shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Diva - wow, walking already! He''ll be running aroudn before you know it!

NF - We''ve looked into the loan issue, and shouldn''t have a problem getting a second loan.

Dreamer - when Kyle first discovered rolling over we had a week or so with the same thing Hunter is doing, he''d roll over and get "stuck". I guess newness of rolling over wore off, and Kyle stopped and just stayes on his back now, so maybe Hunter will get over it. A sleep positioner might be worth a try, or even rolled up blankets.

We found a house we''re really interested in, it has a huge yard, and although it''s older than I am, the inside has been completely remodeled, with hard wood floors and an amazing kitchen! And all the schools are within a mile of the house! We haven''t been in it yet, but they have like 25 pics with the listing and it looks perfect. It''s also only 1.5 miles from my office. I''m going to talk to a mortgage broker tomorrow just to make sure we''ll be able to qualify before we go any further on the hunting.

And the last 2 days Kyle hasn''t been eating very well, he normally eats 7-8 ounces at each feeding, but he''s been taking less than 6 each time and then just playing with the bottle. I fed him a little extra oatmeal to try to make up for it, but it still doesn''t seem like he''s eating as much as normal. He''s not fussing and is acting fine, so I''m not sure what''s up. He also hasn''t pooped since Friday, when he managed to poop straight up his side and all over his clothes. How is that even possible?!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
cdt, how scary! Glad Lex is okay now. I hope it doesn''t happen again.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, big hugs cdt -- I''m just aching for you going through that experience.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cdt. Oh how scary. That''s the stuff that brings you to your knees. How is Lex doing now??? HUGS!!!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
just wanted to say HI to everyone. i''ve been completely MIA (basically since the mommy thread was divided, i think), but now i''m finally caught up with my reading...
35.gif

i will try to be a more faithful poster. like brgirl (i think) said, even for those of us who DON''T post that often, it is so helpful to read everything here...THANKS!

a quick catch-up...coby is now over 8 months old and doing great. eating solids like a champ. i can''t believe he was once 5 lbs...now he''s quite the bruiser. sleeping is still a bit of an issue for us, but we''ve started trying some modified CIO and although he can hold his own (went over an hour the first night...and so did i!!), i think it''s getting better. he''s not quite crawling yet, although he REALLY wants to. and STILL no teeth!

anyway, thanks for all your insightful and helpful posts, and know that there are a lot of us that do read and appreciate everything (even if we''re more quiet).

here''s a semi-recent pic of my sweetie chilling in his new BOB (which i adore, by the way!):

coby609.jpg

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
CDT: just wanted to say i''m so sorry you had to go through that! how utterly terrifying. i''m at once glad they didn''t find anything wrong, and yet sad that they couldn''t identify the problem. good look with the continuous monitor. hang in there!

lili

Ideal_Rock
LIA--
Awwww....look at that little pucker
30.gif
30.gif

What a little cutie.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
thanks lili!!
i''m all caught up here on the 0-12mo thread...now i need to head over to the toddler thread so i can hear (read?) what''s going on with all of your cuties. or at the very least, look at the pictures!!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
This will be quick because I should be pumping right now then off to work...

CDT - how terrifying. Poor little guy.

LIA - Coby's adorable!!

Last night was long. George vomited (flying vomit, not spit up) 3 times between 8 and 10, so we called the nurse on call. She said that it met their criteria for wanting him seen within 4 hours, but that since he showed no signs of dehydration and no other signs of sickness, she'd recommend feeding him for 5 min every 30 min until about 3 am, then taking him into the doc this morning if G did ok with that, and taking him into the ER if he vomited even one more time or started to seem off in any other way. Well, no more vomit or anything thankfully, but I'm just beat today.

Hope everyone's doing well.

ETA- I think that their guidelines about when to see a doc for vomiting change at 12 weeks, and he's 11w6d.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
cdt, how scary. Hope everything is ok now.

LIA, great to see you and Coby. He's growing up so fast!!

