shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
adorable pics! and puppmom, that is quite a difference!

here is my waking up from a milk coma contribution

skyemilkcoma.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
noelwr|1295548697|2827812 said:
adorable pics! and puppmom, that is quite a difference!

here is my waking up from a milk coma contribution

ROFL. I love the second one, all you see is the whites of the eyes, haha! How cute!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, Noel! Love it!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Noel--I was eating lunch at a restaurant with my mom and checking PS and I laughed outloud when I saw those. Very cute.

SS--how were the shots?

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
pupp - What a difference!!! So happy N's scalp is better.

noel - Hilarious!!

At what age did everyone's LO start to have something close to a schedule? O is all over the map and it's starting to wear me down. Sometimes he'll go 3 hours between feeds and then other times he'll wake up hungry after only an hour and a half. It doesn't seem to matter how much he ate before hand either. I wonder if he just can't tell if he's full or not? Maybe I just suck at reading his cues.

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Pupp -- gosh, I'm so glad you were able to get rid of that cradle cap!

Kunzite -- My LO was on a daytime feeding schedule of eating roughly every 3 hours around 10 weeks I think. Before that he was more like 2.5 hours or so ... but sometimes 2. Naps have always been inconsistent, though -- even now at 5 months. This kid doesn't like naps at all. Thankfully he does like to sleep at night, though <knocks on wood>.

Love all the milk coma photos!!! Here's my contribution ... you can see the milk droplet on his chin :)

ETA: Sorry that's so huge! I tried resizing, but now must tend to hungry baby.

t -milk-coma.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
ha ha! :D The 'milk coma' photos are hilarious! :bigsmile: DH said they all look like they're on drugs.... :lol: noelwr- that one of skye is especially funny!

mere - love that photo of C. What a handsome little man! He looks so cute and proud with his hands on his hips. beaming up the camera..... :))

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
noel that collage is great..!! the third pic, J used to always do that tongue thing, it must be a baby thing?? we laughed so hard.

love the milk drunk pictures!!

here's my contribution, from when J was just 1 day old. so long ago.

drunken sailor.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - are you sure he's hungry every time he wakes up? he could also be crying because he needs a diaper change or just wants to be cuddled. we know Skye is really hungry when she makes the piranha face and sucks on her fingers. we don't do baby-led feeding (another word for demand feeding). Skye has somewhat of a routine which started around 5 weeks. midnight to noon is when she sleeps the best. so right before midnight she gets a bottle, even if the previous feeding was 1.5 hrs before, and mostly she won't finish the bottle or just drink half, but it gets her through the night. we turn down the lights and put on soft music while she drinks, and though she is still awake when she goes into her crib, she is quiet (with a little bit of grunting or hiccups) and falls asleep on her own. then she wakes up anywhere between 5-7am. we wait until she starts crying because sometimes she makes sounds, but then goes back to sleep for an hour so no point of getting out of bed. she drinks a lot then because she went at least 5 hrs without and then falls back asleep. 3-4 hrs later (9-11am), I feed her again but she doesn't drink that much. and then she starts sleeping shorter spurts and gets the bottle every 2-3 hrs. so we are on 7 feedings a day, with 5 of them between noon and midnight. the bathing and changing clothes we do with the feed that comes before the midnight one. late afternoons and evenings are the worst with lots of crying, but it's worth the quiet from midnight to noon.

also note: she sleeps in her own room (in the dark, even!) or we'd wake up with every little sounds she makes. and she isn't breast-fed. formula takes longer to digest so she wouldn't wake up hungry as quickly as a breast-fed baby.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, N wasn't really on a schedule (and I use that term loosely!) until about 4 months. Even now, he throws us for a loop often. The best thing now is the longer naps - that definitely helps in terms of getting things accomplished and just catching a break.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All...just checking in. I love the throw back pictures. I am going to try to post some when I get home. Little Charlie is still SICK boo! It's going on 3 weeks now. His cough is getting progressively worse, it is a hacky wet cough that almost takes his breath away. This morning he was getting his medicine and started to hack and literally emptied the content of his stomach all over the changing table, it was all milk and mucous and shot out through his nose and mouth. I am bringing him back to the doctor on Saturday for the 4th time in 2 weeks. I just hope he gets better soon.

Lanie...how scary to hear about your little one. I have not read all the posts, how did everything work out?

:( :( :( :( :(

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Allie, maybe I'm being an alarmist but have you thought of mentioning the possibility of whooping cough to your pedi? We've had some cases locally. Symptoms are:

Symptoms
By Mayo Clinic staff

Once you become infected with whooping cough, it takes three to 12 days for signs and symptoms to appear. They're usually mild at first and resemble those of a common cold:

Runny nose
Nasal congestion
Sneezing
Red, watery eyes
A mild fever
Dry cough
After a week or two, signs and symptoms worsen. Severe and prolonged coughing attacks may:

Bring up thick phlegm
Provoke vomiting
Result in a red or blue face
Cause extreme fatigue
End with a high-pitched "whoop" sound during the next breath of air

However, many people — particularly infants, adolescents and adults — don't develop the characteristic whoop. Sometimes, a persistent hacking cough is the only sign that an adolescent or adult has whooping cough.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Allie, I'm so sorry that he is still sick, poor baby. I hope that the doctor will have a better answer for you! 3 weeks, that is just horrible for all of you!

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Skye: 6 weeks

here's Skye's Friday photo. she's such the little poser.

noelwrskye21jan.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Noelwr!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: She is gorgeous!!!

How are you doing and do you have a date scheduled for your surgery? I'm thinking about you!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies for the advice on schedules. As usual, I think I'm expecting too much of the little guy!!

