shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
jas12: congrats and you are amazing to have made it through that labor with no drugs...I can't even imagine. How great that it is a girl especially with all the signs that it would be a boy!! Glad to hear Co is adjusting well.

puffy: sounds like #3 is not far away ;-).

qtiekiki: party will be great with all the planning! I love your new photo! Can't believe you're back at work.....

tacori: I have to see photos of the cut! It's prob on FB but I haven't been on in awhile. How's she handling daycare-preschool?

mrssalvo/burk: yay on potty training!!

CC: we have the Cozy Coupe and it's a hit. It's mostly outside and I think at 1 it may be more of a push toy (rather than then using their feet) but it's a great choice.

fiery: tippy toe walking is very common and normal. C did it for awhile--don't worry!

Things are good here...took C to the beach. She is such a princess, had her chair, umbrella, sun suit, shoes, glasses, tent, snacks fed by me and cousins playing and catering to her (cousins are aged 9 and 11). She loved the sand and kept saying "no trees, no trucks" or "beeech" (she pronouces things with a french accent sometimes!). The water however was not such a hit. Water was cold and she was not too enthused. Oh well, we'll take it slow and try again!

What is funny though is she seems to think she is the same age as her cousins. They travel together holding hands (one on each side of C) and actually play well together (I was surprised with the age gap). Meanwhile when a younger baby approaches (random one on beach or at store) she thinks they are goofy and wants to get away or makes a scrunchy face at them! Meanwhile she's smaller than them! lol.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12 congrats again woman! You are a trooper!

MrsS, yay for the potty! Let us know how it continues to go.

Fiery, you can wait, but ask the ped too. They say barefoot is best as much as possible, but when you DO go out and put shoes on her, get stable, supportive sneakers and try them. It will be harder for her to walk on her toes then. I like stride rite sneakers.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Blen, he would love that firetruck. I will go search out the Awesome Toy Thread.

JAS12- You are such a trooper. Yay for a little girl. :love:

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~Congrats again lady! I agree with the others, superwomen!! Sounds like Co is a pro big brother! T was also very obsessed with BFing....she tried to BF her dolls on a few occasions! Are you guys in your new house?

Mrss~Yay for Jake!! I'm so not looking forward to all the potty breaks we'll have to take when we're on our way to the lake in a few weeks. Diapers have their advantages! :praise:

QT~Can't wait to see pics of the party!

Janine~C sounds too funny! Glad you had fun at the beach!

China~We have the Cozy Coupe too. Big hit.

Fiery~Welcome over!! I would give S some time. She's still young.

Sorry to everyone I'm missing. We have our housewarming party this weekend and I have VB camp next week so I'm just crazy busy trying to get house stuff in order as well as camp stuff...especially since DH has to go OOT for business unexpectedly so I have to organize babysitters overlap/transportation for all of next week. Yuck. Hope everyone is doing great!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Jas12~Congrats again lady! I agree with the others, superwomen!! Sounds like Co is a pro big brother! T was also very obsessed with BFing....she tried to BF her dolls on a few occasions! Are you guys in your new house?

Mrss~Yay for Jake!! I'm so not looking forward to all the potty breaks we'll have to take when we're on our way to the lake in a few weeks. Diapers have their advantages! :praise:

QT~Can't wait to see pics of the party!

Janine~C sounds too funny! Glad you had fun at the beach!

China~We have the Cozy Coupe too. Big hit.

Fiery~Welcome over!! I would give S some time. She's still young.

Sorry to everyone I'm missing. We have our housewarming party this weekend and I have VB camp next week so I'm just crazy busy trying to get house stuff in order as well as camp stuff...especially since DH has to go OOT for business unexpectedly so I have to organize babysitters overlap/transportation for all of next week. Yuck. Hope everyone is doing great!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, my girls would try to BF their dolls when I was nursing Jake too. my hubby is heading out of town too and next week is going to be just crazy. girls have VBS at church on top of our normal busy schedule. I must admit that I love all the activity. I'd be bored stiff if we were home all the time :wacko:

in jake news, the potty think is very touch and go. some days he'll ask to go and other days he doesn't want to. so i just take him when he asks. once in a while I'll ask him if he wants to go and do whatever he says. I did buy one of the mini potty seats to put on the toilet. it's a "Cars" theme and he totally loves it. He woke us this morning calling for me and when I got to his room he was straddling the top rail of his crib, looked at me and said "stuck." I'm actually surprised he hasn't tried to crawl out before now and wondering how much longer I'm going to be able to keep him in there.

