shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 11:32:40 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
TGal, Ross was dirty for sure but they had some nice stuff. Good luck with A!
Yeah...and the lines at our Ross are always so chaotic. Did you know that Marshalls is a division of TJMaxx? They are so much more orderly than Ross. And way cleaner.

Shopping for household stuff is way cheaper at those kind of stores too. I don''t know why you wouldn''t get the basic stuff anywhere else.

Thanks for the good luck...she is still sleeping but the test will come at about 11pm -1 am...

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
TGal I had much better luck ringing customer service the day of my flight and asking them to help me make sure I was allocated a bassinet, they were very willing to do so.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tgal.
Good luck with A tonight. I hear ya on when the hubby is away, it is easier to experiment, no stress from hubby. You do what you need to do, and that's that. So I remember those days clearly. Hubby would come home and almost undo, what I had accomplished. But he's the softie, still is.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks SS, I think I am actually going to ring their US division CS this week and see if they can help.

Kaleigh, that is so true about the united front. But why do I think that it''s easier said than done?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:11:04 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Thanks SS, I think I am actually going to ring their US division CS this week and see if they can help.

Kaleigh, that is so true about the united front. But why do I think that it's easier said than done?
It's tough, but kids respect parents that are on the same page. If parents are bickering over an issue, one is on the left, one is on the right, that tells the kid, go to Mom, she's the easy one. I don't want either parent to have to be the bad cop. I'd rather the child know that both parents have the same view, so if the answer is no, then that's a NO.
Yanno??

I think it's about showing the child , or kids that you value and respect eachother. When you say No and your hubby is right there, to say NO, he's backing you up.
2.gif
If he said in front of A, well your Mom said no, But I think it's fine, to do such and such. He's dissing you in front of your child. That's not a good feeling for you, or for your child. Then they have a way of manipulating the easier going parent. It's not to say, you won't have disagreements, just have them out in private. Our kids are 18 and 20, and trust me, the united front is key. Their haggeling gets more skilled as they get older.
20.gif
3.gif
They still try to get one over on us, or get one of us to disagree with the other. Cracks me up, as I see it coming from a mile away. I am bad, since they can't get anything over on me. I feel bad for them. LOL.
25.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Tacori~That''s ironic, because there''s an OshKosh outlet right by the Carters and I bought T a dress (yellow). It wasn''t a great deal but cute and totally worth it!
9.gif
Good work with the coupons at BRU!

Tgal~Let us know how things go with your Amelia experiment! Oh, and I love Marshalls and TJMaxx too! I rarely buy anything full price.

Okay-sleeping rant ahead. Need advice. So, I was reading What to Expect the First Year tonight and there was this thing in there about the swing. It said if you baby falls asleep in the swing to move them to the crib. Now I''m feeling like such a bad mommy for continuing to let T take naps in hers. Bennefits of the swing is that she''s upright in it (because of her reflux-we have her crib propped, but not to the degree the swing is), she immediately closes her eyes the second I put her in the swing and puts herself to sleep, and she takes pretty good naps in it. If I try and put her down awake in her crib I have to let her CIO and I''m just not sure I''m ready for that. I did it once last week and it took her an hour (one of the most painful hours EVER!!) to go down to then she only slept 45 minutes. At night she typically falls asleep eating and then I usually burp her and hold her upright for at least 30 minutes before putting her down, again due to reflux. I eventually am not opposed to CIO but at this time with reflux (not knowing if she''s crying in pain sometimes or if she has vomitted, ect) I am not ready. So, what do you expereineced mommies think?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Kaleigh, I remember thinking I could "work" my parents, so I hope that I will be as firm as you!

