shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Viz - Love the pic of Charlie and the outfit. Skinny jeans and an open front cardigan have been my go-to uniform the past few months. Now that it is getting warmer here on the East Coast I need to find a new hide the fat outfit - I am learning it is much harder to hide the fat in summer clothes. I tried on a pair of my pre-preggo designer jeans the other day and was thrilled I could get them on. I am still up about 10 lbs, so they were super tight and I would not wear them out of the house, but was feeling good about getting them on. DH''s comment upon seeing me was "looks like it took 5 hours and a pair of pliers to get those on." Thanks hon. If he wasn''t so good with Olivia I might have killed him.

Mandy - the boys are adorable as always.

RPS - I would be annoyed too. DH not being home when I expect him is one of my pet peeves. How is the house hunting?

I am excited for this weekend, Saturday DH has his fantasy baseball draft (DH is obsessed with fantasy sports and is in several leagues.) Our agreement is that when he is at a draft (they last all day) I am allowed to go shopping and he is not allowed to complain about how much money I spent. So 2 friends and I are going shopping and to dinner. We are going to Florida next month and I desperately need some new clothes.

Here''s my contribution to BPF - Olivia and DH. She is becoming such a Daddy''s girl.

rsz1oliviadaddy.JPG

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Charlie, Lucas, Alex, and Olivia are adorable
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I always forget to take a pic. I should have taken one this morning because she looked hilarious. She woke up at 3:30 crying because again our diapers failed
38.gif
. I changed her in the dark but that was the last of her feet pjs so I had to find pants and a top but didn''t want to turn on the light. I have her clothes divided so it''s short sleeve on one side, pants in the middle, and long sleeve on the other side. I had an idea somewhat of what she was wearing but when I saw her in the morning I cracked up. I put on an orange/purple/green polkadot long sleeve shirt with blue and brown hearts pants. FI was like WTHeck is Sophia wearing?? haha And her hair was a mess as always. Would have been a hilarious picture. Oh well
9.gif

Here''s an old one that I posted on FB this week. You can kind of see her teeth!

IMG00184-20100322-1926.jpg

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery, Sophia is always so happy and smiling in all your pictures - she is precious!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
yeah, cheer up kid...

9.gif

adorbs!

november -- i have a few lightweight cotton sleeveless open front cardis ;-) i''m not giving them up that easily ;-)

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Love all the babies!

Viz, I love C's face, like, "WHY ARE YOU JUST STANDING THERE??"

November: You've gotta love Daddy's girls, right? (I am one)

Fiery: Sophia is seriously the happiest baby eveeeeeeer

Dreamer: Congrats on 10k!!

Burk, I had the different supply issues, too, now they have regulated, but one side gets super engorged every now and then. Oddly, it's the other side that ends up leaking (all over the mattress the other night, thank god for waterproof mattresses).

Pandora: My cousin is married to an English gal, and it's marvelous to hear her three kids speaking with a slight English accent. I've started signing to Piper "Eat" when I am about to feed her. It has just occurred to me to use the term "Milk" instead. Whoops.

Mara: jealous of baby J sleeping at night! P wasn't doing that, I had to bring her into bed with me.

Anchor, how is Jacob?

RPS: Hi! I can't stand it when Paul says he'll be here at a certain time but isn't. UGH.

Mandy: I love those shorts! I'm so glad you got six hours!!

Ginger: have fun at the wedding!

Sorry if I forgot anyone!

Piper had her four month appointment: she's 15lbs 6 ounces, 24.5 inches long (my husky peanut) and definitely has eczema.
7.gif
The pedi has prescribed a 2% hydrocortisone lotion for her. Which I have to pick up as the pharmacy didn't have any in stock. I worry about the cortisone as it's what gave me cataracts at age 19 (I had shots injected because of my incredibly bad allergies). She's super happy, and even after the shots (OH MY GOD did she cry and cry and cry, scream, turn red, stop breathing) she was still super happy. I just removed the bandaids this morning, and there was BLOOD on them. GOD, my poor girl, it just makes me sick to my stomach.

She has now found her feet. It's super cute.

Question: exersaucer or jumperoo? She likes to "stand" on our legs and jump up and down.

