shape
carat
color
clarity

Proud owners of “mismatched” black and white pearl studs?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@icy_jade Thanks for the extra info and helpful photos! I agree—the contrasting pearls top and bottom help to round out the asymmetry and balance in a more complete way.

I’m thinking now top round pearls and bottoms baroque pearls, maybe something like this (although with Tahitians and baroques, not the likely dyed freshwater rounds they are using below):

3109DD3B-41FA-42B8-BCE8-AFAAFE7A6F8B.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade Thanks for the extra info and helpful photos! I agree—the contrasting pearls top and bottom help to round out the asymmetry and balance in a more complete way.

I’m thinking now top round pearls and bottoms baroque pearls, maybe something like this (although with Tahitians and baroques, not the likely dyed freshwater rounds they are using below):

3109DD3B-41FA-42B8-BCE8-AFAAFE7A6F8B.jpeg

Now that is very cool !

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It's getting increasingly hard to find well-dyed freshwater pearls.

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
I took a short break from looking at unaffordable CS and picked up a pair of Kamoka studs second hand but never worn by the seller.

When I saw the stock photo that the seller had used, I realised that it's the same pair you've posted!

I don't have a caliper, but the seller did and her photos indicated that the black was 8.8mm and the white was 8.7mm - so you're right, one is slightly smaller than the other

In dim restaurant lighting

Resto 2.jpg

In my room lighting (mix of yellow and white light but tends to look more yellow)

Room 1.jpg

Room 2.jpg

I like how the white pearl looks here. I thought I might not like it as I don't like cream pearls, but it's not really a cream- or is it?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Bojambles They are really lovely!! Congrats!! To me they are very well matched in luster which is nice. I’ve seen some pairs where one is much more glossy than the other.

PS would love a photo of you wearing them both at the same time if you have one!

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
@Bojambles They are really lovely!! Congrats!! To me they are very well matched in luster which is nice. I’ve seen some pairs where one is much more glossy than the other.

PS would love a photo of you wearing them both at the same time if you have one!

Thank you! I've just tried them on and my face is too round for them to show face-on in a photo.

I managed some side profile ear shots, but they are not good quality (bad camera and lighting)... and I think that's not what you're looking for?

Let me see if I can get someone to take a video over the next few days and upload it.

I am also scratching my head on how to pair this with outfits other than black or white

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! A video would be great if not too much trouble!

I think the advantage of this pair is that the dark pearl has gorgeous tones of blue and green, rather than often a flat gray in many other pairs I’ve seen. So I would imagine in addition to the classic black and white ensembles, they would complement any outfit with hues of blue or green. Same with the light pearl, it’s very full bodied rather than a flat white or silver.

I think they look quite versatile, and would pair with neutrals well too. A fun every day go to pair or one to dress up with to the theater!

Wishing you lots of joy in wearing these beauties!

Bojambles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! A video would be great if not too much trouble!

I think the advantage of this pair is that the dark pearl has gorgeous tones of blue and green, rather than often a flat gray in many other pairs I’ve seen. So I would imagine in addition to the classic black and white ensembles, they would complement any outfit with hues of blue or green. Same with the light pearl, it’s very full bodied rather than a flat white or silver.

I think they look quite versatile, and would pair with neutrals well too. A fun every day go to pair or one to dress up with to the theater!

Wishing you lots of joy in wearing these beauties!

No worries! I've posted the video here. Hope it helps. Lmk once you've viewed it and I'll delete the post

Also, I tried this on over the weekend with a black asymmetrical neckline dress (toga style) and that seems to work too

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Bojambles Thanks so much! Just saw it! They look great! A classic yet contemporary statement! Also, the overtones make the colors very rich and full-bodied. No, I don’t think the white one is creamy at all—to me it’s silvery with a hint of warm glow, like a pale moon lit from within.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took a short break from looking at unaffordable CS and picked up a pair of Kamoka studs second hand but never worn by the seller.

When I saw the stock photo that the seller had used, I realised that it's the same pair you've posted!

I don't have a caliper, but the seller did and her photos indicated that the black was 8.8mm and the white was 8.7mm - so you're right, one is slightly smaller than the other

In dim restaurant lighting

Resto 2.jpg

In my room lighting (mix of yellow and white light but tends to look more yellow)

Room 1.jpg

Room 2.jpg

I like how the white pearl looks here. I thought I might not like it as I don't like cream pearls, but it's not really a cream- or is it?

no
not cream
looks nice and white

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I've just tried them on and my face is too round for them to show face-on in a photo.

I managed some side profile ear shots, but they are not good quality (bad camera and lighting)... and I think that's not what you're looking for?

Let me see if I can get someone to take a video over the next few days and upload it.

I am also scratching my head on how to pair this with outfits other than black or white

i think you could dress them up or dress them down
kind of edgy and sophisticated or fun and lovelly
they are real beauties

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results