shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
jas12, sending dust your way. I check here everyday to see if there is any update. I hope that baby gets tired of baking and decides to come out soon. speaking of baking, maybe you should try tgals method and bake a choc. cake?
3.gif
If anything you''d at least end up with a yummy cake..hehe...

burk-sending hugs to you too!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Jas12 -- I also keep checking to see if the LO has decided today is the day! I second the suggestion of chocolate cake. However, spicy noodles and a sip of port did it for me...

Burk -- hugs, hon.

TGal -- hooray for bear hugs for Amelia!

Hi Mommies!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks jas, mrss, Penelope, jas12, and snlee!! Thankfully things are slowly improving!

Jas12~Lots of labor dust to you lady!! I cannot possibly imagine being that overdue a second time. You''re a stronger woman than I am!
40.gif
T totally went through the questioning everything phase (and still does it just not as insistently as before). Fun. And look forward to the many, many questions you''ll be answering about the little sibbling, bfing, ect. Good times!
3.gif

K seems to be doing better. Upped the meds for reflux, started mixing his bottles 50/50 with BM and the formula that is corn and dairy free (just to be on the safe sine because I''m never positive I haven''t messed up my diet-especially with the corn b/c it''s hidden EVERYWHERE) so hopefully he''ll feel like himself soon. He''s already himself during the day, back to being easy going and smiley so that''s good..now if we could translate that to night as well life would be good!
9.gif

Oh, and I took this pic of T''s hair this morning before we left for the pool (said on the hair cutting thread I should). I love her curls and am so worried if I cut it they''ll be cut out. It''s long, though, and could probably finally use a trim!

thair.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas12, bake girlfriend! I''m so excited for you!

Burk, real quick, I have to take a pic of A''s hair sometime. The back of her hair is almost like T''s (not as long though). You go first...cut it and see if it still stays curly, because I''m holding off cutting A''s hair for the same reason!!!
3.gif

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Burk, glad to hear the little guy is getting better! My niece (SIL's daughter) had the same kind of blonde hair as T's (except it grew out in a mullet...and SIL let it grow for a loooong time). Once they cut it, the curls were gone forever. Not saying that that will definitely happen to your T, but judging from the pic she has very pretty hair for a toddler--love the natural layers--and it isn't terribly long so if you'll miss the curls it wouldn't hurt to wait a while to get it cut. We kept Penelope's hair long while getting regular trims but got it cut short (a bob) a few months ago because it was a tangled mess every morning, plus she had been begging us for a good 6 months to get it cut that short. Do you or DH have curly hair?

I'm having a hard time maintaining Axel's hair.. it's super straight. Haven't touched the top or back, but have had to give him regular trims above the ears and that's hard to do. I have no idea how to cut hair either. And when he started growing hair, only the sides above his ears were growing/getting long and I was terrified of cutting it so he was forced to look like an old, bald wise man with long strands on the sides for a long time. Bad mommy. I need to find a picture of it.

Jas12, any day now!!!
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12
Awww....I thought for sure you'd be holding your bebe by now.
You just bake them well.
And speaking of bake....get your butt moving on some tasty treats!
Hope you are holding your little one before the end of the week.

Hehe....Co is just too cute and smart.

Burk
Glad to hear that K is doing better w/ the upped medication.
Bummer about T's asthma flare up
7.gif

Hope you all get some much needed relief.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~Take a pic of A''s hair!! I wanna see!
9.gif
I''m still holding off.....I''ll let you know if I toughen up and cut it.

Penelope~What happened to your niece is exactly why I''ve been too chicken to cut it! Same thing happened to my sister when my mom cut her hair when she was little and my mom regrets cutting it! That''s cute that P asked to cut her hair! DH and I both have pretty wavy hair. I am guessing that T''s curl would stick around but who knows.

lili~Thanks! How are you and J?

