shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
hi mommies...just pooping in to say...

viz so sorry that c is going through all the ear infections. poor baby and poor mommy. but that pic is so darn cute!!

ginger hugs....sorry to hear about the abscess. hoping that everything gets better for you guys real soon.

mara hope you are able to get your supply back up. are you still supplementing with formula? apparently i make milk by the gallon as well. since N''s been STTN at 7 weeks, i only nurse about 4 times a day, sometimes 3, and you would think that my dang body would be good at regulating my milk supply, but NOPE! i don''t get up in the middle of the night to pump, but after i give him his morning feed, i pump because they still feel full. J is so adorable!!

LOVE the pics!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger - how old is A? So sorry it''s an abscess. Can it heal without an I&D? Maybe sick leave and a private room in hosp to cpntinue BF and room in with DH and A would be best? Can they put in a pigtail catheter instead to ensure it drains? What does your DH do for work? With hours like yours, there''s not much more you can do at home. Can you and DH do shifts at night to each get 4 hours straight of sleep? Get well soon!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
such CUTE pics...!!! mtj, those eyes!! burk love the little smile, it reminds me of J! PS babies are adorable.

puffy...yeah we are still formula supplementing, we never stopped. i figured that at some point he''d go to all formula anyway so i just left it in because then at least his system is used to it and there''s no big transition later. before we left J was getting about 1 part formula for every 2 parts BM but since coming back it''s more like 1:1 ratio since i am making less.

it''s kind of ironic, because this whole supply thing has shown me...while i have no issues with formula at all and J seems to be fine with the combo thing, i actually really hope i can go a while longer with BM. i kind of just thought my mindset was like ''well whatever happens'' but now i am like..WAIT i want to keep going. my original goal was 4 months but now that i am coming up on it i am HOPING to go 6 months. hopefully going back to work won''t put too much of a crimp in the plans.

viz...i was reading back over my post and i hope i didn''t sound like i was saying you guys should continue with CIO while he was sick, i mean continue with the getting him used to the crib thing and hoping it gets better.

ginger...when it rains it pours, big hugs to you guys. is your hub working or did he take time off? do you guys have a nanny or household help? if not, you might want to consider it because it sounds like you both are stretched really thin. esp if you are not getting much sleep, your schedule is just grueling. how are you supposed to ''sustain'' that??

re: Mothers Day...so funny i was lunching today with my 2 gf''s who have babies the same age as J (well one is literally 2 days older and the other is 4 weeks younger) and we were saying it doesn''t even seem real to have this be our first Mother''s Day. maybe because our babies are still so young. it is just surreal, hahaa. and we don''t have anything crazy planned, just brunch at my mom''s house. Greg did say that if i wanted to get some jewelry item that is a combo MD/6th anniversary gift that i should think about it, but honestly i don''t know what i''d want that i would actually WEAR so for now i am mentally tabling it.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, Viz, so sorry to hear about the ear infection. Hopefully the ENT will be able to help...how do you feel about tubes if that''s what they suggest? I really hope he gets better soon!

Ginger, so sorry to hear about the abscess. Dust for a quick recovery.

Happy (early) mothers day to everyone! I can''t believe how wonderful it is to have dh have weekends off this month! He got home early yesterday so we went to the aquarium! Jacks really loved it and cried when we walked through parts that didn''t have fish to look at! Today we''re having my friends from my mommy''s group over for dinner, and tomorrow dh made reservations at a nice restaurant for brunch. Life is seriously so different when dh is around even just a little bit

And Jacks has a new nickname...vampire baby! He''s been getting his top two teeth in, and these are much worse, so lately he''ll crawl or cruise over to people and bite them! This morning he grabbed my foot, and I thought he was just playing, but all of a sudden he bit my toe! It was gross and painful at the same time! He wants nothing to do with traditional teethers though.

Here is a pic from the aquarium yesterday.

100_2647s.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Sabine: Pictures of the aquarium always make me smile....I was going to have my reception there (Actually the shrimp cocktail part of the buffet would have been right where you two are! haha!) but just wound up having the ceremony there.

