carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is a photo of Ryder at 8 weeks!

ETA: would be good to attach it :rolleyes:

Here it is! He looks a lot like Hunter, but also different. He is the spitting image of his Daddy as a baby.

Ryder8weeks.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Yay baby pics!!

Noel~ both of my kids were/are tub crawlers and standers. I only put about 2-3" of water in the tub and just let them go. They've dunked themselves a couple times but that's it. If they stand, I keep my hand right behind them but they cling to the side when they stand anyway. JT used to crawl to the back of the tub (away from the faucet) then lay on his belly and push himself back to the front of the tub. Lily just crawls back and forth as she looks for things to throw out. The good thing about all the tub fun is that I have a 5 yr old boy who still loves baths.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am LOVING the baby pics :love: :appl:

SS, where is Lily's pic? hint hint :bigsmile:

The boys now weigh 11 lbs!!! Evan is 11.6 and Miles is 11.11 :D

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy123|1314991058|3008504 said:
I am LOVING the baby pics :love: :appl:

SS, where is Lily's pic? hint hint :bigsmile:

The boys now weigh 11 lbs!!! Evan is 11.6 and Miles is 11.11 :D

Skippy they look so much bigger in photos! So good ti hear they are getting nice and big when they came out such little peanuts.

Ryder weighs about 15lbs :o

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Skippy~ Aww, thanks for asking. Lily fingerpainted for the first time today so I'll try to resize one of those and get it on here. We're much to busy DOING to be taking pics these days. My girl is always on the move. lol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, yay for Lily fingerpainting! Looking forward to pics!

DREAMER, I guess preemies are kind of little? Wow, 15 lbs!! I think you and I talked and you gave birth the day before my due date? That is awesome about Ryder! How is Hunter? You should post a Hunter pic!!! or a pic w/them together!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy my boy is just a tank, he is the size of a 3 or 4 month old. Hunter at Ryder's age was about the size of your boys! Maybe a half pound more? And he was a big healthy dude. And I do think preemies are smaller in general for the first year or so? That is my recollection from my friend's daughter who was born at 34 weeks, and your guys are even earlier!

I posted a two-shot in the toddler thread! :bigsmile:

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear, I don't know how people keep up with this thread! It's easy for me to lurk with one hand, but so much harder to post...

Pupp - so sorry to hear what you're going through. Hope your vacation provides some relaxation.

Noel - have a great time in Germany. Sorry your DH can't go, hope he feels better soon!

Skippy - I love that picture of your boys' feet! So adorable! I would make it B&W and frame it if I were you.

Dreamer - Ryder is adorable! I just read your thread on hangout...funny I have a very similar sparkly (though about half the size) on reserve right now! I am doing a pendant for a combo anniversary/ "push present"...

DC - great to see you here! Post more pictures of Sophia! Hayden once went from about 10 pm til 4:30 am without waking...I had fallen asleep on the couch and DH put him in his swing and went to bed. I woke up panicked, but he was fine. Sometimes I wish we could repeat that!

Anyway, Hayden is one month tomorrow, and doing great! I haven't weighed him since his last pediatrics appointment, but he is surely getting bigger since he has outgrown the newborn things and is consistently wearing 0-3 or 3 months clothes. I think he is long and lean though since all the waistbands are still a little big.

I am pretty proud of the fact that we have made it this far with EBF and no formula supplements...I am however disappointed that I'm not in love with the process of nursing as I thought I'd be. I thought it would be a great bonding experience, etc., but more often than not I just feel kind of tied to the couch and bored. But my goal setting out was 1 year so I'm 1/12th done already! And the first month has got to be the hardest, right? In reality, I'm thinking I may like it more once I'm back to work and no longer with Hayden 24/7. So we will tough it out til then at the very least.

Anyway, I'm not sure where on here I read the recommendation for the "Happiest baby on the block" DVD, but OMG I think it saved my life. I bought it but was too stubborn to watch it for about 3 weeks, thinking I would return it. But finally watched it out of desperation and the 5 S's almost always work for little Hayden. And priceless to be able to have DH watch it, since he's not the type to read a book on baby rearing...