Hi everyone else!! Hope everyone has a great Father''s Day with daddies and kiddos. Unfortunately ours is going to be put on hold. My grandfather passed away yesterday. It''s been pretty crazy around here since I got the call.

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Burk, I''m so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts. HUGS

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock

Just popping in to wish all of our DH a Happy Father''s Day!

Jas12, I hope you are holding your baby right now.

Burk, I''m so, so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Burk: I''m very sorry for your loss.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Burk, I''m very sorry for your loss. Hugs.

Jas12, hope you''re holding your baby now! Can''t wait to hear some news!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk
I''m so so sorry for your loss.
My deepest condolences.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I am so sorry. What a sad father''s day, but I feel glad that your grandfather no longer is in pain. I wish strength and comfort for your family.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk
I am so sorry for your loss.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Burk--i am really so sorry to hear about your grandfather. ****hugs***** to you and the whole family

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
hate to disappoint, but i have no baby news . Just 41 weeks +2 days of pregnancy fun. woot woot (insert heavy heavy sarcasm)

Overall feeling pretty good, but i have bouts when i am really emotional. My dad left this morning for work in another province. He''ll fly home next month to see the baby but he''s been home for the past year and Co and I are really going to miss having him here (esp Co) and of course i am bummed he won''t get to see the new baby right away. My sister has also been up the past 2 weekends in a row, hoping to be around for the birth. But she goes back today
7.gif

I am so happy i have Co to keep me occupied and entertained. I am really really nervous about the health of this baby and if i think about it too long i just give into worry so i am glad he keeps me happy/distracted 90% of the time. We''ve been busy swimming and hitting the park every day so the nice thing about being overdue is you gets lots of one-on-one time with your toddler while on mat leave! Gotta look on the bright side....

Burk and Tgal--the girls might have even curlier hair once cut! I''ve seen that happen as well (if their hair is going to be naturally wavy then the extra weight from the length just pulls the curls down). But they do have such gorgeous hair so i understand the hesitation. Either way they''ll look adorable!
if i have a girl it will be years and years before i have to think about that (judging by Co who is still really bald!)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Burk and Tgal
Wow Tayva and Amelia have really long hair. Meena is still sporting a bob; at least she looks pretty cute with it.

Jas12
Thought maybe baby #2 was in your arms already. Sending lots of labor vibes.
Did you have lots of hair as a baby? That should be a pretty good gauge for your girl''s hair. Meena''s hair is just like mines when I was her age.
Oh and nope SIL didn''t respond, so DH finally asked her for the picture. He said "are you going to give A a picture or you want us to use an old one?", so now I have to find the picture.

lili
I can give her the joint invite or I can just give her nothing. Haha.
How are you guys doing?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
Awwww....thought for sure #2 would come earlier since that's what most people said.
Anyway, it won't be much longer since 42wks is just around the corner.
I'm surprised that your middie would do a membrane sweep since you are positive for the GBS, but I guess when you are over 40wks...anything to get that baby out huh?
I saw your belly pictures....and you looked astonishing.
Your belly is just the cutest ever.....looks exactly like a basketball tucked underneath your "uniform".
You are so slim everywhere else. In fact, I think you looked even slimmer in your 41 wk picture than your 12wk pix ^.^

That's great Co is keeping you entertained and occupied.
The good thing about this baby coming later is that you got to spend the last couple of weeks w/ just Co....so hopefully he'll be better adjusted once baby gets here.

Burk--
Once again, so so sorry about your loss.
I just found out in the other thread how your grandfather went.
I'm glad that your grandfather is no longer in pain.
Sending you and your family strength and comfort.

Love that shot of MsT.
She's got so much attitude even in her stand ^.^
And her locks are just beautiful. I can understand the hesitation in cutting it.
If J's got curls, there is no way in h*ll DH would let me near her w/ a pair of scissors :D
But like Jas12 said, it could get even curly if you trim.
Either way, she'll look stunning.