Question: E has a tendency to pull on his ears and scratch them which then causes gross bleeding on his ears....is this just a phase? could be something else? He doesn''t have an ear infection.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
DRK - I''ve been meaning to say that she looks a lot like George did at that age (and he still looks like that against other babies). He''s always been long and skinny, and most recently was 90th percentile for height and 45th for weight. I think it''s just genetics, plus he''s always been a fairly active baby - not really happy just sitting back and watching things. So with him at least, I don''t think that the weight is anything to worry about - it''s just the way he is. I think that baby fat rolls are super cute though, and feel a little bit bummed that George has never really had them. I hope that you get to relax about the initial weight gain soon. And after that, I''d really just keep looking for happy and growing overall rather than comparing her to other babies.
2.gif

Oh, and Carters worked really well for George. I love BabyGap clothing, but their onesies were really not built for George - torso way too short for the width. He has a fair amount of BabyGap now that he''s in toddler clothing rather than the one-piece baby clothing though.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I weighted her this am, and the weight gain was only 10g over the past 2 days (should have been 30 at least). So it''s back to supplementing her more for me. And making sure she eats a little more often. She only had one massive poop yesterday, though it''s about the time now when they can start pooping less often. The worry never ends!

Blen - thanks for piping up. Must try to find a carters outlet next time I''m in the States. Kara''s only just under 10th percentile for weight now, and is about 95th for length...

Sha

Ideal_Rock
All the pics are so cute!!!

viz - ugh....
7.gif
I'm so sorry about C's ear infection again. It sucks that you finally decided to try CIO and then have such a horrible outcome.
7.gif
I feel for yo
7.gif
! I hope C gets better soon. That's such an adorable pic of him sleeping on his pillow.

November - Olivia is precious. I love the shape of her eyes.
Mara - Julian is soo handsome!

drk - cute! I think she's a 'banana baby' for sure. Look at the length of her body! My friend's baby is long and lean, just like her. Carters' onesies are longer than average, so should work well for your LO.

mtjoya - wow! those eyes!
30.gif

burk - awww....look at that pwetty smile!
1.gif

Sabine - cute pic! What fun!

Had a pretty trying day, yesterday. A toddler at Dalila's daycare ran over to her while she was sitting innocently in her carseat, and scratched her on her face and bit her arm. When I went to pick her up at lunchtime she had a bruised nose, three scratches beneath her eye, and teeth marks on her arm!!!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
I was so upset!!! The daycare ladies explained everything that happened and were really, really apologetic about it. Apparently, one of the ladies had turned her back to make a bottle (the other one was bathing one of the other babies) and that's when the toddler ran over and did what she did. The lady happened to see her running away and that's when she saw what she had done. They said it seemed 'calculated' because the girl made sure noone was watching when she did it, and then ran away.
38.gif
I think maybe this little girl may have some emotional issues stemming from her home environment, that made her act so aggressively. The daycare owner will be dealing with the matter but it's just so upsetting and concerning to me when I think about it.
38.gif
I guess this is just part of having your child in daycare.....?
8.gif

Here's my late as usual contribution to BPF -, Dalila chilling in her bath.

dalilabath.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sha, oh no! Glad Dalila is ok! So do they keep the babies and older children together? At my daycare the babies have their own rooms and don''t really interact with the older children, although babies stay until they are 16 months, so some of them can walk. One older baby used to pet Claire in her crib while she was trying to sleep, but now he''s "transitioned" out of the baby room.

Ginger, so sorry about the abscess! Healing vibes your way . . .

