shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Ideas Possibly Involving the Airport?

km782

Rough_Rock
Thanks to people on the forum here, I finally picked out the perfect ring. Now, I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for the proposal.

Our anniversary is at the end of the month and I had wanted to do something then, but it turns out she has to be away on a business trip during that time. I am picking her up at the airport when she gets back though, so I thought I could do something involving the airport. As a side note, we also spent the last year on opposite sides of the country (so a lot of time flying back and forth and in the airport) so maybe that is fitting.

I thought about standing by the drivers that are waiting for people by the baggage claim with a sign saying "will you marry me?" She isn't shy, but also isn't crazy about being the center of attention. So, that's a possibility but I'm not sure about it.

I also thought about hiring a car service to pick her up at the airport and take her to a scenic spot where I'd be waiting and pop the question. The only problem with that is she gets back after dark on a Sunday night so I'd need a place that was reasonably close, fairly well lit, safe at night and overlooks the water or something. So far I haven't been able to come up with any good candidates.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
km782|1359825070|3370523 said:
Thanks to people on the forum here, I finally picked out the perfect ring. Now, I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for the proposal.

Our anniversary is at the end of the month and I had wanted to do something then, but it turns out she has to be away on a business trip during that time. I am picking her up at the airport when she gets back though, so I thought I could do something involving the airport. As a side note, we also spent the last year on opposite sides of the country (so a lot of time flying back and forth and in the airport) so maybe that is fitting.

I thought about standing by the drivers that are waiting for people by the baggage claim with a sign saying "will you marry me?" She isn't shy, but also isn't crazy about being the center of attention. So, that's a possibility but I'm not sure about it.

I also thought about hiring a car service to pick her up at the airport and take her to a scenic spot where I'd be waiting and pop the question. The only problem with that is she gets back after dark on a Sunday night so I'd need a place that was reasonably close, fairly well lit, safe at night and overlooks the water or something. So far I haven't been able to come up with any good candidates.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

That'd be very cute, but you will definitely get a lot of attention...well, I guess depending on what day of the week it is. I haven't been to an airport in years so I'm not sure about the traffic. Can you do it before you go on your trip? Are you laid back people? My DH and I are and our engagement wasn't anything more than him showing up at my parents home with roses and Starbucks and he wrote me a letter with all the things that'd make you cry and at the bottom it said "will you marry me?", and when I was done reading it he was on his knee with the ring. Nothing fancy, but it was sweet to us and we definitely went out to celebrate with just us at a fancy restaurant, then with friends and family. Just an idea. Maybe for you, you could be in the town car to pick her up with champagne and roses etc?

damons

Shiny_Rock
I know this sounds really old fashioned, but personally, I think that asking your girlfriend marry you is a special moment that should be between the two of you, and not in a public airport surrounded by complete strangers.

Since she will be out of town for your anniversary, maybe you can just tell her that when she gets back to town, you want to take her out to celebrate. Is there a place that has special meaning to you? Is there a park or something near by where you can go for a walk?

AshleyParker

Rough_Rock
Proposal in plain full of nice people while flyign to romantic trip, sound's like perfect plan!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I really don't think the airport is a very romantic spot! I'd rather bring her home from the airport with lots of roses, champagne and dinner waiting at home since she will probably be tired. Let her open the door of the apt or house and see the roses and then you pop the question!

Marina87

Rough_Rock
I don't like the idea of proposing at the airport. It just isn't romantic enough.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results