TGal--
It is funny how A and T are so similiarly built.
Oh, we went to Manhattan Beach this weekend and I saw this little who I thought might be A.
You know how sometimes people look different in picture than in IRL?
So I was just standing there and examining her and her Korean mom (which explains why I was scrutinizing her daugther :razz:) must have thought I'm some sort of kook to be gawking like that.
Anyway, long story short....it wasn't A since there is no way you just had a second baby and not told us :D

QT--
LOL...one thing DH always said about people like that is not to give them a choice.
They always make it easier for them and harder for you.
If it were me, I'd pick a picture of her son w/ her in it that she doesn't want shown :razz: j/k but I'll think about doing that though.

J and I are doing pretty good.
I should update.

--------------
J's been a pretty good piece of work this past weekend.
Had her first meltdown around dinner time because someone decided that she didn't want to nap.
So comes dinner time, she was tired and hungry (and those are just not the best combination in a toddler) and she went into a hysterical fit when I didn't give her her snacks.
Cried and kept asking for it. After 20 minutes, she calmed down (or so I thought only to find that she had tired herself out and fell asleep). Unfortunately for us, we had just ordered our meal, so we grab a bit of something to eat and have the waitress packed it up. And then someone decided to wake up as we walked out the door
38.gif
, so cried the whole way home and then some.
Tried to get her to go to sleep since she was just refusing anything we offered her for dinner but she cried even more.
Finally, I turned on all the lights and told her we'll go downstair. Walked to the bathroom and wiped her face and someone's calmed to a sniffle.
Went downstair and fed her dinner, which she gobbled it up but still taking her time. Didn't go to bed until 10:00 pm and didn't fall asleep until close to 11 pm.
At this time, she's been up for more than 14 hrs.

Then yesterday, we had the same refusal to take a nap. I posted this on FB, but basically I locked her in the room hoping she'd go to sleep.
I walked in 10 minutes later only to find that all the lights are turned on and she has changed her own diaper.

Other than that, she's been a riot. Talking non-stop though still needs a translator for the layman's ears.
I think Jas12 asked what's she's into these days...and it's the iphone.
It's "daddy, can I have your iphone?" Her daddy downloaded some free clips of YGG, Dora, NiHaoKaiLan, Bambi, Snow white, Aristocats (I think there's about 20 clips or more on there).
So she'll navigate to the clips she wants and watch them or else play on some of the apps like doodle buddy (which she called magna doodle), piano, or my game of unblock me.
Or she'll make the icons "shivers" as she called it when you put the iphone in a mode to rearrange your apps and rearrange her daddy's apps.
Oh, and she'll give the apps voices too "no...don't delete me!" because you can delete them when it's in that mode.
She played those video clips so often that she even knows which ones they are.
Sometimes she'll ask me "mommy, which one do you want?"
So I'll say "I want the puppetmaster (that's the one w/ Elijah Woods on YGG) and she'll select it for me.
Then I ask her for "I like fish" or "yummy in my tummy" and she'll select those. I don't know how she can scan those icons so fast to select the right one, especially the YGG ones since there are so many of them and they all look the same.
Then she'll ask me "how's about aristocat?" and turned it on. And every time she selects it, she'll celebrate like Dora 'yea, I did it" :razz:
I like how she'll thank her dad when she sees a new clip, only if she enjoyed it.
She'll watch it and if she likes it "oh thank you daddy for downloading it"

Another thing she's into is making up things.
The other day, she grabbed a couple of rolls of TP and stacked them up and put her comb in the tube and told me that she made a birthday cake
20.gif

Just the other day, she was playing w/ her cat costume and decided to sit down and sling the tail across her shoulder and hip and said "seatbelt, so we can be safe" (definitely watched too much of those Dora clips).

Yikes...didn't know I've written so much.
I'll stop.

