shape
carat
color
clarity

protect principle

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shoppingqueen

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

I had been browsing this site & really enjoy it. It is an awesome site & very informational. I have learn a great deal.

I am new & confuse about diamond purchase. I understand that buying diamond is just to satisfy myself. It is dumb to believe that it is a good investment, for that you are much better off in buying AOL stock. What wonders me is there a second hand market for diamond. If so, what is the best thing to do if I want to upgrade with the minimum loss with the old one?:rolleyes:

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi ShoppingQueen, thanks for kind words! :)

What wonders me is there a second hand market for diamond. If so, what is the best thing to do if I want to upgrade with the minimum loss with the old one?:rolleyes:
----------------

I am currently looking for a 3 carat diamond. I try my best to be an informed shopper so I went through this site to get some education. Then I compare the stones available from those vendors in this site and it seems a very little portion in this site can match the price listed on pricestat. It makes me really wonder whether those wholesle prices are real prices for general consumers.

By "Pricestat" do you mean the price stats on this site or any other diamond price list like Rapaport?

Price stats on this site shows average and lowest prices from the database comprising diamonds listed here. I would recommend to use it as indication only. Besides, for some categories there can be not enough diamonds in the database to make reliable stats.

I suggest using direct price comparison for the stone you consider buying by doing the search in Pricescope database. In this case you at least compare prices for the existing stones that are offered for sale and you can actually buy them. Just pay attention to the details of the cut and compare "apples to apples".

[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results