shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal, so glad little Amelia is OK.

also: YOU ARE BEING PAGED IN THE WHO''S WHO THREAD!!!!!!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda. I rarely head over there, so I''ll take a look a bit later.

Forgot to say in therapy today I pretty much made Amelia fall over and bonk her head. She had something in her hand and I thought it was a metal bolt of some kind. Turns out it was my platinum earring backing! I felt my ear and my diamond bezel earring was gone!!!

I was so shocked that I shifted to look for it (we were sitting on the floor) and moved too abruptly, causing Amelia to fall and hit her head. Fortunately it was on a thick mat and she didn''t fall over far but she started crying because she was stunned (she rarely cries from stuff like that, although it does not happen very often). I thought my earring was gone for sure because Amelia didn''t ever tug on my ear. I stood up and my earring fell to the floor. Thank god I noticed it then. I have no idea how it fell out of my ear.

I just thought, thank GOD they are insured!!!!

(oh and thank god I didn''t hurt my kid too much.
41.gif
)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Geez, good thing your earring was still in your ear. Geez, making poor Amelia fall over and bang her poor little head. Boy oh boy. Ha.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
ok my lame attempt at catching up...

tgal glad to hear that amelia is going to be just fine. sorry that eating is so challenging. B is the opposite, he can''t stop eating.

burk how is T doing? hope she is doing better. glad that the molars came through. those are such a PITA.

lili how was dim sum for J''s party? any pics?

snlee how is D doing? i hope he is still sleeping like a champ.

tacori AWWWWWWW, what great pics!!! T is just so cute!! and i see you got her a "leash."

NF your boys are adorable!

diva james is a handsome little guy. i hope he enjoyed his first easter.

mrsS how is Jake doing? is he still having a reaction to milk?

jas12 Co is a smart little guy. that''s really cute that he does one with his finger when you ask him how old he is. when people ask B how old he is, he says "wwwhhhhaaaa." haha, guess he can''t really get out "one."

thanks again for all your well wishes for B. we went to another follow up today and the doc was very pleased with the healing. i got the go ahead to give him a bath and boy did he enjoy it! haha. but i think he was amused with his burns cause he tried to keep touching it. but the bad part right now is that because the skin is healing, it is super itchy for him. it got so bad today that he tried to bite himself. i was holding his arms so he wouldn''t scratch, and the next thing i know he''s almost got his mouth around his arm. and i change his dressings once a day after his bath and no more waking him up in the middle of the night to wet them. i just hope that he isn''t used to waking up.
hope all is well with everyone!!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
TGAL: awwww, poor Amelia, but kind of a funny story. Thank god she didn't eat the earring! Sounds like she's doing well with the p/t. I think you're lucky your pedi got on top of that so quickly.

Tacori and NF: love the pics. NF, that stroller is stylin! I want to see pics of the mommies too though!
emteeth.gif

Puffy: That's so great that B is doing so well--he sounds in really good spirits! Yay!

Diva: Awesome Easter shots, he is really growing so fast.

How are my other fellow 6 monthers doing (Snlee, Curly,etc)--do you guys have a steady solid food schedule going? Hope you ladies are doing well!!

Things are good on my end except C seems to be developing separation anxiety. It's killing me b/c I already have guilt about working/commuting. I came home last night and she saw me and burst into tears..sad cry, not upset cry. First time that happened, and this was after 4 days straight with her (took days off work) so maybe she was missing me. It was so sad. I hope she doesn't do this everyday b/c it will be very hard.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
tacori/nf/deejay - love the pics! the kids were all so cute and tessa def looks like a handful, and the bling!
30.gif

tgal - omg about the earring. glad you found it and amelia''s ok

puffy - glad b is feeling better

family is gone as of this am, so we have a little more quiet. g has lost his umbilical stump. my nips hurt so badly and 1 was bleeding yesterday. i''ve already had 2 ppl check out my latch and say it looks good, but i''m going to need my mw to help out some more during our appt today.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal-glad Amelia''s dr. visit went well. good advice btw. I don''t have the time or energy to "walk" Jake around so he''ll have to figure it out on his own by cruising around the furniture. According to your PT then I''m not a bad mommy for not holding his hands and walking him around all the time
9.gif

puffy-glad you checked in again and i''m glad B is doing better. Jake still has crazy stuff going on with his skin. I"m keeping him off milk and yogurt until we go to the dr. next week and I see what they say.