so sorry I don't have more time to respond to everyone. I"m still not used to the new PS and haven't had time to really sit down and learn how to navigate it. will do so soon though. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey mamas! We have been in Ohio since the 2nd. The other night T wanted to go home so badly she grabbed my car keys and was begging to go home. :cry: She IS having fun, going to the beach, walks, LOTS of ice cream, but I think she just misses her own space, beds, and toys. I got to sneak away to Columbus for a few days to stay with a friend and my SIL. I enjoyed my time away but I did mostly school work (I am taking an online class). I got my grades back from my first summer session. I did well so I feel better about this whole grad school thing. Haha. I am so behind but wanted to check in. I will post some new pics when I get back!

Jas12, Congrats again!!! I am so excited you have a little girl. Not sure if you saw on FB but I share a birthday with Kate ;)) Actually, it is a good birthday since it is 6 months from x-mas. I like holidays spaced out.

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Operation Chuck E Cheese birthday party complete! Kids had a blast and P is at a perfect age to play most of the games and can finally play ski ball, yay. Our entire family was there so Axel got passed around the whole time and DH and I took advantage of that and played some competition basketball shooting, just being kids ourselves for a little while hehe. There was also a huge glass booth called the Ticket Blaster that every birthday child gets to go in for 30 seconds and catch as many tickets as they can while it blows around like a tornado. That was cool! P got a Hello Kitty cake and a bajillion presents. All in all a great 5th birthday. I hope she remembers it forever.

Axel was mesmerized with the huge animatronic Chuck E robot on stage... this pic makes me laugh. His little mouth open it's like he was thinking, "what............is....that."

chucke.JPG

ticketblaster.JPG

ax.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hilarious: My boys have taken to waking up too early in the morning (5:30) and naptime (2:30). That's not the hilarious part. Somehow, if we go in and say, "It's not time to get up, go back to sleep," they always sleep for another hour. Only an hour, but it counts.

A very belated extra congrats to Jas12. You are, as I've said before, a trooper and my birthing hero!
Welcome back Tacori!
Mrs. S -- yea on potty training!
PenelopeJane -- You win my Mommy Award for getting through more than 12 minutes at Chuck E. Cheese without throttling someone. Those photos are A-Dor-Able!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
tacori glad you did well on your classes!! hope you enjoy your break

pj cute cute pics!!!

hi to all my other favorite mommies!! take care!

just super quick....was away at disneyland with the kiddos. they had a blast but i was POOPED!! haha. B loves disneyland and did everything and loves all the characters. N had a great time looking around...he loved it so much that he missed his naps and did surprisingly well for a 7 month old who was awake for more than 6 hours! i thought for sure i would be in for it, but he was so good. B loves the disneyland hotel, he even asked to stay there next time when we go back. we usually stay at another disney hotel but he really loved this one for their pool i think. both of them loved the shows and the fireworks. they were both wonderful on the plane. N slept through the entire thing, it's only a 1 hour flight, and B just watched his DVDs. and they are both in bed for their regular routine...i am such a lucky mommy!! but now i have to get organized and clean up then relax for a bit, hopefully.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Popping in quickly because I've got family in town, but I'll try to catch up later.

ChinaCat said:
EB- Would you recommend the car you got Henry? Looks pretty cool.

Yes, yes, yes! He LOVES it. We use it all around the neighborhood, and he even enjoys just going up and down the driveway. Huge thumbs up!

Here it is at the Step2 website. I felt safest ordering it here since an older model was recalled (the issue was found and quickly fixed):

http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1155

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
PJ
Yay for a great bday party. So funny that Axel was mesmerized by the electronic Chuck-E because Meena was too when we went to a bday party there (she was 15 months then). Love the pictures of you guys. Hot mama, cute kids.

Puffy
You have wonderful childrens. I wish mines were, especially with sleep.
Disneyland sounds fun. We have to get on it, and take M because she is obsessed with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Jas
An hour is an hour. I am happy when I get to sleep until 7am on weekend nowadays. hehe.

