shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~You''re so sweet. Thanks for looking for me! She is tall. If Miss Crabby-Pants snaps out of it we''ll head out and try a few other stores.
9.gif
As for the paint-if she''s not in the room and he''s not painting all day, I wouldn''t be too concerned. Maybe just try and get her out of the house for a little bit here and there if he''s going to be painting for a long time?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori: I have no idea if paint fumes are still bad, but I''d just wait until the paint is dry to have her in that room. Once its dry, its not fumes you are inhaling, that''s just plain old smell. Just ventilate ventilate ventilate. That J&K+8 show doesn''t make me feel better about anything. I just think "overpopulation people!" Were her pregnancies the product of fertility treatments? While I think fert. treatments are a blessing, I think they are also a responsibility. i know the risk of mass multiples is low, but still..if you already have 2, well...stop the treatments already! And if she had all 8 kids that way naturally, then I guess...HOLY LITTER OF PUPPIES BATMAN!

OMG..Delaney is INSANE. She''s pulling up on her knees and then CRASHES backwards onto her head! SCreams, then gets up and does it again. She can also pull to standing. Kid is going to be the death of me.

Burk: Poor Tayva! Oh well, the dads are almost as good as us, but not quite.

Well I made a killing on ebay this week. I sold so much stuff & now I must print off my labels & arrange for carrier pickup! Wooohoooo!

See ya cats later!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya mommies! Wow, this thread moves as fast as the preggo thread -- I''m having a hard time keeping afloat!

Burk, we STILL do occassional swing naps! We definitely use them less than we used to, but at least one swing gets used at least once a day. For us though, it''s more of a "Hmm, G is napping so well in his crib but Katelyn isn''t so let''s get her out of the room so she doesn''t wake him up!" and so we put her in the swing. That is going to be hard for us to break, for sure, because it''s a surefire way to get a good nap in, you know? But overall I''m not too too worried about it.

As for PJs, my stepmom got us some really cute two-pieces ones at Marhsalls (long sleeve/long pants and short sleeve/long pants) and I got the short sleeves/shorts at Old Navy. All super cute!

As someone who changes two kids'' diapers all the time, it''s no big deal, believe me! In the mornings, we change them at the same time but then throughout the day, it''s on a "Your butt stinks, babe!" basis. Which now that we''re on solids is pretty darn often! Blech.

re: earrings -- I personally don''t like them on little girls because I feel like it makes them look too mature for their age (cultural piercings not included of course). Plus it gives me the ickies to think about them pulling them out by accident
32.gif
I''ll be waiting till K is 10-12 years old.

I love Jon and Kate too
21.gif
They''re speaking at the National Twins Convention this summer in Boston, and I really want to go see them! I refused to watch the show when I was preggo though because I was terrified to witness what parenting multiples (to the extreme!) was like. Now I love it though.

As for water, we use tap but run it through the Brita filter. Our town water does not have flouride so our pedi prescribed flouride drops for the babies. Gotta keep that one tooth strong, you know!

Our big news is that I think we''re going to take our first flights with the babies in late July. Ahhh! I''m terrified and excited at the same time. I don''t think we''re going to get them seats, but I think I remember seeing in the One Step Ahead catalog these seatbelt things you can get for them in your lap. Tacori, did you use that, or did you get Tessa a seat?

Blankets/things in the crib ... I gave the babies little loveys (binkits, after "Dinosaur''s Binkit") about a month ago, and they ... well, lovey them! It''s so cute to see them all snuggled up with them, and I definitely think they do comfort them. They sleep in sleep sacks when it''s cool and nothing over them when it''s warm/muggy, and they''ve been fine. I don''t know when we''ll make the move to a real blanket. Hmmm.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Diver~not quite as good is right! My sweet hubby just called to see how we were doing and to appoligize for forgetting the meds. So, I guess I'll have to forgive him.
9.gif
Yay for your ebay sales!