ETA: Confession: I never ever talk about Piper's sleeping or eating habits because I don't want to jinx things. Paul will mention something and I SHUSH him really quickly and give him the look of death.

piperfoothold.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
viz...who puts salt in coffee??? and ummm there's nothing skinny about my jeans...girl you look great. and charlie looks happy...hee.

love the pics...mandy the boys are soo cute in their overalls!! november, olivia and daddy are super cute. fiery, happy sophia as usual...teeth already!!! amber, piper is so cute. i love how you call her husky lol.

mandarine...yay for better sleep patterns. J gets his shots next week and i am paranoid about it messing with his sleep habits. be nice to be me sleep gods!

here's our pic, i don't think i posted it already but it's totally one of my favorites...i got it 2 days ago. his belly is ginormous, its so cute how it spreads out all over and he's like THIS IS MAH BELLY proud. i will show this to the pedi if she feels like he's still not gaining enough weight! oh and my mom gave us this chirping cricket which he seems to like. greg's comment on the pic was 'giant cricket eating JD's head' haha.

confession, i gotta think on this--will be back later.
______

so last nite J fought bedtime as usual, no comatose luck this time, Greg spent about 15 min putting him down but he wasn't out so he cried 5 min later. i went back in and reswaddled then rocked til he was comatose then he stayed down. 9:30pm, then stayed down til 5:15am. perfect timing for G to feed him so he was all happy, then he woke up at 9:15 but i put his sheep on and he's down still (but will prob be waking up any minute). we're starting to wean his morning bottle down a bit since it seems like he doesn't need as much so i think he got 5oz this morning instead of 6oz. we tanked him with his 6.5oz last nite so i think the bath + tanking combo prob gets us that 9 hour stretch. he gets shots next week so i'm not going to change anything for now because i'm sure that will already wreak some havoc. but i do want to start putting him in his crib for nights, yikes, i am sure it will just throw it all off but we should suck it up now when i am still home and can deal with wakeups if i need to.

umm and my left boob hurts like a mofo. i was engorged at 5am since my boobs are totally confused by J's wake up times too, but i couldn't seem to empty them with pumping this time...maybe not relaxed enough and sometimes the left one gets SORE inside from pulling or god knows what from the pump. and its got stabbing pains in it, not the nipple but the boob itself...it feels like muscles are torn. friggin hurts. this happens maybe once a week for a day, it's so weird! hopefully J feeding from it this morning will help it out. did i mention today i am not a fan of the trauma of bf'ing??? damn that it's so good for the babies.

must.workout.today. if anything that shopping trip should knock my butt into gear.

oh and steph i was going to ask you what CD you guys play for E's nighttime? right now we just do sheep for 45 min on super low so it won't wake him when it's done and he stays down with no noise til the morning wake...but sometimes i wish we had something with a REMOTE that i could trigger from outside his door and obviously sheep doesn't have that. but then i think well he already sleeps for 6-9 hours with no noise do i want to make a white noise addict out of him? but then i think well YES if he sleeps longer HAHA. so i am torn but anyway if you can let me know what CD it'd be great. i have no idea what kind of music or CD to get that might soothe them.

for those of you who have those projector things, do you find the kids like them? do you use them at bedtime or naps or ? are the fisher price style ones good enough?

creature is up! happy friday all.

JD giant belly.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Amber-Piper is adorable! Sophia has the same outfit hahaha. I love Carters
27.gif

We have a jumperoo. I liked it better than the exausaucer. I wouldn''t put her in it until she''s holding up her head well because once they get how to jump they don''t stop. I wish we could post videos here
14.gif

Mara-I used the projector a lot when she was around 10-12 weeks and would wake up when I couldn''t open my eyes. I''d have her hang out inthe swing with the projector and she''d be entertained enough for me to pin my eyes up. I use it now when she''s having a hard time falling asleep. J is adorable! Love his belly
18.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Awww look at what my brother made for Sophia
16.gif
. It''s a tile. He sent me a picture of it. I''m going to hang it on her door
16.gif

2010-03-269513 14 11.jpg

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Mara,

We have the Precious Planet Fisher Price mobile. Best.Thing.Ever. It is has a mobile and a projector (if you have mobile attached, it projects on the canopy of the mobile, if not, it projects on the ceiling). It plays both lullabies and white noise. Also, it has a remote so I can turn it back on without going in and her seeing me. Olivia loves it. It''s kind of pricey ($50), but worth every penny.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

thanks ladies... NB i will check that one out. i am all over the remote and something that does both white noise and songs. ideally i''d like to just get one thing vs trying diff things, but it''s so hard to know what the babies will like so it might be experiment time.