Tacori
Welcome back. Yay for good grades.
It's funny how much the little ones miss their room. When we got back from our weekend trip, Meena ran into her room and was so happy. haha.

MrsS
I am surprise that Jake hasn't climbed out yet since he is such a climber.

Burk
See you when you get back from camp.

We are taking the kids to swimming this evening. Hope they like it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thank you PJ, MG, QT, Janine, TGal, and Burk for your tips and suggestions!

MrsS-yay for Jake peeing in the potty

Janine-haha on the beach trip! That’s really cute that she likes playing with the older kids. S also loves older kids, especially loves seeing them run around and climb on things.

Burk-when is your housewarming? Is it this weekend or did it already pass? I hate that I can’t see the dates when people post! Either way I hope it was/is a blast!

Tacori-Awe poor T. Are you guys home yet?

PJ-Cute pictures! I loved chuck e cheese as a kid lol

Jas-I cannot imagine waking up at 5:30am with one, let alone two!

Puffy-yay for Disneyland! I’m glad to hear B loved it. We keep making plans to take S to Disney and then canceling because it’s way too hot.

Qt-have fun at swimming!

Sophia had her 12 month appointment this morning. She is in the 75th %ile all across the board: 22lbs 5.8oz, 30.5". Pedi said we can go ahead and switch over to whole milk but said only 16oz. That seems so little compared to what she gets with formula (24-28oz). I feel like she's going to need more especially since she's STILL not eating regular table food :rolleyes: He wasn't concerned with the way she's standing, told me to relax a bit and we'll talk about it at her 15 month appt.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Quick question - now that it's summer, what do you ladies do about screen doors and preventing toddlers from pushing on them and falling out. DH replaced our latch so that it locks from the inside but the problem is if someone goes outside without C (ie another adult is in house with her). She has figured out how to open the latch and did trip out once but luckily was very minor. Not sure how to prevent this other than keep the main door closed at all times.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
fiery
Is Sophia eating three solid meals a day and snacks in between? I think that's what my pedi said M should be eating at 12 months. M barely drinks any milk (maybe only 12 oz or so), and she is doing fine.

Janine
No advice for you. We have a steel security sliding door. I can see M pushing her face onto a screen door if we had one.

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Jas, hahaha thanks! We were there for 4 hours and it was actually not crowded. Only about 4 or 5 other families there the whole time. Towards the end when we left it started filling up and I was glad to get out of there. 5:30 (or 6:30 for that matter) is way too early for me. Axel has been waking up once a night for 4 nights now. He is majorly teething so haven't implemented a plan to get him back on track. Just been plugging him with a paci and that solves it for now.

Puffy, thank you, your boys sound so great! What a breeze. So glad they had such a good time. I grew up in So. California and my favorite memories are those at Disneyland. I think there's something special about Disney and I can't wait to share it with Axel. We've been many times with P and it gets better and better. The last time we went in Feb, she rode Big Thunder Mountain for the first time and LOVED it. Went on it 3 x that day. Splash Mountain was down for maintenance so the next time we go that is at the top of our list. Hope you're kickin your feet up and relaxing now.

Qt, thanks mama! This age is so funny cause you know they understand things, but cannot grasp the concept of pretend/fantasy world yet....like big huge rats dancing on stage! Hope J&M really enjoy the water. My fav time to go swimming is evening or early early morning.

Hi fiery, thanks, we grew up at Chuck E. Cheese's and loved it, too!! Mickey and Chuckie.....guess I had a fondness of mice growing up hehe. You've been shying away from going because of the heat, too, huh? Are we completely insane for thinking about going to Animal Kingdom this Sat???

Janine, no advice either, but hope that you find a solutions soon.

Tacori, there's no place like home, but enjoy yourself...you deserve it!

MrsS, uh oh, is a toddler bed in your future??

Burk, how was the housewarming party? Hope you made it out in 1 piece.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Lots of new toddlers over here. Welcome, Ebree, Fiery, and China!