As for myself...still no news
8.gif

DH and I have been slacking in terms of seeing the dr and starting the IUI process.
I guess there is a part of us that hopes we can conceive naturally w/o medical intervention.
Anyway, we've talked about it and decided that we'll continue on this TTC til the end of the year since neither of us are getting any younger.
We are very fortunate to be able to get this little monster already (although I have this say that there are days that this little monster makes us happy that we only have one :D)
--------------

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Father's Day.
We didn't do much, just had our usual Father's Day dinner w/ the family to celebrate the 4 dads in our family.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
lili--thanks for saying i look good--i don''t think i look good in person or pics. I am up a good 35 lbs! But i don''t care at all. I am more focused on the kid at this point.
My middie couldn''t do the membrane sweep. Cervix was posterior on friday and she didn''t want to force anything. I have tests tomorrow so i am hoping for some progression.
sending you lots of pregnancy vibes for TTC. it''s stressful i am sure, but you sound pretty positive about it.
Co and J sound so similar developmentally. Need a translator for some things, but he''s non-stop talking & making stuff up now too. there is nothing he won''t remember after being told just once. He needs to know what absolutely everything is so today for lunch, for example he asked for mozzarella and proscuitto and last night he told me that his daisies were wilted & needed fresh water--lol. I never remember teaching him any of this, he''s just in sponge mode. However, he''s not like J physically. He''s still so cautious that i have to coax him to try anything new. Is it normal that a 26 month old still doesn''t go up the stairs on his own 2 feet?? I find that hard...esp so with another on the way.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2010 3:05:40 PM
Author: Jas12
lili--thanks for saying i look good--i don''t think i look good in person or pics. I am up a good 35 lbs! But i don''t care at all. I am more focused on the kid at this point.
My middie couldn''t do the membrane sweep. Cervix was posterior on friday and she didn''t want to force anything. I have tests tomorrow so i am hoping for some progression.
sending you lots of pregnancy vibes for TTC. it''s stressful i am sure, but you sound pretty positive about it.
Co and J sound so similar developmentally. Need a translator for some things, but he''s non-stop talking & making stuff up now too. there is nothing he won''t remember after being told just once. He needs to know what absolutely everything is so today for lunch, for example he asked for mozzarella and proscuitto and last night he told me that his daisies were wilted & needed fresh water--lol. I never remember teaching him any of this, he''s just in sponge mode. However, he''s not like J physically. He''s still so cautious that i have to coax him to try anything new. Is it normal that a 26 month old still doesn''t go up the stairs on his own 2 feet?? I find that hard...esp so with another on the way.
Really quick, more later...

if it''s not normal, at least you''re not alone. Amelia is very uncoordinated. She still wants to hold on to my finger when she goes up and down stairs. I think it''s somewhat slow, but I''m not too worried about it. Other than that, she seems normal and pretty bold. She likes to climb, jump around, hang on bars, do somersaults and likes to go down big huge slides at the park by herself. But stairs stump her...she has some kind of weird phobia on going up and down them by herself if there is not me to hold her hand or some kind of handrail. If there is a handrail, no problem...she''s all for it, but she''s scared otherwise. She recently tried by herself and tripped, both going up and down.

Amelia seems to be catching up in other ways. Talking all the time, in fuller sentences and also doing more make up stuff. Sponge mode in a big way...I don''t know where she gets the stuff she''s spewing back to me, but I imagine it''s preschool and the nanny.

And she''s sick EVERY week. Damn preschool. The one week she wasn''t sick, she had that shiner on her forehead from falling down at school.
20.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi mommies....been super busy with the house and the kids.

lili J sounds like she is doing very well. B was totally into the iphone until both DH and i got an ipad. now the kid doesn''t want the iphone anymore. he''ll ask for the ipad instead. my ipad is actually in his room. haha.

burk i''m so sorry for your loss.

jas12 hope the LO decides to make an appearance soon...don''t know how you do it. you are tough!!

just a quick catch up while the kids are napping and i''m taking a break from packing.

things are even crazier now with N crawling everywhere!! and B is just the best big brother..i could not have asked for more from him. the other day, B fed N his bottle..it was really cute. but it does help that N i holding his own bottle for the most part. and thankfully they both still love sleep. haha.

take care mommies!!! back to packing....

