shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommies Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

And the best of all: Laughing Baby!

I love this picture because you can see his dimples... I think he looks just like me, double chin and all

smileyhunter7weeks.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD: Hunter is absolutely a little doll. He is the cutest little mouth doesn''t he?? I love all of his pictures. I just want to reach through the computer, pick him up and rock him. He is so darn adorable.
30.gif

L2L, Parker is adorable. Yes at 3 months old, they love to look at their hands, next it will be their feet. ha ha. OH I wish my grandboys were this little again. "sigh"

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Lili - George''s bruising is gone and he amazingly escaped without jaundice.

DD - love the photo montage! Hunter just has the most adorable cheeks. I guess I should take a newborn Mr Bear photo myself before George gets much older.

My dad left early this morning after visiting for a couple of days, and now my in-laws are in town. We ambitiously decided to have a nice meal out yesterday (sushi!). Besides some fussing as we were trying to decide what to order (and an awkward first nursing in public experience that my MIL was great at trying to help me with, while my dad decided to start taking photos of me as if I wasn''t self conscious enough
40.gif
) George just slept through most of the meal and did great.

Happy Easter, everyone!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda You can rock him anytime you like... I will train him to grab your bling while you are distracted
2.gif

Date: 4/12/2009 6:19:50 PM
Author: Blenheim
... I guess I should take a newborn Mr Bear photo myself before George gets much older.

My dad left early this morning after visiting for a couple of days, and now my in-laws are in town. We ambitiously decided to have a nice meal out yesterday (sushi!). Besides some fussing as we were trying to decide what to order (and an awkward first nursing in public experience that my MIL was great at trying to help me with, while my dad decided to start taking photos of me as if I wasn''t self conscious enough
40.gif
) George just slept through most of the meal and did great.
Take that picture lady, I soooo wish I had! And LOLOL at your dad
20.gif

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer-

Hunter is just so photogenic. I just scrolled through all the pics till I found the last one you posted of him asleep with his feet crossed and his fist under his chin to show to DH.
30.gif
He is so cute, it makes me really happy and excited I''m having a boy. That last one of him laughing kills me! How old is he now?

Can''t wait to see Easter pics from all the other gorgeous PS kids. And checking every day for pics of Tessa''s double-date with Max and Dex!!!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
DD- What a cutie! Those dimples are just adorable! Every time I try to grab the camera to catch Parker while he''s laughing or smiling he gets too distracted by the camera and stops.
39.gif
One of these days I''ll trick him! Hehe!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
TGAL, good luck with the milk transition.

LILI, sorry to hear J is refusing the bottle. What do you do while you''re at work? When do you plan to wean J?

BOBO, I think I missed your house news. I''m glad everything worked out. Congrats!

QT, wow 4 pumpings a day? You''re doing a great job! That''s great that you can pump enough for M. When did AF return? Boo! LOL at M''s expression. Baby fat is so cute!

BURK, T is beautiful! I love her cheeks!

PUFFY, your posts aren''t selfish. Thank you for taking to time to update us. Hope B continues to heal. Hugs to you. It must be so difficult to keep him from doing all the things he shouldn''t be doing.

DIVA, I know what you mean. We couldn''t afford a house with just one income too.

L2L, Parker is adorable! I can''t believe he''s 3 months already! Regarding hair loss, it started at 3 months. When I was my hair it''d come out in handfuls and I was constantly shedding! At 6 months, I''m still loosing more hair than usual but not as much as 3 months. Although it''s scary at first, don''t worry, you won''t go bald. Sorry to hear AF has returned. Boo!

DREAMER, love the Mr. Bear pictures! What a cutie! Love his dimples!

BLEN, how brave of you to BF in public so early on. Sounds like you''re a BFing pro already!

Hope everyone had a great Easter!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer,

In L
30.gif
VE. Totally. Hunter is too, too cute. And the little bear ears! Awww!! If he looks just like you, you''re a gorgeous woman, Dreamer girl!!
9.gif

I just want to cuddle and squeeze him. For days and days!!

Enjoy every moment!

Loves2,

Parker is getting so big!! I love the stage when they start self-discovery and play with fingers and toes. Awww. Must be so much fun watching him as he learns and explores! Cute onsie with the sunglasses, by the way!
9.gif

Puffy,

Glad your baby''s doing better. Prayers continue for healing without scarring.
9.gif
And no more guilt, okay? Okay.