Burk, I am not really experienced since Amelia is younger than Tayva, but it seems to be that A) you shouldn''t feel like a bad mommy and B) you have to do what is working, especially since your baby is in pain! Personally I think she has plenty of time to grow out of the swing...making sure she isn''t hurting because of reflux should be your top priority, so if she is comfy in the swing, (if I were you) my heart would break doing otherwise.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 1:40:10 AM
Author: Burk
Tacori~That''s ironic, because there''s an OshKosh outlet right by the Carters and I bought T a dress (yellow). It wasn''t a great deal but cute and totally worth it!
9.gif
Good work with the coupons at BRU!

Tgal~Let us know how things go with your Amelia experiment! Oh, and I love Marshalls and TJMaxx too! I rarely buy anything full price.

Okay-sleeping rant ahead. Need advice. So, I was reading What to Expect the First Year tonight and there was this thing in there about the swing. It said if you baby falls asleep in the swing to move them to the crib. Now I''m feeling like such a bad mommy for continuing to let T take naps in hers. Bennefits of the swing is that she''s upright in it (because of her reflux-we have her crib propped, but not to the degree the swing is), she immediately closes her eyes the second I put her in the swing and puts herself to sleep, and she takes pretty good naps in it. If I try and put her down awake in her crib I have to let her CIO and I''m just not sure I''m ready for that. I did it once last week and it took her an hour (one of the most painful hours EVER!!) to go down to then she only slept 45 minutes. At night she typically falls asleep eating and then I usually burp her and hold her upright for at least 30 minutes before putting her down, again due to reflux. I eventually am not opposed to CIO but at this time with reflux (not knowing if she''s crying in pain sometimes or if she has vomitted, ect) I am not ready. So, what do you expereineced mommies think?

Ahh Burk, I do the exact same thing.
J has a tendency to eat when she''s sleepy, so she''ll fall asleep after nursing.
Then I have to burp her and hold her for a while to prevent her from spitting up.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, do not feel like a bad mommy. Only *YOU* know what is right for you and T. My T used to always nap in her swing and just started napping in her crib around 4-5 months.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy to report all was good last night on the miracle blanket weaning front. She went from 7-3:30 am, better than average, so I figure she can manage. After her feed, I was nervous that she would have trouble, but she went down without a hitch until 7:30 am this morning.

I have her down for her nap right now, and there is definitely a lot more squawking that happens (whereas as soon as I put her in the miracle blanket, she calms down and is quiet until she falls asleep), but it only took her 5 minutes before she conked out so I guess it''s going well!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, that is great news!!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wow....so i dont log in on the weekend and i come back and its like there are a gazillion mommy/pregnancy threads! (okay okay major exaggeration here, but u catch my drift...)...so im assuming this is where us graduates get to discuss the oh so amazing world of motherhood :)

TGal: Great news on the weaning off the miracle blanket..i started weaning little K by only swaddling his lower half (like Jas said, he had more of a work trying to get his hands OUT of the swaddle!)...in no time he was sleeping sans swaddle and im sure Amelia will adjust quickly...but like u i graduated him into a sleeping sack coz it was winter and i was worried hed get cold
20.gif
(plus was worried hed wrap himself up in the blanket!)

Curly: in response to ur reply in the other thread, i guess i just have to keep trying all the different food textures with my guy till something catches on..its just that i HATE seeing him gag so much when i give him anything with texture!! id just rather go back to puree and make sure food goes into his tummy over giving him a piece of veggie or rice or pasta and he immediately throws everything out...sigh...we''ll get there eventually i hope!!

MrsF: yay on the 9 month mark!! u better start baby proofing ur place since he''ll be able to maneuver himself and climb everything in no time!! and a double congrats on the new job!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal- that is great news that Amelia did well with the blanket.

traveling with kids is just hard. you''ll manage though and I bet Amelia will just sleep most of the time. the key will be giving her lots of stimulation when you can. she''ll probably be crawing by then so giving her a chance to move when you can will be helpful.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
msb, when you say you swaddled his lower half only, that means you had both arms out completely? I tried doing one arm at a time, but then when I found her with her blanket around her face, I thought...man, if she can wriggle that much to get out of it and still not wake, it might be worth it to just get her out of the blanket completely. Of course, with her hands free, the problem is not movement per se, but that she smacks herself in the face a lot.
41.gif

Her morning nap went poorly though...she lost a half hour because she woke up halfway through and couldn''t go back to sleep. Oh well...trying again now for the afternoon. She also spit up massively at breakfast time to the point I had to give her a bath. Gotta ask the doc about reflux at her three month appointment.