For my 9 month buddies, here's the scoop on Lucy:
First of all, holy crap, my baby is going to be ONE in 3 months!
6.gif
It has gone by so freaking fast, I can't believe it.

So we had her 9 month appointment this morning and she's still gigantic!

Weight - 22 lbs. 11 oz. (96th%)
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Height - 29 1/4 " (93rd%)
Head - 45 cm (78th%)

She's doing really great. When the doctor came to get us from the waiting room, she was surprised to see Lucy standing up at a table, babbling and playing with toys! She said her behavior/maturity level is on par with a toddler!! She has hit all her milestones and then some. She has no concerns about her and feels that her size is nothing to be worried about--she doesn't look big because everything is in proportion and she will lose her thunder thighs when she starts walking which could be soon! So everything went really well and we have no issues. We'll continue with table foods and I'll probably start to get her completely off the bottle in a couple months since she can totally work a sippy cup. We'll go back in 3 months for her ONE YEAR appointment and she'll receive all of her vaccinations on schedule.

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
Blen: thanks...sounds like you had an awful night. i''m glad that he''s doing better today. are you still going to take him to the doctor this morning?

Curly: thanks! wow--lucy is such a big girl! sounds like she''s doing amazingly well, though. would love to see a 9 month pic. :)

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Quick post: on way home from our weekend getaway...

Neat- congrats!
DD- I couldn''t stop thinking about them all weekend..and I don''t think I will go w.o. Them anymore! But I wasn''t worried bc my fam took care of them
I use the sleep positioners from day 1.

Cdt- o man
7.gif
...I was thinkin about ya and was gonna page ya on here when I got back...I was crying reading ur post! Im so sorry hun that u went thru that and I really hope this doesn''t happen again!...I was looking at the alimentum at walmart ystdy and I will start it next week..thanks!...plz keep us posted on lex and how he''s doing!

Blen- o no! Did u try putting him on pedialyte or that wasn''t recommended? What in the world could that have been?

LIA- cody is the cutest!..and so big already!

Mela- will def do the cd..thanks!

AFM- had a great weekend..picture it sicily....me in a bubble filled whirlpool,candles,wine...(oh and dh was there too)....aaahhh was nice but yeh was thinkin of kids all the time and missin them a lot but I trust my sis with my life so I knew they were ok...soo had a weird issue this weekend...apparently dh wants to have more kids!...not now but later on....and I was under the impression that we are done...and I don''t want more kids...I duno what to do or say????

Be back when I get home!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
LIA, good to see you!!! Coby is so cute and growing up fast!

curly, sounds like Lucy is doing great! I can''t believe our kids will be ONE soon! CRAZY!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Blen - Kyle did something similar about a month ago, shooting vomit about 3 feet
38.gif
. They had us bring him in also, but didn''t really find anything wrong with him. We tried pedialyte in small amounts, and then formula in small amounts the next day, and he seemed to get over it and didn''t throw up any more after that. What they''re worried about is a condition where their intestines constrict too much and no food gets through. I hope George is doing better now!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
curly, sounds like Lily is doing fab! Great news and good job mama
36.gif

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
cdt, I''m so sorry about the scare you had the other night! I hope he''s okay! Glad to hear the formula seems to be helping.!!

Mgal, that''s great that you''ve found a house that might work! Bummer about Kyle not eating well right now though.

LIA, nice to "see" you here! You and Coby look great (saw the photos you posted of you two and your carriers). I''m glad he likes the Bob so much! I hope his sleep gets better soon!

Blen, sounds like you had a really rough night - I''m so sorry! I hope George is feeling better today!

Curly, That''s great that Lucy is doing so well!! You must be so proud!

nyc, glad you had a nice trip!

We''re still on the mend. S had a relatively good weekend but she''s still really stuffed up at night and we both have a terrible cough. She was up a bunch last night so I finaly swaddled her at 2 which seemed to help her sleep a bit better. My in-laws are visiting and they''re watching her today - I hope it goes okay. They''re so excited to spend time with her that all they want to do is play so she doesn''t nap well when they''re around. I really hope they let her sleep some...