PenelopeJane

Shiny_Rock
Jas12, come out come out baby! I know you will treasure these last days of just you and Co. Sending speedy & healthy labor vibes your way.

lili, you have quite the smarty pants on your hands! I can''t even work the iphone properly....
9.gif
Wishing you lots of luck TTC! Enjoy the process and esp enjoy J keeping your hands full for now!
1.gif

puffy, your boys sound toooo cute! Lucky mama, revel in all the sleep!!

We had a nice Father''s Day celebrating DH''s friend''s 2 year old''s birthday. They have been friends since middle school and he has 3 kids with 1 on the way, due in Sept. The kids were in the pool the entire time and got out only to sing, eat cake, and open presents. Axel played in the kiddie pool for a good hour then moved onto the big pool. DH was throwing him in the air, guiding him under water as I watched on the edge of my seat...it looked pretty adventurous and A LOVED it more than anything. DH would count 1...2...then dunk A under water towards the wall and when he came up he had the biggest smile on his face and surprisingly never coughed or gagged so he knew how to hold his breath. It was a good day of eating, swimming, and watching the dads play with their kids.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so behind. Such a bad mommy PS friend. Hope everyone is healthy and happy.

Burk, do NOT cut her hair! It looks great. My T''s is stingy and lays crazy. If her hair looked like your T''s I would leave it.

Jas12, ****LABOR DUST MAMA****

Wednesday is the last day of classes and I have my second exam on the 30th. My birthday is also this week and all I want to do is sleep for 3 days straight. Too bad I still have a presentation, 3 papers, and two exams between me and the finish line. *sigh* I hope to have more PS time soon. I miss you ladies!!!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Burk, my condolences.

Jas12 -- I''m convinced your babies must have it pretty darn good in there to stay extra long!

Hi everyone! I''ve got one more week of shows then I''m giving myself the first break in a year. Can''t wait to really catch up.

Father''s Day was a riot...both boys just wandered around saying "Gampa" all day, to their grandfathers'' delight. No one puked, melted down, or ended up in the ER, so I''m giving the day an A+

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy early birthday Tacori, and good luck!

lili, it was good to read your update...you post so often in response to others, and don''t write a ton about you or J (except in response) so I wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading your update and you need to do more of them!!

I have news today...Amelia was farting up a storm, so I just asked her if she wanted to poo poo on the potty. She said yes, I and said, really? OK. So took her, and she did poo on the potty for the first time.

Don''t think I still want to potty train yet, but I hear once they decide they want to go, there''s really no stopping them. Still, she''s gone pee a couple of times and she still is happy to pee in the diaper, so I don''t think pooing on the potty once is a sign of readiness. We''ll see!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk, so sorry to hear about your grandfather...

Jas12, girl, hang in there...wow, 41week and counting. I''m glad you''ve got to spend the extra time with Co though!!

lili-i second tgal in saying that I love the long update from you about J. She''s so smart. Your hubby is brave to let her play with his iphone. I have the movie Cars on mine and Jake always wants to hold my phone and watch it. makes me so
32.gif
Jake totally knows how to work electronic devices too. I came into our family room and the kid somehow managed to get the tv on and turn on the dvd player, press play and was sitting on the floor watching Blue''s Clues
6.gif

tgal and burk-I didn''t cut my girls hair until they were like 4. it took them forever to grow hair. Well, think of Jake''s head that is just now finally filling in some hair and never had a cut. that is about the same length as the girls at his age. anyway, Lily was a curly head. we were so nervous to cut her hair for the same reason. He curls actually stayed though and it wasn''t until her last cut at age 6 that the curls are starting to loosen. I want to take her back for a cut with layers though b/c I think the straight/even cut adds weight and pulls it down. she''s got some curl action in her underneath layer in the back so I think curls might still be able to be there.

