carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2010 1:39:06 PM
Author: so cal girl
Just jumping on with a real quick question. For those BFing moms whose babies STTN, does your milk to start to regulate itself so that you are not making as much at night? Does that affect your supply during the day?

Little E is finally starting to get the hang of this sleep thing. Last night he slept from 9:30 all the way thru to 6:00 this morning! I was ecstatic, but also a little bit in pain. I fed him at 6:30 this morning, and was already feeling engorged again by 9:30. I usually only pump every 4 hours at work, but I ended up needing to pump at 10:00 because I couldn't handle it anymore. I ended up pumping 15oz! No wonder I was in pain!

Will this start to relieve itself naturally? I'm concerned that if the milk production goes down at night, it may also go down during the day, when he is still eating every 4 or so hours. Any input from the BTDT moms?
After a few nights of no nursing your supply will go down during the night and you shouldn't be in much pain in the morning. I always had a lot of milk in the morning and that's when I could pump the most. I would nurse on one side while pumping on the other. It shouldn't affect your supply during the day though as long as you keep nursing or pumping every 4 hours or so.

How old is E? Yay for STTN!

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks snlee! E is almost 5 months old. I''d really like to keep breastfeeding him until he''s a year, so I''m very aware of my milk supply.

Off to catch up on the rest of the thread.
1.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ginger!

Mara-Yes, normal. As he gets older, he''ll have more awake time. I think at one month the normal average of sleep is 15.5 hours total for the day. I think Sophia slept a lot more. Plus babies that had jaundice tend to be sleepy babies.

Socal-no help from me but wow 5 months already!!

Steph-Thanks! This weather is gorgeous
30.gif
. We had to leave the house yesterday and I''m glad we did. Of course it rained today to make up for the beautiful day we had yesterday but I''m hoping for warm weather the rest of the week. The boys are so adorable!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 5:14:58 PM
Author: ChinaCat

VIZ- Ice your ARMpits???? Does that work? Why???

hehehe.. yes ARMpits... what other pits would you ice??? ;-) and it''s more for your comfort than anything else. the day you decide to stop all together, ice them most of the day. it will help with engorgement. when i was weaning, i just increased the time between pumpings, then when i really decided to stop stop i just pumped for a few mins once a day for a couple of days then quit. i still get a little leaky, but my boobs are soft and i can''t feel any enlarged milk ducts.. apparently my sister leaked for a YEAR after she stopped BF.. so i guess it''s something i''ll have to look out for. why, just last night when c was crying for his 4th hour (poor little booger nose is sick.. again!) my boobs started leaking... :razz:
also, sudaphed will help dry you up as well - and wear a tight sports bra for a few days

wish i could nurse him thru this super sickness cold/flu season
7.gif

and OMG that pic of O... those lips... he''s a heartbreaker!!!

RPS - cuuuuuuutttttteeeeee! your little peanut has such big eyes .. swwoooonnn....

sunkist - i *totally* get it.. i think i''m overly protective of C too.. probably b/c i feel like i don''t see him very much so i want the time we do have together to be quality.. and i don''t want to share. IL are all about taking C to his ''first'' this and ''first'' that... aheeemmm i think *WE* get to do the firsts, right? but i understand they want a relationship too.. i lived with my grandparents growing up and loved it - so, yeah i''m a hypocrite. i think it''s different b/c it''s DH parents and not *my* mom. so silly, but so true. if my mom lived close i would have her babysit in a heartbeat, even tho she''s just as bad as IL. i think it has to do with the whole grandson thing.. they are all about boys boys boys... they are so overwhelming. always in his face.. literally IN HIS FACE... i''m like.. back up, give the kid some room... and how to politely tell MIL to stop wearing this hideous perfume... BLEH i totally know when she''s been at our house when i''m at work... the kid STINKS like.... well, like grandma

mara - try the maloxx/aquaphor combo... works like a CHARM... but we also use the BB too.

we don''t change C until the morning either.. unless he poos.. which (fingers crossed) he doesn''t do that often at night.

re: fussy gussy 3+ month babies.. count charlie in... drooling, crying, not sleeping.. check, check and check.

and mandy, c is doing the SAME THING with his bottles.. so frustrating.. hopefully this is just a phase. then again he''s sick AGAIN (darn daycare) - so it could be coupled with that.

speaking of... i think i''ve become one of *those* parents who takes their kid to the dr. every time they cough. but, i have nothing to compare charlie''s sickness against. poor thing was up ALLLLL NIGHT crying, wouldn''t eat, coughing, barfing, snotting... it''s AWFUL. i hate this.

cdt - i''m so sorry.... ((hugs))

ok, can''t finish reading this thread right now, will be back.
ttfn

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hello all,

So much to read, but not much I can help with!