I just had to let Claire CIO to go down for a nap. I don''t know what was wrong. I tried to feed her (no go), her diaper was clean, she wouldn''t chomp on my finger or take a pacifier so I don''t think it was teething pain. It was just clear that me holding her wasn''t really helping, so I just gave up. It took about 20 minutes on her own for her to fall asleep, and after she did, she kept hiccuping/sighing from her long cry. I know we''re lucky that she''s 6 months old and she usually is very easy to make happy; otherwise I probably would have tried CIO sooner. But after a morning of watching her by myself (DH at bike race), I just couldn''t walk/bounce her forever when it didn''t seem to help anyway. Her cries didn''t seem really distressed or panicky; they were just not letting up. Hmmm.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PG sometimes we have to do that with J for a nap...when nothing else is working and I refuse to sit there bouncing and rocking like a madwoman when I know he''s fine and probably just cranky or overtired. Actually, lately I just randomly noticed we have not really had to ''rock/bounce'' him in a while either for night or naps. I guess he is kind of growing out of that. At night he doesn''t even fight us anymore, I think part of it is the Miracle Blanket, that thing really is a miracle hahaa...we swaddle him up and he is all smiling at us, then we pacifier him and walk him in and I just do like 15 seconds of swaying and shh''s, kiss his cheek, put him down and he immediately turns his face to the wall and starts falling asleep. Then I go in about 20-30 min later to make sure his pacifier fell out (if it didn''t then I remove it) and turn down the BCM.

For naps, we have been doing hands free and he is getting better with it too which is great as I''d like to transition him from swaddle maybe in another 1-2 months since he''s growing like a weed and the MB might not hold his length for too much longer.

Does anyone else''s LO ''frog leg'' when they are sleeping? J loves to rest like this. I love it personally.

Sha...sooo sorry about D at daycare! Poor thing!! And yeah that toddler sounds like a fun little thing. Boo.

Sabine..lol re the vampire baby. That is kinda funny.

DRK...Carters also has an online store where the prices rival their shops too, so you could prob order and have it shipped to someone in US if they don''t ship to Canada. I love Carters stuff...it''s cheap and durable and super cute. But I wish more of their cute sleepers came without FEET because J''s feet are always hitting the end of the sleeper and the rest is all big on him. I''m close to wanting to cut some of them off so that they are just holes. Classy! LOL.

Happy Pre-Mothers Day ladies..!! It''s a beautiful day here so we plan to get out and enjoy it with the kid once he''s up from his nap.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to wish you all a Happy Mother''s Day! I hope you all enjoy your first Mother''s Day! I love all the baby pictures! They are all so cute!

ginger, big hugs to you.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Mother''s Day to you all!!!! I hope you enjoy your first Mother''s Day, everyone!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2010 10:20:30 PM
Author: snlee
I wanted to wish you all a Happy Mother''s Day! I hope you all enjoy your first Mother''s Day! I love all the baby pictures! They are all so cute!

ginger, big hugs to you.
Ditto. Have a wonderful first mother''s day...it''s a day well deserved and I hope you are all reminded of how special you are!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Happy mother''s day everyone. I hope you all enjoy your special day with your little lovies!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Mother''s Day!!

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some pictures of Evan playing out in the grass.

evangrass.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
and another...

evangrass2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Mother's Day everyone!! One of my friends had a great way to say it... something like 'you'll have a lifetime of Mother's Days but today will be your very first'. Kinda crazy when you think of it that way!! Hope everyone is enjoying a great day with their LO's and families!

Greg is actually traveling today for just a one day thing for work for some training in MA. He planned it like six months ago...not realizing that this is Mothers Day Sunday...BOO!!! So he leaves around noon. I'll head over to my Mom's with the baby for the afternoon, but it's so sad that my first MD is cut short with G.

Anyway, he bought me some beautiful roses and he's currently making me breakfast (in interesting thing to watch heheee.

Julian greeted me today with smiles and by not finishing his morning bottle as in only eating HALF. Lovely, little waster. Hehee.

On the flip side the BB's seem to be bouncing back finally... they don't feel that great since I have been torturing them with the pump but at least supply is up. Though J doesn't seem to love BB feeding anymore, he is lazier than ever since he's so used to the bottle and he tends to get frustrated and start to cry on the boob after about 10 min and I end up giving him a bottle anyway and pumping. So since I am going back to work in a few weeks I might just take him off the boob and pump that third time too, I'm going to see how he does in the next few days.

Tao, such cute pics!! Love those eyes.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY MOTHER''S DAY, PRETTY MAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the mother''s day wishes!

Happy Mothers Day everyone!!

My mom is here and we''re just hanging out. We were suppose to go to the keys but cancelled because of everyone''s schedules. Sophia is napping now and FI is starting on dinner.

