shape
carat
color
clarity

princess or brilliant cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wombat

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question. All things being equal, which cut is generally more expensive the brilliant or the princess? I have been to several places and they have given me different answers each time and I want a concrete answer.

thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A brilliant is more expesive per carat, but round is usually cheaper per square mm of spread or surface area.
Princess is one of the highest yeilding ways a cutter can make money out of rough.
He he he
They are so popular at present that when all 50% of the new marriages break up in 5 years time e-bay and the likes will be flooded with princess cuts.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rounds cost more per carat than princess.

wombat

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for all your help.

I didn't know that the princess cut was getting that popular. I thought that the round was still the number one choice.

bye:wavey:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/9/2002 7:55:01 PM

They are so popular at present that when all 50% of the new marriages break up in 5 years time e-bay and the likes will be flooded with princess cuts.
----------------

Garry! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results