Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Pros: Please rate and comment on these ASET images

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,504
Definitely #27. then #33 next if I had to choose something else.
 

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Apr 4, 2010
Messages
9,667
definitely the last one. what did the gemologist say?
 

downloadduckss

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
27
Gemologist recommend 27 too.

How do I make sure the diamond on the website will be the same one on the ring when i receive the ring from the vendor?
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,504
you could get it independently verified and appraised and depending on the inclusions, they can see it as per plot on the report and match it up to your actual diamond.
 

downloadduckss

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
27
D&T|1308948745|2954284 said:
you could get it independently verified and appraised and depending on the inclusions, they can see it as per plot on the report and match it up to your actual diamond.
But i would have to pay for this service... would I be able to tell anyway what I received is what i'm paying for when it arrives?
 

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
1,063
number 27 for sure. If it is GIA certified or AGS it should say on the certificate what the laser inscription reads.
 

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Mar 26, 2011
Messages
1,063
You are going to want to get an appraisal done regaurdless. You will need one for insurance purposes :twirl:
 

downloadduckss

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
27
farmer gal|1308949157|2954292 said:
number 27 for sure. If it is GIA certified or AGS it should say on the certificate what the laser inscription reads.
it is GIA certified. So the does the diamond have the GIA Laser Inscription Registry # inscribed into the diamond?
 

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
22,482
downloadduckss|1308949509|2954297 said:
farmer gal|1308949157|2954292 said:
number 27 for sure. If it is GIA certified or AGS it should say on the certificate what the laser inscription reads.
it is GIA certified. So the does the diamond have the GIA Laser Inscription Registry # inscribed into the diamond?
Maybe, maybe not...it should say on the GIA report. Can you bring it up and look at it?
 

downloadduckss

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
27
tyty333|1308949837|2954302 said:
downloadduckss|1308949509|2954297 said:
farmer gal|1308949157|2954292 said:
number 27 for sure. If it is GIA certified or AGS it should say on the certificate what the laser inscription reads.
it is GIA certified. So the does the diamond have the GIA Laser Inscription Registry # inscribed into the diamond?
Maybe, maybe not...it should say on the GIA report. Can you bring it up and look at it?
the number is on the report. my question is how do i make sure the report i receive when i get the diamond is the same as the diamond i get from the vendor?
 

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
5,028
no not all GIA diamonds will have the inscription, particularly stones larger size, GIA provides a plot for these stones that map the inclusions or lack thereof. No two diamonds are the same so a professional can compare the diamond to the report to ensure your diamond is what they say it is. And it's in your best interest to have an appraisal done, it's a small price in the long run.
'
Most vendors will have your stone inscribed for a fee. I think its around $100-150, or about the same price as an appraisal
 

downloadduckss

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
27
Stone-cold11|1308950060|2954308 said:
Post the GIA report number and the carat weight as listed on the report.
why should i post the GIA report number?

i was able to verify the number on the Gemological Institute Of America website...
 

Stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
14,069
I want to see what type of report it is to give you what kind of suggestions on how to verify the stone. Stop being so secretive if you want people to help you.
 

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 7, 2011
Messages
5,028
Christina...|1308950108|2954309 said:
no not all GIA diamonds will have the inscription, particularly stones larger size, GIA provides a plot for these stones that map the inclusions or lack thereof. No two diamonds are the same so a professional can compare the diamond to the report to ensure your diamond is what they say it is. And it's in your best interest to have an appraisal done, it's a small price in the long run.
'
Most vendors will have your stone inscribed for a fee. I think its around $100-150, or about the same price as an appraisal

you can have the stone inscribed with any message you want, not just the cert# as well, so if you wanted to inscribe your names, a dat, a special message...you could do any of that.
 

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Oct 27, 2008
Messages
12,504
If you have the diamond on hold, no one will take from underneath you.

As for the laser inscription, You may need a powerful magnifier to even see it! normal jeweler's loupe that vendors provide won't cut it.


Stone-Cold is just requesting to see possibly the plot and the type of inclusions of the stone as well?
 

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 14, 2009
Messages
21,097
You can buy a 10x loupe on ebay for $15 and match your own inclusions if the stone is say VS1 or lower - VVS inclusions can be really hard to find.The loupe can also be used to read the GIA inscription, if your stone has one - this will be on the girdle, you won't be able to read it without magnification... and there is also the stone's characteristic facet pattern...

But, as FG says, you'll want a thorough and uninflated appraisal of the final piece at least to insure with.
 

downloadduckss

Rough_Rock
Joined
Jun 6, 2011
Messages
27
Stone-cold11|1308950297|2954318 said:
I want to see what type of report it is to give you what kind of suggestions on how to verify the stone. Stop being so secretive if you want people to help you.
Sorry to be over protective, but I will have the diamond on hold for another 18 hours only. After that, it'll be a free for all! :(
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Tennis Bracelet Love
    Pretty Princess Cut
    Pretty Princess Cut

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top