Ella~thanks for the reassurance on the swing. I don't have another baby for my excuse...but she just seems to nap so well in the swing and RARELY spits up in it. She is always spitting up in her crib. I'm changing those sheets constantly. So exciting about the trip! Did I miss where you are going?

T woke up from her nap happy as a clam. Thank goodness. We were playing on the floor and I left her there (on her back in about the middle of the blanket) to run and look up a number to call and make a hair appt and I came back to this.......
23.gif

tayvamoves.jpg

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
burk: ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!! thats such a sweet pic of T!!!!! u must have been shocked to see that shed rolled over so far! hehehehhe..sorry to hear u had a rough nite, but it seems shes doing great now from that cutie smile of hers!

ella: yay on the upcoming trip!! They do sell those safety harness things for infants on board, but i think its for 2 year up only? Does the airline not provide infant seat belts that loop thru ur own? Thats what i used when we traveled with K..he sat on my lap, and they gave me the infant seat belt that looped thru my own seat belt..how long of a trip will it be?

Driver: thats so funny about D!! my son has started doing something that looks REMARKABLY close to a cart wheel!!
23.gif
don''t know WHERE he picked it from but nearly gave me a heart attack when he decided to stop mid-walk, bend over to the side and sorta do a little hoppettee thing with his head by his legs and his bumbum up in the air!!

Tacori: i missed ur post about the water...we use bottled water only...our ''tap'' water is ..lets just say, not the best out there ;-)

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Burk --- what a great picture!!!! She looks so proud
9.gif

Ella -- good luck on the upcoming trip! Just wanted to tell you that twin moms are great -- I ran into one at the store this morning when I went to pick up the baby bedding I ordered (YAY!) and she had twin 3 month old girls. Of course we got to talking, and after we both went on our ways, she came back across the store looking for me to exchange email addresses so she can *give* me all of her girls'' outgrown clothes (first she asked me if i was opposed to hand-me-downs) -- it was so unexpected and so sweet, I was just blown away. She said she was really happy to meet another twin mom and there was already an email waiting for me when I got home -- that just doesn''t happen to singleton moms! Any experiences like that (since i know you know lots of real-life twins)?

bbl --
jen

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't help it; I have to pop in and tell you how cute your little ones are Burk, Ella and Mrs. Flutter!!! Darlings
36.gif

Diver, Delaney is hilarious, what a cutie; have fun on your trip!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Burk, cute photo of Tayva! She looks so proud
21.gif
My guys are rolling all over the place too - it''s crazy how far they can go just by rolling!

Diver, Delaney sounds like such a character! BTW, I''m like 99% sure that Jon and Kate did fertility treatments - I think they say so in the beginning of the show? And she actually had SEVEN fetuses in there the second time ''round, but one died. Yikes.

Jen, yep, twin/multiples mommies definitely have a bond! We were selling some diapers on Craigs List (we bought a box of size 1s at BJs that K outgrew before we used any, but we had already thrown out the box so couldn''t return), and the woman that bought them was like 34 weeks preg with twins, and she was like, "Let''s meet for lunch so we can chat!" -- so we did! I''ve never done that before with a CL sale or purchase, that''s for sure! (She''s the one that went to 40 weeks with her twin boys.) And I imagine that once life gets to "normal" for her, we will meet up again. And like I said in a post a few days ago, it''s pretty common for multiple mommies to talk to each other -- I''d say a good 90% of the time that I see another twin momma, we wind up chatting. I''ve never had any offer me their hand-me-downs though! I think that going through a twin pregnancy is pretty different from going through a singleton one (just based on what I''ve read) and I think that dealing with newborn/baby twins ("twinfants") is obviously harder than raising a single baby, so there is just this "Oh honey I can relate!!" thang there, you know? I am definitely at the stage with this guys where I can honestly say that I adore being a twin momma and wouldn''t trade it for the world! Which is why I''m just thrilled that you, Jackie, and Neatfreak will get to experience this wonderful ride too! (Not that having one baby is anything to sneeze at either, of course!)