Burk,

Your little one is a doll in her pjs!!
9.gif

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
oh MAN all these baby pics are just too cute for words!
3.gif

Dreamer - Hunter''s dimples are to die for!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep ''em coming ladies! Seeing these get me SO excited to meet my LO.

I posted this Q in the Preggo thread, but think I''ll have better luck here:

"In terms of prep...What did some of the Mommies wear while in active labour? I''m hoping to have a natural labour and delivery, so something that affords me mobility and comfort. Anyone?"

TIA!
Happy Easter Monday!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mela - For the most part, I wore either sweats or one of these skirts plus a cami and sweatshirt. I was just naked when I was in the birth pool and while pushing.
I was given the skirt and wouldn''t have bought it for myself, but something along those lines would be convenient if whoever''s attending your birth does more frequent vaginal exams so that you don''t need to keep taking pants on and off. I can''t remember exactly where you''re giving birth or how early you''d be going there, but they''d probably have a hospital gown of some sort for you to wear once you get there and hospitals generally prefer them for their easy access, just in case.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Blen!
I''ll be labouring at home until 8 cm, then moving with Middie to the hospital which is literally, 3 mins drive. We''ve walked there before
2.gif

I have a couple ''skirt-like'' thingers that would probably be great, and I wouldn''t have thought of them. Thanks for the idea! I *knew* pants seemed like an awkward idea, with internal checks and (maybe) amniotic fluid leaking....so a skirt makes sense. D''OI!

Any other thoughts ladies?

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
L2L - Awww, Parker is such a little cutie and I love how serious his face looks in the first picture. James is the same way.

DREAMER - Yay for Hunter pics! He''s already growing up so fast.

BLEN - I''d be so mad if my dad had tried to take a picture of me nursing - especially in public
23.gif
I didn''t nurse, but if I had and wanted a pic I would have asked DH or my mom.

MELA - I wore a hospital gown since I was in the hospital. Easy access, didn''t matter if it got blood or fluid on it. Good luck with your labor and delivery!

So we started the formula to whole milk transition this weekend and James has done really well. We''re doing 50% formula and 50% milk. No spitting up, loose poop or upset tummy
1.gif
. Bonus: James actually seems to like the taste of the milk! We tried to give him "real" baked sweet potato for dinner one night and he gagged on it and then refused it. We mashed it up with some milk so I know it wasn''t too thick. He''s had it before so maybe he''s just changed his mind - he still likes the Gerber kind
33.gif
. I''m going to upload the Easter pics tonight after DH and I file our taxes and then post them.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
mela, shirt type thing would be good. Something that''s comfy, loose, and you don''t mind getting dirty. I labored at the hospital so I just wore a hospital gown. You''re planning to go natural right? Just wondering why does your MW want you to labor at home until 8cm? At that point you''re in transition phase and in a lot of pain! I wouldn''t want to take a car ride, even if it''s short. Just getting to the bathroom was a lot of work!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 11:40:23 AM
Author: snlee
mela, shirt type thing would be good. Something that''s comfy, loose, and you don''t mind getting dirty. I labored at the hospital so I just wore a hospital gown. You''re planning to go natural right? Just wondering why does your MW want you to labor at home until 8cm? At that point you''re in transition phase and in a lot of pain! I wouldn''t want to take a car ride, even if it''s short. Just getting to the bathroom was a lot of work!

snlee - That''s what I was thinking too?!!!!!! I mean, I may as well just stay for a home birth if I''ve laboured that long at home, right????? (DH and my Mom are dead against home-births - fear)

I still need to go over this with le middie. Her explanation to me was that the hospital I''m delivering at is pretty old and ghetto. There are only shared bathrooms etc., so I''ll be way more comfortable at home, where I can use my own bathtub etc if I want it. (New Maternity ward is being built but not ready yet)

That said, I agree. 8cm seems late. I''ll be hitting that question next appt for sure.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi gang--hope everyone had a super easter weekend. The 3 parties went well. I had almost everyone show for the party i threw so it was craziness with 6 babies/toddlers and about 40 friends crammed into my cottage. Charlie was in my bad books as he left a huge box of frozen finger foods in the bedroom of our cottage the night before the party
6.gif
38.gif
. He kindly made a few trips out there to drop off stuff...only he put things in the wrong place!! Would have been fine if it had been the dessert or something--but nope,meat was involved so i had to toss a tonne of food. I was panicking b/c this was the hot stuff i was to serve, and stores were closed so i couldn't even go out to get more, but we had enough in the end.