Welcome Ginger! A is adorable! I love how helpful this thread is!

I swear, my brain is like a funnel, a ton pours in and a little bit at a time comes back out at a time.

Piper had her 3 month appointment, 13lb14oz and 23 1/4 inches long. My big girl. She''s sleeping off her Hep B shot right now. I gave her tylenol before it, because I thought she was getting more shots, but whoops, only the hep B! Eh. The pedi was like, "Yeah, she doesn''t need it." Well, I''m SORRY, I didn''t KNOW that.
1.gif

On Friday night she slept from 8:30p to 4:45am and my boobs were KILLING me. I slept straight, too and didn''t even notice she hadn''t gotten up herself. Then, when I tried to feed her she totally choked.
7.gif
It''s hard because she''s a big girl, I''m a tiny mommy, and my boobs are gigantic so we have a hard time getting in a good position.

Viz: sorry Charlie is sick again.
7.gif

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
NB, I can understand why you would be concerned about ordering something from an overseas pharmacy. I would never suggest domperidone lightly; it should not be the first resort for supply issues and anyone considering it MUST do her own research. I chose to use it the last time and will again only because I did a lot of reading about it and feel comfortable ordering from a place that''s well known among certain online communities and has a good reputation. The manufacturer is Janssen Cilag, which is part of Johnson and Johnson. I could get a prescription and have it filled at a compounding pharmacy, but it would also cost about $200 a month, which is pretty steep. What really stinks about it is that the FDA has no good reason for not approving its use, yet they continue to say that Reglan is perfectly fine. I won''t touch that stuff with a ten foot pole because of my history of depression.

Fiery, I only got up at 4 a.m. because that''s when Ben wanted to wake up and eat. It wasn''t really my choice, but I did decide to stay up because I needed to get the teenagers up at 6 and knew if I laid back down, I wouldn''t wake up for at least a couple of hours! I went to bed last night before 11, so I got enough sleep...at least until tonight about 9, when I''ll be feeling my eyelids getting really heavy.

Ginger, I''m SO glad if I can help a little bit! IBC in IBCLC stands for International Board Certified and it means that person has gone through the IBLCE for certification so you can be assured that person at least has the required education for breastfeeding help. You have to be careful with anyone who is only an LC because anyone can call themselves that. Back when breastfeeding got big again, hospitals saw that they needed to offer breastfeeding support, so some places chose to have their nurses wear two hats. These nurses are not necessarily as educated about breastfeeding as an IBCLC. I''m not saying that all LCs that are not IBCLCs are horrible and uneducated, and I''m not saying IBCLC is a magic badge -- there are terrific LCs that have worked really hard to learn all about breastfeeding and have a great bedside manner and there are IBCLCs that don''t deserve their credentials. I think going with an IBCLC gives you a better chance of working with someone that will do everything right.

Here''s the cookie recipe!

* 1 cup butter or marg
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 4 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal*
* 2 large eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 2 cups flour
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3 cups oats, thick cut if you can get them
* 1 cup or more chocolate chips
* 2 tablespoons of brewers yeast* (be generous)

Directions:

Preheat oven at 375 degrees F. Mix together 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal and water, set aside for 3-5 minutes. Cream (beat well) margarine and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, mix well. Stir flaxseed mixture and add with vanilla to the margarine mix. Beat until blended. Sift together dry ingredients, except oats and chips. Add to margarine mixture. Stir in oats then chips. Scoop or drop onto baking sheet, preferably lined with parchment or silpat. The dough is a little crumbly, so it helps to use a scoop.

Bake 8-12 minutes, depending on size of cookies.

Serves: 6 dozen cookies

Preparation time: 15 minutes

*can be found at any local health food store.
*NOTE* IT MUST BE BREWERS YEAST, NO SUBSTITUTIONS.

I haven''t made them yet, but they sound pretty yummy!!