We are planning on going to Florida -- because who in their right mind doesn''t want to travel to Florida in the dead of summer, right?
20.gif
But it''s my Mom''s birthday, and rather than have her come up here, we figured it''d be better to go there for a change. Travel is really hard on her physically as well as financially. Plus Q''s dad lives near my Mom, so we''d get to see him too, plus some friends. MSB, I wasn''t sure how that seatbelt thing works, if all planes have them or what? I figured we need to call whatever airline we''re thinking of using and ask about everything.And yep, I think those safety harnesses are for at least one year old (22 lbs.). For those of you that have bought your babies seats, how much was the fare reduced? Is it like half-price? I''m starting to get all nervous about not having seats for them ... ARGH, why is everything so bloody expensive?!
29.gif
I hate that I have to figure out if we can afford our children''s safety for crying out loud. But if it were truly unsafe for babies to fly on laps, they wouldn''t allow it at all, right? (Though I really hope that the fares are reduced enough that we can afford to get them seats ...)

I think I need to post a photo of K''s tooth for y''all. It''s so cute!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
My little KatieBugs and her first tooth!!! (Ignore the tears!)

IMG_2085%20First%20Tooth!.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Huh. That didn''t work. Trying again!

katiebugs_tooth.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
And I have to post this one because it makes me laugh *every* time I look at it! He''s like, "What, you never seen a six-month-old before??" in a Tony Soprano voice ...

what you looking at.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diver, I''ve only seen that john and kate+8 show once at a friend''s house. It was depressing so I never bothered to watch it again. Plus he made some comment about her weight and hair and I was thinking...buddy, you don''t look so hot yourself and you didn''t give birth to MULTIPLES.

Delaney sounds so funny!!

lili, glad to hear J''s spitup is better. Amelia''s is getting worse! Yes, she got her shots at her two month and it did start to happen around then. But I think it''s because I started to feed her more, less frequently, per doc''s recommendation. For a week she was doing great and then Sunday morning it was a MASSIVE regurgitation...all over me, her, soaked both of us and we both had to take a bath/shower. She doesn''t seem distressed which is the only reason why I haven''t gone to see the ped before her 3 month check up. Her physical therapist suggested the next time she tosses her cookies, to measure out some water and compare to see how much she is spitting up. She says docs are reluctant to treat spit up unless they know how much.

So she just did it again (that''s twice now today) and my entire shoulder is wet. So after I put her own, I measured and threw water on my other shoulder. It looks to be about a 1/3 of an ounce. Isn''t motherhood fun! I got to throw water on myself...now both shoulders are soaking wet. Yay!!!!

msb, I forgot...where do you live again?

Pave, realized I forgot to answer your question. I work from home and go back to work August 20. I can''t afford to quit since I am the primary breadwinner (although TGuy has very quickly increased his salary and now isn''t too far behind). I think I''ll have the best of both worlds...although I do travel a bit from time to time and am NOT looking forward to being away from my girl.

Burk, sorry to hear about Tayva''s awful night. I tell ya...MEN.
20.gif
That pic of Tavya made me laugh...she traveled quite a bit from the center of that mat!

Ella, good point on the fluoride...I should check that in my town. Ooooh...good luck on the flight!! Let me know what tips you have once you accomplish it!

And awww on K''s tooth. Why the tears though?
15.gif
Gabe''s pic had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD. Totally freaking funny. You take the best pics. What kind of camera are you using?

Jen, that is a really cool thing that happened to you...what a lovely surprise.

So Tayva wasn''t the only one with a rough night last night (although hers sounds way rougher). As you know, I''m trying to wean Amelia off her miracle blanket. Three nights ago when I gave it my first attempt, it went better than well, as I reported then. Two nights ago, it went so so, with her waking up at 4, 5 (I paci''d her and she was fine) and for good at 6.

