shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Just popping in to ask Tacori- Is T in a swim class? You should really think about getting her in one. I love to have my charges in swim class at an early age because it helps them get used to the water, but it seems like T would just love it! I think she would be fab at swimming under water!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, for some reason T has ALWAYS had great baby hair. She never went through a mullet phrase (which I think is unusual). I remember when everyone would ask me where I took her to get it cut b/c it was so perfectly stacked in the back when she was younger. I am not sure when I will cut it. It curls at the end and I know once I cut it the ends will be straight b/c that is exactly what happened to my hair. I have friends that take them to special kids salons and the hair dressers seem to be skilled at dealing with kids. Tayva is so cute undressing, tickling and singing to her baby doll.

DD, thank you! I took a few photography classes in college but it''s been awhile. I credit it all to the subject and the camera. Are you enjoying your new bling?

snlee, thanks! We need some new pictures of D. He is getting so big!

mia, I think I will wait until next spring/summer for swim classes. I think she would be frustrating b/c she doesn''t really cooperate yet and would want to go do her own thing. Luckily she does love the water so I will practice with her this summer and then when she is older and can listen she can learn from a pro. She loves to blow bubbles in the bath. She chokes on the water sometimes but doesn''t seem to bother her.
33.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Same thing happened to my sister's hair when my mom cut it when she was younger-lost the curl. That's another reason I'm scared to cut T's-hers is super curly at times, and wavy most days. It will take a miracle worker to get my kid to sit still for a hair cut!
3.gif
I'm not sure when I'll cut T's either. I found a pic which shows the difference in length...this is on a super curly day so it typically looks longer since ht curls brought it up. Do you see what I mean? ETA: It can look mullet like if some curls and some doesn't, too!!
9.gif

tcrazycurls.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, I think it is cute! I would just leave it. Our poor girls will probably be 5 before they get a hair cut.
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tacori-I planted the seed to hubby about the camera gift, thanks for the suggestion! I think waiting on swim lessons is fine. most places won''t even teach other than the mommy and me classes until kids are 3. I usually recommend those classes for people who aren''t comfortable in the water themselves and just need ideas or don''t really expose their kids to water. early exposure makes a huge difference b/c kids who are never in the pool are usually scared by the time they are 3 and parents decide to put them in lessons. since you take tessa to the pool and she plays and has fun you are on the right track IMO.

burk, I moved my oldest into a toddler bed at 17 months b/c I needed the crib for Lily. she loved her little bed. I would have left her crib longer though if I didn''t really need to kick her out. I never used a toddler bed with Lily. she went straight from the crib to a twin. I will keep Jake in a crib as long as I can..i.e. he''s not climbing out b/c I like kids that are contained
3.gif
I will probably use a toddler bed with him at some point, mostly b/c I think they are cute
9.gif

my girls took forever to get hair so I didn''t cut it. lily had the curls too and I was so scared she''d lose them with a cut that she just got her first hair cut last year at 4 1/2
6.gif
both tessa and Tayva are adorable with their hair exactly like you all have it!!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori- Well you know what would work for her, but just wanted to clarify that I meant a mommy-and-me baby swim class, not actual lessons. You probably knew that- but just in case... You would hold her and sing songs, and there is usually a lot of jumping in the water (into mommies arms of course), or going down a water slide. And some programs actually put the babies underwater to swim to mommy (it sounds harsh, but babies can do it- think of that Nirvana album cover). It seems like it''s the wild and rambunctious kids do the best in these classes (maybe because there is no way to run away
9.gif
). It''s more difficult for the more cautious, clingy ones. Most programs offer a free trial class to test it out. Sorry, I just love that T is so fearless! My current charge is the opposite of T, she''s super careful about EVERYTHING! It can be frustrating at times to be the other extreme, but at least I don''t have to worry all the time that she will hurt herself. She is also super compliant which is nice, but then you have to worry about her becoming a total pushover!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~5 sounds like a good age to me!
9.gif