Hope you all have a beautiful day!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to stop by super quickly and wish a happy mother''s day to my favorite mamas!!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for the support, the friendship and the laughs!. I feel lucky that I have this little place to come to share and learn from you all because you all really ROCK as moms!! So thanks ladies!!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
happy mommy''s day!!! hope everyone has a fabulous day with the kid(s)!!

Layney

Rough_Rock
Ginger I''m sorry about the absess. You''ve been through so much already. Hugs and dust for a speedy recovery.

Sabine lol at your little vampire baby. Hopefully Jacks finds a teether he likes better than mama''s toe :)

Tao Is there any chance E is teething and feeling the pain in his ears? Not sure if that can happen, but it''s a thought.

DRK Sorry about the weight gain worries. It is true that motherhood is one worry after after another. It broke my heart a little when I had to start supplementing Oliver, I wanted so badly to EBF him for at least 6 months. But in the end, all that matters is that he gets fed. You''ve done an amazing job of BFing this long, despite the challenges you''ve faced. Kara is a lucky girl and she looks like she''s doing beautifully. I''m not sure where in Canada you are, but if you can, I really recommend visiting the Newman Breastfeeding Clinic. Dr. Newman had lots of helpful suggestions, helped me to make the most of my very limited supply, and generally made me feel better about BFing.

Viz Am thinking about you and poor little C - hope he''s feeling better already.

November Olivia is so beautiful - such a little princess.

Sha The toddler attack sounds so stressful. I hope you''re feeling better about it now and that the daycare owner does something to deal with the aggressive child. Dalila is lovely!

Phoenix Oliver is doing the same thing at naptime as Claire. Sometimes it seems as if he actually wants to cry because nothing else is the matter. I mostly just hold him/rock him and it takes a long time for him to calm down. Let me know if you figure it out :)

Mara We are totally dependent on the MB - we tried a large swaddling blanket last night and for the first time all week, O woke up at 2am. He''s right at the very end of the MB (he''s 26" long now) and we need to find an alternative fast. I''m ordering a Woombie today to see if that will do the trick.

Happy Mother''s Day Everyone!!! Hope you all have a fabulous day with your families.

My lovely DH forgot all about it, but I''m not too fussed. He let me have a nap this afternoon, and somehow after sleep, all is forgiven :) He''s never been much for holidays, but bends over backwards to make my life easier every day
30.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Tao, Evan with the flower is just SO CUTE!!!

Layney, glad to hear I''m not alone with the weird nap development. I''m just going with my gut instinct to tell me when she''s really distressed versus when she''s just crying because who knows why. Glad you got a nap and have a helpful DH!

Happy Mother''s Day to all! I love having the support here. Without PS, getting through the hard parts of the last six months would have been a lot harder. You''ve helped me through my baby blues, my pumping madness, and my soon to end re-entry into the work place. (BTW, I''m thinking no on the newspaper adviser thing. I think it''s too likely it would become an annoyance, not an outlet.)

Claire pooped on my MIL for Mother''s Day. I am an evil person who thought that was funny.
11.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone! I haven''t had time to read up on everyone''s posts since I had my little Connor 11 days ago, but I just wanted to post a drive-by to wish a Happy Mother''s Day to you all!

Also, here''s a pic of my son Andrew singing to baby Connor in the hospital when he was 1 day old - they printed the uncropped version in the Mother''s Day Gallery of our local paper:

andsingtocon.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Happy Mother's Day to all in the USA - we had ours here in the UK on Mothering Sunday a while back...

Back from France and with a gazillion pages to catch up on! No internet access all week sadly.

However we did have satellite TV, so DH and I managed to have our usual General Election all nighter watching the results come in, and sacrificed the trip to see the Bayeaux tapestry since we didn't go to bed till midday on the Friday. Interesting one and I'm not sure how to call the outcome, I'm hoping for something like a National Government like we had during WWII till we get out of the current economic situation followed by another GE with an outright Conservative win, but will probably not happen.