FWIW, I agree with the stuff Mara said. You have to cut yourself some slack! You''re doing a great job and juggling all of these breastfeeding issues with healing and simply dealing with a newborn (which is a mighty task all by itself!). It *will* get better plus you will get much more confident about everything. You and your baby are just learning. =)

Mara, I don''t remember a beep on the PY, but I think I''m going to have to hook mine up again to see if I hear it! I do know that the squeaks sometimes sounded like the pump was talking, lol. When I got mine, I was surprised at how loud it seemed to me, but I got used to it. The Freestyle has a very different sound and it seems loud too, although I really think neither of them are obnoxious. When I first started pumping at work, I was pretty self-conscious about it, thinking everyone could hear it, but I got over it really fast. I pump everywhere around the house now too, except when the older kids are here. My 3 year old, however, loves to sit with me and tell me how I have the pump on my boob and there''s milk in the bottle. Heh.

I have to share this story -- be warned that it''s kind of crude, but I can''t remember the last time I laughed so hard.

Will has potty training issues. He refuses to poop in the potty, which is frustrating for me because all of my other kids were completely trained long before 3 years (and Will is 3 years, 4 months). I have been trying so hard to stay positive and be understanding that around the arrival of a sibling is not a good time for potty training success, but I''m also so sick of changing pull ups and diapers that I am trying EVERYTHING.

Lately, he''s been obsessed with Toy Story. My older daughter has a small Woody doll so when she''s here, Will constantly asks if he can play with Woody. The other day when we were at Target, I saw that they had Buzz and Woody pillows -- they''re like big stuffed animals. I bought the Woody one and told Will that once he is going to the potty all of the time and wearing big boy underwear, he can have it.

Yesterday in the car, Will told Hannah that he wants the "big Woody." Hannah said, "You know what you have to do to get the big Woody, don''t you?" Will said no. Hannah then proceeded to tell him how he has to go pee and poop on the potty. Then Will started yelling "I want the big Woody!!" over and over.

SO and I couldn''t even look at each other. Later, I asked him what I had to do to "get the big Woody"...
9.gif

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
RPS.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! OMG i can''t WAIT for stuff like that!!!
lol lol lol lol

amber - ok i''m officially jealous! charlie is 13lbs and no where near as perfectly plump as piper
39.gif
i''ve yet to find a roll... how badly i want him to have a roll
37.gif

aaannnndddd DH took charlie to the dr because we are *those* parents.. however, i''m completely vindicated.. in an awful way... he has *another* ear infection
15.gif
15.gif
. i''m feeling totally sorry for myself but i''m like OMG can we get a break?? for just a week??

COME ON SPRING!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
so J has a funny habit of loving to lay on his changing table after a diaper change in quiet alert state. it''s like the only place he does quiet alert. it is sleigh style so the top has sides that are as tall as him so sometimes i just let him lay there and look around if i am sitting right next to him at the dining table. so funny why he finds that area/ceiling/stuff fascinating.

happy to report that his little butt redness is subsiding since we started using the Butt Paste. interesting as the only ingredient it lists is zinc oxide which is also what Burts Bees has (along with a bunch of herbs) but it seems more effective. random?? also i am wiping him down with warm water 1-2x a day and i think it helps just to air dry his butt for a few min.

rps...i read about the beeping online so maybe it''s a new thing for 2009? i think i''ll get used to it but not sure WHY it''s there, you can totally hear the pump itself, so the beep seems redundant but whatever! and LOL re :the big woody, that is sooo funny.

ginger...glad to hear what i wrote makes some sense hehe. just hang in there and keep trying at your own pace, as RPS has pointed out a few times to me too, both the kid and you are learning together, neither of you know what to do exactly.

viz sorry to hear about the ear infection, that sucks!! poor kiddo (and you guys).

in other unrelated news, portia fell off the backside of the couch today (her perch) when she spotted a squirrel right outside the sliding door. then she scrambled all gimpily over to the door so i could let her out. these two kids are going to drive me crazy!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies, soooooooooooo miss you guys and wish I could spend an hour catching up, have so much I want to comment on. Plus I am having one of those days where I could sooo use you guys as a venting board!
2.gif

But no no no time today.
7.gif
Just wanted to pop in to say:

GINGER: YAY!
36.gif
Congrats and welcome to sweet baby Aiden. The first few weeks/months or so were really hard for me, so you aren''t alone. You''ve gotten tons of great advice, but just wanted to say that I found A Woman''s Work in the Village to be a great resource. It''s a store that has everything you could need for breastfeeding (plus super cute baby clothes.
11.gif
)They also do lactation consultations. In the first months, I went in there OFTEN and just asked tons of questions and they were so helpful and supportive and non-judgemental.