I hope you all have a nice monday!
Mrs

Burk

Ideal_Rock
cdt~Scary! Glad everything is okay and am so happy to hear that he is doing better on the Alimentum.

curly~What a big girl you have there!! Sounds like she''s doing great!

Blen~Sorry for the rough night!

35.gif
to everyone else! MS is kicking my butt and I''m lucky to keep up with just the toddler thread. Hope all the mommies are doing well!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
thanks NYC! your weekend sounds amazing. but i totally know what you mean about thinking about your kiddos all the time. i still haven''t been away from coby for more than a few hours or so (he refuses to drink from ANYTHING except my boobs, the little stinker), but even then i think about him! by the way, i hope that jon is healing ok. i wanted to chime in regarding the bris debate, but i read everything too late. we are jewish and had a typical bris on day 8 of coby''s life, complete with about 65 people at our house (WHAT was i thinking?!?!). it was really hard for me to watch, but honestly, he let out a tiny squeak when the moyel anesthetized him before the ceremony and then SLEPT through the actual procedure. seriously! and really seemed fine right afterwards when he finally woke up. hope you are doing ok!

SNLEE:
35.gif
how are you?? sounds like d is doing GREAT!! i always think of you as my special ps pregnancy buddy because of how similar our bedrest situations were (hope that didn''t sound too weird!!)

MRS: good to see you too!! i''m glad you guys are feeling better. the worst we''ve gone through with coby so far is a slight cold and even that was bad enough. i can''t imagine when they''re really sick and so are you!!!

MGAL: hope the eating gets better. vomiting is never fun...

BURK: HI!!! i never congratulated you on the pregnancy...so CONGRATS!! i''m sorry you''re having morning sickness...i remember it all too well. i''ve told dh we can start "trying" again in august (i know...what am i thinking?!), so maybe we''ll be on the preggo board together. :)

not much going on here. i have an ENORMOUS licensing exam coming up in about 6 weeks. i was supposed to take it last august (only offered once a year), and i studied my butt off for it (took off a full month of work to only study, etc), but went on bedrest 5 days before the test. i can''t believe it''s been a year and i have to study again. it is SO MUCH HARDER with a little dude around, not to mention working. thank goodness he''s not mobile yet, but i know it''s coming soon. MUST.GET.OFF.PRICESCOPE.AND.GO.STUDY...NOW!!!!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
hey ladies! Thanks so much for the concern...it really means a lot.

Well unfortunately there was another episode, but at least this time we happened to be at our peditrician''s office when it happened! Our ped really thinks it''s reflux because this time once the nurse patted his back (hard) he spit up. It had been 2 hours since he''d eaten. So he''s referring us to a gastric pedi and wants us to use the monitor for at least a few months if not longer.

Scary stuff.....

Sorry I can''t respond to everyone, just got back from the doc and need to get some sleep! Again, thanks for the concern and once things settle down I promise to be a better poster
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 1:29:09 PM
Author: lover in athens
SNLEE:
35.gif
how are you?? sounds like d is doing GREAT!! i always think of you as my special ps pregnancy buddy because of how similar our bedrest situations were (hope that didn''t sound too weird!!)

not much going on here. i have an ENORMOUS licensing exam coming up in about 6 weeks. i was supposed to take it last august (only offered once a year), and i studied my butt off for it (took off a full month of work to only study, etc), but went on bedrest 5 days before the test. i can''t believe it''s been a year and i have to study again. it is SO MUCH HARDER with a little dude around, not to mention working. thank goodness he''s not mobile yet, but i know it''s coming soon. MUST.GET.OFF.PRICESCOPE.AND.GO.STUDY...NOW!!!!
I know what you mean! I always think of you as my special PS pregnancy buddy too. I can''t believe it''s been a YEAR! Good luck on your exam! I''m sure you''ll do great! Are you still working part time?