So enough about me, I took some pictures on Hayden's 4 week birthday:
First, with his ever-present pacifier. Kid loves to suck.
IMG_0257_2.jpg

And second, this is what happens when mean mommy tries to take the pacifier away to get a picture:
IMG_0244.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1314991964|3008518 said:
Ryder weighs about 15lbs :o

.... wow! Jumper is 9 months now and only weighs a bit over 16 lbs. He is on the small side, 25% for length, though. He does not LOOK that skinny to me, but the ped says he is "underweight."

noel- Have a wonderful, relaxing trip. Jumper stands in the bath too (and everywhere else.) He has also reached the "hell no you cannot change my diaper" stage also. There's only so much you can do, unless you want to tie them down :tongue:

pupp- So sorry, I am thinking of you.

basil- I promise BF gets easier/better. At first, they take soooooo long to eat and they have to eat so often it seems to be all that you ever do. But you are right about the work part, too. It makes me happy that I can still do something for him while at work such long hours. Now, he is 9 months, and I actually enjoy it. On the rare days that I get to feed him in the morning, he just looks up at me and smiles and smiles. It is so sweet!

Skippy- Baby feet are the best :love:

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
gutentag from Germany!

shiny - ok, thanks for letting me know crazy hyper bath baby is normal. I too want to see a pic of Lily!

icekid - diaper changing or getting dressed is such a nightmare when all they want to do is roll over, crawl, sit... :rolleyes: I told my mom to bring her changing mattress with the wedge as that might help. Jumper doesn't look underweight. Skye is 17 lbs, which is only one measly lb more and they tell me she is dead on average, so I wouldn't worry about it. I personally think it has to do with Skye being a hyperactive kid and burning so much energy (DH and I were both skinny as children with high metabolisms), regardless how much she eats. is Jumper like that, too?

basil - Hayden's got long legs! is he a tall baby?

Dreamer - aw, the newborn look is so precious.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I'm hopelessly behind on this thread!!

Skippy - Yes, I was also a preemie. I was born at 32 weeks, so a little later than our LOs. It's funny, but I've always just assumed that I was a preemie because my mom didn't exactly take care of herself when she was pregnant with me. Having O early has really made me take a step back a reconsider that opinion. :read:

Pupp - Giant hugs to you!!

noel - Enjoy your vacation, you deserve it!! :appl:

Oliver has started to make the funniest face, he sort of looks like an old man....

:o

IMG_16392.JPG

IMG_16472.JPG

IMG_16492.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - that's so cool that O is making faces! does he chew a lot on his fingers? Skye does that if I don't give her a pacifier. doesn't suck on her thumb.

- - -

DH said he lowered the crib and play pen as he'd rather not have her topple out. now he's afraid my mom is going to fall IN when she picks up the baby. also Skye has started to pull herself up on legs/pants. she had a very smiley day and ate everything (spinach, no less) and wanted more. she likes Cheerios so I have to share mine with her, which I get from the expat store and cost me a pretty penny. but anyway, good to know she is enjoying herself and doesn't realize that Mommy's gone for a little while.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
by the way, anyone try Infant Potty Training? I like the idea, but I think you need to be around your baby most of the time to do it. if they go to day care and have to wear a diaper there but not one at home, I think it will confuse them. though I guess that's no difference when they are little older. thoughts?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies!

Just a quick drive by...my IL's are in town so we are having fun! Mommy and Daddy are getting a much needed night out.

Here he is today in a late BPF, with his Grammy and Grandpy!

CharlieZoo932.jpg

CharlieZoo935.jpg

CharlieZoo931.jpg

missjae

Shiny_Rock
noelwr|1314987287|3008439 said:
my question: Skye wants to crawl and stand in her bath tub. any other mommas had this problem and what did you do? I hold on to her the whole time, but it takes just one slip and she could be really hurt.

Skippy and cupcake - what adorable babies!

pupp - we have the same sippy cup problems here, and since I put a new sippy top on, I have a feeling not a lot of water comes out of there. so now I just give S water through the bottle nipple because she drinks very little water as it is. I would just skip the sippy cup and start practicing with a normal cup. we've started already and I don't think she really gets it, but she does really enjoy chewing on the cup edge.

- - -

DH came home from the hospital yesterday. I'm off to Germany tomorrow to go look at some castles, old villages, enjoy a day of shopping in Luxembourg and a spa day. mostly looking forward to going to bed early, reading, sleeping at least 4 hours without being woken up (and maybe possible even 8!) and doing things relaxed on my own schedule.

and here some photos of Skye on her knees in the hamper and the other is of her standing.

Noel, I sometimes come in to see what everyone is up to even though I'm not a Mommy and I can't even tell you how much Skye melts my heart. She's so incredibly adorable, every photo you post just seems to be cuter than the last. She's precious. Just precious in all of her perfect innocence. You must be one proud Momma. :) That is all...carry on!