blen-hang in there. nursing is so hard. I bled with my first. it turned out there were a couple of times she wasn''t latching correctly and it caused the damage. it''s takes a little time to heal. you can buy nursing ointments which can speed along the healing.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OH.EHM.GEE!!!!!!!!! These pics are SO cute!!!!!! I always love when PS'ers get together. It makes it all SO REAL!
Your kids are all so cute. wow. Like, model-city beautifuls!

(just also want to say thanks for all the advice re: birthing clothes etc.) Can't wait to have my babe and join the mommy ranks!

ETA: Quote of the day, from Tgal "I just thought, thank GOD they are insured!!!!

(oh and thank god I didn't hurt my kid too much." HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
3.gif

ETA2: OMG the bling. I almost passed out.
10.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the photos!!!!!!! Tessa is such a character--she reminds me so much of my Lily. You have to bring her to NY! I have to say that I''m even more in love with the Tessa ring now too--it looks soooooo delicate, much moreso than in the close up photos. My mind is racing...

NF, the boys look so adorable. Glad they could handle Miss Firecracker T!

Puffy, so glad that B is doing better. I''m sure he''ll be 100% in no time.

TGal, I''m so happy that Amelia doesn''t need real PT. And what a relief that you found your earring!!! Thanks for the tips on "walking" the babies. I had heard that you weren''t supposed to hold their hands over their heads but didn''t know why. Now it makes sense!

janine, I''m sorry to hear about the separation anxiety. We haven''t experienced it yet with Lucy and I was gone for almost a week to Vegas but she didn''t even notice!!! But I know how much it sucks. The good thing is that it does get better eventually. Lucy''s doing well--she''s eating twice a day now. They give her cereal at school in the morning and sometimes fruit or veg and then at night I''ll give her a veg usually mixed with cereal because the stage 1 foods are sooo watery. She''s had all of them already so we may move on to stage 2. I have to say that I am waaaaay more laid back this time around--I didn''t wait 5 days before introducing new foods.
23.gif
I figure that neither DH nor I nor Lily has any food allergies so hoping Lucy won''t either. She doesn''t care, she eats anything and everything!!! We went out for Easter dinner and she actually sat in a high chair at the table and gnawed on pieces bread the entire time--she doesn''t even have any teeth yet but I think it felt good and she wanted to be like everyone else!! Her sleep is still erratic but I''m not a sleep nazi like TGal so I''m just dealing with it for now! We''ll have to try CIO at some point but I have to get Lily out of the house to do it so I''m just waiting for the opportune time.

Other than that, all is good in our house. Lily''s latest gems: "oh my god", "uh-huh" (when she means yes, soo grown up!), "I fine" (in response to if she wants more of something like food) and "see ya"! I swear, this girl is like 13 already!!! Very funny.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the obligatory naked bath shot! This was Lucy''s first time in the real bath tub--she LOVES it!!!

lucytub.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the sisters being silly, as usual!!

goofysisters.jpg

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Don't know why that came out so small, let me try again. By the way, Lily totally has a black eye in this photo--she was being goofy at school and fell face first on to a table. Of course, I nearly died when they called me about it but at least there was no blood and she's totally fine now!

goofysisters2.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Curly
Lily and Lucy are adorable as usual.
Sounds like Lucy is doing great with food. I find M eats better when we are all eating.

Blen
Sorry that your nips are in pain and bleeding. Hopefully your middie can help you out.

Janine
Sorry about separation anxiety. Maybe she got used to seeing you the whole long weekend.

Puffy
Glad B is healing well.