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Mrs, hope you both feel better soon!

cdt, scary! So sorry you have to go through that. I hope they figure out what''s wrong soon.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
cdt - that''s scary that it happened again! At least the doctor was able to see the issue. I hope it clears us soon!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs- thanks...so nice when family can watch the lo''s...im sure it exciting for them and it really sux that its taking so long for a full recovery but it will get better soon!

Cdt- urgh! It is good that pedi got to witness it and see for himself but what a scary sight! I really hope this gets resolved with the gastric doc!

LIA- thanks for sharing about the bris..I know what u mean when u say what was I thinking...everyone tells me that with their stories as to y they regret the whole party thing but ...it is healed pretty much...he was calm when the moehl did it but he cried n screamed a lot during the day afterwards...I couldn''t stand listening to it!.....
I wish u soo much luck wit the exam..I hate studying btw lol.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
scary stuff here ladies!
thinking of you CDT and Blen. Keep us posted - hopefully both turn out to be nothing serious.

Romeo is 4 weeks. How did that happen?
eta: whoa that was large. sorry!!!! check out the tear on the left cheek. lol

RomeoPortrait.jpg

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
MELA: sooo cute! love the tear!

CDT: scary scary...but so glad the pedi could witness it first hand. and glad that you will see a GI doc!

SNLEE; yup, still working part time. it''s a great balance for me. i work 1/2 days on tues and wed and all day thursday. how is work going for you? are you still pumping??

NYC: yes, our bris was out of control. thankfully my MIL and my mom basically took care of everything. all i had to do was shower myself,get dressed, and feed and bathe the baby. which is good, b/c honestly i don''t think i could have handled much more than that!!

ok, baby up!! bye!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
cdt what a scary thing to go through. i hope they are able to figure out what is going on.

LIA your boy is so handsome!!! and he looks like he lOVES his BOB.

mela cute pic. how are you guys doing? how is romeo doing?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yippeeee!

I went and bought a manual breast pump today and Hunter took 2oz. of expressed milk from a bottle tonight!
36.gif
That means I get a night off this weekend!

I was only able to pump 2oz. though, and BFed him after he was done. I''ll keep practicing and storing the milk, and then DH can just defrost what he needs this weekend.

Question: For those of you who use bottles, how do you handly night feeds?? Right now Huter wakes crying and I just feed him. When your babies wake crying do you ignore them while you go heat a bottle? Or do you wake them to feed at a certain time??

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MEla Cute city! Looks like a fake tear!

Blen Glad he seems ok!!

CDT Ooog reflux
14.gif
I''m glad it happened at the docs so you know what its all about! Hope it passes soon!

NYC Welcome back!''

Curly What a nice sized baby you have! And well developed, you sure know how to grow ''em. Are you sure you shouldn''t have more?
3.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
George seemed fine today. Today''s nurse said that since he was continuing to do fine, she didn''t think that he needed to come in. Glad it''s nothing.

NYC - the on call nurse last night asked if we had pedialyte (?) in the house and when I said that we didn''t, she didn''t think it was worth going out and getting it. Breastmilk vs formula might call for diff things though. George went to my company picnic on Saturday and there was a bit of "pass the baby" going on, so I wouldn''t have been surprised if he caught a little bug from all the people. It sounds like you had a great weekend!

Mela, what a little charmer. He''s seriously adorable.

Curly, glad Lucy''s doing so well!!

LIA - good luck with your upcoming exam!

CDT - thinking of Lex.

DD - I nurse at night, so no help there I''m afraid.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
MELA- hehe tooo cute!

DD- as soon as baby starts crying i either run to put the bottle in a hot water cup and then tend to him/her..change diaper etc and then hold and bop while it warms a bit...or tend to baby first then get bottle in fridge and run under hot water for a bit...i dont mind the formula being cool (not cold)..honestly my sis never warmed my nieces bottles
6.gif
but she turned out just fine!

LIA- yeh i couldnt handle anything! i decided it be best to stay away and not speak to anyone lol

Blen- i would keep a pack of pedialyte in the house...thats what i do now bc u neva know...yeh hate the pass the baby game..i try to limit ppl contact lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results