shape
carat
color
clarity

Provence Gems on Alibaba

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Frustrating experience with Provence gems. Asked for 7mm OEC earring and pendant, showing flora pictures and videos of all the pretty OeCs other girls have gotten from them. I specifically asked to see the stones before setting so we wont have any problems with the stone, and they agreed to show first....but set it without showing nonetheless.

First they set greenish stones and tried to pass it off as okay

https://imgur.com/gallery/XbK38mP

I said no and they replaced the stones with pizza pie cut

https://imgur.com/gallery/99e6ZaH

i said no again because i specifically asked for dainty flower petals and was very specific. This is what they gave me in the end

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZFBBvB3

Flower petals but the proportions are so off...the cut is not the traditional OEC, the table is too big. Flora said no more revisions and I have to take this. It arrived it looks so plastic and fake, looks worse than cubic zirconia. The savings I got as opposed to going with starsgem, all the frustration and bad quality end product, just isn’t worth it. Lesson painfully learnt: the quality of the Provence gem cuts, particularly their OeC, just isnt consistent and at par with other suppliers yet.
They set my stone twice without showing me. After I received my ring I was not happy with my stone. My replacement is gorgeous! I have an OEC from Starsgem but it's not nearly as pretty.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Frustrating experience with Provence gems. Asked for 7mm OEC earring and pendant, showing flora pictures and videos of all the pretty OeCs other girls have gotten from them. I specifically asked to see the stones before setting so we wont have any problems with the stone, and they agreed to show first....but set it without showing nonetheless.

i said no again because i specifically asked for dainty flower petals and was very specific. This is what they gave me in the end

Flower petals but the proportions are so off...the cut is not the traditional OEC, the table is too big. Flora said no more revisions and I have to take this. It arrived it looks so plastic and fake, looks worse than cubic zirconia. The savings I got as opposed to going with starsgem, all the frustration and bad quality end product, just isn’t worth it. Lesson painfully learnt: the quality of the Provence gem cuts, particularly their OeC, just isnt consistent and at par with other suppliers yet.
So sorry to hear about your experience. So frustrating. I never seem to have a good eye to see what others see but this time I see everything you mentioned in the above esp the green tint!

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
They set my stone twice without showing me. After I received my ring I was not happy with my stone. My replacement is gorgeous! I have an OEC from Starsgem but it's not nearly as pretty.

I specifically showed Flora your replacement stone and she said yes we will cut like that but apparently their cuts still aren’t consistent.

Talking to starsgem right now for replacement stones. Oh no. I dont want to have another bad experience! Can you kindly post a picture of your Starsgem OEC beside your Provence OEC?

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
My starsgem cut is not bad. I asked for DEF, I should've asked for GH. It's hard to tell in the picture but my Provence stone reflects the light and it just looks prettier in person.
Starsgem stone on top and Provence on bottom. I can try to take a video for you tomorrow
Screenshot_20190814-220956.png

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

I have to agree with everything you said. The 1st is green, the 2nd is the pizza pie and the 3rd...well those petals are huge! Not the usual flowery shape you get from the other two. I like Tianyu’s OEC the best but I would certainly take the SG over any of these. I would resell on ebay, LT or DB if you are not happy. Not sure what you paid but somewhere between $100-$150, depending on size sounds reasonable.

ETA: I just happened to download my Tianyu videos for someone else today with some still pic’s. You might want to try Ella at Tianyu. I still think their’s is the best and looks like JRZZZ’s 2nd one from Provence.

https://imgur.com/a/gerLEDC

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
My starsgem cut is not bad. I asked for DEF, I should've asked for GH. It's hard to tell in the picture but my Provence stone reflects the light and it just looks prettier in person.
Starsgem stone on top and Provence on bottom. I can try to take a video for you tomorrow

The facets are clearer in the provence one...oh why oh why they couldn't cut me a stone like this?!?!? also is the cut of the provence sharper? The starsgem seems blurry, or is that just the picture?

I just got a quote from starsgem...the price of the OEC earrings are exactly the same as the price i paid for the Provence ones! Im still thinking whether or not to get new earrings from Stargem instead of loose stones then having to find a jeweler to set them. Might come out cheaper to make new ones

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with everything you said. The 1st is green, the 2nd is the pizza pie and the 3rd...well those petals are huge! Not the usual flowery shape you get from the other two. I like Tianyu’s OEC the best but I would certainly take the SG over any of these. I would resell on ebay, LT or DB if you are not happy. Not sure what you paid but somewhere between $100-$150, depending on size sounds reasonable.

ETA: I just happened to download my Tianyu videos for someone else today with some still pic’s. You might want to try Ella at Tianyu. I still think their’s is the best and looks like JRZZZ’s 2nd one from Provence.

https://imgur.com/a/gerLEDC

Oh my. I shall have to get a quote from tianyu. I hope their prices aren’t too far exorbitant...as i’m cutting my losses from my Provence purchase. Thank you for the tip!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my. I shall have to get a quote from tianyu. I hope their prices aren’t too far exorbitant...as i’m cutting my losses from my Provence purchase. Thank you for the tip!
If you can live with them, I would just wear them. The last ones are not terrible, they are just not as good as the other ones shown. If you can’t live with them, I would just list them for sale for what you paid and see what happens for a week or two. I think they sell better when not worn in the beginning. Then maybe you can decide what to do. Facebook marketplace might also be another option depending on where you live.

I have 1/2 ACC’s but they are small enough when in my ear’s that they just look like round’s. I am not sure what size you have but from a distance, they are just going to look like diamond studs to most people.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
The facets are clearer in the provence one...oh why oh why they couldn't cut me a stone like this?!?!? also is the cut of the provence sharper? The starsgem seems blurry, or is that just the picture?