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
noelwr|1315170912|3009726 said:
by the way, anyone try Infant Potty Training? I like the idea, but I think you need to be around your baby most of the time to do it. if they go to day care and have to wear a diaper there but not one at home, I think it will confuse them. though I guess that's no difference when they are little older. thoughts?

Hey Noel, I wanted to de-lurk and respond to your post about infant potty training. My SIL does this with my little niece. Baby A is now 16 months, but they've been practicing for quite a while. SIL is a SAHM, but she has a "If we can't always make it to a potty, that's fine" sort of attitude.

She takes A after naps and meals, and if A is giving signs that she really needs to "go". They sit/play on the potty for quite a while, until A either goes or until she gets aggravated. If she does her business, my SIL offers lots of great praise. If she doesn't do her business, my SIL doesn't admonish her in any way.

Baby A now uses sign language to indicate needing to go on the potty... but I will say this: Sometimes she uses the sign when she wants to sit and play on her potty chair, not just because she has to go :rolleyes: My SIL is realistic enough to know she's not truly potty training A, but she always tells me that each time the baby goes on the potty it's one less diaper to clean! (She uses cloth). Baby A does have SOME understanding of potty = elimination... she poops and pees on it most of the time, after all... But if my SIL did not take the time to regularly set her on the potty chair, I'm sure A would have no problems going in her diaper.

That final thought is what leads me to believe that you could practice PTing or Elimination Communication at home and not daycare. I don't think little ones realize that diaper is BAD and potty is GOOD. They're both fine for elimination, but a potty chair tends to be more "fun" (books, toys, attention of mom/dad the whole time, lots of praise).

Just my thoughts ::)

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
missjae|1315204304|3009920 said:
Noel, I sometimes come in to see what everyone is up to even though I'm not a Mommy and I can't even tell you how much Skye melts my heart. She's so incredibly adorable, every photo you post just seems to be cuter than the last. She's precious. Just precious in all of her perfect innocence. You must be one proud Momma. :) That is all...carry on!

Thanks! that is so sweet of you to say.

PilsnPinkysMom - thanks for updating me on your SIL's infant potty training. yah, I'm actually not so sure this is real potty training more than learning how to read your kid's cues when s/he needs to eliminate. plus they say it takes a while for proper potty training which is usually reached by 18 months? so I guess you're pretty much spending 18 months teaching a kid how to be potty trained. anyway, I was thinking of introducing Skye to the pot and putting her on there in the morning right after she wakes up, which is when she does poo poo #1. she goes at least 3x a day. :rolleyes: but I have to get there on time because by the time I get my lazy butt out of bed, she has usually gone already. and I'm definitely not into the idea of her not wearing a diaper all day. maybe I'll just put her on there for a few minutes after her big meals and if she happens to pee or poo, I'll praise her like she walked on water or something.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Babiessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying of cuteness!

We had a big weekend, Aidan was christened on Saturday and on Sunday we had his "family" birthday party at my parents house. Yes, it's a week early, but we were up there so we figured "hey, why not?". Other than it being 95* and humid as heck, the weather was glorious and we had a wonderful time. Aidan liked his cupcake, but I don't think he was a huge fan.

020 for PS.jpg

073 for PS.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
HH~ Aww! Love the cake pic! Congrats and Happy Birthday, A!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Allie - lovely family pics. C looks younger because the sun is shining on his head. gee, those eyes!

HH - now that I see your husband, I have to say A looks like him. then again, he also looks like you in the baby pic you shared a few posts back... by the way, I'm jealous of your nice long slender fingers. you must be able to pull off all sorts of rings.

- - -

this is non-baby related, but I went to Luxembourg today. it wasn't nearly as interesting as Germany, but I did happen to walk by this jewelry store with my name the exact way it is spelled!

noelwr6911.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Noel, You should totally get a commemorative gift then :naughty: :Up_to_something: I'm so bad an encouraging bling related purchases!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I voted for Summer and so far, she's winning by a landslide!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww, I am loving all the pictures!!! :appl:

BASIL, wow, time is flying. what a doll!!!

KUNZITE, awww I love that face, so adorable!

ICEKID, J is adorable and growing so fast!

ALLIE, great pics of your little guy and family!!!

HH, aww, adorable!