AFM: Sorry to post and run. Will try and get back to comment on all of the cute babies later. Here''s a few more pics of O I couldn''t resist sharing:

StandingO.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Steph, your boys are so cute together, you are so lucky!

Ginger, awwww, so precious. Love little Aiden!

Viz, Mandy - it''s so nice to hear that other people have similar feelings regarding their IL and the baby. :D Even if it''s not right or rational! haha!

Wes is getting a red sploches all over his legs, some on arms and tummy. I don''t know if its anything serious or not
40.gif
I called the doctor, but they had me leave a message for her. I think they have a walk in hour in the morning, so maybe I''ll go to that tomorrow if no one returns my message.

Has anyone heard of a baby getting a body rash because of teething?? He doesn''t have a temperature, he''s not acting ultra fussy, no different from the fussiness I attributed to beginning teething earlier this week. Last night I did notice his diaper area above the pelvis was all red, it didn''t look like a diaper rash, but I put cream on it anyway. Now that''s not red anymore but it looks like sploches spread down his legs.
33.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
O obsessed with his orange.

OrangeO.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Aww China look at O
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. He''s so big! I love the photos and he''s sooooo cute!!
30.gif

Hmmm Sunkist, don''t know about that one. Are you giving him teething tablets/pellets? If you are, do you think it could be if he drools on himself? Is he red under his chin? Any changes in his diet besides breastmilk/formula (can''t remember if you are nursing or not)? Have you started any solids? Have you switched his detergent?

Sophia''s skin is really sensitive so if she gets formula on her chin, she gets red bumps and we can only use Dreft so far for her clothes. The other detergents we have tried have resulted in a rash.

I just felt so bad for R. I called him to say that I''ll be headed home in a few minutes and I could hear it in his voice that he was really upset...like crying upset (he''s super sensitive). I asked what was wrong and he said he had been trying to put Sophia to sleep for the past 40 minutes and all she does is cry and he''s upset because "I can''t put my own daughter to sleep."

Sophia has been acting up a lot when it''s time for bed lately. She''s STTN but putting her down has become challenging and it''s gotten worse over the past 4 days. I attribute it to separation anxiety because as soon as you carry her, she''s asleep. In the crib, she''s crying.

So I just told him he wasn''t doing anything wrong. It''s not him, it''s her. She''s going through a phase and she''ll get over it. I told him to rock her if he has to for a little while and if he feels really frustrated he can put her in her jumperoo for a little bit to see if she wears herself out. That''s something I would never do (bedtime is bedtime, not time for play) but I felt so bad for him. She has been crying for me too but I''m not as soft as he is when it comes to her tears, especially if I know the tears are because she''s sleepy.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Fiery, I haven't given him teething tabs or any new drugs or food, he's just BF. Its not under his chin like from drool, no. And it wasnt raised at all, definitely not with those fine bumps like on a diaper rash or a chin rash. But now I do see a couple bumps like a zit or a bite, but no head on them... The dr.'s office did just call and told me to just give him a bath with baking soda to neutralize the skin if anything is irritating it. Otherwise I should just keep an eye on it. I hope he's ok!

oh! something else I just thought of, I handed him his pacifier yesterday after I made myself a peanut butter/jelly sandwich! hmm

I'll try rewashing all his clothes with his detergent, see if that helps.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I''ve calmed down. All is right in the world again. It turns out all my colleagues and students saw my sub for what he was; I was just too polite to ask. The department chair told me how "appreciative" she was when my sub began lecturing everyone at meetings, sharing his "profound" insights. And my students opened up about how annoyed they were with him. I said, oh dear, well, he''s a nice man, let''s just focus on the present . . . but secretly I was relieved! They even said how much they appreciate that when I give them a due date, it''s a real due date, and when I assign them stuff, it''s "for a reason." So much for the Big Bad Wolf! So I can go about my business and let She Who Must Not Be Crossed hide out in the attic where she belongs.

DH wants me to go out on a girls'' night once a week. I think he really doesn''t understand how much work I have to do. And I want to do my job well if it''s going to be the last time I do it, at least for several years. I may never teach AP literature again. I know DH means well, but I''m like, seriously, I have 15 weeks where I can''t do anything but work, hug Claire, and exercise for half an hour here and there. I''ll come up for air in June, and we''ll establish a new normal that involves me cooking and cleaning and planning girls'' nights.