I just got a quote from starsgem...the price of the OEC earrings are exactly the same as the price i paid for the Provence ones! Im still thinking whether or not to get new earrings from Stargem instead of loose stones then having to find a jeweler to set them. Might come out cheaper to make new ones

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your problems with your OEC earrings! I just sent back a pair of OEC’s myself, they just looked awful. The cut was not good and I also showed Flora a bunch of pics of OEC’s I like, eventually I just sent them back and am going to ask for H&R stones to be put in I think. I very concerned though because I have already paid to have a band made and a bracelet. The bracelet I want is a milgrain bezel set tennis bracelet in yellow gold, I pray it looks ok! I still haven’t seen the video yet. Also, I needed a band to go with my OEC ring that I got from MoCo ( they have always been good to me and my ring is so lovely I think) and I am worried about how that one will look. At first I wanted another milgrain bezel set band to go with my bracelet but apparently Flora said they could only do it with 1.5 mm stones which is tiny so I passed but now i am just worried. Ugh. Ok, thanks for listening, lol.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock

I love the band you have in this one! May I ask who made it for you? I am looking for one similar!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Starsgem made my band

Oh great, thanks for sharing. It’s so lovely. May I ask what the price was and if it’s not too much trouble, how many mm’s wide is it? And any other info you have, I just love it! I love your whole set, along with the other band as well.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
Oh great, thanks for sharing. It’s so lovely. May I ask what the price was and if it’s not too much trouble, how many mm’s wide is it? And any other info you have, I just love it! I love your whole set, along with the other band as well.
Screenshot_20190828-205726~2.png this is the first CAD. I had the bottom 1.7 mm measurement bumped up to 2.0 mm. I asked for fine milgrain and it's very comfortable. I think they did a great job:) I can't remember the price. I'll post it if I find that info.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
It was $285. I also had it changed to 18 k gold:)

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
C6C1D212-1AF5-4147-A493-753CD29C4DA6.jpeg
It was $285. I also had it changed to 18 k gold:)

You are a super star! Thank you so very much for all of the info! I just LOVE IT! I wanted something similar and Flora said they couldn’t do it so went with the band I am about to show you, I wanted to see if it could be done with milgrain as well but she said no. I wanted a little milgrain to sort tie it in with my bracelet but she got very upset when I changed my mind again. The band cost was $329.00 and this is what she showed me tonight. Any thoughts? I have a hard time telling how it will look with their lighting, maybe it’s just my eyes.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
For some reason I can’t seem to add the video she just sent me! Aarghhhhhh!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
2DB74E0B-4EA7-4473-AEF2-FB15E5AB2057.jpeg Oh and here is the CAD for my tennis bracelet which I pray turns out well.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock

http://imgur.com/gallery/gpb06W3

Here is video of the two rings

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I had to delete imgur. People are just rude and mean spirited on that site. I was amazed at the nasty comments. I want no part of that!

If you set it to “hidden” on the drop down menu when you create the post, no one can view it without the link. I agree that they are SO RUDE, but it’s the easiest upload option I’ve found so I continue to use it. I just make sure to hide all my posts. It’s seriously astounding though how terrible people can be, especially to strangers.

jrzgrl1119

Shiny_Rock
If you set it to “hidden” on the drop down menu when you create the post, no one can view it without the link. I agree that they are SO RUDE, but it’s the easiest upload option I’ve found so I continue to use it. I just make sure to hide all my posts. It’s seriously astounding though how terrible people can be, especially to strangers.

Yes, in the future I will put everything as hidden. Didn't realize people were so hateful on that site. Lesson learned... Oh well, glad I'm not one of those sad people:)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, in the future I will put everything as hidden. Didn't realize people were so hateful on that site. Lesson learned... Oh well, glad I'm not one of those sad people:)

Exactly! Silver lining :mrgreen2:

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock

I didn't know you can set it to hidden. Thanks for the tip!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
8A19D196-6B3E-4A43-AA78-27E469E8E4CC.jpeg
So here is the photo and the two videos Flora sent me of my band. I am not sure yet what I think, maybe underwhelmed? Please let me know your thoughts if you can. Thanks!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm, when I try to upload the video it says it doesn’t have an extension? Anyone experience this? I am so incredibly technically stunted it’s not even funny!

Megra_amazona

Rough_Rock
I had to delete imgur. People are just rude and mean spirited on that site. I was amazed at the nasty comments. I want no part of that!

Both are pretty but admittedly the Provence one had more depth and really draws you in...sigh, you are lucky.

Thank you for the tip on Imgur! When I post my moissanite videos, people there were terrible ogres just waiting to pounce and spew their negativity!!!

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
58ADC359-DE19-44D6-AB4E-32C4E3A82E71.jpeg
Just saw this on their Instagram page, if anybody is interested?

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ra2nl! I sent back my OEC earrings and am waiting to see my bracelet. I don’t know why I didn’t wait until I had one project completed that I was happy with before I started the other two. Flora gave me a discount to bundle them so I did and now I am just anxious about all of them, lol. :shock:
I am thinking about having the OEC’s made into hearts and arrows and just leave it at that as far as earrings go. The band I am unsure of still, nothing beats looking at it in person. I love all of the pieces they have done for everyone on here so that keeps me hopeful it will all be ok!

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
65810620-3BE6-4BD3-A1AD-40B35605E2BD.jpeg In case anyone wants to see my bracelet, it’s finished and Flora sent me a photo and video as usual. I think I am going to like it. I can’t wait to see it person. It’s a 3mm bezel set tennis bracelet with milgrain. Hope it looks even better in person.

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Hmmmm, can’t seem to upload the video! Ugh!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results