G had a couple of appointments on Tuesday. The GOOD news is that the ophthamologist says that he's getting better with patching (eye's still wandering, but not as frequently and it snaps back into place sooner) and so rather than going to surgery for right now, he wants us to keep patching and follow up in 10 weeks. Yay! Since he is still having some problems I thought it was surgery for sure. Also saw the pediatrician for his 15 month. He's 85th percentile for height, 45th for weight, and 50th for head - just where he's been. The ped also said that boys tend to talk later than girls and that they're really only expecting 1-2 words at 15 months, which I was sure to tell DH all about within earshot of my SIL... she keeps going on about how G is never going to talk and all the other babies she knows were talking in full sentences by his age, and I've been getting more than annoyed. Fortunately MIL has told her that the mommies of all of those other babies probably don't have all that accurate memories if that's what they're claiming. :Up_to_something:

Daycare sent him home with a fever today, and by this evening it was 102 with Tylenol (generic, whatever that's called). Poor little man.

Tacori - enjoy your trip!

Burk - hope the homewarming party went well!

PJ - I agree that Chucky Cheese is not my idea of fun, but that's great that you were able to enjoy it!

Fiery - George wasn't eating that much at 12 months. We offered 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, but he usually didn't want to eat very much. He's really started eating a lot more in the last couple of months.

MrsS - OMG, I think it may be time for a big boy bed.

Janine - that sounds so cute! Glad you guys are enjoying the beach.

Jas - LOL, I wish that we could get G to go back to sleep that way.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
blen poor little G...hope he feels better real soon. but that is great news for no surgery!!

pj i love disneyland!! i wish i grew up in so cal. i'm in nor cal so not too far. hope the kiddies are doing well!

burk hope the housewarming went well. how are the kiddies doing?

qt M would love disneyland!! you guys are close by right? if i was close to disneyland, i would be there every weekend. haha!! yes, i am totally blessed with 2 easy boys...i know and so thankful for it. how are your 2 doing?

fiery sophia sounds like she is doing fine. i would give her the 16 oz and if she seems like she wants more, then offer a bit more. disneyland was super hot when we were there, but not as hot as it usually is. i'm sure sophia would love it now or later. i try to take the boys often cause it's a treat for me too. haha.

hope everyone is having a wonderful week.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Qt-she is eating 3 meals and gets snacks here and there but we should be better with offering snacks. Right now she consistently gets a yogurt and some cereal for breakfast, a lunch of meat (usually chicken) with 4 or 5 veggies for lunch, and some leftover lunch plus fruit for dinner. For snacks its usually things like puffs when she asks for it, yogurt melts, fruit, cheese, or another yogurt.

We are weaning her off of bottles during the day but she still gets a bottle when she wakes (which I think we can eliminate and just use a sippy) and a bottle for bed. It's the bed time bottle I'm most worried about getting rid of :errrr: She goes down to bed awake but the bottle is definitely part of her routine before bed so it'll be interesting switching from that to a sippy.

PJ-If you go this weekend, have fun!! We went to the Miami Zoo recently and felt like we were going to melt in this heat :knockout: The good thing about the Disney parks is that there are a lot of inside things to do that can help the kids cool off or restaurants you can hang out in so it shouldn't be too bad! We're not too worried about Sophia since she loves water and keeps herself cool. We were more worried about us :lol: :wink2:

Blen-that's beautiful news about following up in 10 weeks :appl: I've heard from a lot of moms that boys tend to talk later but develop physically faster than girls. Sophia says a lot of words but has been very slow with her physical development. I don't think she'll be walking for a few more months and she started crawling/pulling to stand at 10 months.

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Puffy, I liked being close, but like No. Cali even more. It's just beautiful there. Kiddos are great, sleeping like logs right now hehe.

Blen, that is really excellent news!

Fiery, no worries...the bottle thing will aaaaall work out in time. Baby steps. :) Oh, I bet Sophia loved the zoo! See, my original plan was to go to the zoo in Brevard or Tampa cause a friend of mine sent me an email about those 2 having specials like $5 tickets or free after 5pm. DH was like no way are we driving to either/or just to see some animals and save a few bucks and suggested Animal Kingdom since it's closer and has animals as well. Then we were thinking about how crowded AK is gonna be since it's prime time for tourists/kids out of school. So, we ended up going to Sea World today...the perfect medium.