Well last night at put down, she could NOT be consoled. I sat there for some time while she cried. Then I wondered if it was the sleep sack so I miracle blanketed her. No luck, still crying. Then I thought...well, she didn''t finish her bottle so I made up the 2 oz she didn''t finish and checked if she would take that. That did the trick and she fell asleep...and I thought, shoot! Forgot to put her back in the sleep sack first! But didn''t want to wake her so I left her swaddled.

Then, after her middle of the night feed, she couldn''t go back to sleep...tossing, turnning, squawking, etc. I sat there for 20 minutes popping the paci back in her mouth. Finally she fell asleep, only to awake 10 minutes later. I repeat for 10 minutes and she falls asleep. 10 minutes, she''s up again. So I give up and miracle blanket her. She''s out for the rest of the night (except she''s up early at 6:30 again).

So, swaddle weaners, what do you think I should do? Keep trying or do you think it''s too soon for her with her flailing arms? All of her naps have been one armed for the past two days. I switch out arms each nap and she has been napping fine. Maybe I should do that for nighttime too?

Weaning her off the paci is going to be ugly, but that''s next after this whole experiment...

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Such cute babies you all have. Ellaila I love the photo of your little man - that''s definitely a Tony Soprano face!!!

TGal I had swaddling issues with my daughter too. Never swaddled my son ''cos it was summer and he hated it from the start. With my daughter at around 16 weeks she started to fight her way out of it so I had to stop wrapping her. She didn''t like it either and it seriously impacted on her sleep. Eventually I had to just let her cry a bit until she got used to her sleeping bag. I know that''s not something everyone is comfortable with and I doubt I would have been either if she was my first, but I didn''t necessarily let her scream unattended, just let her fuss for awhile and she did get over it. Mind you I had to go and stay with her at my in laws (who were away) so nobody else''s sleep was disturbed!! But one night really did the trick. Tucking a muslin wrap her and tucking it into the mattress also helped. I just made she was right at the end of her cot so she couldn''t wriggle under it. Good Luck!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, TGal, I remember those first few nights of swaddle-weaning -- they weren't fun. I wonder though if Amelia is having a growth spurt rather than it being (or maybe in addition to it being) an issue with the blanket? There is a three-month growth spurt I believe. That's the problem with babies is that there are so many things that happen in the first few months that you don't know what to blame on what! She could be fussy because of the lack of swaddle or she could be fussy because she's in a growth spurt of she could be fussy just because she's being fussy. I think we had stopped swaddling entirely for naps much sooner than we stopped for bedtime (if I remember correctly). And we just stopped for the naps cold turkey and had no problems. So maybe you need to get her off the blanket entirely for naps before she'll be OK with bedtime?

Sorry to hear about Amelia's spitting up issues
7.gif
Sounds legit that it would be from feeding her more food less frequently now - an adjustment for that little tummy, you know? Why did the doctor tell you to do that? Just based on her age? If you think that's the problem, then I think you should follow your mommy's intuition and change her feedings back to what worked better. Eventually her feedings will become less frequent, but each baby is on her own schedule, you know?

And yes, that photo of Gabe was totally a fluke shot - I was trying to catch something else and the battery was dying so it took a delayed shot. I almost peed myself when I saw that expression! And I don't remember why Katelyn was crying but she's seriously the easiest baby in the world to make laugh (which I loooooooooove), so that's why we got a big smile out of her while the tears were still fresh!

ETA: We've got a great camera - a Canon Powershot 850? Something like that.

Any other new photos, ladies? Oh I forgot to mention that I love that photo of Ian, MsF! He always makes me smile - he's such a BOY! Too cute!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies...I think I will try it again tonight and see how it goes...will report back in the morning.

Ella, if it were quantity, I wouldn''t be as concerned. But lately it has been happening within the first two ounces. I think I am putting pressure on her stomach when I burp her (which I try to do a few times within the feeding). I''ve tried burping over the shoulder (which worked best until this point) and in sitting position. She spits up either way.