Claire''s 4 month appointment is tomorrow! DH is taking her since I used up almost all my sick days with my maternity leave.

China, so cute!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock

Ginger - Congratulations and welcome! I'm sorry to hear about the BFing troubles... Like most moms over here, I sympathise. My milk came in early (thank God, because I didn't have any collustrum), but Jacob was either unable to latch on or literally chewing off my nipples with his gum ridges until a nurse came to see me at home. I had a LC after that too, but I don't call her anymore because she's way too "by the book" and didn't understand that Jacob needed a paci to comfort suck and there was no way I could wait until 6 weeks to give him one (and go 4 weeks without sleep). I think it's really important to find someone that actually understands what you're going through and that not all moms/babies are the same. What's written in the books doesn't work for everyone! I've been taking More Milk Plus tincture to increase my supply so I can pump more, and it's working well for me.

Mara - I don't feel nauseated while BFing or pumping, but I did forget about eating for about 3 or 4 weeks. DH was in charge or making sure I ate, calling me in the morning and at lunch once he went back to work.

We visited my parents this weekend and used disposable diapers and baby wipes... After 24 hours he had a bad diaper rash even though I was putting rash cream on his skin!

7.gif
It's clearing away now that we're back to cloth diapers and washcloths with water, but I was really upset.

I thought that Jacob was starving in the evenings because he started crying a lot about a week ago, but it turns out he has gas cramps...
39.gif
My dad rocked him and put his big, warm hand on his tummy on Saturday night and he was farting so loudly I thought it was my dad! Poor little guy, we kept feeding him because we thought he was hungry, but it certainly wasn't helping. I bought a heating pad for him yesterday. He’s been crying off and on for hours tonight and it’s only 9:50PM... Welcome to the world of colics, I guess. *sigh*

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, the colic/gas is so tough on everyone! - you and baby
15.gif
How many weeks is Jacob now? Wes's worst week was around 6-8 weeks, then it started getting better. Hugs! There are so many differnt things you can try to relieve his gas- massage, pumping his legs, laying him tummy down over you legs or on one of your arms. It always seemed to me that the same thing never worked twice!
3.gif
Babies keep you guessing
1.gif
I hope he feels better soon and that you can not get too frustrated. THe one thing I read that helped me mentally during that time was that babies are to be loved. He's not doing it to manipulate you or be mean. He just needs love and comfort
1.gif

eta:
China LOVE O's pics!!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Not even going to attempt to catch up!!!

Viz, I am sorry C is sick!!!!!!!!!!.....and yes, my babies are fussy and a lil'' cranky too...I like to think of them as just having big personalities an being so smart that maybe their heads hurt sometimes..hehe
3.gif

China, OMG, he''s just pure cuteness!!!!
30.gif

Ebree, uhhhhhhhh I LOVE those too!!!!!!!!!!! Decisions, decisions...

Yesterday was our anniversary!!!
30.gif
Two years! I can''t believe how much has changed in two years!. I told DH we better not be planning on adding a kiddo per year...no need to keep up with this growing pace! hehe.

My guys are nutsos. Alex STTN for the first time ever yesterday (7pm-5:45am)...then last night he woke up at 2am!. While Lucas woke up at 2am yesterday and at 5:30am today. I swear these kiddos plan this whole thing out every day...not once do they both make it to 5ish on the same night!

And then they want to start the day at like 5:30am...so they are ready for a nap at 7am!....it''s exhausting! I''m going to have to start going to bed at 8pm if I want to get any decent sleep!. I know it''s better than every three hours, how it used to be...but keep in mind these guys are 4.5 months and I''m still waking up at least twice per night AND I could barely sleep the last like 6 weeks of pregnancy. So yeah, I''m a tiny bit tired.

Done complaining
9.gif

They are so freaking cute I just can''t stand it!. They crack up all day long, blow bubbles, talk to each other, love to hold each others'' hands, love to practice sitting down.....they are just getting to be so much fun
25.gif

I love watching how they are bonding more and more everyday. Every morning (when my roosters wake up), I put them in the same crib to hang out, hoping I can sleep a few mroe minutes. They LOVE it! they start laughing, it''s so cute!