Axel pointed and grunted excitedly at all the animals, esp the penguins. P has Happy Feet at home and when I ask where the penguins are he gets the DVD box and hugs it haha. Spent a lot of time in Shamu's Happy Harbor where there kid rides, 4 stories of play, and water area for them to get soaked and cool off. We were pleasantly surprised to find that the park wasn't crowded so we got good parking and no wait time for rides. Yay. Everyone is passed out now and I will follow suit shortly.

Have my BFF's baby shower to attend and P officially turns 5 tomorrow. Should be a good day.

Here's Shamu coming after Axel. (Insert grunt here)

PIC-32.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI All,
I have no time to respond to everyone but did get to at least read and catch up!! sounds like everyone is doing well.

Jake is now napping in the toddler bed but still wants to sleep in his crib which is fine with me. we are going out of town for a week and I didn't really want to worry about the full transition until I get home. school starts here the first week of Aug. which is insanely early but the girls seem excited to go back and see their friends.

hope everyone has a fantastic sunday!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
So there are rumors that T's daycare might go out of business. I am going to TRY not to worry about it until it happens. Everywhere else seems to have a waiting list but I am sure something will work out. The cutest thing happened tonight (I mentioned it on FB). I ALWAYS ask T about her day and what she did at school. So after she told me the basics she looked at me and in the sweetest, clearest voice, she asked me "what did you do?" :love: So I told her and she was listening attentively and smiling. Heart exploded. Of course later she was doing this bratty grunting she must have learned at daycare. I just absorbed the good moments and block out the bad.

Hope everyone is doing well. It is HOT here.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
tacori.lol with the bratty grunting--that is hilarious (in light of heart exploding moment just prior).

that sounds like a very sweet moment b/ween you and T. :love: ...I'm amazed how such little beings can be our best friends already.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Tacori-that is soooo sweet :love: :love: :love:

So we found the key to getting Sophia to eat non-pureed food: cheese :sick:

We usually make her a pureed mix of chicken ( :knockout: ), about 4 veggies, and some sort of starch/carbs (rice, noodles, potatoes, etc.) She refused to eat it unless it's pureed. Well today R (he was on a 3 day vacay) put cheese on top of everything, let it melt, and served it to her that way without pureeing it. She ate the whole thing. No gagging or anything :appl:

How bad is cheese to their tummies? We're thinking maybe we can do it this way and slowly take away the cheese so she doesn't have so much. WDYT? Or maybe there are other sauces we can try? She doesn't do well with tomato sauce.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
First Birthday Party Advice?

Fiery- Popping in for a different reason, but saw your post on cheese. O LOVES cheese and we admittedly sometimes give him more than the rec daily amount. Only thing I notice is that sometimes it makes him constipated, so when that happens I cut it way back for awhile. Just my experience though.

BTDT Mommas- First Birthday Party Advice?

I realize in reading a few current threads where preggos are asking for advice that everytime I read advice on here from a few of you and ignored it, I always regretted it. :oops: Soooo, with that in mind, I am asking for your advice so I can avoid overdoing it.

O's first birthday is coming up. I don't want to do nothing, but I am not having a children's birthday party. I am not renting a bounce house or having a theme. I want it to be easy and low-key and fun.

What did you do that worked well and what do you wish you did or did not do?

Am thinking of doing an "open house" for 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon. We will have snacks and probably cupcakes. Maybe a few balloons and some flowers. Definitely drinks for the adults.

A few friends have older kids (like 2 years old). I was thinking about putting O's toys out in a specific room, and then having bubbles and sidewalk chalk for outside.

My general hope is that people come by, have a beer, "look" at O and go. The invites are to our friends (not to the kids) and family.

Sound reasonable? Issues I'm not seeing? TIA!

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
MrsS, yay for Jake napping in the big boy bed!!!