Hope K will catch on soon to the eats...it''s awful to see them gag isn''t it? Amelia''s eyes get all watery and face turns beet red.

MrsS, I guess she will be crawling, but if she''s anything like me when I was little, probably not (I was sloooooooooooooooooow). However the thought of her crawling on the airplane floor...
14.gif
Going to have to bring a decent sized blanket.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Finally made it to the mommy thread :) Burk -- just wanted to chime in to tell you that 2 out of my 3 boys loved to take naps i their swing, but not in their crib -- and my first boy loved his "sittin'' chair" which was like a little rocking chair that was removeable from his swing -- he loved to eat in it, sleep in it, play in it, etc... as he got older he loved that it could rock *really hard* --- but he didn''t like the crib either. The crib I sold after my 3rd boy and it was in practically new condition! (they co-slept at night with me)

I''m really nervous about trying to get the twins to sleep in a crib since I''ve never had to try CIO before!

jen

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have another question...when is it safe to give your baby a blanket to sleep with? I know people have DRASTICALLY different views on this...just curious.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Yay for the MB weaning
36.gif
36.gif

Sorry to hear though that Amelia is having spit ups.
Is this new?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 4:48:38 PM
I have another question...when is it safe to give your baby a blanket to sleep with? I know people have DRASTICALLY different views on this...just curious.
My daughter was well over a year old before she had a blanket. My opinion now though is that she probably would have been fine with a small, light blanket once she was rolling well or pulling up. I personally would never, ever use a blanket (Other than the special swaddle types), stuffed animals, pillows in crib before then.

I was reading through the other thread about crib bumpers. I remember I posted a picture on PS of my daughter stuck under a crib bumper. After that I switched to the mesh/breatheable bumpers.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 6:52:18 PM
Author: VegasAngel

My daughter was well over a year old before she had a blanket. My opinion now though is that she probably would have been fine with a small, light blanket once she was rolling well or pulling up. I personally would never, ever use a blanket (Other than the special swaddle types), stuffed animals, pillows in crib before then.

I was reading through the other thread about crib bumpers. I remember I posted a picture on PS of my daughter stuck under a crib bumper. After that I switched to the mesh/breatheable bumpers.

Tessa is crawling and sitting (7 months) do you think it would be okay? DH always sneaks one on and I am starting to think maybe it is okay. She has a few *small* toys (a soft rattle and her beloved plastic rings) in her crib as she likes to play by herself in the morning. She does have a mesh bumper that I got after she got a leg stuck (in her crib rail while in a sleep sack). I will not do a pillow for awhile (as I don''t think she needs one).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I''d wait...mostly because it''s summer, so it''s warm enough not to need one? I would think the sleep sack is enough?

I plan to use sleep sacks until they are over a year old, but like you said...at some point it probably feels OK and that might be before a year.

lili, the spit up started happening after her two month appointment...

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
TGal: yeah, i only swaddled him from waist down (made sure his legs were tucked in nice) and left both arms out..he did jerk quite a bit initially and sometimes would wake himself up, but then he quickly learned to adjust to that and sleep thru it..with me it was his legs that were the problem..hed lift them up (both at once) and bang them again against the mattress!!
23.gif
didnt know wat was going on there...so if his legs were put, then he slept better...

it does suck to see them gag =( coz it really worries me that he isnt able to breathe ...this food business isn''t as easy as i thought!! enjoy the ''milk only'' phase while u can!!!