omg...so i am sitting here with J next to me on the playmat and for the first time he grabbed the little ring under the elephant and is waving it around all by himself! i the last few times we have done playmat i put his hand in it and he would grab it and hold it, but he just grabbed it all by himself! awww so proud.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 8:26:26 AM
Author: cdt1101
Date: 3/24/2010 12:22:17 PM

Author: Mrs Mitchell

Date: 3/24/2010 12:01:59 PM

Date: 3/24/2010 11:56:59 AM

Author: TravelingGal

Date: 3/24/2010 11:54:56 AM

Date: 3/24/2010 11:46:55 AM

Author: natalina

Sorry to bring it up again, but anyone have any advice about the ''shiver'' I posted above?

Viz- sorry about AF. I was so bummed when she came back, too. Especially since still BF''ing around the clock!

Lex doesn''t shiver. If you''re concerned, I would definitely bring it up to the Dr. Wish I could help more!
Amelia has never shivered. Definitely mention it to the ped.
TGal - I''ve been meaning to ask...did you ever figure out what the bluish palor was on Amelia? Recently I''ve noticed the same thing on Lex, especially on the bridge of his nose, and just around his eyes in general. He''s also very veiny though on the forhead (he''s pretty fair). Just curious...
Not TGal, but my Amelia had something similar and her doc was actually quite concerned about it. He ran a lot of tests. She''s anaemic, and that was the main cause of her palor and also some other stuff we were worrying about.

She does shiver when she''s cold, but we live in Scotland - we''re born shivering!
2.gif
thanks for the response! I plan on mentioning my concern next week when I see our Pedi. Did hers go away like Tgal''s Amelia? Lex''s does not, he has what looks like a blue ''mark'' on the bridge of his nose. It almost looks like a vein (maybe it is????), I''m not sure. And like I said a few days ago, he''s pretty veiny anyway especially around the temple area. But he also has another one of the ''marks'' on his shoulder and it''s been there since at least October (1st time I noticed it), that one looks more like a bruise the size of a pencil eraser, never has changed though and doesn''t go away. So strange....

Desmond has this! His is definitely a vein. It''s been there since he was born. It used to really bother me because I''m weird and veins gross me out, but I barely notice it anymore. I''m not sure if it''s less noticeable or if I''m just used to it now.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea, baby E slept for 6 hours again last night, then got up for an hour and went back for another 3.5. Woohoo, finally starting to feel back to my old self a little bit.

Burk, thanks...I have only about 5lbs left of actual pregnancy weight, but then about 20ish after that, so I'm in the same boat. And I agree, I think my chest accounts for at least 5!

Pandora, hope you're root canal is going smoothly...ouch! Take care of yourself afterward and rest up!

Mara, we have the baby einstein cd collection, but the one I use at night is the classic lullaby cd. We just put it on really low when we are giving him a bath and when we lay him down and just let it run out. Andrew loved them all when he was small too.

Viz, I was also wondering why they would put salt in coffee? Never heard of that. You're outfit is cute. Too bad the weather here is already getting hot...no more baby weight covering up clothes for me
6.gif

RPS, sorry about being annoyed with the SO, that's not a fun way to start the day.

Awww, all the pics of babies are adorable
30.gif

Hello to everyone I missed...I've gotta run, E is waking up! Have a great weekend!

ETA: Forgot to say, E just drank a bottle and proceeded to throw up the entire thing while Andrew was playing with him
8.gif
. Andrew just looked over at me and said "well, that's not something you see everyday" Hahaha, that kid cracks me up everyday
9.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 3:35:29 PM
Author: robbie3982

Date: 3/26/2010 8:26:26 AM

Date: 3/24/2010 12:22:17 PM

Author: Mrs Mitchell

Date: 3/24/2010 12:01:59 PM

Date: 3/24/2010 11:56:59 AM

Author: TravelingGal

Date: 3/24/2010 11:54:56 AM

Date: 3/24/2010 11:46:55 AM

Author: natalina

Sorry to bring it up again, but anyone have any advice about the ''shiver'' I posted above?