Well, 1/3 of an ounce isn''t even a tablespoon and I read it isn''t really of concern unless it is a tablespoon or two, which it definitely isn''t (that would be 1 full ounce). It seems like an awful lot though. I will have to really watch her in this next week so I can judge how much she is spitting up.

That is AWESOME that it was a fluke shot. If I caught something like that, I wouldn''t have been able to stop laughing either! I have the canon 850 too, but for some reason, it doesn''t take as good pics. Maybe it''s because we have such low light in here and I hate to use the flash. If you have any tips on how you use it, let me know...

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I''ve finally made it over to the mommy thread!! (and already behind)

Tgal--hope your night goes better than last. Do you want to swaddle-wean amelia for development sake? I am not planning on getting rid of my miracle blanket any time soon. I figure they are not moving much when they sleep anyway (except during the initial fitful stage when they are falling asleep) and i don''t leave Cohen in the swaddle if he is awake so i am confident he gets lots of exercise during the day.
Also, i plan to do what Ella did--omit it for naps for a few weeks before night changes.

Ella--LUV that pic of Gabe, that expression is priceless! I can;t belive K has a tooth--were they not just born!?! Ahhh, time just flies by.
You are brave to fly with K and G, but you''ll be awesome and i am sure ppl will be more than willing to help out. Let me know how it all goes. My trip to europe is fast approaching and i keep thinking about the logistics. We did not buy a seperate ticket for Cohen, i am thinking the same thing as you, it must be safe to have them on your lap otherwise if wouldn''t be allowed (right? ha!)

Jen--how neat that you instantly have a new twin-mom friend. So nice of her to offer the clothing. I think motherhood in general brings women so much closer, I have reconnected with so many friends via facebook solely due to the mom-connection.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
msb~Thanks! She''s pretty darn wiggly, but WOW that was quite the journey!

Jen~Thanks! I think she was pretty proud of herself! And yay for meeting another twin mommy! So sweet of her.

Skippy~Thanks! You''re too sweet!

Ella~It is crazy how much ground they can cover! Cute pics of your little ones. That one of G is absolutely hilarious. And K''s tooth...wow, a tooth. Don''t you feel like you were just giving birth to them and now they are getting teeth? Too fast I tell ya...it goes too fast.

Tgal~Sorry Amelia wanted to follow in Tayva''s footsteps with a rough night.
2.gif
9.gif
T didn''t ever stay swaddled (she''s always been super wiggly...since in my belly!) so I don''t have much advice. I would think it''ll take time, though, as she''s used to it. Maybe do as others suggested and eliminate it from naps first? Good luck! Keep us posted.

I need to take my sorry butt to bed. I''m exhausted from my long night last night. Hopefully tonight isn''t a repeat. I have to run summer conditioning for my volleyball players tomorrow morning at 8am so we cannot have crabby baby to deal with in the gym while I''m trying to be a hard a** on my players!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the drive by....tired...

Ella, no I have always held T on my lap (and probably will until she is 2). You HAVE to hold them during take-off and landing and then we tried the carrier. But usually just holding her worked the best. She wasn''t mobile though. Late July we are going to Vegas with her...crazy! 4 hour flight
20.gif
and I know it will be harder b/c she liked to crawl/move around.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Tayva is sooo cute.
I love that outfit (what little I can see) by the way.
Glad to hear that the new formula is working even though she''s still spitting up.
But what baby doesn''t spit up right?

TGal
Poor Amelia, hope it is just growth spurt and not something else
I know what you mean about being drenched.
I''ve been spit on so often that I don''t even bother changing my shirt (since I didn''t have too many of those nursing tank to begin with
41.gif
)

Ella
I agree w/ TGal, you got the greatest pictures.
I love love the look on Gabe -- too cute.
Awee...can''t believe they are teething already.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, quick drive by...more tomorrow morning. I need to hit the sack...