In other news, I''m loving my mommy group!!! I''m so glad I gave it another chance because I''m meeting some really nice girls and it will be nice for the boys to have friends later!.

And in other-other news, my 10K is in two weeks and I''m freaking OUT!. Due to being sick I haven''t been able to work out at all!!!....I hope to go out running today....

ohhh and one more thing! We have the baptism date set!!!!. It''s going to be 4/10. Now I need to plan it out!...Invites, favors, outfits.....So much to do!!!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hiyas! Long time no posty.
I''m in Florida for a month with my BFF and her DD. Internet time has been limited, to say the least. I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and that I''m thinking of you all. Those of you who are on FB will see my FL pics ;-)

I finally kicked Romeo''s sleep regression in the arse by CIO (one night only) and he''s back to 12 hrs STTN. I have notice that he fights going down like crazy now...he wants to keep playing!!! He''s started cruising the furniture, so why would he want to nap when he could cruise, ya know?

Anyhoo...I''ll check in when I can, but thinking of y''all~!
35.gif

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock

Gosh, as a new mommy I was really hoping to get more involved with this thread, but it’s just too hard to keep up!

32.gif

I wanted to drop a quick ‘line’ since DS had his 4 month visit last week. His doctor said it was okay to start him on solids (fruit, veggies, strained meat), which I thought seemed odd since DS is only 4 months. He also told us that it’s okay to let DS cry it out at this age, as long as he’s not in distress. Of course, this is a personal preference, but DH and I are thinking we might give it shot since DS has become a total bear to put to sleep. We have him in the habit of rocking/bouncing for an hour (sometimes longer) and when we put him down awake, he screams. I feel like I’m getting a hunchback from holding him in awkward positions to get him to sleep (he’s a big baby). We splurged and bought the Summer Infant video monitor so we can watch him, the only problem, I now spend most of the night staring at the video monitor instead of sleeping!

rockpaperscissors67

Shiny_Rock
China, love the pics! O is sooo precious. I love his hair -- I think such pale blond hair is beautiful.

Mandarine, happy anniversary! I''m sorry you''re so tired. I can''t imagine having two babies that apparently tag team to keep you up through out the night. =) The cute factor must make up for it, though.

I hope you''re able to get a run in and get prepped for the 10K -- good luckl!

Yeah...apparently I''m having my Monday today. Nothing big, it''s just that our dryer does not heat up so now I have to wait for the maintenance guy to come fix it. I really wanted to get the laundry done today but it looks like it will have to wait for a while.

Oh, and I need to go out and buy some shirts! I don''t mind wearing the few maternity t-shirts that I have because they look like regular shirts, but I discovered that some of my old shirts don''t fit yet! I tried on a button down shirt and it''s TIGHT which is not conducive to being able to nurse anywhere in public. After wearing maternity clothes for so long (and I didn''t buy very many, either), I''m actually happy about needing to buy some new stuff.

When I went to Target the other day, they had swimsuits out. I saw the CUTEST paisley bikini and thought, "Yeah, not gonna happen." I should stop being so lazy, order the Wii Fit Plus that I want and use the next 3 months to get back into shape. I need my butt kicked badly about this.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, guys...just a quick fly by while E is actually sleeping for me. We are leaving in a bit to go pick up A from school and then go to get their pictures made at our friends'' house...they are a husband and wife photographer team, I''m so excited!! Oh and the wife is so sweet and is making us dinner for tonight, yea!

I still cannot keep up with feeding this boy. I am absolutely exhausted and have pretty much given up trying to exclusively BF for now. I will nurse him for an entire hour (I wake him anytime he falls asleep, so he is eating for the entire hour) and he still is looking for more. The only thing that calms him afterward is either a). more nursing or b). a bottle. And then he will start the cycle again a hour and a half or so later! So there is no way I can BF for an hour, put him down and then pump for 20-30 mins, then nurse again 30 minutes or an hour later. So I am going ahead and giving him about 2 oz or so of formula after nursing. I have no idea if this is just a phase where he is trying to grow to catch up from being so tiny, or if he is just a huge eater. I really just want to nurse, but I would be spending 12+ hours a day nursing if I did that, and I just can''t do it and feel like a good mom to my 5 year old too. So I just have to let go of the guilt and know that I am just doing what I can do to keep my sanity and am nursing him for about 30 mins, then giving him the bottle.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great day!