Viz- sorry about AF. I was so bummed when she came back, too. Especially since still BF''ing around the clock!

Lex doesn''t shiver. If you''re concerned, I would definitely bring it up to the Dr. Wish I could help more!
Amelia has never shivered. Definitely mention it to the ped.
TGal - I''ve been meaning to ask...did you ever figure out what the bluish palor was on Amelia? Recently I''ve noticed the same thing on Lex, especially on the bridge of his nose, and just around his eyes in general. He''s also very veiny though on the forhead (he''s pretty fair). Just curious...
Not TGal, but my Amelia had something similar and her doc was actually quite concerned about it. He ran a lot of tests. She''s anaemic, and that was the main cause of her palor and also some other stuff we were worrying about.

She does shiver when she''s cold, but we live in Scotland - we''re born shivering!
2.gif
thanks for the response! I plan on mentioning my concern next week when I see our Pedi. Did hers go away like Tgal''s Amelia? Lex''s does not, he has what looks like a blue ''mark'' on the bridge of his nose. It almost looks like a vein (maybe it is????), I''m not sure. And like I said a few days ago, he''s pretty veiny anyway especially around the temple area. But he also has another one of the ''marks'' on his shoulder and it''s been there since at least October (1st time I noticed it), that one looks more like a bruise the size of a pencil eraser, never has changed though and doesn''t go away. So strange....

Desmond has this! His is definitely a vein. It''s been there since he was born. It used to really bother me because I''m weird and veins gross me out, but I barely notice it anymore. I''m not sure if it''s less noticeable or if I''m just used to it now.
Hey Robbie
35.gif
Glad to see you''re back! Probably is a vein then...and like you, I actually don''t notice that much anymore, but it''s definitely there and sometimes I wonder if I should be concerned. I''m definitely going to ask next week when we see our dr.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Mara~yep, I totally have a love/hate relationship with BFing! That stabbing thing you''re talking about, I get it all. the. time. Mine is from my stupid vasospasms, though. I am in so much pain sometimes from that I have to take ibuprofin. Seriously ridiculous. This kid is going to owe me big time!
9.gif
Cute pic of J. Love the belly.

mrsm~Thanks for popping in!! I think I''ll try to offer both sides and see if that helps.

mandarine~yay for better sleep! Cute pic!

viz~I think you''re right and I''ll try feeding both sides. I shouldn''t really complain about sleeping because he''s still little and I don''t have it *that* bad...I just need to quit comparing him to T! Oh, and you better come gloat the day C sleeps longer than 4 hours so we can all cheer him on!

RPS~Sorry about your rough morning. My DH is the king of doing this. He has great intentions just can''t EVER do things on the timeline he says he will. And I also feel ya on taking baby out just to get toddler to daycare...I do it 3 days a week at least and T only goes for 3 hours. So annoying. Hope your day is getting better!

Fiery~Sophia is so cute!

Amber~My less full side is always the leaker too!! So annoying! Cute pic!

Steph~We should start a working out after baby thread to motivate each other. I know I need it! LOL about Andrew''s comment after crazy spit up!

November~Cute pic!

Signing: We started with T around 6 months and she really only used "more" consistently...probably her personality, though.

Forever21~Love that place....actually just threw out a bunch and then ordered a bunch more. Sadly the order was a bunch of stuff to fit my "now" body.
39.gif
I would really like my old body back. Soon.

Okay, gotta run, showing the house again today. Hopefully all this madness of showings will result in an offer because it''s hard work. Happy Friday!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sorry RPS, that is annoying!

Claire had the freezer bottle at daycare again . . . growth spurt for sure! Some days that girl is eating 17 ounces of breast milk over the 8 hours she''s at daycare. Ugh . . . can''t pump that much! It looks like her face is getting fuller. Maybe she won''t be 25th percentile for weight at her next appointment.

I am contributing to BPF for once!

claireBPFmar26.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Charlie, Lucas, Alex, Olivia, Sophia, Piper and anyone else I forgot total adorable (ETA: Julian and Claire).....Fiery---do you have any pictures when Sophia isn't smiling????!! So cute!

We've been thinking about buying a house (Well I have been...husband wants to wait a bit longer)...I'm so tired of apartment living and I hate paying more in rent then what it would probably be to own! (we live in a stupid fancy apartment that I just had to have cause it was beautiful...stupid me!) Things in our area though are so expensive for getting practically no house or it has to be the oldest house in a really bad neighborhood.