AFM, Miles slept for 5 hrs straight the past 2 nights except for tonight. Hopefully he does it again and they sleep longer!!! I told hubby for Christmas I want the babies to start STTN. please santa. ;))

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing a very Happy Birthday to the oh so handsome and sweet Aidan Campbell! :appl:

Basil, never in a million years did I think I would be breastfeeding for this long (N is 13 months). If you would have told me when he was 1 or 2 months that I would still be nursing now, I would have laughed (or maybe cried!). I felt just like you do now - overwhelmed and trapped. I found a few things that helped me cope during those early days when N nursed a lot and for long periods. I read a lot while nursing and I played games on the itouch. Oh, and I always made sure I had a drink and the remote nearby! The first 4 months were the hardest by far. I include month 4 only because that's when I returned to work and the stress of getting out the door on time and pumping at work etc. definitely disrupted the little bit of a routine I had established. Once we settled in though, nursing was so much easier and became almost second nature for both of us. I guess my point is it will get easier and...maybe even just plain easy! Right now, I look at my friends who are fumbling with bottles and formula and I'm so glad I never had to be bothered with that.

Noel, I hope you're enjoying your much deserved German vacation!

Ice, Jumper doesn't look terribly small to me. I'm guessing he's been at the same place on the charts since early on so I wouldn't worry about it. DD was never even on the charts and I just rolled my eyes at every doc appt when they would point that out. She's 16 and still isn't on the charts! :lol: She's 5'2" and weighs around 90lbs. She's perfectly healthy.

AFU - Nolan is doing fabulous. I just adore this kid. He interacts with us so well now. He loves to do things over and over...and over again. It's very cute because he'll hand you things and point to things to get you to repeat whatever it is that he finds fun. He's walking everywhere. He barely crawls but he still can't get up without pulling up on something so, if he falls (which is A LOT), he'll crawl to something he can pull up on and resume walking.

Now to the yucky stuff - I had the D&E on Tuesday and physically it was easy. I felt better after than I had in weeks. Emotionally though - I've been an absolute wreck. I never ever thought it would be this difficult. Maybe I'm lucky but, in my 34 years, this is BY FAR the most difficult thing I've ever dealt with. Overall I just feel sad and broken. I'm struggling with DH because I'm finding that I'm a bit resentful that he doesn't seem *sad*. He clearly feels terrible for me but I don't think he sees this as a loss...and I, of course, would give anything to be looking forward to the birth of this baby. I really appreciate all of your kind words. They help tremendously. Posting my feelings here has been a good outlet because I can *write* them without falling apart. As soon as I try to *speak* them, the tears start to flow!

On a sort of *funny* note - at discharge the nurse told DH that he is to "do everything" for the next couple of days. DH happily obliged until about 5pm at which point he requested a nap! :lol:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Pupp~ What you're feeling towards your husband is normal. Men don't process MC like women do. He's also at a point where he HAS to be strong for you. Not because YOU need him to be strong, but because HE needs to be strong for you, as a man, as a husband, as a protector. Everyone grieves differently. Give yourselves time to heal and love each other.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pupp. I was just checking in on you. Glad the actual procedure went okay for you- are you taking your vacation? As for emotionally, I think it just sucks no matter what. Take your time and figure out what you need to heal. Hugs honey.

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pupp -- thinking of you, and hope you feel better soon. Glad you are okay (physically) after the procedure.

Loving all of the recent pics!!!

AFM -- I have a crawler now! So cute and getting to be so much fun! Had his first ear infection. I didn't know he had one (of course). He never pulled on his ear, but I knew something was up bc he wasn't sleeping/eating well, and was so clingy. He had had a bad cold, and it just manifested into an ear infection. The amoxycilin (sp?) is great bc it tastes like sweet tarts, so he LOVES it!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
came back home on Thursday and everything went will Skye, DH and my mom all together. apparently I should go away more often!

Skye turned 9 months on Thursday.

I bought a potty yesterday and put her on it after dinner and she went pee! I put her on it this morning after fruit and Cheerios and she went poo! obviously coincidental and it's just that I know that she usually goes after she eats, but it's just to get her used to the thing and that she's not scared of it. she cries when I first put her on it because it's cold and hard and just different, I guess. then I give her a toy and entertain her and take her off after 5 min or after she's done something.

having a nap with Daddy

portrait

on the pot actually doing something (the skin around her eyes get red when she's pushing)

noelwr9911-1.jpg

noelwr9911-2.jpg

noelwr10911.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it's quiet in here. Hopefully everyone has been busy enjoying their LOs during the holiday week.

Happy birthday Aidan!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results