Co was a party animal and had a blast. He got big leggos and spent 2 hours at the party building towers, toppling them, and then re-building. Allowed me time to socialize! He was completely and utterly spent the next day and had 5 hours worth of naps
6.gif

I was a bad mom and was so busy i only took a couple of pictures! Luckily my sister did and she'll email them to me--so i'll post a few

DD--oh goodness, Hunter has the cutest dimples i've ever seen!

Burk--T has the cutest cheeks i've ever seen!

Puffy--glad u are at home and B is recovering!

lili--i did teach Co to show how old he is-hehe. We spent the weekend saying "how old are you ?" and he would put his finger up and extend his arm to show "one" it was a big hit...and i have to give u credit for that
3.gif

Blen--i LUV your avi!

Mela--i wore a loose sports bra and the robe at the hospital. I went in early b/c of my broken water. My plan was to stay at home till 8 cms, but couldn't. I probably would have just wore loose shorts and a tank or my summer bathrobe if i had been at home. If your water breaks early you will have to wear pants or at least undies b/c you'll need to keep a pad in place. Also, it is common to bleed a little .
I would just wear what you are most comfy in--u are really not checked that often so pulling off a pair of shorts is not a big deal.
Finally, i was hooked up to so many things at the hospital that when i was pushing i realized i sill had my sports bra on and wanted the baby on my breast immediately. I got the nurse to cut it off as i was pushing (easiest way off ) so next baby i'll either push topless or wear a bra that clips
5.gif

ETA--i was wondering about 8 cms thing too--in theory it sounds great. but i was in so much agony at 8 cms i could barely breathe. I know everyone is different but even being as prepared as i was for a natural birth i think i would have been at the hospital way earlier, *thinking* i was further along than i really was. But I am assuming your middie will be at home with you before the transfer right? If so, that's different b/c you'll have the knowledge and support available...

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 11:56:09 AM
Author: Jas12
ETA--i was wondering about 8 cms thing too--in theory it sounds great. but i was in so much agony at 8 cms i could barely breathe. I know everyone is different but even being as prepared as i was for a natural birth i think i would have been at the hospital way earlier, *thinking* i was further along than i really was. But I am assuming your middie will be at home with you before the transfer right? If so, that''s different b/c you''ll have the knowledge and support available...

Thanks for your weigh in Jas. Middie will be at home with me, labouring away. That said, I''m still questioning her 8 cm''s. If I''m in transition, won''t it be difficult to get in and out of the car, and then into the hospital (with a zillion sets of eyes on me?!) eww. I''m going to have to talk this out with Mid''der.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Mela--so many possibilities--i ''ve heard of women who labored all day with barely a cramp, get to the hospital, find out they are 10 and push-or u could be like me and think real contractions have started and still be just 1 measly cm. I would not have been able to walk into the hospital during transition--however i was partially induced and had just seconds worth of break in b/w my contractions and no pain meds to help cope (apparently quite different from strictly natural contractions). Point is, there is just so much variability. I am sure your middie will just play it by ear on the big day and judge based on your tolerance/needs--i wouldn''t worry about the planning too much, just get some comfy clothing options ready for the different possibilities. My hosital''s mat ward sounds like yours-it is SO old and ghetto (new hospital being built here too) --i would have way rather been at home so your middie is probably right about increased the comfort level. I am excited for you! It''s a crazy day, but it is amazing! Good luck!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
awwww. thanks Jas. I''m really really looking forward to it! The whole magical experience AND meeting our lickle one. I''m really thankful I went with my middie. I feel well supported and not-alone. 5 more weeks!
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
mela, nursing gowns are comfy, practical and a bit more cozy. Personally I thought the hospital gown was easiest.

QT, so cute!

Burk, love that pic but the avi pic is my fav so far!

Puffy, hope B is getting better by the day!

Blen, great that George is eating lots! Makes life a bit easier!