Evan didn't keep up the sleeping through the night....he woke up once at 2:00 and killed a 6 oz bottle and we didn't hear from him until 7 a.m.

He's almost 5 months old...what the hell...how did that even happen!?

He's wanting to crawl so badly! He rolls over and goes crazy trying to move on the floor...then he starts crying because he gets so frustrated!

His cradle C(r)ap is out of control right now....I guess I'm going to be buying some olive oil this weekend (Right...isn't that what is recommended?)

Here is a picture of how DH dressed Evan the other day...the outfit is fine, a little cheesy but fine...why did my husband pull his shirt all the way up to his nipples like an old man---I don't know...
20.gif

evangotmilk.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed that Claire''s daycare notes from today say, "Please practice sitting up with Claire. Thanks." Is this a castigation of us because of her apparently subpar sitting skills? Should she be sitting up at 5 months? It just seems kind of weird for them to be giving us instructions, like, "Please teach your daughter more stuff, you lazy parents." I''m mostly kidding, but a little perplexed.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, that seems pretty rude of them to write on there. Evan is nearly 5 months and he isn''t sitting up on his own. I mean he can sit up if I''m holding his hands at the time or in a bumbo....weird for them to be offering up homework like that.....

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Tao - Burts Bee's Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash works well for cradle cap.

Amber - Poor Piper, the 4 month shots are horrible. I hate taking Daisy for them. At least you guys don't have the BCG to do (for TB) - Daisy had hers done last November, it turned into the abcess in February and still hasn't totally calmed down and stopped bursting. It takes about a year total. At any rate at least I know she's protected as there is a lot of it about round here, you feel so bad for them though. I take D for a shared ice-cream now after doctor visits.

I have the jumperoo and Daisy loved it till she was about 9 months - she was so small when we first put her in that we had to pile cushions up so her feet reached the floor!

Fiery - Sophia is such a cutie and I love the tile your brother made.

Viz - Those pics are adorable of C crying - sounds terrible to say that, but there is just something so endearing about little scrunched up sad faces! Lol on the British accent thing - I have years of trouble ahead with that: I speak RP English (Queen's English) but we live in an area that speaks a variation of cockney. Gawd only knows what accent Daisy will pick up... may as well book the elocution lessons now!

Robbie - Welcome back! Sorry about the parent troubles, but I'm so happy that you're able to make being a SAHM possible. With your photography skills I'm sure you could make a career there, you're very talented. Des is just beautiful - you could always put him to work modelling
28.gif

Mandy - Yay for six hours in a row... I remember getting excited by that too.
20.gif
Hope things continue to improve for you. Lovely photo of the boys.

RPS - sorry about SO. Very irritating when they do that!

November - Such a cute photo of Olivia. Daddy's girls are great... Daisy crys in the morning when DH goes to bed, and when he gets home from work she rushes over to him, arms outstretched like he's rescuing her from her witch of a mother!

Sorry anyone I have missed!

Euughhh - today has been bad. Daisy has refused to nap - not helped by my cleaning lady who I was ready to kill.

She can't bear Daisy crying and I think she thinks I'm a terrible mother. I was putting clean sheets and duvet cover on our bed and D was being a total PITA... she had a big pile of toys and books to play with on the floor next to me, but decided she was going to go into total meltdown instead if I didn't hold her. I can't do the bed while holding her, or with her in the sling, so she just had to lump it. It wasn't as if I was in another room or not talking to her. Anyway, my cleaner 'I' kept popping in every couple of minutes and wanting me to go and sit down with D so she wouldn't cry, even though I explained that I wasn't abandoning her and she needed to realise that sometimes Mummy has things she needs to do and she'll have to wait.

Then I tried to get D off to sleep - sometimes when she's really overtired she needs to scream herself to sleep to block out the world. I just hold her while she gets on with it and generally she's fast asleep in 5 minutes max. Anyway, I keeps coming in and going 'Daisy, don't cry' and waving toys at her - this then over stimulates her and we're back to square one again.
20.gif

So, D was up from 8.30 am till 7.30pm... I actually think she might be teething or something, as she's been really clingy, whingy, has started sucking her hand, and has two big red circles on her cheeks. Anyway, she's asleep now, and even better DH has come home after being away all week and so I'm not on call 24/7!