Tgal
LOL on your earring story.
Glad A doesn''t need PT. Thanks for tip on walking training. I usually hold M under the arm pits and just bend over. I''ll have to try the towel thing.

Tacori
Little kids just love pushing their own stroller. I bet Miss T was so cute doing it.

L2L
I am still losing hair too. I felt like I was going bald around my hairline, but baby hair seems to be growing back now.

snlee
yeah 4 pumpings. Yesterday I cut one pumping and still got 18oz, so I am trying 3 pumpings again today. If all go well, then I''ll go down to 3.
I''m planning to visit for Mother''s Day weekend. Let me know if you and Puffy are down for GTG. Most likely it''ll need to be on Sat.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Been so busy with house stuff. Since DH is out of town I'm the one that has to go sign everything AND I'm trying to get our house ready to sell. It'll be worth it in the end. Tayva was back to her old self yesterday. She's been saying a bunch of new words lately (even identifying colors
6.gif
) so that's been fun.

Okay....trying to catch up .

Tacori/Neat~Those pics are awesome!!! I am so jealous and hope I'm able to meet up with some PSers and kiddos some day!...on that noteTacori~ I'm telling you our two T's would be an absolute kill together. We'd get tired, but they are so much alike it just makes me giggle thinking of Tessa at the airport. Tayva would have done the same thing!

Tgal~Scary about your earrings. Thank goodness you found it! I lost one of mine on our floor one day playing with T and I swear my heart stopped for a while. We don't have mine insured and with this house crap, I doubt we'd dish out the cash to replace them!
20.gif
Glad the appt went well. A's gonna be walking before you know it.

puffy~Glad things are going well with B's healing process. Tayva is doing great. She is obsessed with playing outside. She says "outside" and walks to the back door off the kitchen. She's gotten to the point where she'll get her coat and bring it back there and say "outside." I'm hoping the weather stays nice finally so we can actually spend more time out there.

janine~Sorry about the heartbreaking separation anxiety. T went through it for a little bit too...it only lasted a week or so.

Blen~BFing is hard. I was having to count to 10 everything she latched!! I finally went to a shield and it was HEAVEN. Once I healed we ditched the shield. It does get easier!!

curly~Those pics of your girls made me smile from ear to ear. They look so much a like. They're going to be such great friends. I so hope I have another girl next!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
lili
I know M isn''t super chubby, but everyone IRL thinks she is.
So where''s the dim sum pics?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blen I just wanted to say that the BFing does get easier. After about 3 weeks IIRC your nips will be muuuuch less sensitive and it won't hurt at all. Just hang in there.

I found that stuffing a heating pad up my shirt when I wasn't nursing helped with the pain A LOT. As does a warm bath if you can get one. We had good latches too-but it doesn't mean you won't still hurt.
7.gif
I also did what Jas said and would just suck in my breath and count to 10 when they latched on.

Hang in there mama!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
L2L, forgot to say I am STILL losing hair. But the majority (around my crown) started to grow back maybe 5 months PP. It is maybe 4-5 inches now. I lost my hair the same time T lost her hair. We were both a mess.

Skippy, thanks friend. I put the pics in hangout but know the mommies (and faithful lurkers) here really care not just polite care.

Linda, I just didn''t want y''all to think I don''t put shoes on her. I rarely put up a fight when it comes to stuff like her throwing them off. I put them on once or twice and by the third removable I stick them in the diaper bag.

Bobo, she was a meanie. I mean I did feel sorry but it IS her job. We did have fun. How is little B?

TGal, I think you are right about it being the first baby GTG. I vote for it NOT being the last. Yay for no PT! I know they sell harnesses for teaching a baby to walk like that. Not sure how much they are. Glad you found your earring and that A was injury free! There will be lots of spills, bumps and bruises.

puffy, glad B''s burns are healing. Poor kid. It must be uncomfortable! I did get her a leash. That was the only time I have used it (so far). She is a freak so she kinda likes it. She kept laughing when she tried to run away (and couldn''t) and I think she thought it was a game.
20.gif

Janine, I didn''t post them b/c I wasn''t sure if NF or D wanted me too. Wait until the 15-18 month separation anxiety hits
23.gif

Blen, she is SUCH a handful. I am not embellishing my stores (NF can back me up) but she is a sweet and happy baby. BFing is painful and difficult for most in the early days. Just need to get through it.

