Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

princess or brilliant cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wombat

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Just wanted to ask a quick question. All things being equal, which cut is generally more expensive the brilliant or the princess? I have been to several places and they have given me different answers each time and I want a concrete answer.

thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
A brilliant is more expesive per carat, but round is usually cheaper per square mm of spread or surface area.
Princess is one of the highest yeilding ways a cutter can make money out of rough.
He he he
They are so popular at present that when all 50% of the new marriages break up in 5 years time e-bay and the likes will be flooded with princess cuts.

wombat

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys for all your help.

I didn't know that the princess cut was getting that popular. I thought that the round was still the number one choice.

bye:wavey:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/9/2002 7:55:01 PM

They are so popular at present that when all 50% of the new marriages break up in 5 years time e-bay and the likes will be flooded with princess cuts.
----------------

Garry! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.