Tacori, your post made my heart melt. She is getting big, sitting and having a conversation with you. It gets better and better. :))

Fiery, glad you found something she likes! I wouldn't worry about it, they go through phases, loves something and eats only that, then days, weeks, months later will want nothing to do with it. And she's not JUST eating cheese...you said it's sprinkled on top of other foods, so I wouldn't worry at all about it unless she shows signs of it upsetting her. That's huge though that she went from eating ONLY puree to eating many solids in one day. Success. :praise:

China, the idea for your party sounds perfect for keeping it a low-key event. We did Axel's party at a local park, provided food/drink for everyone and older kids played on the playground. No party favors or balloons, but had cute plates/napkins. The only thing I wish we hadn't done was make so much FOOD food. Snacks and finger foods would've been better. And although you said the invites are made out to your friends and not the kids, I'd just count on them bringing the kids and plan accordingly in terms of snack availability and drinks appropriate for them.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't think I went over board with T's 1st party but I do love me a theme party. I did a halloween party since she was born so close and it was on the same weekend. We just had the party at our house and there were more adults than kids. I believe I posted pics in the old mommy thread. I got cute plates, cups, table cloth and made pumpkin shape ham & cheese sandwiches using pie crust (HUGE hit and I did them in animal shapes the next year) and "mummies" which were turkey dogs with crescent roll as the bandages. Also had chips, salsa, queso, hummus, veggie tray...think that was it. I might have made spinach dip too. Oh, and LOTS of halloween theme cupcakes.

Regrets: over thinking the goody bags. We had a huge age range and I wanted them to be halloween related. I spent too much time and money and just should have done one thing for everyone regardless of age. The second year I only gave the little kids (under 5) goody bags. It was an animal theme so they had little animal stuffed animals from IKEA, bubbles in the shape of an animal, and an animal rubber duckie (both from oriental trading co).

Making 3 dozen cupcakes. It took us HOURS and HOURS to decorate them and most adults didn't even eat one!

PJ, cute pic! It does get better and better in MOST ways.

Janine, it was a sweet moment. Might have been our first conversation about life (not wants or needs).

fiery, what is wrong with cheese? If you found a way to get her to eat RUN with it! T loves pesto if you are looking for more ideas.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
China-no BTDT advice just yet as we haven't had her party (it's next Sunday). Unfortunately, it's a lot bigger than what I would have liked but that's ok. It's hard to have an outdoor bbq party in SFL without it being big :tongue: Your plan sounds great!!

We aren't really doing a theme. It'll be pink/green/white with some butterflies thrown here and there since MIL jumped the gun and bought some stuff.

We haven't decided on the bounce house just yet. We have one rented and have until Sunday to change our mind. I'm leaning towards keeping it. The shelter is very, very close to the playground but I don't like the idea of the kids at the playground. I've seen some parents go to a party and expect the hosts to keep an eye on their children and God forbid one of them gets lost :blackeye: We may keep it just to keep the kiddos close.

We'll also have a small cage...I mean play area :Up_to_something: as there will be 5 1-year-olds.

We're renting 2 4-seater bicycles as this park has an awesome bike trail.

I'm not too worried about goody bags. I've been to so many b-day parties this year and what has worked for kids is a bag of candy (piñata style but we're not doing a piñata). I'm throwing some candy into pink/green/white paper bags with a sticker in the front that says Sophia's birthday.

So yeah...a lot more than we were originally expecting :errrr:

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Penelope, Tacori and Fiery for your thoughts!

Fiery- I should clarify. IF I was inviting a ton of kids and IF I was doing more of a real kid's birthday party like you are, then I would definitely provide some entertainment like a bouncer or something. But O doesn't really have "friends" yet, so I am more inviting OUR friends and a few have kids they may bring. So it's a different vibe. Btw, S's party sounds so fun!!!! Wish O and I could come. :cheeky: So I'm not doing favors or anything.

Tacori- I had to laugh at you saying making cupcakes took forever, only b/c there is NO WAY I would ever attempt to make my own. I don't have the time and I CAN'T BAKE. At all. DH is the baker in the family! :bigsmile:

Posted this on the Awesome Toy Thread but heard that TRU and Target are doing some Christmas in July sales this weekend. Don't know what is on sale, but may be worth checking out. Target is doing a "Black Friday" thing but it's online only. I think TRU is both online and in store and is all weekend. Just FYI!

I have some questions about which toys to get O, but will post on the toy thread.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
China, I totally cheated and used box mixes. I did homemade frosting at least. My mom helped me and we had a blast decorating them. There are pictures in the cupcake thread...I think... :confused: I am really thinking about having her b-day party NOT at home this year. Since she is in school and has tons more friends I think it may be easier. Not sure I want 100 people at my house for a 3 year old's party. KWIM? We will still do cupcakes though! Not sure what the theme will be. I am guessing little Miss Diva will decide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results