MrsS, hope J''s skin clears soon. I am sure he will figure out the walking thing soon.

mela, thanks! I think PSers have unusually cute babies
30.gif
Tessa was very interested in the boys but they completely ignored her. Typical boys. Playing hard to get!

Curly, the temptation to leave T behind whenever we do make it to NYC might be TOO tempting. It is difficult to travel with her. Your girls are so darn cute and LOVE the last picture of them. Looks like Lucy is telling her a joke. So cute. I can take some more (farther away) Tessa ring shots if you want. It is very thin. I would guess 2.5 mm at the widest. Perfect for stacking (one day). I love the rose gold too. Love all of Lily''s new phrases. T only has a few like "all done" and "night night." Most are still one words ("Up, ball, hi" etc...) She did bark at my parent''s dog nonstop. Sounds like "woo woo." Not sure how she learned that since we have cats.

Q, it was cute seeing her push her stroller. Her baby doll stroller is one of her favorite toys and she MUCH rather push in it than ride in it.

Burk, I bet the Ts would run us ragged. Tessa does not know colors yet but has been learning new animal sounds and words. I am not really worried about it. She''ll learn everything one day. Haha. Is she off her bottles?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Squeee!! Look at all those cuties!
30.gif
30.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the BFing advice, everyone. My mw just came by and said that my latch looks good and that it''s probably a tough-it-out type situation (and she had me try a shield, which also hurt), so basically what you girls just said. It''s just that everything I''ve read says that a good latch should be comfortable, so I wasn''t expecting this.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
We got our lot!!!
36.gif
36.gif
For almost 20K under asking!!
36.gif
36.gif

Tacori~Yep, she''s off the bottle. She started taking milk out of the sippy really well a few weeks back so I packed all the bottles up. My T doesn''t say two-word phrases really. It''s all just single words and not usually on cue!
20.gif
It took me forever to figure out she was saying "one, two, three" one day because all that really sounds right is the "two" but sure enough that''s what she''s saying. It''s so crazy.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 4:10:44 PM
Author: Blenheim
Thanks for the BFing advice, everyone. My mw just came by and said that my latch looks good and that it''s probably a tough-it-out type situation (and she had me try a shield, which also hurt), so basically what you girls just said. It''s just that everything I''ve read says that a good latch should be comfortable, so I wasn''t expecting this.

They lie.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 4:23:41 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 4/14/2009 4:10:44 PM
Author: Blenheim

They lie.
LOL. Well, not really. I never had any pain (it was sort of sore for a day or two while I got used to it) but totally painless by the time I left the hospital.

Of course, when THAT happens, you are part of the lucky 2% whose milk NEVER COMES IN!
39.gif

Burk, congrats on the lot!!!

Be back in a bit...thanks for all the support on my kiddo.
1.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
janine--
ha, we'll need to see that one-toothed pirate smile!
sorry to hear that C is having separation anxiety.
it is around this age that they go through it.
hope it gets easier on you and her fast.

diva--
great easter pics!
looks like James got quite a loot.
hehe, love his bib!

mrss--
that is interesting about your 3 pregnancies.
i always thought that the first one is usually overdue and the subsequent ones will be earlier.
it seems like your later ones are later huh?
so any easter pictures of Jake and his sisters?

jas12--
meant to say....3 parties? wow, you had a busy busy weekend!
so we should be seeing lots of pictures from you w/ 3 parties eh?

tacori--
geez...i'd like to give that teenage boy a whack on the back of his head
38.gif

anyway, love the gtg pictures. T is such a firecracker -- you can see her explosive personality in all the pictures.
hehe, even w/ that funky pony, she's as beautiful as ever. i had to clip J that pony on several occasions myself.
that's great about your mom coming back and staying w/ you guys for a while.
how fun is that.