mrss~I like the idea of her being contained too! She doesn''t ever try to climb out and actually walks into her room at bedtime and says "up ni ni." She''ll be 21ish months when we move so I think I''ll assess the situation then. If she is still doing great in her crib I may just keep her in there since it''s a convertible crib and we can eventually move it to a day bed, ect. I''m thinking T may be close to 4 1/2 when she gets her first hair cut too!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mia, I do not worry about T being a push over. I am proud that she is a strong little girl b/c life is hard enough KWIM? But it does make MY life more difficult sometimes. Like I said before her having no fear equals me having a lot of fear. Oh well. Yes, I knew what you were saying about the mommy and baby classes. I went to a playdate yesterday and the mom actually quit them b/c her son was so unhappy and would not follow the program. Maybe that tainted my views! Haha. Plus we always take trips in the summer so timing wise it is not the best. Maybe in the fall. T LOVES the water slides. Our pool has two mini ones. She doesn''t even seem to mind when she goes underwater though she has yet to purposely dunk herself. I am sure it is only a matter of time.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori- I totally get it. My charge P is so well behaved that I don''t have to deal with behavior often, and never have to worry about safety. She''s always the one in classes who does exactly what she is told. It seems great, but it really isn''t "normal." We''ve definitely run into problems as a result. Recently her preschool had a parenting lecture for the parents and the children got to watch a video. P isn''t really into movies. While other kids were running to their parents periodicly, P sat there until her mom came to get her at the end (as she was told). When her mom came to get her P burst into tears saying the movie was too long and she didn''t want to watch it. It was a traumatizing experience, but all she had to do was go and tell her mother what was bothering her. Personally, I think it is much easier trying reign in a more spirited child, than constantly trying to draw a more timid child out her shell. In P''s music class there are a few kids that refuse to sit and just run around the room like crazy, their parents are embarrassed and try so hard to get them to sit still. P watches them and I know she''d probably like to run to so I am whispering in her ear "you can run too if you want."

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, those photos are PHENOMENAL!!!! OMG, every single one is just precious. What a doll. I''m swamped at work but just popped over here and those really made my day! I love Tessa!!!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Thought you toddler mommies would enjoy this:
(Saw it at J''s daycare)

The Toddlers Creed

If I want it,
IT''S MINE!

If I give it to you and change my mind later,
IT''S MINE!

If I can take it away from you,
IT''S MINE!

If it''s mine it will never belong to anybody else,
No matter what.
If we are building something together,
All the pieces are mine!

If it looks just like mine,
IT''S MINE!

If it breaks or needs putting away,
IT''S YOURS!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
OMG, those pictures are phenomenal!
Must get on FB and find all the cuties!

Jas12
What a cute AVI. You know the rule young lady
41.gif

Hehe, too bad it''s past mother''s day, else that picture would have been perfect for your mom (and yourself).
That''s so funny that Co went under the table to pout!
So did you have to use food to lure him out of there?
J loves to climb stairs too, but she''s learned to sit on the first step when we are not around.
There are a few occasions when she did climb up though because she knows I was up there and daddy just had his eyes away for a minute.
Ok, I''d be upset if you didn''t let us know first
41.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
MrsS
Jake will talk in no time.
It''s like J just started picking up words overnight.
Wow, don''t tell me that is what Jake eat in one day!

Burk
Yay for more sq footage w/ the finished basement.
Hehe, although you may not be too happy when it comes time to house clean :D
I think you should leave Tayva''s hair as is -- it is too cute w/ all those lovely curls.

QT
23.gif
Let''s hope MIL will be better w/ the paci and bottle for M.
I know what you mean, my sister''s FIL does the same w/ her son.
He just gave him the bottle every meal instead of trying to have him eat solids cuz it was just easier w/ the bottle
38.gif

When you draw a bath in the tub, was the water really high?
I know J was scared initially when we had too much water in the tub -- I guess it must feel weird to be floating in a tub full of water.
So we started putting her in the tub and fill the water there -- just a thought.
Regarding the straw....expect some water fountains initially :D

puffy
Ooo....can''t wait.
I just love seeing preggo bellies.
I think every preggos are just cute and lovely.

Curly, Jas12, MrsS, Tacori
Should I do a search on the obvious like TGal said to find you ladies?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mia, it is a blessing that she is so spirited (IMHO). Though I am that stressed out parent when my kid runs around the room like a manic.

Curly, thanks. I love Lucy and Lily too!

Lili, thanks! You can find us by way of TGal. Funny poem. So true!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, LOVE the pics of Tessa - they seem to catch the essence of her personality that you so often describe.

I can''t believe how fast these children are growing!!!!!!!! So fun to see. :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:15:23 PM
Author: Burk
Tacori~Same thing happened to my sister''s hair when my mom cut it when she was younger-lost the curl. That''s another reason I''m scared to cut T''s-hers is super curly at times, and wavy most days. It will take a miracle worker to get my kid to sit still for a hair cut!
3.gif
I''m not sure when I''ll cut T''s either. I found a pic which shows the difference in length...this is on a super curly day so it typically looks longer since ht curls brought it up. Do you see what I mean? ETA: It can look mullet like if some curls and some doesn''t, too!!
9.gif
OMG! Leave those gorgeous locks alone!!
30.gif