Tacori: I transferred little K from swaddling to a sleeping bag till he was about 10/11 months...i then switched to using a very light blanket (it became summer and the sleeping bag was just too hot for him)...i started off by again, only covering the bottom half of him as he usually shimmies his way ''up'' to the top of the crib and the blanket will end up at the foot of the crib, so i wasn''t worried that hed wrap himself up in it...after he got used to the idea of a blanket, i started putting it higher on his body (further up his chest) until he was fine sleeping with it..

Burk: i was told not to let the baby get used to nap in a swing/carseat/etc coz then it gets harder for them to sleep in their crib...to be honest, just do wat u want and wats comfortable for u..i used to let little K sleep in his carseat or his swing (though that was very rare as he didnt like the swing!)...

Here is my personal experience...i followed the advice of one specific book on babies religiously..if they said go left, i went left, if they said jump, i jumped..im telling u, i was ADDICTED to it and the level of detail and organization it had..it broke my day into 5 minute intervals and man it was just SO easy to follow because i was so overwhelmed being a mom and all and didn''t know wat to do...now that little K has hit the 1 year mark, looking back i realized that had i put more thought into it, i might have done certain things differently coz it would have been easier on the both of us, but hey...aren''t first-borns ur experimental toys anyway till u get it rite for number 2?
9.gif
...Point of the story, i did wat the book said i should do....now i realize, had i done things my way a bit, it wold have not made any difference in how he grew up to be...at the end of the day, a mother should listen to wat her instincts tells her to do not wat a book or the majority says (though that should be referred to at certain times coz they do know better in specific situations ;-) )..

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your thoughts on the swing! She sleeps in her crib at night and does just fine and takes an occasional nap in it. I think I may just slowly wean her from the swing.
9.gif

lili~Does J spit up often?

Tgal~Good news on the miracle blanket weaning!

Tacori~We started to realize T liked to have a blanket for security when she started balling up the one I put over her in the carseat and eating it and using it as security. I then started to give her a blanket when she napped in the swing (I figured it was safe since she couldn't roll over into it ect) and she loved it. Honestly the thing helps her fall asleep. So, I have put one in her crib with her for a nap since I know it helps her. We just give her a very light blanket. ( I know, everyone thinks I'm crazy since she's only 5 months). I don't put it in at night because I pet her down asleep then, but I use a blanket on her instead of a sleep sack at night because she started to get so long that she hated it when I put it on. I just use only crocheted or knitted blankets since they have "holes." I know I'm in the minority, but it doesn't worry me (and let me tell you, I was crazy about blankets, stuff in crib, sids ect when she was little....to the point where I couldn't sleep because I was so crazed about it.) You do what works best for you.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 11:23:35 PM

Date: 6/22/2008 6:52:18 PM
Author: VegasAngel

Tessa is crawling and sitting (7 months) do you think it would be okay? DH always sneaks one on and I am starting to think maybe it is okay. She has a few *small* toys (a soft rattle and her beloved plastic rings) in her crib as she likes to play by herself in the morning. She does have a mesh bumper that I got after she got a leg stuck (in her crib rail while in a sleep sack). I will not do a pillow for awhile (as I don''t think she needs one).
Tacori I think you would be fine putting a light blanket. Tessa can move the blanket, get out from under it etc. I too only cover my daughter from the waist up & she totally does wind up at the opposite side of her bed minus the blanket, lol. The toys you have in they are perfectly fine.

I for the life of me could not remember sleep sacks to put in my other post.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I''m happy to have this thread because I feel like I relate more to the mommies than the preggos! The second time around is beyond anticlimactic for me--oh yeah, maybe because I JUST went through this!!!

Potty training is not something I''ve thought about yet at all although when I first found out I was pregnant with #2, people told me to start potty training Lily when she turned one so I wouldn''t have to deal with 2 in diapers.
6.gif
She is nowhere near ready for it and neither am I. And maybe I''m naive because I''m not living it yet but what is so bad about 2 in diapers?
33.gif
You change one, then you change the other. I don''t know, I guess I''ll understand better in a few months but for right now, I think potty training won''t even be a thought until Lily is about 2. I know they work with them at daycare which goes through preschool so hopefully they will give me the signal when it''s time to start.

mrssalvo, I hear ya on the multiple strollers!! We have the Bugaboo and a Maclaren for now but once #2 comes along, we''re going to get a Phil and Teds double stroller. And I told DH we should consider buying a SNG off ebay or craigslist and he nearly had a fit!!!

