shape
carat
color
clarity

Project 2010

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
As you many recall, I am on a husband imposed jewelry moratorium until May 12, 2010 (my birthday). This was because I got this recently:

Rubyasn.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
While waiting to get the ruby ring sized, I happened across this:

tb12.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wowsers! You mean you GOT it or you WANT it? Wow, lovely...

And I love the ruby ring and would love to see a hand shot!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
My husband let me get the bracelet too on the condition that I wouldn''t get anything else until 2010. Honestly, I think he thought that was a long time but for me, it just actually let me know I could get something else someday. I figured he might not let me.

Last year, in May, we went to Palm Beach on vacation. We went shopping on Worth Avenue which is the PB equivalent of Rodeo Drive, but nicer in my opinion because it is less congested and the people don''t (usually) act like they are better than you are. We happened on a place called Kaufmann de Suisse, which I had seen advertised in magazines but I wasn''t really paying much attention until I saw their front window. It was different from many of the other high end jewelers, very inviting and big glass sliding doors that open when you walk up to them. They had a window that every true diamond lover needs to see to believe. I am now kicking myself for not taking a picture for you guys to see. It had about 30 HUGE diamond rings of various cuts in the window and little signs telling you how big each was and what it was. I would say the SMALLEST thing they had was 3 carats and up to maybe 18 carats. We went in. They man was very nice and let me try on anything I wanted. (The store was empty because I guess it is offseason in PB in May). He quizzed my husband a little on what he did for a living and asked where we were staying. Smart guy. When we arrived home, there was a nice letter with pictures of the rings I had liked best. He followed up with a phone call a few weeks later. He wasn''t pushy at all. Just being a good salesman. More to follow...(including some pics)

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the hand shot. You can see the thread from before if you like. I will go and get the link.

rubygood332.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
So, we decided to go back to PB this year again and you can imagine how excited I was to go to this place again. It actually seems like my husband might let me get one of these beauties some day. I figure it will take at least four years to figure out exactly what I want. I wanted to show you some pics and tell you about this year''s visit.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little confused,
41.gif
is the bracelet from Kaufmann de Suisse?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
We got to PB on Friday but alas, I had to wait until SATURDAY afternoon to go see the rings. I could hardly wait. We go over there and walk in and there are two people there, a woman and the same guy from last year, who is one of the owners of the company. The woman asked to help us and I told her how I was returning again after last year and I mentioned my jewelry moratorium so she knew while I might buy someday, I wasn''t going to today. Well, that was my mistake. She then lost all interest in anything. She still let me try on whatever I wanted because, let''s face it, the store was EMPTY. But she just acted bored and it made me kind of mad but whatever. So we tried on some stuff and left.

Later in the trip, I took my camera back to take pics of things that I liked. I knew she would give me grief about it and I was hoping that it was her day off or something but no such luck. She reluctantly let me snap some pics but wasn''t thrilled. The owner was on the phone so she was going to ask him if I could do it but she just finally let me.

Their website isn''t very good and frankly, some of the stuff on there is butt ugly. They have gorgeous stuff but I notice that their ads often feature some of the really ugly stuff too, huge and gaudy looking.

Unfortunately, my pictures didn''t turn out great.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Love the ruby..and the bracelet!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I am sorry to do this to you guys, but I have to go and get a meatloaf in the oven and feed the baby. But I promise the first chance I get, I will come back and post the pics. I have a 6 carat emerald cut diamond ring, and two three carat RB rings to show you. (I DID NOT BUY THEM).
emotion-5.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well I love the stuff you DID buy and I''m glad you posted pics for us! Love the rich color in that ring and the tennis bracelet is simply exquisite!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. Finally have a sec. Here is the 6 carat ec.

ecd6t2.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Another one...

ecd62t2.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I tried on several emerald cuts but I think the only one I liked the styling on was the one above. I think I decided that 4 carats was the right size for me (and the most I could probably afford). I think they had 4 carats with baguettes but I just can't remember all of them and I knew I wasn't going to get too many pics with that lady.

The next one was a rb in a setting that they designed called flowing lines. This one is called double flowing lines. The center stone is 3 carats.

dbrb1.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Another double flowing lines 3 carat pic. SI 1 and F color. This one sold later that day.

dbrb2.jpg

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
What I really wanted to see was a single flowing lines with a 3 carat rb but they didn't have one. Then, as we were driving out of town, I stopped one more time to show the rings to my nanny (who couldn't care less about diamonds but humors me anyway) and they had one in the window. I was so mad. Why didn't they have one a few days earlier? So I went in and the lady was there again. Rats! %#$% But she was on the phone so I quickly cornered the guy. I almost told him how rude his saleslady had been but I didn't. I was in a hurry. He said well, she was helping you so she will be with you in a minute. I asked about the single flowing lines ring in the window and she said they had made it later that day. Right.

I got some pics but they didn't turn out too well.

sflrb1.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, I'm just loving this thread!!!!!
3.gif
(I hope more pics are coming..)

From what I can see, the "flowing lines" mounting looks really interesting...is it 'wavey'? Wish there were more detailed pics available.

I agree, AF...the stuff in the the Kaufmann de Suisse magazine ads ARE gross...way over done. But everything you've posted so far is just yummy!

