was born on your anni!

MR, LOVE her cake!

Blen, T is turning 3 so I can tell you what she would like ;)) Anything princess or fairy including but not limited to dress-up clothes, shoes (those plastic heels), wands, jewelry, purses, barbies, movies, ect. She also loves play food and stuff for her kitchen. She also adores art and crafts stuff.

Fiery, how exciting! I went out of the country for a week in March and it was rough. I did miss her but I had a WAY better time than if I took her. Plus since your trip is a work thing you can always blame work when you really are missing her. It will be okay!

Hi to all the other mamas. I am so behind...as usual.

My T story of the week...I went to pick her up from preschool yesterday and I was at a stop sign. An older guy drove in and she said, "Mama, who is that man?"
"I don't know Tessa."
"Is he someone's daddy?"
"Could be!"
"Daddy likes green"
"Really?"
"And mommy likes water."
"I do! What do you like to drink?"
"Milk! White milk!"

Gotta love toddler conversations! :love:

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Janine, Happy b-day to C! Hope it was the best day for all involved!

Tacori, just precious. I love/miss that age. So innocent and new...now, not so much haha. P can be sneaky at times to get her way and I wonder where she comes up with it. I know you will, but I have to say enjoy it! I keep a small journal of things that P has said that made me laugh or cry...it helps me to remember and cherish!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far. After Axel wakes up from his nap we'll be heading over to SIL's to celebrate MIL's b-day. DH is over there now making hors d'oeuvres...yumm

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
PJ, I always mean to write them done but life gets in the way. Someday I will copy this thread. Wish we could just download it or something easier than cut and paste.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring said:
PJ, I always mean to write them done but life gets in the way. Someday I will copy this thread. Wish we could just download it or something easier than cut and paste.

Tacori, my husband set Daisy up an email account when she was born and we email her about milestones or things she says or does that are amusing.

It's so much easier just to write a short email than have to look out a journal and write an entry for some reason...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, that is a great idea!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Tacori-that is the cutest story :lol:

PJ-hope the b-day celebrations were fun!

Pan-that's a really great idea!

I copied all of the preggo posts into a blog. I just need to go in there and edit. Then I'll order a book. I think it'll be fun for her to read later on in life. It'll print pictures too.

ETA: Now I don't know if the trip is happening or not. My director fractured her ankle on Thursday while out of town. I have no idea if she'll be allowed to travel. If she doesn't travel, I'm not sure if she'll reschedule/cancel/or send someone else in her place. We shall see.

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Pandora, good idea! I am so old fashioned in many ways esp when it comes to preserving memories...I still scrapbook and keep items (candle/fake flowers from first b-day cake, hat/blanket from hospital, etc) sealed up from memorable events and so 'journaling' was natural for me. I love looking through aged papers, books, etc that my mom's kept. :))

Fiery, is that a good thing if you don't get to go? I don't remember if you're dreading or looking fwd to an international trip...either way, I hope your boss ankle heals!

B-day was as fun as a b-day for MIL can be... :Up_to_something: SIL was trying to fill up Axel with juice :rolleyes: ... what is it with people wanting to give kids juice? Why does it bring them so much joy. I told her he doesn't need it and of course she proceeded to fill a cup for him after I turn my back. There are other ways to bond with kids besides over cookies and juice! Vent over.

The kids are playing "let's get sick" musical chairs. Axel cannot catch a break although his rash did heal up quickly. Guess that's what happens when you have a sibling in school. On the bright side, the weather is cooler and gorgeous so we get to spend a lot of time outside. .

Where the mommies at? :wavey:
and what is everyone dressing up LO as for Halloween??

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, that is a great story!! They continue to get better. Just wait until she teaches you something you didn't know. It's very impressive. (Or in my case, actually makes me quit smoking cold turkey).

Blen: I have no idea what acronyms you are using. ACK!!

I'm loving the stories from all of you...Tgal, Fiery, Pandora, Chinacat, Burk...everyone is growing up so fast.

The day after Veda's b-day, I was dying from back pain. We thought I just had a back strain from my wakeboarding accident in August, but it turns out after my MRI last week, that I had a compression fx of my 2nd lumbar vertabrae. I probably shouldn't have been holding, transporting and running after Veda to get pictures of her on her b-day. So now I can't pick Veda up for at least 6-8 weeks and it is killllllllling me worse than the back pain. I want to pick her up so much it hurts. :blackeye:

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hi toddler mamas! :wavey:

Just popping in to ask a question. What month did you wean your baby off night feeds? (if not STTN, that is)

My baby is 10 1/2 months and wakes at around 2:30 every night for a feed. I'm not sure if it's because she really needs it, or because of habit. Just wondering if babies of her age can typically go 11 hours without a feed, or whether I should still be feeding her.

Thanks!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Sha - is she on formula or breastmilk? That can make a difference. 10 months is certainly old enough to go all night. K was going I think 9 hours by 6 months, and 10-11 hours shortly after that. He was formula fed.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sha said:
Hi toddler mamas! :wavey:

Just popping in to ask a question. What month did you wean your baby off night feeds? (if not STTN, that is)

My baby is 10 1/2 months and wakes at around 2:30 every night for a feed. I'm not sure if it's because she really needs it, or because of habit. Just wondering if babies of her age can typically go 11 hours without a feed, or whether I should still be feeding her.

Thanks!

Hunter was EBF and I night weaned him at 9 months, took about 2 nights of CIO with night two only taking one wake up. He was waling 3-4 times a night at that time. He was fine after that and slept for 12 hours ever since! Big sign for me that he was ready was that he a) did not nurse much when we woke and b) if he did nurse more, he was not interested in nursing when he woke because he was not hungry. Those two things seem to suggest a night feed was not needed.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your comments, Mustangal and Dreamer. Dalila gets breastmilk at nights. I'm not sure if it's habit or hunger yet because she does eat readily when I offer her the breast. I'm thinking she could perhaps go longer stretches, though, because last night she went from 8:30- 5 am without waking. If I do wean her from her nightfeed in the next two weeks she'll actually be around 11 months.

I'd love to hear any other comments/experiences with nightweaning..

Thanks!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Sha--
DD was EBF and I weaned her of the middle of the night snack around 9 months.
Like Dreamer's Hunter, it took 2 nights of CIO and that was it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
my doctor told me he wanted to see T sleep through the night at 6 months. She did. She would go 12 hours which was blissful!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
sha, it actually sounds like it might be out of habit only because you said she can go longer and the consistent waking at the same time every night sounds like it's just her clock telling her to wake up for milk. i *think* she is capable of sleeping longer stretches at 11 months, but all kids are different.

hi mommies!!! super busy packing for the happiest place on earth. take care!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW I forgot it was picture day today and my child looked homeless. No joke. Oh well. Maybe the teacher took pity and brushed her hair for me.

MR, my MIL had bladder surgery (twice) and still can't really lift T. Take CARE of yourself!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results