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
qt gosh i can so relate to the being sleepy all the time. today is the first day that B is napping and i am not. haha. but i know that''s totally going to kick me in my booty later on tonight. how was the appt? were you able to see anything? when i went to my first appt, they did a transvaginal ultrasound and i was only 5 weeks then and there was only the gestational sac there. hope M is doing ok with sleep. crying a little bit is fine.

tacori T''s hair is super nice for a toddler who''s never had it cut before, and it does look like it is growing out really even as well. B only goes to the potty by himself sometimes in the middle of the night. and most of the time, i can hear him trying to get out of bed, so i will go in there to help him. i am just happy that he is diaper free. he still has days where i will have to ask if he has to go to the potty, esp if it is nice out and he has been outside for hours playing. the other day, he couldn''t make it back inside in time, he was climbing the stairs and grabbing his crouch and started crying like a mad man, so i went out there cause i thought he fell or something. but nope, he just had to go potty THAT bad. i guess he thought he was going to have an accident.

burk that was my thinking when i decided to get B a toddler bed. i figured that i would need the crib later on and didn''t want to keep adjusting it and taking rails off it and putting them back on, so i just went ahead and got the toddler bed. he looks like such a big boy sleeping in it though. i spy on him sometimes when he''s sleeping and he just doesn''t look like an 18 month old boy. sad. T''s hair is gorgeous!! i love how it is so super curly at the ends!!

lili the toddler''s creed is SO true!! haha. how is ms. J doing? is she taking more milk at daycare?

hope everyone is having a wonderful day. guess i must get some house work done while B is still napping. Crazy kid took a nap before noon, so he missed out on lunch and it is now 3:00!! i''m starting to wonder if i should wake him up.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
puffy, B is no trouble maker, your just preggo and tired.
I can''t imagine being preggo and chasing behind a little one.

TGal, Amelia try to smack you in the face too?
I''m still having hard time teaching little B not to smack me
this is a long battle...

Tacori, I can''t help but say it again,
I love Tessa''s apple cheeks and the rolls on her arms.
30.gif

Such a cutie pie.

Burk, I love Tayva''s curls...
I can just imagine her all grown up with long beautiful curls.

lili, LOL on the toddlers Creed, so true...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili- ha..no Jake doesn''t eat all of that in one day. i was just trying to give suggestions of the different foods I give him.

puffy-wow B took a long nap..did you wake him up?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~That Toddler Creed is so funny! Yea, cleaning the new house will be interesting. We have a cleaning lady that comes every other week now but not sure if she''ll want to come to our new location. I don''t think I''ll be cutting T''s hair any time soon...for lots of reasons but mostly because I don''t think she''ll sit still!!
3.gif

Tgal~Will do! No cutting Miss T''s hair for a while!
12.gif

puffy~I bet he looks so big in the bed. I''m so sad to even think about a "big girl bed" because it means my baby is growing up.
7.gif
B must have been worn out...that''s one long nap! Hope you got what you needed done!

Bobo~Thanks! I like the curls too.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
bobo you''re right, B isn''t THAT bad. i guess he''s a pretty easy and relaxed kid who kinda does his own thing most of the time. are you and your DH thinking about #2 anytime soon?

mrsS B got up shortly after to use the potty, then i asked if he was hungry, he said no and went back to his room. i thought he was going to go play, so i checked on him after i got the laundry in the washer, and he was back in bed. guess he was tired. then he woke up at 5 and went to bed before 8. weird...this never happens. i hope he was just tired.

burk i got a ton of laundry done which was nice and some tidying up. i admit though it is pretty cute watching B sleep in his toddler bed. he still keeps a bunch of toys in there. LOVE the new pic of T also!! she''s got the most beautiful eyes!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tac, LOVE the new pics of T - she looks even more like you!!! Her hair seems to be darker and thicker like yours, soon she will have lovely long dark hair like her Mamma''s!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
eek, baby hair--I LOVE! Don''t either of you cut those locks. If you do, send then it over my way and I''ll glue it onto Co''s head!!
5.gif

Tacori--Tessa does indeed have nice hair--so soft and pretty!!!