TGal, I don''t envy you taking such a long plane trip with Amelia but if you score a bassinet, she should be fine. She''ll be around 8 months by then, right? She''ll probably really enjoy being on the plane, actually. Lily''s first plane ride was at 7 months and she was such a social butterfly. We''re going to Puerto Rico next month and I''m more concerned about that than I was about the earlier trips because she can walk now and I know she won''t sit still at all. At least it''s only 3.5 hours! And I totally know what you mean about having more freedom to experiment when TGuy isn''t around. I feel the same way about DH. He coddles Lily a little too much, like he heats her milk at night before giving it to her and at the first peep she makes during the night, he goes running to her and brings her to bed with us! It''s cute and it''s nice that he''s so in love with her but I think I would practice a bit more "tough love" if he weren''t around. I''ve taken Lily alone to my parents'' house for a weekend here and there and that''s when I get to do things my way. I''ve told him that she''ll drink her milk right out of the fridge but he won''t listen to me so I think I need to get him out of my hair for a bit longer than a weekend so he''ll understand how to do things my way!!!! I want to try to wean her off the pacifier at night as well but I know it won''t get done with him there. Regarding swaddling, we did the arms out thing first and she kinda freaked out but the next night we had her completely unswaddled and she was fine! We had her out of sleep sacks by the time she was about 9 months old.

Tacori, we don''t have Ross near us but I LIVE for TJ Maxx and Marshall''s. It''s amazing the things you can find there. We went to the Carter''s outlet and then TJ Maxx and TJ had the same stuff for CHEAPER than the outlet!!!! I also found a toddler size Bundle Me for $35--they are normally $50. I refuse to pay full price for anything so you''ll always find me trolling the discount stores!! Regarding blankets, we rarely put one on her and didn''t start till she was almost 1. It''s too hot now to even think about it but she''s been fine without any kind of covering. I''m not rushing to put anything unnecessary in her crib. She''s not attached to blankets or dolls yet and I''d kind of like to keep it that way--one less habit to break! She does love her blabla doll although when I put the doll in the crib with her, she moves it out of the way!

Kaleigh, you offer tons of great advice. I love hearing from you because it sounds like you''ve done an amazing job with your children! Please feel free to share all your secret tips with us at any time!!
1.gif

Burk, I agree with Tacori. You are not a bad mommy. You have to do what is right for you and your daughter. So she naps in the swing, who cares?! Let her sleep! I wouldn''t worry about it at all, especially if she''s sleeping in her crib at night. You''re doing a great job!!

msb, I wish I had more tricks for getting K to try other foods but I think it''s all trial and error and repetition. Lily doesn''t even get to the point of gagging with some things, she just spits them out immediately! It will get better, just give it time and keep trying different foods and textures. When you find something that he likes, stick with it and try variations of it. For example, Lily loves grilled cheese sandwiches so now we make grilled sandwiches with other things in between the bread or we''ve moved on to quesadillas. She likes waffles so we also tried pancakes and she loves them too. She likes english muffins so we also give her bagels. Can''t hurt to try...

Lily has MOLARS coming in. Holy crap, they look so huge in her mouth and she is drooling like a mad woman! Is it possible to overdose her on Motrin?! We''re sticking to the dosing amounts and only giving it to her every 8 hours as necessary but she can''t become immune to it, can she? I just don''t want to lose my savior!!!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies- just wanted to come over and say hello- I have always liked reading up on what''s going on with the mommies/kids- hope you don''t mind. I feel like I learn so much about what to expect in the future- and good ways to deal with whatever it is!!