Fiery, thank you....yep, we are out enjoying the nice weather while it lasts. It''s supposed to get down to freezing temps here again by the end of the week
8.gif

Viz, I always think it''s better safe than sorry, so I always took A to the doc when he wasn''t feeling well, don''t feel bad.

Amber, yea for a good check up.

RPS, the cookies sound great. I have been craving oatmeal raisin cookies so I have been buying the Kashi kind with flaxseed. I might have to try this recipe at home though to save some $ and I''m sure they taste better.

Mara, sorry about Portia''s fall, hope she''s better. Did you find a designer to make your announcements on Etsy? I''ve been looking through, but never have enough time to really look. I want mine printed on cardstock, so I''m wondering if I just get the file if I''ll be able to have them printed out somewhere on cardstock instead of the photo paper.

China, ADORABLE pics!!

Sunkist, thank you...I think they are pretty sweet together
5.gif
. Sorry about the red splotches...I seem to remember something similar with A when he was teething, but it''s been so long. I know he often got a fever when he was teething.

PG, hope Claire''s appt. goes well today!

Anchor, gas pains are so bad in babies...you just feel so sorry for them.

Mandi, good luck with the 10k....I can''t wait to start running again, it''s such a stress reliever!

Mela, hope you are enjoying FL!

Sugarpie, yea for starting solids.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I love all the baby pics posted.....
30.gif
PS babies are so cute!
30.gif

I''m so jealous of everybody''s babies sleeping for 7-10 hrs straight! That sounds like heaven to me. Dalila is just about 3 months and is still waking every 2-3 hours! Although I think it''s partly my fault for not getting her on a consistent routine earlier.
40.gif
I''m hoping that things will settle down soon.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine: Uh oh, we need to do invites for baptisms? We're getting Piper set for April/May at Paul's school. Since he's the only Catholic, I'm unaware. Do we need to have people over? Do we invite people like it was a wedding (to the church)? Help!

ETA: China, I looove those pics!

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2010 12:49:45 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Mandarine: Uh oh, we need to do invites for baptisms? We're getting Piper set for April/May at Paul's school. Since he's the only Catholic, I'm unaware. Do we need to have people over? Do we invite people like it was a wedding (to the church)? Help!

ETA: China, I looove those pics!

Amber- Having attended many baptisms, I've always received an invite and the family usually hosts a small reception following the baptism. Not a "wedding reception" type reception, but more like a small luncheon somewhere (either at the parent's home, restaurant or function hall). Some guests do not attend the actual baptism at the church, but do show up afterwards at the get together and that's when they give the baby's present.

ETA - I've also noticed that many of my Hispanic friends tend to throw larger, more formal receptions and invite a lot more people. Just an observation. If and when we baptize DS, we'll keep it very small and just invite immediate family/close friends and then have a casual lunch at a restaurant.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph... don't feel guilty at all re: having to supplement! honestly even without a 2nd kid, having J on the boob for 12 hours a day is not something i would be remotely interested in. esp since he is a piggy also...and i swear he will just take cat naps on the boob but he keeps sucking so that i don't really think he is sleeping. if he had his way he'd be on it all the time. that whole 'he'll take himself off when he's full' has only happened TWO times in like 2 weeks.

happy anniversary mandarine!! i can't believe that you guys have only been married two years..it feels like so much longer that i have 'known' you in general you know?

re: baptisms, this is something i have been thinking about too. when is the 'normal' age to do it? and amber, yeah it's kind of like a mini-wedding, not that fancy really, but invites, an outfit, you typically host a lunch or something similar somewhere etc.

fiery...thanks for chiming in re: normal. he seems like he is getting slightly more interactive, baby steps i suppose!

blen...those pics of O are great, i love the orange and his pants.

last nite we put J down at 10:30 after having him feed for almost an hour on the boob. he was totally passed out. at 11:30 he wakes up screaming. he didn't subside, so i changed him (just pee, hardly any poo) and then fed him for another 15-20 min. when i took him off and put him down he woke up and started crying. so i put him in the master bathroom with the fan on and he cried for 5 min then passed out for 4 hours. this kid is weird! i still don't know WHY he woke up at 11:30 and was so irritated. anyway then greg fed him at 3:30 and he slept from 4 to 7:30.

we got some really cute photos with the photographer last week but she feels like she needs more with just J to round out the gallery...so she is coming back friday to take some in his nursery with him. i hope he cooperates. i didn't know when to tell her to come because his 'schedule' is still shaping up...but i told her 10am and then i was like...well actually after his morning feeding he is awake for a while and then i have to put him in swing to get him to pass out. so who knows what shape he'll be in, def not comatose milk state but oh well. he's almost a month old so no more pliable baby anyway!!

i think i had more to write but now i forgot it and the kid just fell asleep so i better go pump my other boob!

oh here is one of the photos the photographer got. i love how wide awake and angelic he looks here. HA!

j in pashmina anna.jpg

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
China - O is so adorable!