L2L, Parker is cute (and looks really laid back!) Love that onesie too!

DD, awesome pics of Hunter. I especially dig the smiling one...so adorable!!

Jas, I''ve said it before, but you have such a smartie on your hands! Can''t wait to see the one year pics.

lili, did you get pics of J this weekend at Sea Empress? We were there on Sunday with friends.

Speaking of pics, I got my computer back late last week so will install the software this week to fix pic sizes and upload Amelia''s one year birthday plus some others.

I have her PT/OT appointment today and will report back later. Feedings are getting more challenging as she just as decided she''s not interested in eating much at all.
20.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~Thanks! You owe us some pictures, lady!!
3.gif

L2L~i didn''t have hair loss. Sorry I''m not any help.. I had the baby bangs, though. Yuck!

DD~Hunter is so cute!! Love the Mr. Bear pics. And, there''s nothing better than laughing baby!

Blen~Glad your MIL was helpful with your first public nursing experience...your dad, though.
23.gif

snlee~Thanks!

Fisher~Thank you!

Diva~Glad James is transitioning well to milk!

mela~I also wore the hospital gown. Go for comfort! Can''t wait to see you around these parts permanently!
2.gif
9.gif

Jas12~Co sounds like a party champ! Can''t wait to see the pics!!

Tgal~I don''t know if I''ll ever be able to beat the avi pic. T has days where she hardly eats too. It''s frustrating, but my pedi says it''s perfectly normal. Hope A''s appointment goes well. Can''t wait to hear about it.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Didn''t have time in my last post to share my Tayva story. All week the poor thing has been congested and having asthma issues, as well as getting her bottom two molars (both finally through..hurray). With all this she hasn''t been sleeping great. Naps were 35 minutes most days and she was waking and crying 2-3 times a night (luckily she would go back to sleep within a few minutes most times). Anyway, all this to say yesterday at the IL''s I set up the pack ''n play and put her down around 12:20. I WOKE her up at......5pm!!!
23.gif
Think she was tired?? My SIL went up to check and make sure she was breathing for me one time (I had her newborn on my lap) because I don''t think she''s ever napped that long and I started to get worried. Hehe.

lili

Ideal_Rock
L2L--
Not to scare you, bu hy hair has been falling out even while preggo.
It got really bad at 6 months PP and is still falling as I type.
But then again, I may be one of those who''ll end up with her scalp showing.
The good news is that I see those baby fuzz (or whatever people call it) coming out, so my hair is slowly building volume.

DD--
Awwweee...
30.gif
30.gif
the photo montage, esp. the laughing one.
He''s got the cutest little mouth and laugh.
And he''s quite alert for a 7 wk baby.

Blen--
That''s great about G haivng no jaundice.
And yay for the first outing!
Too funny about your dad taking picture of your first public BFing session
5.gif
You''d be thankful that he took it since there is something just so sweet looking about a baby BFing
5.gif

Snlee--
J''s drinking some milk out of the cup again...but not as much as she used to before we tricked her w/ the whole milk.
She drinks mostly water during the day and get her milk when she''s home w/ me.
I still pump when I''m at work.
I was planning on weaning at 1 yr (after we know she''s okay w/ the whole milk).
But since she''s giving whole milk a try, the weaning may start next week since her granddad is staying w/ us for a visit for this week.
Don''t want him to see a crying and grumpy baby
5.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Diva, for some reason little B only like to slap me in particular...I tried many ways to stop him but he seems to like to challenge me on this. Glad to hear James is doing well with the transition.

L2L, Parker is just so adorable!. for us 3 months is when little B started getting really fun, he''ll laugh and react to us. As for hair loss, I started noticing hair loss when little B is 6 months and he is 14 months now and I''m still loosing hair. I feel like I will have a bald spot pretty soon.

lili, can''t wait to see J''s birthday pic.

DD, love the collage, he is so cute! especially the laughing one, look at the dimples!

Thanks snlee!

mela, the hospital gown worked fine for me.

Blen, so funny your dad tried to take a picture of you nursing.

Jas, sounds like Co had a blast at the party. Can''t wait to see the pictures.

TGal, is Amelia allow to watch t.v.? We usually put Curious George or Sesame Street on when we are feeding little B, it makes feeding less challenging. Can''t wait to see the pictures.

