shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
This was one of my inspiration photos and this bracelet is around 15,000 or so... sooooooo once again, I remember why I love moissanite so much now, lol.

nemi

Rough_Rock
This is my first posting here and wanted to let you all know my experience with Flora from Provence. I received a ring that I had ordered to them on 6/5/19. It was an anniversary gift and my husband gave it to me on 7/13. On 7/16 the 3 ct cushion cut became loose and started to rattle. I contacted her immediately and she asked me to send her a video of the ring which I did. She said she needed to talk to the manager. The next day they asked me to take the ring to a local jeweler to see if they could tighten and adjust the prongs. I took the ring to TWO local jewelers to look at. BOTH stated the prongs were way to thing and short for the stone and that the stone should have been set lower in the halo. One jeweler told me he would not attempt to fix the ring as he felt it needed to be re-made. The second jeweler gave me an estimate of $349 to remove some stones from the halo and create a double prong in each corner.

I sent the estimate to Flora which she said that was too high and to please send her the ring that they would do a double prong or remake the ring at the jewelers suggestion. After getting quotes from different companies we decided to send it via USPS and I shipped it out on 7/24. The ring was delayed in customs and they finally received the ring on 8/7. I re-iterated to Flora to please keep me informed on the ring and what would be their approach on getting this issue resolved. I gave them some days as I knew they probably had production deadlines with other clients. On 8/12 I send her a message asking for an update and she tells me that she is not in the office that she will back with me. A couple minutes later she sends me a message that the ring has been fixed! I was so confused as she was sending me clip art of prongs. I told her that was not the agreement, it became a back and forth and her not budging she just kept repeating that they had made the prongs stronger. That they would do better quality control and that the jewelers here in the US had their way of fixing rings and they had theirs! I was beyond frustrate that I paid $850 for a ring that was on my hand for barely 3 days and I was out another $50 for shipping the ring to them to please send me the ring as I felt they were holding the ring hostage. The ring was sent out that same day and it arrived on 8/17 I was out of town on a business trip and finally was able to open the package on 8/26 the ring did not look like it had thicker prongs and looked like it was just adjusted. I had been very careful with the ring making sure not to have I own when doing anything that involved my hands (cleaning, dishes etc.)

9/8 while shopping for cloths I was trying on a shirt when I suddenly heard the dreaded rattling of the stone! I was so upset and just started to cry! I reached out to her once again and she said she would speak to the manager. I had to txt her to get an update and she just stated that the ring was now out of guarantee and that I would need to pay to send it back to them for them to fix it! They would not remake the ring!

I spoke to her and made a timeline explaining that when the first issue arised with the ring it was still under guarantee! I sent her proof of the video when my husband gave me the ring at a family event. The refuse to do anything to remedy the situation! They are saying they will fix it but NOT remake the ring. I have reached out to Alibaba.com and filed a formal complaint with and export of the WhatsApp conversation and have submitted all pictures and videos.

PLEASE BEWARE OF FLORA AND OF PROVENCE GEMS! THEY ARE NOT HONARABLE AND WILL NOT HONOR THEIR GUARANTEE! They have also removed the ring link with pictures from the Alibaba website!

I really hope that Alibaba will do justice if I will need to go to my credit card companies as I made the down payment with one and then used another credit card to pay for the final balance.

Any recommendations on what else I can do would be greatly appreciated! My 20th anniversary ring is now a sore subject.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
This is my first posting here and wanted to let you all know my experience with Flora from Provence. I received a ring that I had ordered to them on 6/5/19. It was an anniversary gift and my husband gave it to me on 7/13. On 7/16 the 3 ct cushion cut became loose and started to rattle. I contacted her immediately and she asked me to send her a video of the ring which I did. She said she needed to talk to the manager. The next day they asked me to take the ring to a local jeweler to see if they could tighten and adjust the prongs. I took the ring to TWO local jewelers to look at. BOTH stated the prongs were way to thing and short for the stone and that the stone should have been set lower in the halo. One jeweler told me he would not attempt to fix the ring as he felt it needed to be re-made. The second jeweler gave me an estimate of $349 to remove some stones from the halo and create a double prong in each corner.