Viz - Don''t worry, I am one of those parents too. I think DH is embarassed of me. We have seriously been there once every 2 weeks, but I am blaming a lot of it on starting daycare and the accompanying sicknesses. I think once I get comfortable that they aren''t anythign serious I won''t go as often.

Mara - Glad Portia is ok. Yes, teh dog and maybe will conspire against you. Yesterday I finally calmed Olivia down from a tantrum and was feeding her when the dog decided to get his toy stuck under the chair. When that happens he will not stop wimpering until you get it. So I had to take her off the boob, set her down and get the toy. 2 min later he did it again.

Mandy - Happy Anniversary! DH bought my push present from Blue Nile and we were thrilled with it (tennis bracelet). The price and quality could not be beat (we got quotes from WF and BGD, but they were way more $ and I didn''t feel the need for H&A diamonds for such small stones). I believe they have several diamond and sapphire bands and there are always 10% off coupons floating around the internet. Also a great return policy. We''ll definitely be buying from them again.

Mandy and Amber, so glad you guys are just gearing up for baptisms now. We are doing Olivia''s on April 18 and our friends and family think it''s super late. We are doing invites (it''s typical around here to send a formal invite) and I am ordering them from Paperstyle. Amber, around here most people do a luncheon at their houses after the baptism. I really wanted to do it at a restaurant because it would be way less work for me but I think we are going to end up doing it at home. The restaurant was going to be several thousand dollars (we have about 75 people we have to invite) and DH and I decided we''d save money doing it at home and go away in May.

Speaking of which, we are looking for somewhere to go in May-June. We both love the beach, but want somewhere with more to do since I don''t want to keep Olivia on the beach all day. We love the Caribbean, but will probably stay in the US and probably go to FL. Steph, Mandy or any other Floridians - any suggestions? We have been thinking Clearwater or Key West.

I had to work from home yesterday because Olivia had pinkeye and could not go to daycare. It was impossible to get any work done. I once had delusions of trying to work from home 1 day a week, but there is no way this is going to work unless I get a nanny to come that day. In more fun news, she rolled over for the first time on Sunday night!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I''m such a dumdum because I just remembered:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNTER
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I know it was two days ago but I hope you and your wonderful mom had an awesome day!!

Dreamer, thank you so much for all of the advice you have given us on the Preggo thread and on the mommy thread!! You rock!!

bdayparty.gif
1144968sqp3kc2pis.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mara what a cutie!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Amber re baptisms...I agree with the ladies that most people do luncheons...and it''s also true Latin people go a little big when it comes to baptisms!. In our case, we''re going the small route...probably less than 20 people and since it''s in the afternoon, we''ll just do appetizers and cocktails following the baptism. If I was back home (Venezuela) we would definitely be doing something much bigger!...but our families are not here so we''re keeping it low key.

I''m probably renting out the clubhouse in our community and having some stuff catered, just so I don''t have to worry about it. We''ll see...

Nov My e-ring is from Blue Nile and we also had a great experience!
36.gif
There is one badn there I really like. I can''t decide if I want two thin stackables or one 5 stone ring!!!!

As far as FL vacations...I''m personally not a fan of Key West for an actual "beach" getaway...since there are no beaches!!!!. You can go to the Keys and maybe one further up Key is a better option. Key West is more for partying, IMO. For family vacation, I really liked Marco Island. We stayed at the Marriot last year and had a great time!. I don''t know anything about Clearwater...but maybe Fiery or Steph can chime in!

Happy birthday Hunter!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the baptism info, ladies! I''m half mexican, half white, and it appears the white side isn''t too religious. I wonder if they would even come, because it''s not their "thing". Then again, they did come to the wedding, which was in the Catholic church!

I should start looking at invites, now. And a restaurant to have it. Yikes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results