Burk, sounds like Tayva is making up her loss sleep. hope her asthma issue is not serious.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bobo, no, we don''t as a rule allow Amelia to watch TV. The only time I really turn it on is when I need to cut finger/toetails.

lili

Ideal_Rock
DD--
Forgot to say those dimples are TDF!!
30.gif
30.gif

Sooo cute!

Diva--
That's great about the whole milk transition!
I'd say whole milk is better tasting than formula!
Sometimes I wonder if formula fed baby has an easier time transitioning over to whole milk than BF baby.
Babies are fickle sometimes...one minute they'll like something and the next, they don't.
40.gif

Can't wait to see those Easter pics!

Mela--
First off, gotta say that you are gorgeous! (saw your corporate pix over in the preggo thread
5.gif
)
Blen and others had some good advices about what to wear while laboring at home.
I second talking to your middie about waiting that long to head to the hospital.
At 8cm, you would be in some pain and be taking a car ride and changing in and out of clothes.
Anyhoo, how exciting....you are pretty close!

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Yikes!
32.gif
I didn''t realize that the hair loss could continue for so long! I think I''ll go in and get some chopped off so hopefully as I''m brushing it won''t pull so much. Thanks for your input ladies!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Jas12--
Awwwe...thanks, I''ll take it
2.gif

I knew that smartie monkey of yours would be able to impress!
Hope you got a picture of him doing it!
Can''t wait to see Co''s bday picture.
Hehe, another bad mom here too....didn''t take that many pictures myself.
Hopefully, my sister and BILs got some good ones.

TGal--
Awweee....missed us by one day.
We were there on Saturday at noon.
Will try to get some pictures (if I can find some decent ones) up later.
Can''t wait to see Amelia''s!
Good luck w/ the appt.
Oh, don''t worry about the feeding.
The caretakers at J''s daycare say that it''s perfectly normal that kids go through the phases of fasting.

Burk--
Haha, I''ll get on it.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk--
That''s great that T got to recup some of her sleep.
Hehe, J had one of her longest naps ever this past weekend too.
Was down for 3.5 hrs! Her daddy thought that she''s was sick or something.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 12:37:47 PM
Author: Jas12
Mela--so many possibilities--i ''ve heard of women who labored all day with barely a cramp, get to the hospital, find out they are 10 and push-or u could be like me and think real contractions have started and still be just 1 measly cm. I would not have been able to walk into the hospital during transition--however i was partially induced and had just seconds worth of break in b/w my contractions and no pain meds to help cope (apparently quite different from strictly natural contractions). Point is, there is just so much variability. I am sure your middie will just play it by ear on the big day and judge based on your tolerance/needs--i wouldn''t worry about the planning too much, just get some comfy clothing options ready for the different possibilities. My hosital''s mat ward sounds like yours-it is SO old and ghetto (new hospital being built here too) --i would have way rather been at home so your middie is probably right about increased the comfort level. I am excited for you! It''s a crazy day, but it is amazing! Good luck!

After reading all of your birth stories, I am so thankful that mine was so fast and easy.
I just hope the second one will be the same.
Speaking of which, questions for mommies who''ve gone through it more than once.
How much faster and easier is your second labor?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
well the quickie version of my labor story is I ignored alot of my symptoms (since I was told days earlier I had made ZERO progress and would have a long way to go), and went into labor fast on my due date! I had NO bag packed so no cute or comfy clothes to tell you about (lesson learned: do not procastinate on watching labor videos and/or packing bags). I put on whateaver ugly gown they gave me (barely got that thing on since I was doubled over). I was 5cm by the time I got to the hospital and couldn''t get the epi fast enough. So the belief that #1 comes slowly is not necessarily true :). As you can see I did not go natural, but am in awe of those who do--and I''m sure you''ll do great Mela!!
36.gif

Love all the baby pics!! Adorable! C had a nice easter and got her first easter basket. She ripped all the paper inside the basket and I ate the chocolate! She''s getting a bit fussy and at nights is starting to want me to hold her to sleep, not good I know! She falls asleep in my arms with a half smile looking as happy as can be, but when I put her down, she wakes up 20mins later screaming like mad. Sigh,..time to return to the sleep books. Unless it''s just a teething thing..when she cries she looks like a litte pirate with one tooth!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results