I sent the estimate to Flora which she said that was too high and to please send her the ring that they would do a double prong or remake the ring at the jewelers suggestion. After getting quotes from different companies we decided to send it via USPS and I shipped it out on 7/24. The ring was delayed in customs and they finally received the ring on 8/7. I re-iterated to Flora to please keep me informed on the ring and what would be their approach on getting this issue resolved. I gave them some days as I knew they probably had production deadlines with other clients. On 8/12 I send her a message asking for an update and she tells me that she is not in the office that she will back with me. A couple minutes later she sends me a message that the ring has been fixed! I was so confused as she was sending me clip art of prongs. I told her that was not the agreement, it became a back and forth and her not budging she just kept repeating that they had made the prongs stronger. That they would do better quality control and that the jewelers here in the US had their way of fixing rings and they had theirs! I was beyond frustrate that I paid $850 for a ring that was on my hand for barely 3 days and I was out another $50 for shipping the ring to them to please send me the ring as I felt they were holding the ring hostage. The ring was sent out that same day and it arrived on 8/17 I was out of town on a business trip and finally was able to open the package on 8/26 the ring did not look like it had thicker prongs and looked like it was just adjusted. I had been very careful with the ring making sure not to have I own when doing anything that involved my hands (cleaning, dishes etc.)

9/8 while shopping for cloths I was trying on a shirt when I suddenly heard the dreaded rattling of the stone! I was so upset and just started to cry! I reached out to her once again and she said she would speak to the manager. I had to txt her to get an update and she just stated that the ring was now out of guarantee and that I would need to pay to send it back to them for them to fix it! They would not remake the ring!

I spoke to her and made a timeline explaining that when the first issue arised with the ring it was still under guarantee! I sent her proof of the video when my husband gave me the ring at a family event. The refuse to do anything to remedy the situation! They are saying they will fix it but NOT remake the ring. I have reached out to Alibaba.com and filed a formal complaint with and export of the WhatsApp conversation and have submitted all pictures and videos.

PLEASE BEWARE OF FLORA AND OF PROVENCE GEMS! THEY ARE NOT HONARABLE AND WILL NOT HONOR THEIR GUARANTEE! They have also removed the ring link with pictures from the Alibaba website!

I really hope that Alibaba will do justice if I will need to go to my credit card companies as I made the down payment with one and then used another credit card to pay for the final balance.

Any recommendations on what else I can do would be greatly appreciated! My 20th anniversary ring is now a sore subject.

I am so sorry you had this experience! Thank you for posting though, as I’m sure it will be helpful to others.

Did you pay via PayPal by chance? That’s typically recommended so you have a first line of recourse before the credit card company, since some folks I’m sure pay with a debit card or out of a checking account. I hope it’s resolved quickly and you get a full refund!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry you had this experience! Thank you for posting though, as I’m sure it will be helpful to others.

Did you pay via PayPal by chance? That’s typically recommended so you have a first line of recourse before the credit card company, since some folks I’m sure pay with a debit card or out of a checking account. I hope it’s resolved quickly and you get a full refund!
Exactly. Using paypal is the easiest way to make sure that if stuff like this happens you will get a refund.

nemi

Rough_Rock
Exactly. Using paypal is the easiest way to make sure that if stuff like this happens you will get a refund.
I used a credit card via the Alibaba.com app

nemi

Rough_Rock

I paid via Alibaba.com with my credit card for the deposit and the other 1/2 with my debit card.

I am hoping I have a recourse on this issue via Alibaba as they are now involved. Next step would be with the Credit Card.

It is just so sad that I gave them so many chances to rectify giving them the chance to do right from this poorly made ring.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I paid via Alibaba.com with my credit card for the deposit and the other 1/2 with my debit card.

I am hoping I have a recourse on this issue via Alibaba as they are now involved. Next step would be with the Credit Card.

It is just so sad that I gave them so many chances to rectify giving them the chance to do right from this poorly made ring.

If the alibaba dispute doesn’t swing your way, you have the credit card company for the deposit. What about the balance paid with your debit card? Will your bank help with that portion? Geez, again, I’m so sorry!

nemi

Rough_Rock
If the alibaba dispute doesn’t swing your way, you have the credit card company for the deposit. What about the balance paid with your debit card? Will your bank help with that portion? Geez, again, I’m so sorry!
Going to call the bank to see what they say.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Going to call the bank to see what they say.

Oh gosh, what a mess! I am so sorry you are going through this. Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated on how this unfolds. Again, so sorry!

nemi

Rough_Rock
I just called Capital One and have formely made a dispute for the deposit. Now I am off to call the bank to see what they say. Alibaba has 2 days to reply to my complaint. In the event that they step in an refund I can cancel my CC dispute

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Keep us updated! Good luck!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Hi... any updates on your situation? I hope it’s working out!!!
I just called Capital One and have formely made a dispute for the deposit. Now I am off to call the bank to see what they say. Alibaba has 2 days to reply to my complaint. In the event that they step in an refund I can cancel my CC dispute
Keep us updated! Good luck!

kmarie0510

Rough_Rock
Has anyone gotten an Antique cushion cut / OMC from Provence?