ETA: nice bling shot and lovely hands
2.gif

You look great btw.

ETA: you know better than to put pictures in another thread and not this thread -- don't even think about it.

nf--
your boys are just sooo cute.
love love that close-up of Dexter.
he's such a thinker.
love his sneakers-- they are just the cutest.
and you look great too!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
burk YAY for getting your lot!!! it must be so exciting for you guys. T sounds so cute and just like B. he loves to be outside so this really sucks that i have to keep him locked up inside. it got so bad today that he literally sat in front of the door and started crying and screaming "outside." poor kid. B''s fav color is red. sometimes i let him pick out his clothes and he always says "red" and grabs the red shirt and socks. haha.

curly your girls are so pretty!!! looks like lucy is enjoying her bath in the big girl tub.

tacori haha, at least T doesn''t mind the leash. it''s pretty cute that she thinks it''s funny that she can''t get away. B was scratching at his body the entire night. every time i heard any kind of movement from his crib, he was scratching. i know it''s gotta be uncomfortable. i was considering tying him up. haha.

blen how is george doing? BFing is so tough. B was a pro from the get go. i never had bleeding nips before but they did get super sore and it was absolute hell. it''ll get better. even good latches hurt!!!

qt how is M doing? army crawling every where?

bobo i meant to say that i love your AV and little B is such a cutie!!! how is he doing? has he started running yet?

mrsS poor Jake!! hopefully it''ll just solve itself soon and he can have all the milk and yogurt he wants. are you still nursing then?

lili

Ideal_Rock
tgal--
that's great news w/ A's PT.
like others have said, she'll be walking in no time.
in the meantime, enjoy that tootsy shake in her crawl!
regarding the walking tip: that's what the daycare said too.
one thing that J likes to do is to grab hold on my legs from behind and walk with me.
well, it's more like shuffling instead of walking for us.
haha....you know your kid is no longer a baby when you are more concern about your bling than her clonked head
9.gif

puffy--
glad to hear that B is doing well.
yay for the go ahead on the bath -- he must missed it huh?
dimsum was fun-- i'll have to see if i got any decent pictures to share.
was a bad mom and didn't take many pictures and i didn't even have to be a good host since it's just family.

blen--
hang in there. it'll get better.

curly--
L&L are so pretty.
30.gif
30.gif
that bath picture of Lucy -- looks like she's really enjoying her bath.
and look how steady she is sitting in that slippery tub!
Lily is a character as always. i can just hear her sweet little voice talking like a teenager.

qt--
wow....18 oz w/ 3 pumps? i can get at most 4 oz w/ each pump.
speaking about pump...i wonder how mrsm is doing.

burk--
36.gif
36.gif
on the lot!
and it looks like we got another chatterbox here as well
2.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
my photo editor acted up and i only resized a couple from dimsum.
sorry in advance for hogging up the thread.

J running amok in between tables.
(oh, first time in a while since she''s in non-onesie
5.gif
)

ds_pace.JPG

lili

Ideal_Rock
notice the impatient look on her face because daddy was busy talking instead of feeding her the porridge.

ds_congee.JPG

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
liliawwwww, she is just a pretty little thing!!

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
hi everyone!!

real quick drive by. things have been crazy. coby has decided that there are way too many exciting things going on during the day to nurse, and that it''s much better to do it during the middle of the night when it''s quiet and dark. so needless to say, neither of us have been getting too much sleep! (this from my son who has been sleeping 10-11 hours/night since he was 10 weeks old!). oh well... and now we''re both sick on top of it all. AND he''s teething. it''s been really crazy.

quick question...
is $229 a good price for the britax marathon? that''s what they''re selling them for at costco.com right now... including shipping! i think i''m going to grab one...

hope you are all well!
LOVE all the pics!!

xo,LIA

lili

Ideal_Rock
LIA--
i just googled britax marathon and see that you can get one for 179.99 w/ free shipping.
maybe this one has an early expiration date?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results