We had the Barium Swallow this morning and it was not much fun. O didn't seem to mind the drink much but he spit nearly all of it up near the end and it stained everything white. Gross! The lady who was doing the test said something along the lines of "Reflux is spit up and all babies spit up." Um okay. So why are we doing this test? Haha! I still haven't been brave enough to try to harvest the poo for the lactose test. I think I'll wait until Monday since DH is off work :)

Happy Friday!

IMG_06782.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Loving the baby pics ladies!

Mara -- what is the blue light coming from? I still see the resemblance in his pictures now, obviously, but he has changed so much. Too cute!

Noel -- she is such a cutie! Are her eyes blue? They are quite pretty and her skin looks great.

Kunzite -- so hopefully the barium test was just him drinking, and then the eventual spit up? I don't know if ours will come to that, but in case it does, I'm not excited about it. That is a funny comment the nurse said. Almost discounting the whole procedure. Cute pic! I know noel asked you about the Asian eyes thing, but you and your DH aren't Asian, right? His eyes are very pretty as well.

Here's Anderson's pic. Yesterday he turned a month old, so we took the usual picture with the stuffed animal and one month sticker. These are the outtakes, but they are funny since he's laughing at the lamb in one of them. He's interacting more with his toys, which is so cool. He has these 3 colorful toys on his bouncy chair which he will stare at and smile at for a loooong time. So cute! :love:

DSC00375.JPG

DSC00379a.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my cuteness, these babies are adorable :love: :love: I can't believe how much the newborns have grown LAINE, KUNZITE, and NOEL, all beautiful. :love:
MARA, MONKEY, PUP, SHA, HUDSON, SS and TURTLE lol, love the milk comas, too cute! :D I was looking at the past few pages and soooooooo many precious Beautiful babies!!! :love: PS does have the most beautiful babies :appl: MER, happy 9 mos, adorable!!!

ETA: aww, ICEKID, jumper is adorable!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Here are my baby pic friday contributions...

first out on our walk, the only day it was warm enough to go out. He is obsessed with sticking out his tongue and licking things. I have some hilarious tongue hanging out photos!

And the second was my fav smile pic of the week because he looks so happy :love:

Jump_0268 (2).jpg

Jump_0118.jpg

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my milk coma picture!

IMG_1577.JPG

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
Kunzite - never mind what I said about routine. here I am at 4am in the morning. she woke up at 3. go figure. but at least she almost finished a bottle. O has still got the Asian look!

Bella - thanks! and my surgery is scheduled for Tuesday the 25th.

Lanie - so cool that A is interacting with his toys. Skye kind of looks at stuff I give her and then after a while looks away. maybe she's got ADD. her eyes are the dark blue-gray color that is still supposed to change (to brown, is my guess). her skin looks better in the pic, but it is less pimply than a couple of weeks ago. she also has cradle scalp on her brows.

icekid - we noticed Skye is licking things, too, but I thought it's because she's looking for her pacifier...

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Here's K just after Christmas (9.5 months). She loved her new maracas. Had to balance all the cute little baby photos with one of an older kiddo.
Not much new here. Still pumping, and tooth #2 is emerging.

Kara maracas small.JPG

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Drk--her hair is getting redder! What a beautiful little girl. Love the maracas...good gift idea.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
The milk pics are hilarious.

Noel-skye is so beautiful! I love her pose lol!

Kunzite-O is such an adorable little boy! And cheekies!! Love them!

Lanie-Anderson is sooo cute! Wow, one month already! He looks like he's plotting in those pics ;-)

Icekid-Jumper is adorable! His smile made me smile!!

DrK-Kara is adorable and getting so big! Hope you are doing well!!!

Enjoy the little ones girls! They grow up so fast! :D

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
All the bebes are so cute..!! LOL @ DRK.. I feel so far removed from the early baby days, but I lurve seeing the pics. K is such a little darling, looking like she's lovin' the maracas!

Lanie, J had jaundice when he was born, if his levels did not decrease they might have recommended a transfusion, so he had his little portable bili light pad on. It made him look like a glo-worm when we held him all swaddled up.

My baby is going to be one year old in less than 2 weeks. So crazy. I'm kind of wondering what we are supposed to do to celebrate on his actual birthday which is on a Tuesday... it's not like he cares at all at this point, but maybe I'll make him a little cake and a dinner or something.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
LOVE ALL THE PICS!!! :love: Thanks for sharing! Looking at the past two pages makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.....so many cute babies. :))

Mere - D's bday was on a Tuesday too, so we had the same dilemma. I ended up just dressing her up in a special onesie and hair ribbons, and a little 'Happy Birthday' brooch she had gotten at church, so that she could look special on that day (not that she noticed or cared, though ;-) ). They sang Happy Birthday for her at daycare, too. On my way home from work I bought her a little iced cupcake to celebrate. We had a little family get-together/party on the Saturday to celebrate properly.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
K's bday is on a Wed. It's also my Mom's bday, and she's coming up to visit. I'll probably bake a cake and one small cupcake the night before. Maybe I could try a carrot cake with cream cheese icing? I don't want to give her anything too sickly sweet.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Welp we have a diagnosis...today his lungs sounded wheezy so they said bronchiolitis, and we have to do breathing treatments until the virus is out of his system. He does seem to be feeling better once he is not struggling to breathe as much. VERY scary but I am glad that I kept going back, his lungs were crystal clear just on tuesday and he was wheezing today. I just want my little guy back, today we were seeing glimpses of his personality coming back.

He got a little mask with a dalmation on it. He looks so pathetic with the mask on :( poor bub.

167639_924466025602_9105265_48289471_58882_n.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Allie. I'm glad you were persistent with the docs. Momma knows best! What a big boy taking his breathing treatment like a champ.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results