Naps are harder because if she doesn''t get to sleep or wakes up too fast, it screws her up for the day because she''s SO cranky. Nights actually seem a little easier. She did just wake up 10 minutes ago, but went back to sleep pretty easily. The first time I had her out of the swaddle with a free arm, I came to check on her only to find her fist on her nose and her looking at it all cross eyed...boy did I wish I had a camera then.

Jas, no real reason for the weaning except that I figure earlier *may* be easier than later. However, I could be totally wrong in that if she''s less jerky later, I imagine it would be easier...that''s why I was asking all the mommies. I''m not sure I''m doing this all in vain when she''s not even 3 months old yet.

Oh yeah...there WAS one reason I decided on the sleep sack transition....it was HOT here over the weekend and she was overheating (had heat rash) with just the swaddle and diaper. I was worried she''d broil to death and the sleep sack seemed so much cooler!

And forgot the second reason (I guess I DID have reasons!)...Jas, I found her one morning where she had nearly busted out of the miracle blanket. Because of the way it is made, she tried to lift her arms free and the entire thing was wrapped around her head. Freaked me out to check on her and not be able to see her face. I think that was when I really decided to give the early weaning a try, and that is why I am doing it more at night than at naps (where she doesn''t seem to have as much time to do the breaking out).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look here Burk!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
ella: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! oh my god!! i could just eat up K!!!! she is soooooooooooo cute!! and those eyes!! wow!!! and G''s picture TOTALLY cracked me up!! wat a good shot...

I know when i traveled with little K (he was 11 months old), the airline would not sell me a seat for him!!!! I had wanted to buy him a seat and then use his car seat on the plane for safety reasons...but nope..they wouldnt do it!! So tickets for infants with no seat was only 10% of the cost of an adult seat..so thats wat we ended up paying only, 10% of the total fare per adult passenger..

TGal: I am from Bahrain/Middle East =)..sorry to hear u had a rough nite with Amelia..hopefully u have a better day today..u will always have ups and downs during the weaning process, but i would advice NOT to go back to swaddling coz that would just confuse her..stick to wat u started and continue thru with it...

also, re-burping and spitting..could it be that ur burping her ''too'' soon after she drank? so the milk hasn''t had time to settle down before u burp her?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mornin

Tgal--Co had the miracle blanket unwrapped a few times--i often find him with his arms out, his legs out and his bare feet hanging out of his sleeper! How he manages to get even his toes out of something amazes me. He always ends up with the MB around his waste--now i am going to check more often b/c it could easily migrate over his face
Blankets in general scare me. I was going to suggest maybe just transitioning to a traditional swaddle (one you do youself with a light blanket) but that may be too warm/dangerous if she breaks free. Sometimes i just wrap a receiving blanket around Co''s arms and tuck it under him. It usually works to get him to sleep, but he can easily get his hands out.

So any other new moms feeling less than enthused about the summer? I just feel ick. I am so pasty white and chubby that hitting the dock at my cottage is just not as appealing as it used to be. My sister is visiting this weekend and she''s having a bbq. She surrounds herself with beautiful ppl--a few of whom model, and i just don''t want to look at their bodies right now
38.gif
--Yes, i know it is vain, and yes i know i *just* had a baby yadda yadda, but the last lbs are not budging. The BF= easy weight loss theory is crap IMO
4.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Jas, I hear ya honey on the "not psyched for bathing suit weather" front! My body scares me. And saddens me. I''m getting closer and closer to the "9 months off" part of "9 months on/9 months off" yet my weight ain''t off! I just bought a tankini top from the Gap (cute, on sale, and hides my belly) and I think I''m just going to wear that with shorts b/c I hate my thighs right now and ain''t nothing that can hide those unless I go for a skirted suit
23.gif
I''m sure you are in good shape though - you were so active when you were pregnant! I know I didn''t even start to feel remotely like the old me till I was at least 3 months PP if not more, so give yourself a little more time. And you supposedly lose a few more pounds when you STOP BFing, so that''s good news!