I've been asking various vendors for a price of a 6.5mm square antique european cushion cut, OMC or whatever the cushion shape is with chunky facets. I see people mention a lot that Starsgem does this cut well but Provence has that big banner about a sale on stones, and they were also the first to get back to me. (I'm aware there's a holiday this week in china) They quoted me like 120 for a 6.5mm cushion antique european, or 360 set into a simple 14k solitaire setting.

I asked for video of this cut, but the person I spoke to said they don't have any videos of it since they have not done many so far. They sent a pretty video of the round OEC and I love how it looks but..... I just kinda wish I could see the cushion one before I buy. I have rarely seen any stones on any of these forums that I'd dislike so I don't think I'm gonna be super picky, but no video seems like a real leap.

I tried to search through this forum and reddit but can't quite tell, does anyone have a stone from Provence in this cut?

I'm just over thinking it and seeking help :halo:

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone gotten an Antique cushion cut / OMC from Provence?

I've been asking various vendors for a price of a 6.5mm square antique european cushion cut, OMC or whatever the cushion shape is with chunky facets. I see people mention a lot that Starsgem does this cut well but Provence has that big banner about a sale on stones, and they were also the first to get back to me. (I'm aware there's a holiday this week in china) They quoted me like 120 for a 6.5mm cushion antique european, or 360 set into a simple 14k solitaire setting.

I asked for video of this cut, but the person I spoke to said they don't have any videos of it since they have not done many so far. They sent a pretty video of the round OEC and I love how it looks but..... I just kinda wish I could see the cushion one before I buy. I have rarely seen any stones on any of these forums that I'd dislike so I don't think I'm gonna be super picky, but no video seems like a real leap.

I tried to search through this forum and reddit but can't quite tell, does anyone have a stone from Provence in this cut?

I'm just over thinking it and seeking help :halo:

I would go with Starsgem or Tianyu, honestly. Provence is too inconsistent with any of their cuts.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with Starsgem or Tianyu, honestly. Provence is too inconsistent with any of their cuts.

+1

Also, they might be getting confused when you say anything about “European” because that’s typically a round OEC/Old European Cut. That may be why you got a video of a round. Try terms like antique cushion, ACC/Antique Cushion Cut, or OMC/Old Mine Cut.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
+1
I would definitely go with one of the other two. I am in the middle of a nightmare with them over there right now and Flora ( sales rep I worked with over at Provence who has always been nice and helpful is now completely ignoring me). I created a new post about my problems. If any of you ladies that know so much about this stuff could take a look and share your thoughts on how I should proceed I would greatly appreciate it.
Hope this helps! And good luck and have fun:)

kmarie0510

Rough_Rock
Sigh. Thanks y'all. That's what I expected. Some part of me is deeply curious to give a different vendor from the standard recs a shot .... but it's still $100+ and with no example photos from them at all, I think that's a bit more experimental than I feel like being.

Also they were just very pushy about making the sale, which irked me. I guess I will keep asking other vendors post-holiday.

+1

Also, they might be getting confused when you say anything about “European” because that’s typically a round OEC/Old European Cut. That may be why you got a video of a round. Try terms like antique cushion, ACC/Antique Cushion Cut, or OMC/Old Mine Cut.

Nah, I definitely didn't feel like they misunderstood me. Just for anyone else who contacts them, this is how the conversation went--

I initially reached out to ask for a price check on both round OEC and cushion shaped OMC or Old Mine Cut. They said they had both "OEC (Round Old Europe Cut) and OMC (Cushion Old Europe Cut)". I felt this terminology did reflect what I'd asked for. The rep priced both "Round old europe cut" and "cushion old europe cut" in several sizes. He noted I seemed more excited for the "cushion old europe" shape than the round shape, and I agreed, so from then on we just discussed cushion.

Also - as a side note, the only time I said the word "cushion" alone, the rep made sure to clarify, did I mean cushion, or did I still mean Cushion Old Europe /OMC cut? So I thought they were being careful.

I dunno if that's the terminology they use for everyone, but they were quite consistent with me.

I asked for a video of the Cushion Old Europe cut that we'd been discussing, and they apologized & said, they had only done a few so far and had not taken a video of any yet. The rep said "Here is the round instead from a cell phone video", and commented on some aspects of it. I think they knew very well what I meant, they were just trying hard to make the sale.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1
I would definitely go with one of the other two. I am in the middle of a nightmare with them over there right now and Flora ( sales rep I worked with over at Provence who has always been nice and helpful is now completely ignoring me). I created a new post about my problems. If any of you ladies that know so much about this stuff could take a look and share your thoughts on how I should proceed I would greatly appreciate it.
Hope this helps! And good luck and have fun:)
Credit card and/or PayPal chargeback.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results