Burk--i had ringlets like Tayva too--i think they dissapeared when my mom cut my hair.I don''t see a mullet at all-ha. Her hair is beautiful. Her eyes are blue too right? Man, our kids would make a good couple.The blonde/hair blue-eyed combo is my fave (but i am not biased right?
2.gif
)

Lili--that toddlers creed is so true. hehe
--did you find us yet? You can see my larger avi there
1.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Yay for getting laundry done! I don''t really ever watch T sleep because she''s such a light sleeper...if I open the door to peek my head in there I run the risk of her waking up. Boo. Sounds like B was worn out. He must have played hard the past few days. I can''t believe he goes outside and plays by himself. I can''t trust T to do that. Who knows what she''d get into outside!
6.gif

Jas12~Yep, she has very blue eyes. I wonder if the blond hair will last since mine got darker as I aged. Who knows, though. Her and Co would make such a cute couple!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
just had to pop in real quick and say LOVE the new Tessa pics! Tacori, she honestly is so adorable! i can''t believe how shes totally unfazed with all that water spraying in her face!

to all the other mommies: HI!! i feel like a rotten mommy..only coming in and out randomly
7.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a new babysitter last night. She kept telling me how adorable and smart Tessa was when I got home. I guess she asked T where her diapers were and not only did she show her she laid down for her!
6.gif
Funny how she acts like I am ABUSING her when *I* change her diaper.
38.gif
That T is such a charmer. I took her to the mall today b/c they have a soft play area and she seemed a little intimidated by all the kids running around.

MrsS, I think you would really enjoy a nice camera. Plus you have such adorable kids that need to be documented! I can''t imagine T being in a toddler bed right now.

Burk, haha. At least by 5 I am sure she could sit still! Love the new AV. Tessa is a light sleeper too.

Mia, T is a very secure and happy kid. Maybe her spirited personality allows that. Your poor charge!

Allison, thank you! I am glad she could make you smile. She is a funny girl and I agree they are all growing up way too quickly.

Puffy, I am surprised by her hair too. She has the longest/thickest/most even of all the little girls I know. Her one friend has a really strange 2 layer mullet thing going on. It bothers her mom so much! She even told her daughter to start growing her hair like T
20.gif
At least he held it in! I am impressed. I am sure diaper free IS nice. Plus I cannot imagine 2 in diapers. That''s a lot of sleep! Maybe he is growing or teething.

Bobo, thanks! Little B has some awesome cheeks too!

Lor, thanks for your sweet compliments.

Jas12, she does have nice hair. It is funny b/c I hate my hair so I wonder if it will change. Maybe she got DH''s hair. Doubt it though b/c it looks EXACTLY like mine did when I was a little girl.

msb, thanks! I know! She liked the water in her face. Such a strange child. Today she ran away from me when I was trying to put her in the car. She went right to the street where the water collects by the curb and started stomping in it
20.gif
She''s a little fish.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~That's too funny that T was such a smarty pants angel for the new sitter! She is a charmer for sure! I'm hoping by 5 we can get Tayva to sit still....she'll be in school by then so if not we're in trouble! Tayva being a light sleeper is what prompted us wanting to do the master on the main floor in this new house. She woke up one night from the sound of me flushing the toilet in the bathroom!
6.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, whoa not sure T is that light of a sleeper but she usually WILL wake up if we go into her room. At least at 5 we can bribe them. Also I think they CARE what they look like. My friend has a 4 year old and we were talking about hair cuts and she told her mom exactly what length she wanted. It was so cute.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~Yea, crazy, right!?! And we wonder why she doesn''t sleep well at daycare...
9.gif
Bribery is def. and option and I think you''re right that they care/have a preference at that age. Hopefully our girls aren''t such tomboys that they DO actually care!
9.gif
2.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Haha, they are on their best behavior when they are w/ new people.
I guess T needs to test out the water first
5.gif

J is like that, she's an absolute angel when we have people around -- not a peep out of her.
And once they leave, it's scream fest!
Same thing w/ the carride. Whenever she's back there w/ me, she'd be fussing after 15 minutes
and she was playing and laughing when my friend was back there w/ her
38.gif

Or maybe it's just us
41.gif

I'm curious to see how full and long T's hair will be by the time she's 2
5.gif

Puffy
Wow, B slept a long time.
Must be going through a growth spurt or he really play hard the last few days.
That's great, the more they sleep, the more time you have to yourself.
J is doing pretty good, but not drinking any whole milk at daycare.
I'm not going to push it, but I will continue offering it to her during snack time.
I poured the milk in those animal print cup and that seems to draw some interest in her, at least for a couple of sips.

Bobo
Haha, that's not accounting for the 2inch sagging pooch.
Is B still smacking you?
Babycenter (I think) sent out weekly updates and it said that this is about the time when your kid is into the smacking stage.
J was smacking me the other day (more like rough playing) and I just grabbed her hand and said "no, you don't hit people in the face" .
You have to be "gentle gentle" and I use her hand to gently stroke my face.
You know what she did the following day? The caretaker told me that 2 of the kids woke up crying and J walked up to them and gently stroke them
5.gif

and even utter her version of gentle gentle
41.gif
Maybe that would work w/ B?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results