Dentist was also crap... although completely painless
23.gif
. I took my mega-cocktail which helped a bit at keeping me calm and they were really good at numbing everything properly. Unfortunately the tooth they were working on - which I had split a chunk off already - decide to break in two and isn't fixable.

So, now I have to go and have it removed at the hospital under sedation. The dental department at the hospital is amazing...the waiting list is not so amazing... could be up to 6 MONTHS. Then I have to decide whether I want to have an implant done - at £2.5k - or just leave the gap. Not sure which I'll do... if it was one of the front ones then I would do the implant no question, but I have a gap in the same place on the other side where I never had an adult tooth come through (my grandmother, father and youngest sister are all missing this tooth as well). I've had that since I was 12 and they said today that it wouldn't be a good idea to put an implant in there after so many years. So I could just have matching spaces... or spend £2.5k. Eugh!

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with my parents to buy an apple tree - one of the heritage ones with three different kinds of apple on the one tree. Will be so nice to see them... first time since xmas.

Here's a photo of my darling daughter about to throw a tantrum...

daisypsmarch.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk...i had to look up what vasospams are and now i wonder if that is what is happening to me on my left boob? it seems like it is exacerbated sometimes by the pump and J def does do the clampdown sometimes--i noticed when he comes off sometimes my nipples are flattened but just thought that was normal. i'll have to pay attn on the whiteness. i will have to ask pedi next week i guess. but the pains in the boob are just so painful sometimes...when it's happening i can't even lay on that side of my body at all...it happens maybe once every 1.5 weeks for 2 days and then it's better. so weird.

and i agree we should do a post baby WWT thread. i was thinking of just rejoining the WWT thread but maybe a post baby one is better? i dunno... but i do need to get more motivated for sure to lose the last 10 lbs. most of it is that i just eat whatever i want so i'm not gaining but i'm not losing either. when i eat a lot of more healthy things the scale DOES move, i am just lazy and i don't have as much of an opp to go get a quick healthy bite, its more like what is in the house right now..and sometimes it's just crap! i did buy some more healthy granola bars and kashi lunch meals etc and should start eating more fruit etc.

pg great pic of C... funny re: the homework from daycare. maybe the other kids are sitting up more? who knows...but why not practice it? hehee.

tao love that pic and lol re the outfit. Dads crack me up...sometimes Greg brings me crazy stuff from J's dresser, i am like REALLY? hahaa.

pandora boo re the dentist and sorry about the continued hassles!! hope D is feeling better with the teething. cute pic!

did anyone's kids have issues with their 2 month vaccinations? i was thinking of staggering them or doing 1/2 1/2 because they get so many at 2 months (4 or 5 i think?) but then i thought well then we just drag out the healing/post time so i don't know what i want to do. i confess i haven't done any research on it at all, just planned to get what was expected...but now i am thinking about staggering. his appt is next thurs.

J has taken 2 one hour naps today and been super easy to put down each time. he loves to do this one day then the next not want to nap at all. loves to keep us on our toes.
3.gif

confession... in the mornings even if J has slept his 11-12 hours...when i hear him squeaking i get up and sneak in to put the sheep on and rock his bassinet a little to help him drop back off, so that i can buy myself 45 min of alone time to make my coffee, eat my breakfast, check email before he wakes up. this is why i need the remote haha.
5.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Mara, the 2 month vaccinations were fine. The ones Daisy felt unwell after were the 3 month vaccines - most of which were repeats of the 2 month ones.

I asked my father about it and he said the fact that she ran a mild fever and was under the weather was a good indication of a strong immune response and therefore a good thing.

I gave her Tylenol for 36 hours and she was fine after that. The 4 month vaccines had no issues at all.

I would just do them all together - living in London I wanted as much coverage against nasty diseases as fast as possible. All the research I have looked at shows that the number of vaccines in the 2 month set is actually a miniscule proportion of what the body could cope with.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks Pandora..they just seem so small to get so many at once, but i also really want him to be protected -- especially interested in the pertussis vacc.