TGal, I think we started to unswaddle at night closer to 4 months than 3 months if I''m not mistaken (it''s amazing how quickly I forget all these things!), so maybe Amelia is just a little too young still? But if she''s busting out, then yes I agree that for safety''s sake, it''s time to get her ouf out of the MB. And my only tips for getting a good photo is: take a LOT!! I honestly have no idea how to use half the features on that camera, so I really think it''s mostly just a lot of luck when I get the good shots. Plus having cute babies helps
9.gif
I got the *cutest* series of Katelyn laughing the other day - I''ll have to make it into a collage and post it.

So we noticed that K has a little rash on her chest, and I''m wondering if that could be a food reaction? Squash was the new food two days ago, and the rash came out yesterday, so ... hmmmm. Have any of your babies gotten rashes from a new food? I''ve read that it can be one of the symptoms, but rashes can be caused by so many different things so who knows.

MSB, you had to pay for little K to sit on your lap?! I thought lap babies fly for free, no? I mean, 10% isn''t a lot of money, but I''m just surprised.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and I read the babyproofing chapter in What to Expect in the First Year last night, and now I am TERRIFIED to have two mobile babies!! Mommies of crawlers, please reassure me that it's not so scary ... Q was like, "Sweetie, we can't live in a bubble" in terms of making everything completely safe and childproofed, but that's easy for him to say because he's not the one that's going to need eight eyes and arms to keep track of them both during the day!

Also, what did you guys do with your pet's food to keep the kids from eating it?? Our house is basically a ranch but it's got a full basement, so we're thinking we need to move his litter down to the basement (or else I imagine it will become K and G's sandbox) but I hate to move his food down there as well. Poor li'l Monkey will be like Milton from Office Space, taking his sad little stapler down to the basement when he goes to eat and poop
39.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ella, the twins are adorable. The Gabe pic is SO funny!

Burk, T is such a pretty girl. Welcome the wonderful world of rolling! You can never turn your back on her again!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock

ALERT - RECALL ON JARDINE CRIB

Tues., June. 24, 2008
The following press release was issued by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission on Tuesday:

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Jardine Cribs
Units: About 320,000
Manufacturer: Jardine Enterprises, of Taipei, Taiwan

Hazard: The wooden crib slats and spindles can break, creating a gap, which can pose an entrapment and strangulation hazard to infants.

Incidents/Injuries: There have been 42 incidents of crib slats and spindles breaking. Four children became entrapped in the space created by a broken slat or spindle. Two of the children had abrasions and bruising.

Description: Jardine wooden cribs in various styles and finishes, as listed below, are included in this recall.

Sold at: KidsWorld, Geoffrey Stores, Toys "R" Us, and Babies "R" Us stores nationwide, and at babiesrus.com, from January 2002 through May 2008 for between $150 and $300, with one model, 0309K00 Mahogany Positano Lifetime Crib, which sold for $450.