Tacori- I can''t believe how fast time has flown- when I read your earlier post about tessa being like a week old!!?? And now you are a veteran mommy! So cool! Oh and I would melt if my baby said my name. Can''t wait. oh Btw I looooove shopping at tjmaxx first, then marshalls, then ross- I love to get a deal. and they have great stuff so often.

Regarding potty training- did you guys hear of the potty whisperer? I saw her on the today show. Interesting.

Tgal- thanks for the list of whats good/whats not needed. I bet your girl will do well on the trip. It is far away right now - I think, right? The bassinet seems good. Why would they let ppl have the bassinet seats when someone with a kid doenst get one? that doesnt make any sense.

Mrs salvo- wow you have alot of strollers- I could see that happening to me. Do you know (or anyone els) about the bumbleride flyer? It seems so cool and cheaper than the really expensive ones- We saw the graco one yesterday in toys r us. It seemed good but I really want the bumbleride. But I didn''t know how expensive the car seat is alone! It seems like I should just buy the travel system to save money? I don''t know.

Hi Burk- I wouldn''t feel bad about the swing right now. My friend is actually going through a similar thing now- I think she is starting the baby in the swing, and now stopping the motion after baby falls alseep. and then maybe moving the baby to the crib? But you have her best interest at heart-

Well I have to run- have to work today. Sorry if I didn''t get to address some ppl individually- hope you guys don''t mind me chiming in...
Oh I have a question- do most of you mommies work an outside of the house job or is home your main job? I am only working part time right now and i think my dh would want me to go back after 6 months- but I kind of think I won''t want to. Did you change your minds after the baby came? Did your spouse need some time to get used to the idea? Some ppl have told me that after the baby comes, the spouse may realize how important it is for mom to be home if possible? Please share your experience if you don''t mind? Thanks

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I guess I know it will be an issue with my MIL (she LOVES to bundle her up). I think she would still dress T in fleece if I let her. T has always spit up a TON so I know how scary it can be. She still vomits. But the difference is it doesn''t seem to bother her.

msb, maybe I should just stick with the sleep sack. She always sleeps on her tummy and is *ALL* over her crib. DH says she is a smart girl and won''t smoother herself.

Burk, my T used to only sleep in her swing too so I know how you feel. Do what is right for you. Sounds like she is a good night sleeper so that is great. My neighbor has always put her twins down with a blanket. They cuddle them. And she started baby food at 4 months so SHE is the crazy one
37.gif

Vegas, I figure since the toys are all small they are okay. I just started leaving them in maybe a month ago. She loves them. She always snuggles up to the little bear rattle (soft). I think it is cute when I hear her playing in her crib. I am glad she can entertain herself! DH uses one of the thin flannel receiving blankets. Does that sound like a good one?

Curly, poor Lily! I bet those molars hurt! I cannot believe you are having another one! Any news on the name front? You would love Ross b/c it is EVEN cheaper. I kinda want to go back but I think DH would kill me. He says I shop to much
20.gif

Pave, you are welcome here anytime! Isn''t that old post funny! I noticed that too. time flies for sure. The discount stores are kind of like a treasure hunt. You have to dig but when you find that must have item it feels so good. I should say I only went to the home and the baby section of Ross so I have NO idea what their other departments are like. I do love when she says "mama"
30.gif
I do not work outside the home. Luckily I am in a field where I can work from home if I want (I have done a few projects). It was important to DH and I that I would be home. He also works from home so when I want to run out he''ll watch her which is really nice!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Curly! Sorry to hear about Miss Lily's molars.

Pave~Good to *see* you!
21.gif
I'm glad to hear of someone else who has my "problem." I usually do go up (we keep her swing in her room) and shut it off once she's asleep but have never moved her to the crib. So...I just tried it and guess who's sleeping in her crib?!?!
9.gif

Tacori~Remember I started T on baby food at 5 months....so I may still be in the running for crazy mom of the year!
3.gif
The thin flannel receiving blankets is what I use for my T to cuddle. I am jealous that both you and your DH work from the house. My DH does every once and a while and with me being home for summer it is sooo nice for us both to be around. It's also nice having him around if T's asleep and I just want to run a quick errand.