Otherwise a both sad and happy night watching some good friends lose their seats and others gain them... nail-biting stuff at times. I wasn't standing for election locally this time round, but I was glad to see that my successor kept the seat, even if my 1,000 vote majority was slashed to less than 200 votes
23.gif

France was great - if cold... Daisy had a great time and was spoilt rotten by everyone. She's walking everywhere now and trying to run so we've added to the tally of bumps, bruises and cuts. I'm ordering baby reins this week so I can stop chasing her so much! She's starting to use more words now... we've added 'cat', 'moo' and FINALLY 'mama' to the list

Ate far too much good food - lots of seafood, cheese, cream and calvados (apple brandy) especially amazing pancakes with salted caramel, apples and flambeed with calvados...
18.gif

Visiting museums etc was out as it wouldn't be fair on Daisy to do too many, but we visited the Palais Benedictine which is a distillery/crazy museum/neo-gothic monstrosity in one, some of the D-Day battle sites (D went crazy on Omaha Beach - she's not seen the sea before and was all set to run headlong into it), Mont St. Michel and then just pootled about the countryside stopping at little places that made milk jam (like fudge jam basically), traditional fisherman's jumpers... got one for Daisy in blue & white stripes, but I want it to last a while so I bought it in age 2, so it's WAY too big for her but looked pretty cute. They're meant to be worn tight to the body, but this one is HUGE and I had to roll the sleeves up 3 times to see her hands!

Will catch up soon and comment on posts, although did see your's Tao about the ear pulling - D does this when she's teething, she cut another bottom one this week and has been doing the ear pulling for the last 2 weeks or so.

Couple of pics of D on Omaha Beach...

France 065pan.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
sandy hands....

DaisyFrance 079pan.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope all the mamas had a great mother''s day!!!!

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds fab Pandora. Daisy''s so lovely, and that sweater is wy too cute!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Hope everyone had a fabulous mother''s day!

Oh my Sha, Tao, and Pandora, such cuteness!

Pandora, I thought of you this weekend...I was talking to a friend about mother''s day and asked what she thought she was getting, and she said to me "do you know Pandora" and I had to think a minute before realizing she meant the jewelry! And I have to say, living in Europe seems so different than life here...you do so much fabulous stuff! Can''t believe Daisy is almost a toddler!

Tao, I definitely thought of you when we were at the aquarium! Oh, and you may want to check the backs of E''s ears...that''s one of the places Jacks gets terrible eczema and he scratches it a lot and actually gets little cuts. It''s a common place for dry skin. If it is dry, just use some aquaphor or vaseline. Jacks also rubs his ears/back of his hair as a soothing technique and pulls on his ears when he''s teething. I''ve gone to the dr. twice now convinced it was an ear infection, but his ears are always clear.

drk, sorry you are still having weight gain issues.

sha, so sorry to hear about D''s bully! I thought most daycares separated young babies from toddlers too. I know at Jacks''s age, he is totally unaware of other babies'' space and would just crawl right over them.

PG, sorry you had to cio but glad it worked well for you!

Mara, glad you had a good day and that your supply is rebounding!

Laney, boo dh for not doing much, but yay for naps! We tried to take a family nap yesterday but it didn''t quite work out.

pg, too funny!

Vesper, sooooo cute! How are you doing? Hopefully you''re hanging in there!

My mother''s day was wonderful! I got beautiful flowers, a gc for a massage, dh tried to let me sleep in by taking care of Jacks all morning (I couldn''t sleep, but I got to relax and read in bed) and he took us to brunch at the beach. Jacks missed his morning nap to go to brunch so he was a bit cranky the rest of the day, but that was ok. Oh, and we got wings for dinner...mmm...I love me some wings!

We also had my mommy''s group and their families over for dinner saturday, and that was fun but exhausting! I always seem to forget how chaotic it is to get together with other families that have small children...it''s so hard to have any real conversation!

I''m also starting to get stressed about our move to Florida at the end of June. We haven''t found housing yet. Dh''s one requirement was close to the base, which I totally get since he had a long commute here so we could live in a nice area. But there aren''t any nice apartment/townhouse complexes for rent near the base in Pensacola, so we''ve been looking online at houses. And we''re having trouble finding someone, even through the military sites, that are ok with just a 7 month rental. We''ve contacted a realtor, and while they said we shouldn''t have any trouble finding something, they haven''t sent us anything yet!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results