LOL....you're a girl after my own heart...lurking around taking pictures in high-end shops! You go, Girl!

One upside of having to wait a few years is think of the fun you'll have dreaming and looking for the "Big One"!
1.gif

widget

ETA: Your ruby ring looks so great...are you enjoying it? Do you wear it often?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Last one.

My guess is that they don''t sell loose diamonds or settings by themselves but I didn''t ask. They insist that they will deal on price and that they are competitive but I didn''t mention internet vendors as competition. I figured at this point, why bother? I really like the flowing lines settings a lot. I think I prefer the rb in the double flowing lines.

My husband loves the emerald cuts but I think I need to go a little bigger on them than the rb. He says he likes the ''clarity'' of the cut. I think I understand what he means but it is hard to explain. He just doesn''t like the look of the rb and that there are ''too many cuts'' (facets) and he likes the clean lines of the ec.

I also really like a three stone rb ring.

I have to ultimately decide what I want in terms of a rhr or an upgrade to my wedding set. I think depending on what ring I chose, I would make that decision then.

Anyway, enjoy the rings. I would love to hear your thoughts.

sflrb4.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is chock full of blinding eye candy! Me LIKEY!!

Your gorgeous deep red ruby ring is amazing...those double claw prongs are so elegant.

And that diamond bracelet? Bling-a-licious!!!!
3.gif

Thanks for sharing all those pics of those amazing rocks as well. Lucky you, to be able to contemplate your future upgrade like that! What kind of band is in the flowing line design? Are there little tiny rounds on the shank? It''s hard to tell from the pics. Please describe!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Sign me up for one of those "double flowing lines"!!! BTW-your ruby ring is stunning
30.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 10:11:22 PM
Author: widget
Oooooh, I''m just loving this thread!!!!!
3.gif
(I hope more pics are coming..)

From what I can see, the ''flowing lines'' mounting looks really interesting...is it ''wavey''? Wish there were more detailed pics available.

I agree, AF...the stuff in the the Kaufmann de Suisse magazine ads ARE gross...way over done. But everything you''ve posted so far is just yummy!

LOL....you''re a girl after my own heart...lurking around taking pictures in high-end shops! You go, Girl!

One upside of having to wait a few years is think of the fun you''ll have dreaming and looking for the ''Big One''!
1.gif

widget

ETA: Your ruby ring looks so great...are you enjoying it? Do you wear it often?
I almost wanted to tell them what are you thinking with those ads? I guess they must be doing alright but I think they probably put off people like me, who might actually buy something if they saw something that they liked. Since they only have three stores, the only way you might see something is if you come into one by chance like I did.

As far as taking pics, I probably wouldn''t have felt comfortable doing that at all if the guy hadn''t been so nice the first time around. I wonder how many sales that lady loses because of her holier than thou attitude? Interestingly, she was wearing a HUGE yellow diamond and I mentioned it (complimented her) and she was not receptive to talking about it. I find it hard to believe that she actually owned it unless she was related to the family that owned the company, which I guess is possible.

I really don''t mind waiting at all. I think a lot of the fun will be looking at every jeweler for the next few years that I come across. I might just go to the high end places for ideas, then buy online or not...who knows? I know we will go to NYC probably next year after my baby stops nursing so I would like to hit some of the Madision Avenue stores there.

I am loving the ruby. I think I like it better than any piece of jewelry I have ever had. It is just mesmerizing. I don''t like to wear it all the time since I have two little ones still in diapers. Also, although I have sized it, it still slides around my finger. I kind of want to wait to resize or do anything else until I lose the remaining baby weight I want to lose (about 8 pounds).

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 12:27:25 AM
Author: KristyDarling
This thread is chock full of blinding eye candy! Me LIKEY!!

Your gorgeous deep red ruby ring is amazing...those double claw prongs are so elegant.

And that diamond bracelet? Bling-a-licious!!!!
3.gif

Thanks for sharing all those pics of those amazing rocks as well. Lucky you, to be able to contemplate your future upgrade like that! What kind of band is in the flowing line design? Are there little tiny rounds on the shank? It''s hard to tell from the pics. Please describe!

It is kind of a wavy pattern with little diamonds in it. I am not sure what the diamonds are. That sounds nutty but when you are in there, you are just BLINDED by all those huge things. They have a collection called D Flawless that are HUGE rocks and they cost well over $1m.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 5:54:22 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

Their website isn''t very good and frankly, some of the stuff on there is butt ugly. They have gorgeous stuff but I notice that their ads often feature some of the really ugly stuff too, huge and gaudy looking.
Hmmm....not sure I''d call anything on that website "butt ugly", especially not the D Flawless collection. Perhaps, it''s more "Liz Taylor gaudy"....but if it was forced upon me....I''d wear it..
41.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t get me wrong. I have nothing against big. I think big can be pretty or it can be gaudy.

widget

Ideal_Rock
AF...I found this picture on their website. Aren't these versions of "Flowing Lines" settings? I can't tell ....are those clusters of teeny diamonds on the shank, or little marquises?

And BTW..when you were there, did you see any examples of their fine opals? (I love opals..)

widget

twokdsblack.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on the beautiful new ring and bracelet
36.gif
!
They would keep me happy until 2010 (or at least 2009).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results