I'm exhausted from all the baseball this weekend. I have not taken Tayva out of her PJ's and I haven't taken mine off yet, either. Just don't feel like leaving the house. I'll put my workout clothes on when it's time to go to my step class but I think that's as far as I'll go. Soooo lazy....
28.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Omigosh, I am so glad you all are using this thread! I feel strange hi-jacking the preggo mommies thread with my kid-news. I just like to lurk it to see how the mommas to be are doing.

Blanket: Well, I had the angel care monitor, so my babies had blankets around 9mo to a year. Delaney sleeps with one, but she can pull herself up, so I think she''d be ok. I did use sleepsacks all winter, she just got the light blanket a month ago, since her sleep sacks are heavy material.

Can I just say I hate af? That beeeoootch and I don''t get along. I''ve felt like I was going to puke till she got here y''day. I am still nauseated. Ugh. I almost thought I was pg for all the nausea. That''d be me...tubes tied and getting knocked up anyhow. I''d die. Literally.

I ran 4 miles on Saturday & sucked miserably as well. but I did it! I''m going to powerwalk that route today with the kids in the jogger so I can work the route at a lower impact. I ran it with a mommy friend who is training for a marathon, so I need to step it up.

Potty Training: well, I worked on it with Jake y''day to miserable results. He peed twice in his undies, and was so down on himself. I hugged him & reassured him that everything new takes some time & accidents are ok. WE had him sitting on his potty at regular intervals & dh got him on it when he saw him grabbing his crotch, but it was too late. Jake decided that pretty much was it and started crying a little & asked for his diaper. Poor guy. I figure we can try a little each day. He''s 3.5 & has not been ready & I''ve tried about a dozen times over the last year or so to p.t. him. ARGH. He did go buy a new potty with me last week & really likes it (the bjorn full sized one) so we''ll see.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Burk, lazy and step class don''t exactly belong in the same sentence!
2.gif
It is nice. I hardly ever have to take her with me on errands (unless I want). DH is a very involved daddy. In a way I think it will make it harder b/c she is so attached to us. I guess DH left her with a friend (while he went with her BF to pick up a pizza) and cried the whole time
39.gif
It was only when she saw DH again she was happy.

Diver, I had Andrey open it. I realized that you started this RIGHT after T was born which is why I probably abandoned it. But yah...reborn! I feel awkward in the preggo thread now too. I have the angel care too but we packed away the sensor once she hit 6 months. Guess that was kind of silly. Oh well. I STILL haven''t had my AF.
6.gif
Not looking forward to her return. My friend SWEARS by the "potty power" video. She said all the kids in her neighborhood got PTed that way. Poor little Jake!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Diver~I posted this in the preggo thread without thinking about the mommy thread....Question about PJ's: Since Delaney is long (so is my T) what size clothes does she wear? I am having the hardest time finding footed PJ's in 12 months. I found some at Children's Place and at the Carter's outlet but everywhere else only has shorts and a top or something similar. T is only 5 months so I would prefer footed with a zipper. Any suggestions? Oh, and hope Jake picks up on the potty training soon. Poor guy
7.gif

Tacori~I guess going to step class will be my one anti-lazy move of the day. T and I just took our dog for a walk. I went in my PJ's. I did finally get her out of hers and put a onsie on. So sad about you T with the friend crying. That friend must have felt horrible. I left T with my mom while I ran to the grocery store and when I got home she was crying. Mom said she had been for the past 15 minutes. The second I took her she stopped.
23.gif

Regarding AF~I have had mine for 11 days now. It's not heavy but it's there. This kind of reminds me when I first found out I was preggo....only it didn't last this long. I don't think I'm preggo again (I'm on BC) but also think it's weird that it won't GO AWAY(since I'm on BC)!
29.gif
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results