Model #/ Description/ First Sold

BC-23 Drop Side Blue Spindle Crib8/2004

BC-36B Drop Side Light Blue Spindle Crib8/2005

BC-36G Drop Side Sage Spindle Crib7/2005

BC-36P Drop Side Pink Spindle Crib7/2005

BC-007 Hilton Drop Side Cherry Single Crib1/2002

BC-010 Windsor Drop Side Cherry Flat Panel Crib1/2002

BC-010C Windsor Drop Side Cherry Flat Panel Crib11/2003

BC-010HP Windsor Drop Side Oak/Honey Pine Crib11/2003

BC-010W Hilton Drop Side White Full Panel Crib7/2002

BC-017 Windsor Drop Side Dark Pine Single Crib1/2002

BC-107C Hilton Drop Side Cherry Single Crib 3/2005

BC-107CR Windsor Cherry Single Sleigh Crib4/2007

BC-110C Berkley Drop Side Cherry Flat Panel Single Crib3/2005

BC-110HP Windsor Drop Side Honey Pine/Honey Single Crib3/2005

BC-110W Berkley Drop Side White Flat Panel Single Crib3/2005

DA617BC Wicker 3-in-1 White Crib1/2002

DA620BC Haven 3-in-1 Oak/Dark Pine Crib5/2002

DA770BC 4-in-1 White Convertible Crib1/2004

DV730N Natural Lifetime Crib9/2003DV730WWhite Lifetime Crib8/2003

DV830-N Natural Lifetime Crib11/2004DV830-WWhite Lifetime Crib11/2004

0113B00 Drop Side Natural Spindle Crib7/2006

0113K00 Drop Side Mahogany Spindle Crib6/2006

0303B00 Berkley Natural Lifetime Crib9/2005

0303C00 Berkley White Lifetime Crib8/2005

0303G00 Berkley Cherry Lifetime Crib5/2005

0309K00 Positano Mahogany Lifetime Crib4/2006

The model number is printed on the inside of the bottom rail of the headboard or footboard.

Manufactured in: China and Vietnam

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled cribs and contact Jardine to receive a full credit toward the purchase of a new crib.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Jardine at (800) 646-4106 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET Saturday, or visit the firm''s Web site at www.jardinecribrecall.com.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ella: OMG...Gabe''s pic cracked me up. I have a pic like that of Jake and it makes me laugh. Totally Tony Soprano. And K is so pretty! Her eyes are so big and she''s soooo sweet!

And yes, crawlers are terrifying. I have to vacuum daily (yeah, like I have the time/energy for that). And no you don''t have to live in a bubble, but then you have to chase your kids & you can''t sit and relax with a cup of coffee & let them play for a few minutes while you post on pricescope. Seriously, you will hear from folks who say "I never put a single latch, yada yada yada", but my style is, babyproof the hell out of everything & then you can relax a bit more.

I''m all about relaxing. I will say that dh never figured out (nor my dad, nor my friend''s dh) how to safely latch my bathroom cabinets, and it was hell teaching Jake to stay the hell out of them. I had all the chemicals on a top shelf in my closet. Now that he''s 3.5 he leaves the makeup & toiletry drawers alone, but every once in a while he will dump all my velcro rollers on the floor and build something.

When we go to the bay area next week, my parents asked if htey could stay here instead of us taking the kids to their house, because its easier w/ all the baby proofing.

D is into EVERYTHING. If she can get it, its in her mouth. She is different from her brother though, while she''s so much ballsier, she is also a better listener. If you call her, she comes, and if you tell her "no!" she stops what she''s doing.

brb...

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Ella --- awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww -- those pics are just too adorable for words!!!

TGal -- GL -- i never tried to wean the boys from their swaddling, they just kind of did it themselves when they were ready (no miracle blanket, tho) -- hope it gets easier!

jas -- so true about motherhood bring people together in general -- look at all of us!
2.gif

re:babyproofing -- it can be overwhelming, but i think every baby is different, too, and some need more than others -- ella, don''t stress about 2 b/c i think it wouldn''t be much different than babyproofing for one (let me know if i need to eat my words here!!). You know their personalities and what they might want to get into -- start there and also by getting obvious hazards (cleaners and the like) out of reach -- and then follow their leads (they aren''t as fast as you when they''re tiny, haha) -- you''ll be fine!!

my kids'' summer break is stressing me out right now -- i feel i can''t do anything fun with them outside of the house (except swimming, which i need at least one other adult with me to do) and i''m ruining their break! I mean, they get to play lots of video games and the 2 older boys can go outside and play with friends without me needing to be there, but i feel like we''re all cooped up (plus it''s ridiculously hot outside) -- and they are not helping that much around the house and are old enough to (even with allowance on the line), AND they are arguing with each other a bunch. Very chaotic here, to say the least!
jen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results