ETA..um i just checked out Carters online and their prices are as good or better as when BRU has a sale. aka $22 MSRP and online its $12. i am SO in trouble now. i LOVE their stuff!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Mara--
J didn''t have any issues w/ the first dose at 2 month either.
She did get a slight fever for the 4 month booster dose.....and we gave her a dose of tylenol.
Love the "belly" shot of J -- too cute! He looks like a mini-you.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
the 2 month vacs for noah went fine. he only got 2 shots i think. the pedi said that they combined them so he got the 4 vacs in 2 shots.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber Hunter also had exzema at that age, still does sometimes, and I refused to use steroid creams. I bought an over the counter Spectro Gel kids Exzema cream (http://www.spectroskincare.com/kids_eczema_care_product.aspx) and it completely cleared it up within one day. Try it before you use the drugs for sure. It is just a really high quality moisturiaer that absorbs well.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
MaraMy guys have done horrible with all their shots
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

They actually do just fine the day off...just cry loudly when they are actually getting the shos, but tehn they are fine.
The next day and the nest 2-3 weeks are TERRIBLE!. They don''t wnat to eat much..or nap much. They are just generally cranky and just want to be held a lot!!

But...MOST people I know with babies say their LOs just sleep a lot the first couple of days...

I just mention it so you know there i a chance he may not be himself for a few weeks....but chances are he will be just fine and knowing J he''ll probably sleep 10 hours that first night! hehe
2.gif

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
last minute drive-by contribution to bpf!

this is in honor of mandy.

note the punk attitude he''s giving in the first photo to match his punk fauxhawk, yet the absolutly angelic, hands in "precious moments" pose, in the second, while also sporting his fauxhawk.

this is to illustrate

1) your hair does not drive your personality (ehem mandy''s DH)
2) clearly DH and I are fans of the fauxhawk
9.gif

mohawkmontage.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger: So freakin cute!!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Ginger--
A is too cute for words.
30.gif
30.gif
the faux mohawk and those big puppy eyes.
Can''t wait to see his pro-pictures.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I haven''t been posting too much on this thread lately because honestly, I haven''t had much advice for people on here other than what''s already been posted too often. But I had a revelation last night after dh and I had a fight, and with all the tension others on here have posted about, I thought it might be helpful for others to hear about. Please excuse the length! Oh, and love all the pics!

Mothers and Fathers are different. I think a lot of people try to equate them in their LO’s lives, I know we did. But I’ve come to the realization that a mother is the primary care giver, and a father, while so close to primary it’s hard to call him secondary, is separated by the fact that he’s NOT a mother. I think the separation gets greater if you are a SAHM. And it gets greater if you are a nursing mother. And if you’re a SAHM AND nursing mother, well, god bless you! I don’t know if this changes once your lo is out of the helpless stage where you provide them with everything, but I have a feeling that even if the mother and father spent equal amounts of time with lo, a mother’s instincts would still separate them.

Dh and I had been going along under the assumption that anything I do for ds, he should be able to do just as well, at least with a little practice. And so when dh would try to do something and it wouldn’t turn out as well as when I do it, it caused friction for both of us. I would get upset because things weren’t done the way I wanted them to be done (and it took me a while to realize it wasn’t just because I’m OCD about some things, but because I want my ds to have the best care possible), and dh would get upset because it would make him question his skills as a father along with feeling like he let me and ds down.

But after a long fight over something stupid last night, we FINALLY came to the conclusion that this assumption is ridiculous, even more so because I’m a SAHM and with ds so much more than dh is. I need to accept that if I want dh to help out, things aren’t going to be done as well as I’d like, but it will still be ok as long as ds is safe and essentially happy. Yes, he may cry or whine a bit more than he does when I’m with him, but that’s not going to scar him for life. He may be exposed to a few more germs, but that’s not going to kill him either. And luckily I’ve long since cared about how he’s dressed =). And dh needs to accept that when he’s taking care of ds, he may make mistakes and may not be able to do all the things I do, but that’s ok and it does NOT make him a bad father. Yes, he may have wasted 3 days of formula (and therefore $$) last night, but we’ll live. And he may not know how to get the overnight diapers on ‘just right’ so that when he puts ds to bed, I wake up and have to change him, his pj’s, his sheets, and do a load of laundry first thing in the morning so that his lovie is clean for his first nap, but that’s ok too. Even if dh helping out means that I end up with more work to the point where it would have been easier if I had just done things myself, it’s still good for all of us for him to do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results