tacori-yay for being almost done and Happy soon Birthday!!

jas-so glad for the A+ father''s day!!

penelope-glad you all had a nice father''s day too.

tgal-Jake asked me if he could sit on the potty a couple of days ago for the first time. he just sat there and then wanted to get off and flush. now he''ll ask about once a day. he won''t go but hey, it''s a start. He also will ask me to change his diaper the second he goes potty in it. all signs that he is getting closer to being ready. I think Amelia is showing signs and obviously on the road if she''s actually going on the potty from time to time. maybe even closer than you think. oh and speaking of diapers..I totally bought Jake the new huggies denim diapers. I saw the commercial and thought they are cute and maybe a little creepy but we were at the store and Jake saw the box and said "mommy, blue diapers, blue diapers please?" they are the same price as the regular huggies so I got them. they are pretty funny...

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Burk: I love T's curls---looks like C's except C's is a bit shorter. I need to post a pic. I'm sorry about your grandfather--our Father's Day was muted too as FIL is in the last stages. I hope you and your family are handling everything ok.

Tgal: yea for A's poo on potty! Ha on the fart storm..C does that too and I'm usually thankful it results in poop, otherwise she'd just be a gas machine. She tells me she poops by saying "smelly" but I think the potty is some ways away.

Lili: Thanks for the update, J is a character!

Jas12: sooooo..any updates??
emwink.gif

Tacori: good luck on the exams, you'll pull through!

qtiekiki: hi! so did you manage to take M swimming at all? I'm a bad mommy too and have yet to do that.
Snlee: hi out there
35.gif
how are you doing? Any progress on weaning D off the bottle?

Nothing new on my end..C has some new phrases, "no nap" and "i do it".

jas

Brilliant_Rock
tgal-Jake asked me if he could sit on the potty a couple of days ago for the first time. he just sat there and then wanted to get off and flush. now he''ll ask about once a day. he won''t go but hey, it''s a start. He also will ask me to change his diaper the second he goes potty in it. all signs that he is getting closer to being ready. I think Amelia is showing signs and obviously on the road if she''s actually going on the potty from time to time. maybe even closer than you think. oh and speaking of diapers..I totally bought Jake the new huggies denim diapers. I saw the commercial and thought they are cute and maybe a little creepy but we were at the store and Jake saw the box and said ''mommy, blue diapers, blue diapers please?'' they are the same price as the regular huggies so I got them. they are pretty funny...
I was just about to come on and ask about these. That commercial cracks me up for reasons I can''t even fathom. I''m surprised they''re the same price! Put Jake on the catwalk w/ em!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 10:01:30 AM
Author: jas

tgal-Jake asked me if he could sit on the potty a couple of days ago for the first time. he just sat there and then wanted to get off and flush. now he'll ask about once a day. he won't go but hey, it's a start. He also will ask me to change his diaper the second he goes potty in it. all signs that he is getting closer to being ready. I think Amelia is showing signs and obviously on the road if she's actually going on the potty from time to time. maybe even closer than you think. oh and speaking of diapers..I totally bought Jake the new huggies denim diapers. I saw the commercial and thought they are cute and maybe a little creepy but we were at the store and Jake saw the box and said 'mommy, blue diapers, blue diapers please?' they are the same price as the regular huggies so I got them. they are pretty funny...
I was just about to come on and ask about these. That commercial cracks me up for reasons I can't even fathom. I'm surprised they're the same price! Put Jake on the catwalk w/ em!
I saw the ad too and was like "what?"
emsmilep.gif
. You have to show u a picture!! Hope lowriders aren't next.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so here''s little man sporting the denim
9.gif

huggiesdenimlol.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results